Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,086 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye (35085 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Kisses His Wife, Folu (Throwback Photo) / Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by eph12(m): 10:15am On Feb 20, 2017
Adonis3:

Lol... Later followers Will come to say pastors don't use church money.

I say this church business na one of the most profitable ventures for Africa. cheesy

Wetin concern pastor with recession

#Adonis3HasSpoken

Shey you don't want profitable ventures too? Abi you're not in Africa ni? Go and become pastor too na since it's very profitable.

Common sense did not tell you that pastors are paid from offerings?
Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by kingphilip(m): 10:17am On Feb 20, 2017
Adonis3:

I say this church business na one of the most profitable ventures for Africa. cheesy

#Adonis3HasSpoken

I hope you read where he said into full time ministry

Those into full time ministry are paid from the church's purse or should de come meet you for payment??

1 Like

Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by kingphilip(m): 10:18am On Feb 20, 2017
eph12:

Shey you don't want profitable ventures too? Abi you're not in Africa ni? Go and become pastor too na since it's very profitable.

Common sense did not tell you that pastors are paid from offerings?
not all pastors that I know

Just those into full time
Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by Arerepatel: 10:24am On Feb 20, 2017
Ogbeche77:
Na Lie.. Fraud pastors won't stop deceiving their gullible sheep.. It is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind that these mega pastors are SCAMS.. They always need to ''drop quotes'' like this from time to time to appeal to the emotions of their sheep.. Oya drop more offering and tithes cheesy cheesy cheesy
Somebody shout halleluya wink wink
please watch the way u talk against men of God, because it is highly dangerous to malign men of God. God bless u...

1 Like

Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by Omonigeriarere: 10:29am On Feb 20, 2017
Adonis3:

#Adonis3HasSpoken

Go and organise your own: we will attend if it is well organised.

1 Like

Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by theway83: 10:32am On Feb 20, 2017
The Lord is your strength, sir.
Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by dabraska: 10:37am On Feb 20, 2017
DaySpringer:

The pastor is a worker in the house of the Lord, there are many other workers in the house of the Lord too.

Why didn't you quote the part of the bible where it was said that the tithe is for the Servants of the Lord?
If you work, don't they pay you? even if it is just small stipends for transportation to be coming to work everyday, it is necessary.

You people act like the people working for God are the undead and do not need small thing even if it is for transportation and for little feeding so that they can be encouraged.
Yes those people might not ask for it but as a man of God, you give the people that show dedication and spend their time making sure that the house of God is running and working something.
Do you people expect God to drop money straight from heaven?

Are you God to be determining what is Sacred and what is not?
If God determines that his "Sacred" funds which he does not need by the way is to be used for his dedicated servants when who are you to be "Quoting" his word for him?

Mtchewww Nonsense Critics

When God calls you, he provides how you'll survive. Unless you call yourself, then you look for means to survive. When Noah was called to build an ark, he didn't need to source for animals to enter the ark. They came in pairs. When the multitude were fed, God multiplied the food.

So when you try to analyse how offerings and tithes should be shared rationally, it kinda feels like He's not there. Don't insult God.
Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by seun1960(m): 10:38am On Feb 20, 2017
You may have wealth that you dont have aşset to...08078011943 or 08179873256

Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by egbetokuns(m): 10:42am On Feb 20, 2017
AdonaiRoofing:
Sure, we know that sir

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance etc

2 Days Profitable Pig farm Training

The popular TV and YouTube Piggery Academy Trainer - Mr Yemi Adesina will be giving a 2 day pig training titled "Profitable Commercial Pig Farming" The training will be handled by Mr Yemi Adesina himself and his operation manager and you will also have opportunity to have a 20 minutes one to one session with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7je1-kMzpQ
If you are new to pig farming and would like to know how to start a successful pig farm Or you are already a pig farmer but you would like to turn pig farming into a full time business – commercial pig farming, this is a golden opportunity for you.

Mr Yemi Adesina’s video has been watched by more than 650,000 people in over 40 countries and he has featured in many TV programmes on pig production in Nigeria.

Profitable pig farming -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eNxbbTQJpY&t=734s
www.youtube.com
Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by DaySpringer: 10:47am On Feb 20, 2017
dabraska:

When God calls you, he provides how you'll survive. Unless you call yourself, then you look for means to survive. When Noah was called to build an ark, he didn't need to source for animals to enter the ark. They came in pairs. When the multitude were fed, God multiplied the food.

So when you try to analyse how offerings and tithes should be shared rationally, it kinda feels like He's not there. Don't insult God.

Did the animals fall from heaven?
Did the wood that Noah used to build the ark fall from heaven?
Heck why didn't God just supply the ark, why did noah have to build it?

