Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Is Football Betting A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Football Betting A Sin? (4090 Views)

Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... / Is Sport Betting Truly A Sin? / Is Football Betting A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Football Betting A Sin? by kingDELE(m): 10:27am On Feb 19, 2017
Several times, i place bet and start praying for my ticket to win.

I know God will never answer a prayer to sinful act.

I want to know if football betting is a sin so that i will not continue wasting my time praying.
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by DivinelyBlessed: 10:31am On Feb 19, 2017
I don't think so

I think it's a legal activity with illegal sounding money sometimes
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by BiafranBushBoy: 10:52am On Feb 19, 2017
Not at all... That is why bet9ja shops and the players are mostly filled with pastors and Evangelists who come to check their coupons.

Infact... in some of the shops... you can even listen to the word of God after placing your bets wink

4 Likes

Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by darbeelicous(f): 10:54am On Feb 19, 2017
so long as it's not illegal, its not a sin...... In most cases sha!
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by searchng4love: 10:56am On Feb 19, 2017
It is a sin
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by Davash222(m): 10:57am On Feb 19, 2017
darbeelicous:
In all cases!!

This is the only youth empowerment program in our country now.

1 Like

Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by searchng4love: 11:00am On Feb 19, 2017
Davash222:

In all cases!!

Wrong
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by darbeelicous(f): 11:00am On Feb 19, 2017
I disagree..... Not all legal activities are right b4 God.
Davash222:

In all cases!!

Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by Davash222(m): 11:04am On Feb 19, 2017
darbeelicous:
I disagree..... Not all legal activities are right b4 God.
Whatsoever that is right in the Eyes of God is also right in the Eyes of men.
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by kingDELE(m): 12:36pm On Feb 19, 2017
Davash222:

In all cases!!

asin ehn guy, anytime i enter d bet shop close to me, i do come out with shock because of d youth i do see here.
Even if its a sin, i believe with d hardship in d land, God will forgive us
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by kingDELE(m): 12:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
Not at all... That is why bet9ja shops and the players are mostly filled with pastors and Evangelists who come to check their coupons.

Infact... in some of the shops... you can even listen to the word of God after placing your bets wink
lol. Nice one
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by enshy: 9:39pm On Feb 25, 2017
Better still is gambling a sin? Your guess is as good as mine!
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by gangbang86: 6:20pm On Nov 20, 2019
Did God say something in the Bible about betting? No, he didn't (I think)
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by ochibuogwu5: 11:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
Betting is the same thing as gambling, all of them are sin against God.
He who is not faithful in little things will never be faithful in big things...
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by ochibuogwu5: 11:09pm On Nov 20, 2019
Betting/Gambling:
He who is not faithful in small things cannot be faithful in big things.
He who cannot take care of what belongs to another person(the money you use for betting whether from your salary/business is an unmerited/grace gift from GOD) who can give him what belongs to him(more grace gifts).
Betting is the same thing as gambling no matter the new name we give to it, no matter how many people who has profited from it.
It is evil and sinful before God and man.
It shows you do not trust God who gave you life *freely* without *you playing betting/gambling* with Him in the heavenly realm before He chose to make you a human being though He chose to create stone, water, trees grasses, snakes, reptiles, goats, cows e.t.c. the same day He created you in your mother's womb.
It shows you do not trust God who gave you the *first money you got* before you started playing *betting/gambling*
God who created us is definite about each human being purpose on earth even though He prompts us to collaborate with Him in bringing out this *unique purpose and manifestations* however He is not a God of *trial and error* thus
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end"

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations"

Isaiah 45:18 "For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, *He created it not in vain*, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else. 45:19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: *I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain*: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right."

Ephesians 2:10 "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."

In *betting/gambling* people rub Peter to pay Paul; 100 people pays #100 to win 1-game(#1,000) at the end of the game
1-person is given the #1,000 (10-times his/her income which is fraud in genuine business; a genuine child of God is not expected to make 100% of his income rather a reasonable profit above his *cost-price*)
While the owner of the system takes #9,000
While the remaining 99 people goes home with nothing, some people said but they are not complaining however somebody needs to tell them the truth just like those wasting their lives in prostitution, adultery, fornication, lies, bribery and corruption, forgery-of-certificates, impersonation, examination mal-practices, abortion, betrayals, back-biting, kidnapping, armed-robbery, assassination, sins, homosexuality, lesbianism, sugar-daddy/mummy, surrogates, runz girls//boys, unbelief, hopelessness, fake-prophets/prophetess(man/woman-of-god) e.t.c. are doing with the life and resources God of unmerited favours (Grace) has given out to all human being.

Engage in tangible business or employment where you can receive a tangible products and services that is *morally permissible* which you can sell with profits even if economy does not flow well, you will sell at cost price and get back your *initial-capital*
For services that are *morally justifiable* at least you have the choice of bargaining what you will be paid at the end of each month and when you are not paid, you file a legal proceedings against such institution/company/organizations.

Haggai 2:8 "The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts."

