Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. (37541 Views)

Marine Engineers...lets Meet Here / Civil/ Structural Engineers, Lets Meet Here / Mud Engineers, Lets Talk Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 11, 2013
rhymz: hi everyone,
it has been a while since i commented here. i lost my phone that gave me easy access to the internet than my lappy. Anyway, I notice some of us updating the thread and helping others. I have good news for us all, I have been able to download the PDMS video tutorials full package: it is a four-cd package with step by step video tutorials that covers all aspect of pdms. however, there is a little difficulty, the language used is persian and some of us the textual explanation were not written in english either. but for the better part of the video tutorials, it is demonstrative and easy to follow if you already have average background in PDMS, the size of the whole file is 1.2gb.
At the moment, I am not in Lagos but will be there from the 20th of this month, anyone interested can as usual call me up to get it: for free of course.
Mr Kingsley, thanks for the link, however, you are yet to solve the main problem I complained about the last time: the crack file you said one will have to install with the patch for version sp12.0, the i go like get your dial. eggpet site you gave does not help matters either. is there a way we can meet in portharcourt? i really will like to meet with you. my system recently crashed, and i lost most of my pdms books and the installation from my training centre. as i write, i have downloaded more than two version of pdms yet none of them will work. if it is possible.
and my homey, Adekunle sorry i have been off the radar for a while o, my fone spoil and am back in sokoto.....i shall be active again prolly when i get back to lag.

Sincerely i don't know why the links at egpet are not working.
as i speak i have the software installed on two different computers.
You guys should please be patient, when i have the time i would try and upload the file on 4shared.com and then give the links here exclusively to Nairalanders.

Looks like the latest crackdown on internet piracy has made mediafire to remove the file from their servers.

Once i get the files up
i will give guidelines on how to install.

Please all sorry for the delay. i will do it soon.

regards
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by samilo88(m): 10:11am On Feb 17, 2013
Hi!! I just got d PDMS 12.6 software yestday. I installed it with d patch and it worked perfectly. A friend of mine in lagos downloaded it for me from a torrent site and sent it to me via a bus driver. Pls anyone wit manuals and tutorials besides d one in d installation file should pls help out. If u ar interested in having d software u can or add me on bbm 320C8039 thanks in anticipation..
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by rhymz(m): 3:52pm On Feb 18, 2013
samilo88: Hi!! I just got d PDMS 12.6 software yestday. I installed it with d patch and it worked perfectly. A friend of mine in lagos downloaded it for me from a torrent site and sent it to me via a bus driver. Pls anyone wit manuals and tutorials besides d one in d installation file should pls kindly send it to me through my email ekaikosamuel@yahoo.com. If u ar interested in having d software u can reach me on 07063390437 or add me on bbm 320C8039 thanks in anticipation..
hi dear
I think we should do an exchange, I will provide with all the lecture manuals including full and complete video tutorials you need and you will provide with the installation and patch. If we have a deal, here is my number, 08020312170, I don't use a bb but I am on whatsapp. I will add you now. Am Stev.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 26, 2013
sorry guys

my trying to help out hear only got me a ban for God knows what...

Maybe the anti-spam bot had too much to drink grin grin grin grin
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by rhymz(m): 6:18am On Feb 27, 2013
Kingsleyinfo: sorry guys

my trying to help out hear only got me a ban for God knows what...

Maybe the anti-spam bot had too much to drink grin grin grin grin
No problem bro. . .i finally installed it through the help of a nairalander on this thread while on whatsapp. It only took marking of all the modules during installation for it to properly install. Also, I discovered the 12.6 version was very much different from the 11.6 that is always used during trainings plus the fact that the training video is in 11.6 version. I had to install that as well. So it is ok. . .would like to see you when I am in Lagos. Are you anywhere around PH, Aba or Owerri. . . And how much do you know abt P&ID
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by rhymz(m): 6:27am On Feb 27, 2013
Insanity:

How U dey? Been a while, i tried to send you IMs but its not delivering. i have the PDMS 12.0 sp4 in my laptop now with the raw files, its a pity you are not yet back. Am through with my training, will be leaving lagos next tomorrow. i did the last stage of my training with the 12.0sp4, ie structures & ASL. How are ​We gonna do it? 'cuz i need the video tutorials really bad.
O boy Julius, how you dey na. Hope the work is catching on fast. Bro, I need your number again. I can't seem to find it. Biko whatsapp me with it once you see this NL msg. Thanks.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Dpros(f): 11:53am On Mar 16, 2013
Dpros: [b]Hello everyone, i am happy to come across this discussion. well i have good news for those of you in lagos and those that really want to run a very comprehensive PDMS training using Verison 12.0 and those that want the version 12.0 installed on their computer system. we run training on PDMS with Version 12.0 and several other packages as well that will equip you for the oil and gas sector.
Our company name is Dpros Global Resources Ltd. website..www.dgr.com.ng, email.... info@dgr.com.ng.