When the multitude were fed... Did Jesus bring the food from thin air?
Did the food drop from heaven?
Someone brought the food Elijah and the woman

You're the one trying to make it seem like God cannot use ordinary ways to manifest himself.
God will provide and enlarge the coast of all those that serve him but in the mean time if the Pastor decides to appreciate them then What is bad there? I have seen situations where the people come to church and they don't have transport to go home, but they made sure they were in church and the pastor gives them transport to go home, with that they are encouraged to come and not worry about money as long as they come to the house of God.
Is God not the one enriching the members to be able to pay tithe? Is he not the one making sure that members keep flowing in and that those members are blessed enough to keep giving tithe?

What do you mean by he will provide the means to survive? it seems like you already have the ways that he can provide the means and the ways that he cannot. You're the one limiting God with your mentality. Having strick ideas about How God helps people and how he does not.

Don't Insult God.

1 Like

Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by jessica042: 10:49am On Feb 20, 2017
but he never said he was richer than rccg na...op u sef
Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by waltinnovers: 10:51am On Feb 20, 2017
It is a pity that some people don't read and get understanding. Pastor said that he was richer than RCCG when he was newly called by God as a full time Pastor. If you don't know, RCCG of about 30 years ago is not off RCCG now. That is why he was afraid leaving his profession that pays him salary that is richer than the church total income, how can I survive? I know that this is exactly the question he asked God and God assured him that He will be with him.
He exercised the faith and God proved Himself. Don't comment nonsense

quote author=JamieNaij post=53879196]

http://www.jamienaija.com/2017/02/i-was-richer-than-rccg-as-lecturer.html?m=1

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by blesoh(f): 10:55am On Feb 20, 2017
darocha1:
Lol. This OP just wants to create controversy for lazy people who don't read
I don't know what he wants to achieve with this misleading topic
Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by Ajsmart(m): 10:57am On Feb 20, 2017
Now he's accumulated more wealth than necessary.
Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by anonimi: 11:00am On Feb 20, 2017
rectitude:
I respect you Sir, remember that back then, pastors were like the least financially bouyant figures. But all that has changed, the church of Jesus Christ has come a long way. And it's on it's way to the permanent site.

Since when did the success of the church of Jesus Christ is measured by financial success
Is it not the same Jesus Christ who rode a donkey into Jerusalem when there were chariots long before then?
Is it not the same Jesus Christ who was born in a shed with goats and sheep?
Many are not even Christians to start with but parading themselves as church leaders looters.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 20, 2017
denitro:

I dont get it when Pastor refer to tithe money as their income. This funds are sacred and cannot be shared among some 39 people.
Alot of pastor at the last day will ask Christ, did we not prophesy and do miracles in your name.
Remember Matthew 7:22-23 (Many people will be shocked on that day)

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

You don't know what you are saying. He who works in the vineyard must eat of the vineyard. Go read Gal 6:6 for clarity. If you are not happy about it pls stop paying your tithe

1 Like

Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by eph12(m): 11:24am On Feb 20, 2017
kingphilip:
not all pastors that I know

Just those into full time
Yes only full time which is normal. Abi how are they supposed to fend for their families if they don't pay them and if not offering where else will the money come from?
Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by crown08(m): 11:30am On Feb 20, 2017
Keep Lying

1 Like

Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 20, 2017
What lies he choose to tell.

1 Like

Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by bamisepeters(m): 11:56am On Feb 20, 2017
Ovokoo:
What he means is that he was richer then but not now oo.
No o, he was richer as lecturer before he became full time pastor, he isn't referring to now as we know he is super rich now even more than when he was a lecturer,if you read the full article you will overstand.
Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by anonimi: 11:56am On Feb 20, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
Scammer alert

Big scammer.

collins011:
ADEBOYE, REDEEM CHURCH LEADER IN N20 BILLION IMPORT WAIVER SCANDAL

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye has been linked to a scandalous import duty waiver said to have cost Nigeria a whooping N20 Billion in revenue loss between 2006 and 2007.

A Fiscal Commission source in Abuja preferring anonymity told Pointblanknews.com during the week that pastor Adeboye, tapping into his well-known ties with former President Olusegun Obasanjo benefited from the shady import duty waiver in which Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Chief Mike Adenuga, Alhaji Saminu Turaki, Mr. Donald Duke and others were prime beneficiaries.

According to the impeccable source, the duty waiver granted Adeboye was said to have been used “dishonestly” by the church to import luxury Sport Utility Van, SUV (usually called Jeep in Nigeria), building materials and Digital Recording equipment some of which were said to belong to top members of the church both within Nigeria and abroad. In other words, the source surmised that Adeboye used his high level connections to “aid and abate” his church members to defraud the nation by not paying the requisite importation fees.

The source said that many of the RCCG’s faithful in Nigeria and abroad had celebrated the “unlawful act” as a “testimony to the goodness of the lord.” It was said that a Pastor Ghandi of the Jesus House, RCCG in Washington DC where the late first lady Mrs. Stella Obasanjo used to worship whenever she was in the United State, was a facilitator of the deal.

