Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes (14459 Views)

Father Thaddeus Ilechukwu Disguises As A Beggar In Anambra / I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? / "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by youngdave78(m): 6:55am On Dec 19, 2021
I was wondering if it's a most to take your tithes to church?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by chatinent: 7:01am On Dec 19, 2021
I think the main person who needs to be given anything is the beggar rather than the other rich beggar who uses subtle means to extort it from you with the threat of you roasting in hell fire as a spirit when you die.

Do not pastors tell you to ask God for protection and guidance while they themselves use security personnel after your tithes and offerings have accumulated billions upon billions for them?

You give your tithes and offerings in secret but they tweet their giveback to the world...that is if they even give because last time I checked, they tell you to pray to God for your needs.

They are always telling you God told them to do this and do that...however, every pastor says different things “from God.”

They preach prosperity! Jesus preached God's Kingdom.

Before you intend arguing with me, explain to me what rashidi yekeni yamaha Kawa totoyota susuki means.

With the number of churches in Nigeria alone, one would think it is the most peaceful region. You can see up to twelve different churches in a two storey in Nigeria shouting differently and you are wondering why they will not tell you it is God that called them? Simply! You are vulnerable to be deceived when you hear God! The format has enriched many billionaires of the world!

You will see them hampering on offering from the “old testament” yet leaving Paul's account on voluntary giving?

Brothers,

They give you what you want to hear: miracles magic, fake testimonies, and “God says” since it brings quick responses.

Some of their fleet of cars, and private jets can feed the whole country for years. I mean three-square meals.

Ever wondered why every pastor you can think of is a billionaire? Simple! You pray to God for money and give to them who thank God for bringing people like you!

You, yes you, you respect your pastor even more than the God you claim to serve. The only respect you have for him is writing the “G” in capital letters!

I promise you, I won't respond to you.

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by khadaffi(m): 7:02am On Dec 19, 2021
Please do what you feel is right and stop seeking people's opinions on such issues. Even the bible makes us understand that on the last day everyone shall give account. Your pastor or fellowship leader will not speak for you. So what most of the leaders are doing now is mostly what suit them and their doctrine. If you feel it's right to pay it in church over giving to the poor do so. If you feel it's the other way round also do it. What many pastors will never tell you is that it is possible for God to speak to you and ask you not to give your tithe in the church because not all gathering are actually places where God dwells

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Kobojunkie: 7:03am On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78:
■Tithing, in the Name of Jesus Christ, is sin against Almighty God. undecided

■Giving offering to your churches, in the Name of Jesus Christ, is sin against Almighty God. undecided

■Making your vows in your churches, in the Name of Jesus Christ, is sin against Almighty God. undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by chigoziri2403(m): 7:11am On Dec 19, 2021
Tithing, (10%) is a requirement under the law that was established in the Old Testament. Under the law tithing is a payment. According to Colossians 2:14, Jesus Christ has wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us and nailed it to the cross. Galatians 3:13 says Jesus Christ has redeemed us from the law. If you are paying tithes out of a sense of necessity or obligations you are denying the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Every believer has been purchased by the blood of Jesus Christ and saved by grace, which means we are under the dispensation of grace and not the law.

9 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by pointblank247(m): 7:25am On Dec 19, 2021
Na waa for people ooo.
Why didn't you use your children school fee to give the guy and then tell the school that you gave to a worthier course.
When you are qualified to pay tithe,you will know

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by ITbomb(m): 7:26am On Dec 19, 2021
Very wrong
Tithe is specifically for the upkeep of the Temple or Church in this case (and people working in there)
That doesn't mean you should not help the beggar if you have any other money

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by helinues: 7:43am On Dec 19, 2021
Can't really remember the last time I stepped on church not to talk about giving tithes.

I give my money to those who truly deserved it. Mostly unknown people like beggars and those who are desperately in need

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by EnemyofGod22(m): 8:41am On Dec 19, 2021
Jesus Christ, Angels, Satan and God doesn't exist.

Know this and have peace of mind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Bubu4Sea: 8:50am On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78:
That's what's recommended by God.

Its answered here
https://www.nairaland.com/6901922/break-throughs-prayers-alms-not
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by AntiChristian: 8:54am On Dec 19, 2021
Tithes matter again?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 19, 2021
helinues:
Can't really remember the last time I stepped on church not to talk about giving tithes.

I give my money to those who truly deserved it. Mostly unknown people like beggars are people desperately in need

You don't have to use certain terms

You can give without calling someone a beggar

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by helinues: 9:31am On Dec 19, 2021
Crystyano:

You don't have to use certain terms

You can give without calling someone a beggar

Those who deserved it are totally different from the beggars I was referring to.