We have a training center in Festac and at Ikeja. Our training fees are very affordable and the duration for each package ranges from 3week(3times a week) upwards which also depends on your assimilation speed. we tailor our timetable in a flexible way that will suit your schedules as most of our trainings are offered one on one.

Our Training Courses Are As follows

PDMS 12.0, Plant Design management system..............

Aspen HYSYS(process Flow Simulation & Design)..........

AutoCAD 2D Drafting & 3D Modeling.......................

Primavera P6 (Project Management, Scheduling & Planning)....

Orion (Structural Analysis, Modeling & Designs)..............

All our training packages are 99% practical with real life illustrations and also very comprehensive. For more details, contact

Clinton
info@dgr.com.ng

or visit www.drg.com.ng

08037916993 or 07052856858, call Now or text to book for your classes today
[/b]

Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Greatken007(m): 5:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
SO NO TRAINING IN ASABA DELTA STATE?I NEED THE TRAINING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE NO MATTER THE PAY,nzekk1@yahoo.com
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Dpros(f): 8:16am On Mar 20, 2013
Dpros: Just in case you missed out on the last months training session on Piping/Plant Design, Process Design, Pipe Stress Analysis, Project Management or any of our soft skills training packages at Dpros Consults, the opportunity is here again!. Avail yourself the opportunity to acquire the skills to kick off your career development process with more skills/options to boost your profile in 2013.

Our training packages exposes you to practical engineering and gives you an edge over your colleagues in the oil and gas field.
Our training materials are very comprehensive and specifically tailored to give the trainee a practical understand of each package
Our instructors are professional engineers & consultants with practical experience in divers engineering projects, design, simulation, analysis etc
We also offer one on one training options for each package with a very flexible time table very suitable for your busy schedules.

WHAT YOU WILL GAIN

-Proficient engineering skills in Design-simulation-modeling-analysis etc
-interactive and practical hands-on training sessions
-Free E-books and training manuals
-Free software installation
-Free refreshers class anytime after your training
-A Certificate on satisfactory completion of training

Some of our courses and programs include:

Plant Design Management System (PDMS) – Mechanical,Civil,Electrical,Process Engineers

Process Design and Simulation with Aspen hysys, PipeSim & PipePhase

Pipe Stress Analysis and Design with Caeser II

Instrumentation & Controls with SCADA, PLC & Etap

Structural Designs, Analysis and Modeling with StaadPro, Orion & CAD Rc

Project Management & planning with Primavera p6

Autocad 2D & 3D engineering designs,drafting and modeling

At Dpros consults, our mission is to help young engineers acquire and develop world class engineering skills to aid him/her maximize and utilize the full potentials of his/her career opportunities
For further enquiries and for training registration please contact us with the information below!

Dpros Global Resources Ltd
Suite B6b, 24Road Plaza, 24 Rd, Festac Town, Lagos.
Phone: +23480-37916993
+23470-52856858
Email : Info@dgr.com.ng
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 26, 2013
The autodraft module of PDMS is very versatile as it can be seamlessly used for dimensioning, labelling, tagging and writing of notes, alphanumeric of course. More so, tables can also be created and inserted on the draft view...
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
With advance capabilities, PDMS, just like many other Pipe Modelling software, can be used to produce Piping and Instrumemtation Diagram. A thorough knowledge of the underlying principles is necessary though
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 04, 2013
As much as a process plant can be modelled with PDMS, its of utmost importance that the MTO is kept at the barest minimum. Secondly, the project is not necessarily complete until its viability is tested empirically.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 10, 2013
Due to various forces and loads (pressure, temperature, wind, weight etc) that would eventually act on the piping system, its paramount that the system is tested scientifically if it can withstand such loads. This is achieved with the use of a stress analysis software. In all of these, the engineer's sense of judgement is paramount as empirical data is always backed up with field experiences.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 10, 2013
Even though a long radius elbow is usually 1.5 of the NPS (Nominal Pipe Size), during design and subsequent installation, an engineer can use his experience and judgement to increase this value. Cases of fitting lenght equalling 5 times NPS has been carried out.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Xtents: 8:23am On Apr 13, 2013
D.pinaku:
Due to various forces and loads (pressure, temperature, wind, weight etc) that would eventually act on the piping system, its paramount that the system is tested scientifically if it can withstand such loads. This is achieved with the use of a stress analysis software. In all of these, the engineer's sense of judgement is paramount as empirical data is always backed up with field experiences.

I have actually been following this thread keenly. You guys are doing a great job. How do I get in touch with you? I want to learn not just the applications, but also the basis and rudiments of piping particularly PDMS and CAESER II. Expecting your reply soonest. Thanks.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 13, 2013
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2013
please visit our group on linkedin.

Nigerian PDMS Designers and Pipe Engineers

There is an opportunity for an experienced PDMS designer, please visit the group to see if you qualify.

