Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,254 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... (2086 Views)

8 Things You Should Know About Unanswered Prayers / Unanswered Prayers / Reasons For Unanswered Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by felixomor: 6:29am On Feb 26, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
Watch , this thread will make front page . The same arguments rehashed by desperate atheists . This bullshit is getting boring abeg .

Atheists in religions pray too especially the atheist witches and the atheists in Confuscianism . Deists who acknowledge the existence of God do not pray . In fact , anyone who believes God is an impersonal God does not pray to Him .

If this thread was created to impugn the existence of God by questioning the efficacy of prayer , then you must be very ignorant .

You really know their strategy now.... grin
Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by hopefulLandlord: 6:51am On Feb 26, 2017
Pidgin2:

Since you don't pray to God, how would you know this?

I already gave a more detailed analysis here https://www.nairaland.com/3623087/medical-doctors-atheism-daily-evidence#53631159

hopefulLandlord:
Nothing Fails Like Prayer

The Catholic Church -- last I checked -- had documented what they called 12 "true" miracles from the people who visited Lourdes. They were all of the sort of spontaneous remission of Stage IV cancer and the like. Sounds impressive ... Except that there have been 12 million visitors to Lourdes. A rate of 1 "miracle" cure per million? That's way less than the documented no-prayer-required spontaneous remission rate.

In fact, if you're suffering from Stage IV cancer, you're better off -- statistically speaking -- to avoid Lourdes at all costs in order to experience a spontaneous remission.

Explanations for how prayers work are actually justifications for why they don't.

Facebook is interesting . I don't know how many times I've seen " pray for a miracle for x" and then x dies and it's " pray for x's family" or whatever. You would think at some point they'd figure out prayer is useless at best. And I guess some do.

in another example; A few years ago, texas was having a severe drought. They had state prayer days for rain and filled a stadium with the faithful who prayed for rain. Still there was no rain until the summer was over and then they got so much rain, they had floods.

The latest apology I've heard from theists on why prayer seems so embarrassingly ineffective is that people are praying for the wrong things. Instead of asking for a glass of water or a candy bar, they should be asking for god's will to be done.
Which turns intercessory prayer into a perfectly meaningless exercise. Because whatever happens ... grandma dying from cancer, getting the promotion, little Jimmy Billy Bob getting that 12-year-old girl pregnant ... that was all god's will in the first place. Good, bad or otherwise.

Praying that "Gods will be done" is one of people's last gasps as a theist, when they realise the things they are praying for aren't happening anyway.
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:02am On Feb 26, 2017
felixomor:

You really know their strategy now.... grin
Lol

grin grin

The ignorance makes it worse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by hopefulLandlord: 7:08am On Feb 26, 2017
Pidgin2:

So the only reason why you served God was because you wanted Him to answer all your requests? How does this sound to you?

To me, it seems like you were in it only for what you could get, did you ever consider God's feelings too, did you ever submit to Him and say "Lord, let thy will be done"

Hahahahahahahahaha, my analysis up there also answers this empty saying "Thy will be done"

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by Kingsley1000(m): 7:11am On Feb 26, 2017
you should pray harder ...atheists have infested this thread
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by hopefulLandlord: 7:13am On Feb 26, 2017
Kingsley1000:
you should pray harder ...atheists have infested this thread

I'm curious though, how "hard" is "hard enough"?

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by marvelife: 8:37am On Feb 26, 2017
[quote author=MZLady39 post=53959897]

Hi Sir NnaNna,
Although I don't know why my words (to someone else) have affected you..unless you are him, I still thank you for allowing me a way to address something.
Not only am I a fully grown Christian woman (with an abundance of sense), but I'm probably way older than you.. and most of the folks in here. See my moniker.
I have chosen to not answer my "pms" for two reasons which I won't discuss.
I posted my pic because I'm not ashamed to put a "face" with the threads and comments I make. I take responsibility for all of it. Just in case you're thinking that I could be posting a fake pic, "1" person on Nairaland has confirmed (through video call) that I am the woman on the pic...and I have confirmed he is the person on his pic as well.
I realize that Nairaland has lots of people with multiple "face-less" monikers...most of the time with no pics and joking, slandering, or bullying folks for no reason. And some people have "justifiable" reasons for not revealing who they are....
Of course, it's easy to be verbally courageous though when the person is "face-less".
I originally joined N.L. in December 2016...deactivated twice...and just returned on Feb. 14th. I came to Nairaland for one reason (which was not to find a spouse)..but now my focus has shifted on the type of threads I want to create.
I made some mistakes with answering "pms" when I first came to the site. A wise woman learns from her mistakes and makes better choices the next time around. It's not about being fanatical...but it is about being "discriminating" in a wise and harmless way. I'm comfortable right now speaking on this public forum (in this manner for now) and that's not to "ignore" or "reject" anyone (cause I do humbly appreciate the interests).
Rest assured and with all due respect, I know how to have a conversation with grown men....and when/if I'm ready to answer one or more "pms" (even if they are harmless)....I, humbly, will.