I do go out occasionally just to give beggars money. Those who beg for a living

7 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by younglleo: 9:33am On Dec 19, 2021
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Myer(m): 9:34am On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78:

For Jews, your tithe is for the priests/Levites since God has separated them from having properties and working.
Their source of livelihood is the tithe from the other tribes of Israel.

As a Christian tithing is not a requirement, cheerful giving is. Which some times could be less than a tithe (10% of your produce) or even far more depending on your choice and not a law. The early disciples gave all they had to the church after conversion.

Study the new testament carefully and you'll realise that no where did Peter or Paul mention the word tithe as a requirement. Only that the church make cheerful giving according to their will. Knowing that God blesses the cheerful giver.

However everything is hinged on your faith. If you have faith that paying tithe is when God blesses you, by all means do that.
If you have faith that giving cheerfully is when God blesses you by all means do that.
If you have faith that giving to the poor is when God blesses you, by all means do that.

Your faith is what makes you whole.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Ghost11: 9:34am On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78:
Nobody has the right to label it right or wrong.
It is between you and your God.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by fkj950ax(m): 9:35am On Dec 19, 2021
If you give a beggar, it's not tithe any longer

The Bible never asked for a tenth of your income to be given to a beggar.

You just gave a benevolence offering to someone in need. Your tithe will still be outstanding

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by phr0nesis(m): 9:35am On Dec 19, 2021
Deuteronomy 14:22-29 should explain how tithes should be made

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by irunoko(m): 9:36am On Dec 19, 2021
Wrong
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by GoodBoi1(m): 9:36am On Dec 19, 2021
So you cannot give the beggar from your 90%?

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Barrywilly(m): 9:36am On Dec 19, 2021
Follow your conscience
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by PROPHETmichael: 9:36am On Dec 19, 2021
It is wrong hence, the reason christ said the poor you will always have with you.

The scripture teaches 3 types of giving namely:'

Tithe
Offering
Alms
(This is where you give to the poor).

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by AmazingELixir: 9:36am On Dec 19, 2021
lipsrsealed

Chai its been long I tithed ooo
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Elsueno: 9:37am On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78:

It's very wrong undecided, how would u expect ur pastor to eat, wear expensive suites, own latest cars & private jets? . Better give am him share b4 he threatens with hellfire & devils grin
I can't even remember d last time I paid tithe to any church, and I still dey kampe

I think I need to become a pastor woh, my nairaland peeps how do u think of the name "Make me rich ministries" undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by DWJOBScom(m): 9:37am On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78:

The command is straight forward
Honor the Lord with your tithe.
Give to the poor as well
You are not giving to man but God for the furtherance of his work

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Lumig: 9:37am On Dec 19, 2021
sad
You can do it but never allow your pastor know about it , otherwise he will curse you with hell fire
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by AmazingELixir: 9:38am On Dec 19, 2021
lipsrsealed

Let's hear from Righteousness88 the resident NL pastor with bible reference ofcoourse to substantiate his view...
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by DWJOBScom(m): 9:38am On Dec 19, 2021
You summarised everything in one line
God bless you
PROPHETmichael:
It is wrong hence, the reason christ said the poor you will always have with you.

The scripture teaches 3 types of giving namely:'

Tithe
Offering
Alms (This is where you give to the poor).

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by headSmasher: 9:38am On Dec 19, 2021
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by meeky247: 9:38am On Dec 19, 2021
ITbomb:
Very wrong
Tithe is specifically for the upkeep of the Temple or Church in this case (and people working in there)
That doesn't mean you should not help the beggar if you have any other money

Where is the temple of God? Is it the one in Jerusalem or this shops that is being open every sunday in all the street of lagos state.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Blazzzaaa: 9:38am On Dec 19, 2021
Right
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by jpmoriarti(m): 9:38am On Dec 19, 2021
So people still pay tithe in 2021, with all the available evidence that it is the law of Moses, which we're no longer under. Obeying the law of Moses as a Christian, carries a curse. (Galatians 3:10)

Christ never collected tithe. He never asked his disciple to collect it. Tithing is the law. If you obey the law, then Christ is no longer of any benefit to you (Galatians 5:4)

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child / NAKED CHURCH UNVEILED, Opens Branches In Abuja, Lagos, P/harcourt / OPM Trains Members, Non-members For Free, Use Tithe Money For Sewing Machines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.