Invite more friends and colleagues, lets keep growing the group.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2013
@Kingsley. Nice one. Keep it up.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Rich4god(m): 8:05am On Apr 18, 2013
Plz house... How do i get the PDMS software. I have tried so many site but no avail.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by rhymz(m): 8:07am On Apr 21, 2013
Rich4god: Plz house... How do i get the PDMS software. I have tried so many site but no avail.
use torrent sites. . H33t.com
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by sedam: 11:00am On Apr 22, 2013
Hi guys, let me shed more light on this discussion. PDMS is a powerful modelling software but much more, you must have better understanding of piping design as well as piping layout b4 u can effectively use it for piping . Also, some knowledge of HVAC calculation and duct design. Piping designers work most on layout of piping as well as its associated process equipment within a process plant while piping engineers work on piping materials selection, pipe sizing, stress analysis calculations, production of piping design documents such as unit plot plan, isometric drawing, 3D modeling drawing using PDS, PDMS etc. For you to be a piping engineer or piping designer, you need more fundamental knowledge than just PDMS.
For questions or more info visit : www.sedamengineering.com or call 08038382041
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by gergemam: 12:30am On Apr 29, 2013
@ eimuhb... I just surf through nairaland and got this thread... Please i need materials on PDMS n CAESAR II training... if i can have more on AUTO-CAD or AUTO-DESK i will be glad.. I do have some basic knowledge in PDMS and AUTO-CAD. However, if u can forward the software for caesar II, i will be glad to... my e-mail: ger_gemam@yahoo.com.. Thanks
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by gergemam: 12:36am On Apr 29, 2013
rhymz: I wish it was possible to send large files via email but clearly is not allowed through emails. I ve got some very good full autocad books and video tutorials. The book is like 43mb, there is no how I can send it to you through your mail. Are you on whatsapp? Send me a ping on this number: 08020312170, we could arrange for how u can get them....right now i need tutorials on PDMS, i ve got some few good ones but i need more. .

@ Rhymz.. If u have a Google account.. download Google drive and share it to public so we can download it, presently in Kwara, Ilorin and i need those video and pdf tutorials on AUTO CAD badly.. Thanks
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 8:16am On May 07, 2013
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by iykeobu: 11:31am On May 08, 2013
@ SaintP why not go for AWS/CWI exams,once u pass it,the sky will not be ur limit but rather ur starting point.call for details. 07032811476
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by anjibee: 1:13am On May 13, 2013
for solidworks, <www.dapeeza.ws> yes you can learn it as I am at the moment.Its in Nigeria and you would get all you need to even get certified.

Let me use this to clarify on the responsibilities of an Industrial Designer and an Engineer. Before I dive into any details, let me list interdependent professionals.

Industrial Designers-that I am
Mechanical Engineers,
Civil Engineers
manufacturing/production engineers
Graphics and animation designers
chemical engineers
Architects
Materials Engineers

Also, these use similar tools(Solidworks, Revit,AutoCAD, Inventor...)Semantics cannot be ruled out as a line cuts across the abilities of this softwares. We all know Fela Kuti,Jay-Z, African China, Lemar, Barrywhite, Mode-9, Waje, Eva, Babra Streisand, Nat King Cole, Eldee.... They all are musicians in the same industry across countries, appeal to different tastes, having their own unique styles and identities too and so do these softwares. You Only need find which suits your abilities, interests and skills best, there is no limit and in this age of PMP, the sky is the limit... Im exposed to a couple of softwares, this is the most accurate analogy im able to come up with at this time. Design is wide either engineering(Solidworks, Revit), electrical(Multisim), Graphics(CorelDraw, photoshop, cinema4D). the job of the designer is to design in these modes. which would require some basic knowledge of the field you are designing for and of course the tool you have to work with. while i wont root my self to any professional specifics as having unique or sole responsibility to a task, Id say it would be difficult to expect an individual who doesnt have an idea of what a pipe elbow is to design a piping system, simply because he is a designer. industrial designers work hand in hand with other professionals like engineers(who deal with the construction, maintenance and servicing of physical quantities), Architects... to efficiently complete projects with a view to mass production. Exposure is key as they offer avenues for being introduced to a lot, the technical know how also, and a drive and passion for the projects embarked on is necessary. In many cases Industrial designers would sway towards invention and conception, putting valuing the finner details of any product or project. To design for the engineer I have to think like him more or less. NB: You will need a drive to learn the ins-and-outs of any software you work with, the little projects I have been done have given me the nerve to get by a couple of softwares.

collegeboard.com has been helpful to my understanding of what many fields offer and how they inter-relate. Please use it. Hopefully our JAMB website would be that potent someday.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by anjibee: 1:22am On May 13, 2013
Double post
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by anjibee: 1:22am On May 13, 2013
Double post
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by anjibee: 1:36am On May 13, 2013
Double post
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Dpros(f): 10:32am On May 13, 2013
for further information and for registration, give us a call or visit our office

DGR Consults Ltd

Suite B6b, 24Road Plaza,
24 Rd, Festac Town, Lagos.

Phone: 08037916993

Email : Info@dgr.com.ng
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 1:31am On May 21, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures / FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff / Top 5 Highest Paying Oil And Gas Companies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.