Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,736 members, 7,809,818 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

‘what Made Us Overthrew And Sent Buhari To Prison In 1985 —IBB Revealed Shocking - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘what Made Us Overthrew And Sent Buhari To Prison In 1985 —IBB Revealed Shocking (1198 Views)

Utomi: Buhari Overthrew Shagari To Stop Ekwueme From Becoming President / Shehu Sani In Aba Prison In 1995 (Throwback Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Poses With Friends As He's Freed From Kuje Prison In Abuja.PICS/VID (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘what Made Us Overthrew And Sent Buhari To Prison In 1985 —IBB Revealed Shocking by Naijabash(m): 1:40pm On Feb 19, 2017
On November 22, 1985, President Ibrahim Babangida spent 105 minutes with a Newswatch team of Dele Giwa, Ray Ekpu, Dan Agbese, Yakubu Mohammed and May Ellen Ezekiel.

During the interview, he talked about himself, the parting of ways with Buhari and Idiagbon, the challenges facing his 100-day old government and his hope for the future. Below are the excerpts as compiled then by Dele Olojede:

Q: When did it occur to you that you can be the president?

IBB: On August 27, 1985. People still believe that I nursed a lot of ambition, but I don’t think it ever occurred to me before that time.

Q: How were you chosen as president?
IBB: The system was like all other coup d’etats: people who are going to get involved will tell you what is happening and what the intention (with regard to yourself) is. I went through it in 1975 when we were planning to change the government.
<<CLICK TO CONTINUE READING AT SOURCE>> http://finegist.com/2017/02/19/what-made-us-overthrew-and-sent-buhari-to-prison-in-1985-ibb-revealed-shocking-revelations/

1 Like

Re: ‘what Made Us Overthrew And Sent Buhari To Prison In 1985 —IBB Revealed Shocking by vanbonattel: 1:48pm On Feb 19, 2017
Abi?
Re: ‘what Made Us Overthrew And Sent Buhari To Prison In 1985 —IBB Revealed Shocking by inourcare: 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2017
Wait.
Re: ‘what Made Us Overthrew And Sent Buhari To Prison In 1985 —IBB Revealed Shocking by Horlufemi(m): 3:15pm On Feb 19, 2017
Im still waiting to be shocked

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu ; ECOWAS Court Fixes 27th Of April For Ruling. / Atiku's Parrot Finally Laid To Rest / Do Female Police Officers Carry Arms?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.