Thanks for your concern though...
I don't know what "U just fall hand" means. I don't know Pidgin English....sorry. smiley

Cant believe this response, Have never come across mature response like this..... Time to follow you here
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 26, 2017
Hi Sir Marvelife,
I humbly appreciate your kind words. My threads & posts aren't for the "faint-hearted"..so buckle up smiley
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by marvelife: 3:57pm On Feb 26, 2017
MZLady39:
Hi Sir Marvelife,
I humbly appreciate your kind words. My threads & posts aren't for the "faint-hearted"..so buckle up smiley
lol funny you..... Am a born soldier check my dp and see the face of a real warrior
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2017
Iast week I decided to throw out old stuffs I wouldn't be needing again since I just moved to a new location, then I saw my old secondary school bible, inside it was a prayer request with all I wrote inside answered even surpassing my expectations. Now there were times I beat my self over these things I was praying to achieve back then.
brethren ! God is good and his mercies endureth forever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by Martinez19(m): 7:18pm On Feb 26, 2017
Pidgin2:

So by your definition of the word 'charlatan' everyone (including your parents, grandparents, ancestors-spouse) in authority over you that doesn't give you whatever you request for is a charlatan?
No, don't see it the wrong way bro/girl.
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by kizking: 7:50pm On Feb 26, 2017
EternalTruth:
2014 - job
2015 - open doors cos things were rough
2016 - admission

None was provided and I felt so sad and depressed

when waiting for God to answer your prayer keep your eyes open both on him answering it cos you could need play an active role in it. and when he is not 'answering' ,you have to look around with your spirit cos he may working in a different area since you were not in line with will in prayer
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by kizking: 7:52pm On Feb 26, 2017
EternalTruth:
2014 - job
2015 - open doors cos things were rough
2016 - admission

None was provided and I felt so sad and depressed

when waiting for God to answer your prayer keep your eyes open both on him answering it cos you could need play an active role in it. and when he is not 'answering' ,you have to look around with your spirit cos he may working in a different area since you were not in line with (his) will in prayer
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 26, 2017
marvelife:
lol funny you..... Am a born soldier check my dp and see the face of a real warrior

Yes sir...I can see the warrior through and through...anybody that can't see that is truly blind!
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by NnaNna4(m): 1:06am On Feb 27, 2017
Pidgin2:

Is this romance section?

A word they say is enough for the wise.

Let two adults sort themselves out and leave us out of their details.
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by egesie(m): 10:32am On Apr 12, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:
Iast week I decided to throw out old stuffs I wouldn't be needing again since I just moved to a new location, then I saw my old secondary school bible, inside it was a prayer request with all I wrote inside answered even surpassing my expectations. Now there were times I beat my self over these things I was praying to achieve back then.
brethren ! God is good and his mercies endureth forever

God bless my cracked regular SF mentor!
Re: I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... by DeTherapist: 2:20pm On Apr 12, 2017
Martinez19:
God needs to change his ways. It is similar to the method of a charlatan. He should not be surprised if no one makes heaven.
Are you out of your mind .... Just because you think you know God doesn't mean you should say nonsense. ... ' God should change his ways ' .... Just like saying a programmer should change his ways because of a robot. .... Don't mistake Gods grace as a liberty to write rubbish about him ....don't mean to insult you , but its then love of God in me that is driving my fingers .... If you don't change your ways the hell is inescapable for you just as you expected

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scripture Based Teaching On Tithing By Dr Abel Damina / More Photos As Mummy G.O, Folu Adeboye Celebrated Her 71st Birthday Yesterday / Christianity And The Basic Bible Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.