Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,762 members, 7,820,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ (25569 Views)

Dollar Scarcity Looming As Naira Trades At N375 To A Dollar, Nigerians React / Naira Gains Against Dollar To N375/$ / CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by chukzyfcbb: 3:09pm On Feb 18, 2017
lorhema:
Since 2010 I have never been able to get PTA to fund treatment in India from my bank. I'm always told they don't have. In 2015, I went with my card and was nearly disgraced when it stopped working. Apparently the policy changed while we were away! I'm due to go back later this year and this report is good news. My prayer now is that I get access to this rate.

forget what you read on the news. someone I know ran to the bank to source for dollars few weeks ago...pta purpose actually for her to travel abroad. the bank kept playing her telling her no dollars at the moment, she kept going at it for a while until she got frustrated and bought from the black market. This news is just for formality sake, there is no forex anywhere for individuals either pta or whatever except you and the bank manager are in good terms

2 Likes

Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by Nuahall2k14(m): 3:12pm On Feb 18, 2017
Lies jare!!!! U Will Now go to bank and they will tell u no money.oloshis!
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by AleAirHub(m): 3:24pm On Feb 18, 2017
Baba.
even if you manage to secure some , the bank managers will re-negotiate the rate again for customers. That will make the rate high.
celestialAgent:
CBN GOVERNOR is just so dominated by ignorance.

You give banks the mandate to sell to BDC operators at 385 and to sell at 375 for tuition purpose, who d hell do you think those selfish banks would want to sell to?

Even when it was 199 (God bless Gej for this rate), those selfish banks would make make you que like forever before they could honour your form A transaction, how much more now.

Balderdash.
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by tdayof(m): 3:26pm On Feb 18, 2017
mykelmeezy:
this is the best news ive seen from this useless government

but will form A go...

will there still tax $100 on every thousand sent

will the banks provide on time?

How is this a good news??
How much was it before?
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by tdayof(m): 3:30pm On Feb 18, 2017
martineverest:
those paying tuition fees abroad normally source for dollars demselves during dis recession,unlike before.they usually get dollars at black market rate of 500 naira per dollar.....but it has been reduced to 375 when using PTA

No. Tuition fee gets charge at a rate not as expensive as this before.
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by Adminisher: 3:31pm On Feb 18, 2017
Omoakinsuyi:
Clueless president
Absolutely clueless CBN Governor and baby Finance Minister
I pray we get out of recession in 2017

Na wa for una o.
May be God will get angry and delay the recovery. People are just posting insults on the economy. The people who caused it are riding easy since they are out of power. Some idiots would write that is the FG floats the Naira (with plenty of good English that suggests good intelligence), however if the FG floats Naira they will experience the cry of hunger from their children within two months . I have been told it is a terrible sight to watch your children cry in hunger.

If you don't have answers or ideas please don't post RUBBISH on the economy. No body has the answer. The important thing is that there is no "sufferless solution"
If you believe there is a magic solution without pain you are actually an idiot ..And like I said may you not experience children crying out in hunger.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by AleAirHub(m): 3:33pm On Feb 18, 2017
Most schools in India will cooperate sharp sharp cheesy cheesy
Iko5000:
Are you for real . Who do you really think will get money at this rate, also what's stopping anyone to get at that rate and sell it at black market rate. oh you will say its going to the school directly , but wait oh i can make some business with a [b]mushroom school abroad to defraud the Govt too .[/b]
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by bigtt76(f): 3:35pm On Feb 18, 2017
Useless people, tomorrow they will say they don't have multiple exchange rates grin

Islie:

[b]Moves to tighten noose against FX round tripping

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/02/18/cbn-pegs-dollar-rate-for-school-fees-pta-at-n375/

Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by mildflame: 3:42pm On Feb 18, 2017
PUSH1:

What kind of factory?
Send info.
msantos1903@hotmail.com

Thanks for the concern really do appreciate it but already plunge into Agriculture
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by mildflame: 3:50pm On Feb 18, 2017
Adminisher:

Na wa for una o.
May be God will get angry and delay the recovery. People are just posting insults on the economy. The people who caused it are riding easy since they are out of power. Some idiots would write that is the FG floats the Naira (with plenty of good English that suggests good intelligence), however if the FG floats Naira they will experience the cry of hunger from their children within two months . I have been told it is a terrible sight to watch your children cry in hunger.

If you don't have answers or ideas please don't post RUBBISH on the economy. No body has the answer. The important thing is that there is no "sufferless solution"
If you believe there is a magic solution without pain you are actually an idiot ..And like I said may you not experience children crying out in hunger.