Isaiah 40:29 "He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. 40:30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

"Remember that it was, I the Lord who giveth thee power to make wealth" (Deuteronomy 8:18)

2 Corinthians 9:8 "And *God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work*: 9:9 (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever."
Philippians 4:19 "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

Stop trying to join *anybody to do what he/she is doing and get wealth from it*
You will not succeed in what others are doing, you will only succeed in what God has designed *only for you to do in this world/universe/generation*
Before you get into that endeavour/job/business/career designed for you, you need to surrender to the Lordship of Jesus Christ Crucified on the Cross of Calvary to *restore humanity to its original glory*
Thus
Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

John 10:10 "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

Matthew 11:28 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Mark 1:14 "Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: *repent ye, and believe the gospel.*"

Acts 4:10 "Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, *that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole*. 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. 4:12 *Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.*"

Great Grace Brethren!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by brainstorm21(m): 3:48pm On Nov 28, 2019
Betting is not a sin! I told that so many times and people still don't listen to me. It is ok to do it, no one is against it.
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by tochuukwu(m): 3:18pm On Jun 30, 2022
ochibuogwu5:
Betting/Gambling:
He who is not faithful in small things cannot be faithful in big things.
He who cannot take care of what belongs to another person(the money you use for betting whether from your salary/business is an unmerited/grace gift from GOD) who can give him what belongs to him(more grace gifts).
Betting is the same thing as gambling no matter the new name we give to it, no matter how many people who has profited from it.
It is evil and sinful before God and man.
It shows you do not trust God who gave you life *freely* without *you playing betting/gambling* with Him in the heavenly realm before He chose to make you a human being though He chose to create stone, water, trees grasses, snakes, reptiles, goats, cows e.t.c. the same day He created you in your mother's womb.
It shows you do not trust God who gave you the *first money you got* before you started playing *betting/gambling*
God who created us is definite about each human being purpose on earth even though He prompts us to collaborate with Him in bringing out this *unique purpose and manifestations* however He is not a God of *trial and error* thus
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end"

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations"

Isaiah 45:18 "For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, *He created it not in vain*, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else. 45:19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: *I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain*: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right."

Ephesians 2:10 "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."

In *betting/gambling* people rub Peter to pay Paul; 100 people pays #100 to win 1-game(#1,000) at the end of the game
1-person is given the #1,000 (10-times his/her income which is fraud in genuine business; a genuine child of God is not expected to make 100% of his income rather a reasonable profit above his *cost-price*)
While the owner of the system takes #9,000
While the remaining 99 people goes home with nothing, some people said but they are not complaining however somebody needs to tell them the truth just like those wasting their lives in prostitution, adultery, fornication, lies, bribery and corruption, forgery-of-certificates, impersonation, examination mal-practices, abortion, betrayals, back-biting, kidnapping, armed-robbery, assassination, sins, homosexuality, lesbianism, sugar-daddy/mummy, surrogates, runz girls//boys, unbelief, hopelessness, fake-prophets/prophetess(man/woman-of-god) e.t.c. are doing with the life and resources God of unmerited favours (Grace) has given out to all human being.

Engage in tangible business or employment where you can receive a tangible products and services that is *morally permissible* which you can sell with profits even if economy does not flow well, you will sell at cost price and get back your *initial-capital*
For services that are *morally justifiable* at least you have the choice of bargaining what you will be paid at the end of each month and when you are not paid, you file a legal proceedings against such institution/company/organizations.

Haggai 2:8 "The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts."

Isaiah 40:29 "He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. 40:30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

"Remember that it was, I the Lord who giveth thee power to make wealth" (Deuteronomy 8:18)

2 Corinthians 9:8 "And *God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work*: 9:9 (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever."
Philippians 4:19 "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

Stop trying to join *anybody to do what he/she is doing and get wealth from it*
You will not succeed in what others are doing, you will only succeed in what God has designed *only for you to do in this world/universe/generation*
Before you get into that endeavour/job/business/career designed for you, you need to surrender to the Lordship of Jesus Christ Crucified on the Cross of Calvary to *restore humanity to its original glory*
Thus
Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

John 10:10 "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

Matthew 11:28 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Mark 1:14 "Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: *repent ye, and believe the gospel.*"

Acts 4:10 "Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, *that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole*. 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. 4:12 *Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.*"

Great Grace Brethren!!!

Of all this; all you're saying is that God owns this life and everything in it, which is undoubtedly true: and that we should trust in him to provide for us whatever we need:
You failed to point out or mention anywhere in the Bible where gambling/betting was condemned just as we have citations where we were asked to abstain from different other sins
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by sonmvayina(m): 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2022
Sin is when you break any of the 10 commandments..
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by terrezo2002(m): 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2022
kingDELE:
Several times, i place bet and start praying for my ticket to win.

I know God will never answer a prayer to sinful act.

I want to know if football betting is a sin so that i will not continue wasting my time praying.
If God will never answer such prayers, then it is not the will of God and whatever is not the will of God is against the will of God which is sin
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by terrezo2002(m): 3:09pm On Jul 18, 2022
DivinelyBlessed:
I don't think so

I think it's a legal activity with illegal sounding money sometimes
If it has illegal sounding, then it is illegal to God
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by terrezo2002(m): 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2022
BiafranBushBoy:

For the fact that pastors are playing it doesn't mean it is not sin. If it not done out of faith then it is sin
Re: Is Football Betting A Sin? by terrezo2002(m): 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2022
darbeelicous:
Meaning it can be sin in some cases. It therefore means it is a sin

(1) (Reply)

Is Abortion Morally Permissible? / Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People / Were Is The Church Of Satan Located In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.