Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,268 members, 7,954,040 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:19 AM

A Story-the Farm - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Story-the Farm (347 Views)

The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. / This Is My Story- The Agony Of A Senior House Help (a True Life Story) / The Missing God A Story By Johnydon22 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Story-the Farm by christainslove: 1:43pm On Feb 18, 2017
The farm
‘Mommy, can I have some of the chicken pie?’ Jackie asked.
Her mother looked at her over her twin, Jack head. ‘Yes, dear, you can have as much as you want’
She smiled as she took a bite of the sweet-scenting pie. It tasted delicious.
‘Where is father?’ Her twin, Jack asked.
‘He is out milking the cows’ Jackie answered. She, her brother and her parents lived in a farm just outside town.
Their farm was the best in town, with different animals-chicken, goats ,pigs ,cats,
cows, sheep and horses. Their mother and father, Mr and Mrs Murphy took great care of their lovely little farm.
‘The farm is our livelihood’ Their Father always said to them. The four of them lived a happy, content life in the small farm house.

Mr Murphy came in just then. ‘There is an emergency’ He said, looking at them.
Everyone looked up at him. ‘My Mother has been hospitalised’ He said, looking worried.
‘We need to go there immediately’ Mrs Murphy said.
‘But who will stay to take care of the animals?’Mr Murphy asked
Mrs Murphy looked at the two teenagers. ‘Jackie and Jack can do it’ she said firmly.
‘But they are only fifteen’ Mr Murphy said. He turned to them. ‘Can you guys manage the farm without us?’
The twins looked at each other. ‘ Yes, papa’ Jackie nodded.
‘Please take care of Grandma’ Jack added.
Both parents had tears in their eyes. ‘You guys are children to be proud of’

Once that was decided, Mr and Mrs Murphy went upstairs to pack a suitcase. They were going to leave that same day.
They said goodbye at the front doors made of pine wood. ‘Take care of yourselves and the farm’ They told the twins.
Both nodded their heads as they stood in front of their family portrait.
‘Take care’ said the twins as
they left.
The twin looked just like their parents, with lean builds and pale complexion. Both parents and children had identical blue eyes and black hair.
‘Can we do it’ asked Jack, hands pressed together.
Jackie stood up straight. ‘Of course we can’ she said. ‘If you are feeling a loss of confidence then remember - Philippians 4:13- I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Ephesians 6:17: And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God
‘ Fine, let’s get to work’ said Jackie. They went outside to the farm grounds. It was a mess. The chickens needed feeding and their nests cleaning, the goats and cows needed milking and the horses needed their straw. The sheep were already bleating. The twins looked at each other in a panic.
‘Let’s make a plan’ said Jackie. ‘ I take care of the cows, the goats and the chickens and you take care of the pigs, horses and sheep’
‘Okay’ said Jillian.
Jackie went to work, milking a cow while Jillian went to feed the pigs.
Jackie was milking the last cow
when she heard a loud noise. She looked up to see all the horses loose and roaming the grounds.
‘What to do?’ She whistled for her horse and it came running. Jack came out then, riding after the horses.
Together the twins managed to get the horses back into the stable.
Finally, Jackie finished milking all the cows and the goats. She sat down on a wooden chair, exhausted.
Jack was working hard too.
She headed to the chicken house and began to feed the chickens. Then she cleaned the house. She was carrying a crate of eggs out when it crashed and spilt over.
As if she called for help, Jackie heard the gate bell ring. Who could that be?
She opened the gate cautiously.
Three clear faces beamed at her. It was
Jullian, Sheily and Tracy, their best friends.
‘Why weren’t you at school today?’ They asked
Jackie smiled as they stepped into the farm grounds. ‘My Grandma was hospitalised so
I and Jack had to stay home and look after the animals’
Jack ran up to them from the back.
‘You are here’ he beamed at them.
‘Yea, you are home alone, right’ said Jullian. ‘We will help you’
‘Thanks’ Both Jackie and Jack looked delighted.
Their work moved smoothly after them. The five of them cleaned the farm house from top to bottom.
Once the work was finished, they walked back to the farm house.
‘Work done’ said Jack. ‘Time for a feast’
Together, the five of them cooked the meal and set the table . They placed rice, potatoes and chicken on the table.
‘ Nice’ said Jack as they sat down to eat.
‘It was nice of them to come’ Jackie smiled fondly as she cleared the table after their friends had gone.
‘Wow now I know how difficult our parent’s work is’ said Jack.
The next few days continued much as it was. They fed the animals, cleaned their stalls and collected milk and eggs.
Jack was cleaning the horses stall when a horse reigned up and hit him across the face.
‘Ah’ He cried.
Jackie came running.
‘Jack’ She knelt down next to him shaking. ‘Are you all right?’
‘I am hurt’ He was covering his eye.
Jackie ran for the phone in the farmhouse and called an ambulance.
‘Please’ she begged. ‘My brother is hurt, come quickly’

The ambulance came soon. They drove them all the way to the hospital.
‘What’s wrong with him, doctor’ Jackie asked the moment they got there. Jackie was still grasping his face.
‘Don’t worry, he is going to be fine’ The doctor waved her away.
Jackie waited in the waiting room until she was called. Jack was on a bed, his face bandaged.
‘The doctor says I am going to be just fine’ He told her as she hugged him and cried. ‘I only have a bruise’
The hospital had called their parents and the next morning, they came through the doors.
‘ Jack, Jackie’ They took them in their arms in a family hug.
‘How is Grandma?’ said Jack.
‘She is going to be just fine’ said Mrs Murphy. ‘And guess what, she is coming to live with us’
The twins yelped in delight.
‘Come on, we best be getting home now’ said Mr Murphy.
Everyone laughed in delight.

(1) (Reply)

Ignorance In Christianity Today That People Fail To Understand / As A Christian, Describe The Person Of Christ In One Sentence. / What Is Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.