How many times has the CBN clash with the FINANCE minister on policies, bank rates and otherwise? Where is the coordination? The chairman of Economic Management Team( Osibanjo) why does he keep consulting with a separate private economic Think Tank group....these people are TOUTS

1 Like

Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by erico2k2(m): 3:51pm On Feb 18, 2017
Keneking:
Lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

- better than buying from black market
- submit all your documents, marriage certificate, passport, yellow card, admission letters, WAEC/GCE/NECO others, scratch cards & pin etc
- fund your account
- get tally sorry telex number and

scream Jonathanohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Amazing decision
Then wait for 2 years
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by erico2k2(m): 3:53pm On Feb 18, 2017
AleAirHub:
Most schools in India will cooperate sharp sharp cheesy cheesy
Which or what Bank in Nigeria do you think is going g to sell to you at this rate ?
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by erico2k2(m): 3:54pm On Feb 18, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

forget what you read on the news. someone I know ran to the bank to source for dollars few weeks ago...pta purpose actually for her to travel abroad. the bank kept playing her telling her no dollars at the moment, she kept going at it for a while until she got frustrated and bought from the black market. This news is just for formality sake, there is no forex anywhere for individuals either pta or whatever except you and the bank manager are in good terms
Now.that's the gospel truth.only those who don't have any biz with forex think this is some sort of good news .
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by AleAirHub(m): 4:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
Baba no banks will sell at that rate.....
erico2k2:

Which or what Bank in Nigeria do you think is going g to sell to you at this rate ?
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by biikeys(m): 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2017
Clueless people
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by erico2k2(m): 4:16pm On Feb 18, 2017
AleAirHub:
Baba no banks will sell at that rate.....
Even my own forex kept in my Dom account bank no see return to me .
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by Tabbaz(m): 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2017
mykelmeezy:

it's horrible good news

see the thing is it's better to get it at 375 than 530 at black market

if you are here or have anyone who's here ask them how they are coping

We are here abroad o. Mehn exchange rate is killing us
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by AleAirHub(m): 4:24pm On Feb 18, 2017
Haha....
That is modern robbing by trick cheesy cheesy cheesy. Little Nigeria children can't entrust their little savings receive as gift to their parent in Nigeria grin grin grin .
Scam regime
erico2k2:

Even my own forex kept in my Dom account bank no see return to me .
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by GoldenBoy21(m): 4:35pm On Feb 18, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
bureau de change sells dollars at that same rate. does this mean that CBN is now competiting with bdc for the same buyer?

coz this move may make bdc owners to increase the rate at which they sell

Is there a daily limit on how many $ you can buy from BDC?
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by mykelmeezy: 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2017
tdayof:

How is this a good news?? How much was it before?

when in the desert
you don't complain about the fact that rain comes in drops and not cups

my point is there is a level you get to bad news becomes good news

its a terrible mentality but can't blame me
375<530
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by tdayof(m): 4:53pm On Feb 18, 2017
mykelmeezy:

when in the desert

375<530

No. The issue is the price increased. It was 318 before for school fees even at few weeks ago.

Now it's 375.

1 Like

Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by erico2k2(m): 5:11pm On Feb 18, 2017
mykelmeezy:

when in the desert

375<530

U still don't get it.
That rate quoted is for friends and family .
You can never get that rate as a customer .
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by maxzzo1(m): 5:13pm On Feb 18, 2017
What a disaster, Naija we hail o...APC change...
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by Mayflowa(m): 5:32pm On Feb 18, 2017
UncleJudax:
another indirect/partial devaluation. at least thats what it looks like. they want to close the gap with parallel market. grin

That is the problem. Parallel market would never allow that closure. They would increase the gap likewise to continue their sham profit. We are definitely in trouble!
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by ithink7: 5:40pm On Feb 18, 2017
This CBN governor will ruin the economy. It is now a fact that nothing good can come out of this CBN regime.
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by celestialAgent(m): 5:43pm On Feb 18, 2017
AleAirHub:
Baba.
even if you manage to secure some , the bank managers will re-negotiate the rate again for customers. That will make the rate high.
I just tire onto Naija issue.
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by AngelicBeing: 5:50pm On Feb 18, 2017
Keneking:
Lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

- better than buying from black market
- submit all your documents, marriage certificate, passport, yellow card, admission letters, WAEC/GCE/NECO others, scratch cards & pin etc
- fund your account
- get tally sorry telex number and

scream Jonathanohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Amazing decision
If you keep calling my name, l will ban you, l am Jonathangrin grin grin
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 18, 2017
Clueless CBN...
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by UncleJudax(m): 6:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
Mayflowa:

That is the problem. Parallel market would never allow that closure. They would increase the gap likewise to continue their sham profit. We are definitely in trouble!
FG and CBN are playing into their hands. But I wont call it sham profit. It is just like cost of land in Lagos vs Kaduna, demand and supply are the chief determining factors.
If CBN cant provide enough or near enough forex, parallel market would continue to thrive.
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by arena07: 6:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
is this new rate for form A?or what medium of this new rate can the students pay their school fees abroad?
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by Shakitibob0: 8:33pm On Feb 18, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
bureau de change sells dollars at that same rate. does this mean that CBN is now competiting with bdc for the same buyer?

coz this move may make bdc owners to increase the rate at which they sell
please,have you bought from those bdc before?how does it work ?
Cc aleairhub
Re: CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ by thoexynne: 9:31pm On Feb 18, 2017
Please anyone how do I get the personal travel Allowance ($) . I will be traveling in two weeks time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Businessman's Wooden Safe Caught Fire In Lagos / BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss / Ethiopia, Nigeria Swap $100M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.