Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,811 members, 7,824,375 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Brake Failure: These Are What To Do When You Have One - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Brake Failure: These Are What To Do When You Have One (21694 Views)

Brake Failure Accident Is Dreadful!!! Top Secret To Avoid It "Exposed" / This Device Can Save You From Brake Failure. / Symptoms Of Bad Or Failing Brake Pads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Brake Failure: These Are What To Do When You Have One by 3kay945(m): 11:13pm On Feb 21, 2017
corpROYAL:
It happen to me more than two times, first l was confuse because it is auto transmission. I called Jesus and my spirit said l should pump my brake which later catch but l was in close range to another car l manage to dodge to safe the car in my front. That was how l escaped. The second l l keep pumping but l was not at tge speed. If you notice your brake is failing ensure you keep gap in your front to the next car at least if the car in your front match brake then you will be able to keep pumping and have solution, moreakso dont speed to much so as yo be able to control and compose your self in case of emergency.

The last one it wihin an estate k didnt know my brake fluid has leak and dry up so l am about approach a junction l match the brake once not catch twice not catch l called Jesus then, l relax, manage to control my hand and l stop matching tutle, l put the gear to neutral it moving then l off the car the acceleration reduce to like 40 speed to l put it on park. That was how l escape.

My advise, dont put it on park gear on speed the car can tumble, let it be on at least 40 before park gear can apply.
You can off your engine.
Be compose and put on your traficator to alert people coming behind.

We are all exempted from acciend in Jesus Name, Amen.

Thanks, have been wondering why neutral and not Park to stop.
Re: Brake Failure: These Are What To Do When You Have One by Ajsmart(m): 4:35am On Feb 24, 2017
mclaaro:
My second day of driving all alone. On getting to maryland immediately after the traffic light I realize my brake is not sensitive,i was scared n I needed it that moment a danfo was turning ahead of me and the lane he is turnin to was blocked God so good he was able to turn befr I got to that particular junction,all effort was made to stop the car i but couldn't was confused don't kno wat to do,i kept goin without d gas pedal I got to oba akran traffic light God so good the brake responded I was in d traafic light wen a marwa driver came down frm is marwa to tel me smoke was comin out around my back tire,i wanted to off d engine n rush out askin him wat can I do, he said madam be calm is ur handbrake, release it sadI drove all d way frm surulere with my handbrake uptight, I did that n wen we left the traffic light I realise my brake pad was still soft n not responding but after movin abit more it became hard n responding, that was how I made it home. If I had knew abt dashboard light would v seen d warnin light n release the brake,ever after I check d dashboard lights at intervals. Na so God save me oo,

Wow. I thank God for your life. I don't wanna imagine the mental stress and fear you experienced through that ordeal.
I'd give you a hug now if I saw you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC / Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration / How To Determine The Age Of A Car Tire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.