Many of the luxury cars that were said to have been imported through the deal were not meant for private use. They were said to have been sold at several car dealerships across the country. The source explained to pointblanknews.com that even if the items were not traded, it was unheard of that “people would import duty-free luxury items into any country.”

The official did not rule out the possibility of a thorough investigation of the deal which he said could make Adeboye to pay and possibly face charges.

A document made available to pointblanknews.com indicated that in 2006, RCCG got an import waiver of N9,831,109,309.00 through certificate no.,BO/REV/12235/S.2/T.133 to import construction materials; generators and vehicles. The value of the imports was N49,155,546,846.00.

In 2007, another import waiver was granted. This time through a certificate number BO/R10260/V111/161, RCCG was granted rights to import building/construction materials with value put at N48,988,454,876.00 with a total waiver of N9,757,690.975.20. The two waivers total N19,588,800,284,20, while the bulk transactions amount to N98,144,347,130.20.

Also 300 luxury cars with value put at $6,923,000, 100 Jeeps (SUV) valued at $8,000,000, Video Equipment valued at $12,000,000.00, were all part of the shady import deals.

It would be recalled that the comptroller General of Nigerian Customs Services, Mr. Jacob Gyang Buba had been investigated by the independent Corrupt Practices Commission, ICPC in connection with an annual loss of N50 Billion in respect of the importation tariff waiver introduced by the Government of President Olusegun Obasanjo.

The spiritual depth of some practices of the RCCG has been subject of concern amongst growing conservative Christian worshippers. Adeboye is often criticized for being interested in quantity and not quality. He is said to have broken his church to model parishes were prosperity theology is often preached. The other class of followership is usually called Redeemed Classical. They are more mortified and often completely scriptural. Apart from Adeboye’s too cozy with the high and mighty elite, he was said to have given tacit blessing to ex-president Obasanjo’s third-term Presidential dream that was truncated with sudden humiliation.

1 Like

Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by eph12(m): 11:57am On Feb 20, 2017
Maximus85:
God called you sir. And he also told you to allow corrupt politicians climb your pulpit, abi?
He is not a judge to determine if one is guilty of corruption or not.

If you look at it sef Jesus was found more among the publicans
Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 20, 2017
AMEN
Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by anonimi: 12:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
Felixtuta:
That is a man of God. Now the money has come, the foolish wants him out...

Ride on Papa...God is not a child.

Are you a Christian i.e. a follower of Christ in words and works
When was the last time that you read and studied the Bible on your own?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4155194_religionquote_jpeg51ef818e81f851e5958395931ebafe6f

2 Likes

Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by eph12(m): 12:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
denitro:

I dont get it when Pastor refer to tithe money as their income. This funds are sacred and cannot be shared among some 39 people.
Alot of pastor at the last day will ask Christ, did we not prophesy and do miracles in your name.
Remember Matthew 7:22-23 (Many people will be shocked on that day)

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Heard of offering before? What should tithe be used for exactly? And how are full time ministers supposed to take care of their families?
Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by anonimi: 12:04pm On Feb 20, 2017
eph12:
He is not a judge to determine if one is guilty of corruption or not.

If you look at it sef Jesus was found more among the publicans

...........but he is "a judge to determine if one is guilty of" witchcraft and blocking another person's progress or not, abi

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160988_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2594708_2015070614_49_24_jpeg729d77cc44780fac0baef3b112466d22

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by laginks: 12:19pm On Feb 20, 2017
my friend the topic of your post is misleading... and i know you intensionally made it so, to generate traffic...
please try and be truthful next time.,....
JamieNaij:

http://www.jamienaija.com/2017/02/i-was-richer-than-rccg-as-lecturer.html?m=1

Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by abbeyty(m): 12:37pm On Feb 20, 2017
40 days fasting and prayer ? na we kill Jesus. i dont think those that killed him fast reach that level...naija i bow
Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by anonimi: 12:40pm On Feb 20, 2017
eph12:
Heard of offering before? What should tithe be used for exactly? And how are full time ministers supposed to take care of their families?

Find your answer in God's Word below:

22 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.

23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee:

25 Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose:

26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

27 And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee.

28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:

29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest

From: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+14

Any more question?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3387272_cdatausersdefappsappdatainternetexplorertempsavedimages944034101539392828963508174362134222353068n_jpeg9f14d18b22820e8aa84a71659b27ff28

1 Like

Re: I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye by anonimi: 12:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
bamisepeters:
No o, he was richer as lecturer before he became full time pastor, he isn't referring to now as we know he is super rich now even more than when he was a lecturer,if you read the full article you will overstand.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3473612_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2967346_yeseerah20150103211804_jpeg6054260284f4723a25917885235ebf90

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Kicks Over Mbaka's Transfers / Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. / Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.