Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,550 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

I Need Help For Spell Checker Application In Java(very Urgent) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need Help For Spell Checker Application In Java(very Urgent) (1321 Views)

Creating UWP Application In C# Or C++ (xaml) / I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA / How Do Io Create Ribbon Ui In Java (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help For Spell Checker Application In Java(very Urgent) by babs87: 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2009
Design and implement a spell-checker application in Java. Your program should maintain an
array wordList of strings. Enable the user to enter these strings. [using
file processing. Once you have this capability, you can obtain the words for the spell checker
from a computerized dictionary stored in a file.]
Your program should ask a user to enter a word. The program should then look up that word in
the wordList array. If the word is present in the array, your program should print “Word is
spelled correctly.”
If the word is not present in the array, your program should print “word is not spelled
correctly.” Then your program should try to locate other words in wordList that might be the
word the user intended to type. For example, you can try all possible single transpositions of adjacent
letters to discover that the word “default” is a direct match to a word in wordList. Of course,
this implies that your program will check all other single transpositions, such as “edfault,” “dfeault,”
“deafult,” “defalut,” and “defautl.” When you find a new word that matches one in wordList,
print that word in a message, such as “Did you mean "default?".”
Implement other tests, such as replacing each double letter with a single letter and any other
tests you can develop to improve the value of your spell-checker.
Re: I Need Help For Spell Checker Application In Java(very Urgent) by logica(m): 8:14am On Dec 09, 2009
What help do you need? You mean you need somebody to help you do your school home-work?
Re: I Need Help For Spell Checker Application In Java(very Urgent) by kencas: 3:26pm On Dec 09, 2009
I got u.call 07036367505 so dat e can talk
Re: I Need Help For Spell Checker Application In Java(very Urgent) by segsalerty(m): 10:49pm On Dec 09, 2009
@Kencas
Why should he call u ? This is an assignment u can be of help to this guy on this thread, am sure u want to bill him ! huh ?
@Poster
Why should u copy the question verbatin here , tell us what u have done so far and which area are u having the problem? I am guessing you must have started something before posting help here
Re: I Need Help For Spell Checker Application In Java(very Urgent) by femu(m): 11:25pm On Dec 10, 2009
What u need to solve this problem is a Regex(regular expressions) parser. U can call 08034209301 for a solution
Re: I Need Help For Spell Checker Application In Java(very Urgent) by segsalerty(m): 11:48pm On Dec 10, 2009
@poster
its a nice hint mr femu gave you , search google and read about the use of the java.util.regex package , read on how to use / implement the use of classes in its package , its good algorithm to solve your problem !
do it yourself and post questions here if u have any more questions

(1) (Reply)

C# Question........help??? / Object-oriented PHP / We are all Geeks, Discuss your ideas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.