Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Anambra: Candidates’ List Out. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: Candidates’ List Out. (1701 Views)

At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay / Inec Guber Candidates List / Full Ministerial List Out! Twelve Women Make List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra: Candidates’ List Out. by jona2: 11:33pm On Dec 09, 2009
[b]Headlines Dec 9, 2009
By Vincent Ujumadu
AWKA— Chairman of  Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Maurice Iwu said yesterday it is unlawful for political parties that do not have candidates to campaign, just as the commission released names of 24 governorship candidates and their deputies for the next February governorship election in Anambra State, with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) not fielding any candidate.
Also, the governorship candidate of  Labour Party (LP), Dr. Andy Uba, has signed an agreement with the party that he will not decamp to the PDP if he wins the election.

Prof. Iwu said at a stakeholders’ forum with the governorship candidates in Awka yesterday that the commission had made available N6 million to each of the political parties to enable them prepare for the election, adding that “it is unlawful for political parties that do not have candidates to campaign for the election.”

He also stated that where there is a leadership dispute in any political party at the state level, the commission would refer the matter to the national headquarters of the party to decide who INEC should deal with.

He urged the people of Anambra State to realize that the whole world has focused attention on the state, stressing that “if we get it right in Anambra in 2010, we will get it right in the general elections of 2011”.

The candidates’ list signed by the outgoing Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) for the state, Chief Rowland Uwa showed “Subject to Court Litigation” against the column for PDP candidate.

New names into the list were Dr. Emmanuel Andy Uba for the Labour Party, Kenneth Chukwuemeka for Congress for Democratic Change (CDC) and Prince Nocholas Ukachukwu for Hope Democratic Party (HDP). While Uba and Ukachukwu were before the latest development, members of the PDP, Chukwuemeka participated in the primaries for the Progressives Peoples Alliance (PPA).

Also, the name of the incumbent governor, Mr. Peter Obi appeared for the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) contrary to speculations that the Chekwas Okorie group in the party had substituted his name. Other changes included that of Arch Mike Nwafor who changed from the Republican Party of Nigeria (RPN) to ALP.

There were two women in the contest namely, Mrs. Uche Ekwunife for the PPA and Njideka Anyadike for the Nigeria Advance Party (NAP). Some of the candidates also changed their deputies just before the INEC deadline.

Dr. Uba met top officials of LP at its national headquarters in Abuja on Monday where he was compelled to sign an agreement that he will not use the party as a platform to achieve his aim of ruling Anambra state and then decamp to his former party like Governor Ikedi Ohakim who left the Progressive People’s Alliance (PPA) after winning elections under its platform.

Those cleared for Anambra polls
AC
Chris  Ngige
Dep.—Phil Obiora Agbase
lp
Andy Uba
Dep. Ndife Edwin
APGA
Peter Obi

Dep—Emeka Ndubuisi
ALP
Mike Nwafor
Dep. C. Omeruzor (Mrs)
ANPP
Mike Nnamdi Ejezie
Dep. George Okwudili
ADC
Ralph Okey Nwosu
Dep. Emmanuel Odunze
NBP
Ndubuisi Godfrey
Dep. F. Chinyere Obiakor
NNPP
Ogochukwu Egolum
Dep. Dozie J. Chukwuma
UNPP
Okolie C. Nwachukwu
Dep.Nosike J. Chukwu
NMPP
George Ike Okoye
Dep. Paul. Onyejuye
NAP
Mrs Njideka Anyadike
Dep. Arthur Obi Okonji
HDP
Nicolas Ukachukwu
Dep. Mike Okoye
PPN
Arc. Geofrey Onyejebu
Dep. Okeke Nnodu Cyril
CDC
Chukwuemeka Kenneth
Dep. Joy Nwosu
UDP
Godson Ohajem Okoye
Dep. Okechukwu Chinelu
ARP
Emmanuel Nwalunor
Dep. Ezeife Chuks Uche
PMP
Eugine Ezekweze
Dep. Ibeleme Chizoba
RNP
Benjamin Obidigbo
Dep. J. Jonathan Emejue
BNPP
Onunuchi Valentine
Dep. Nwankwo T. Benson
NPP
Kenneth Nwoba
Dep. John C. Odenigbo
NMDP
Christopher Ikwegbu
Dep. Emeka Harold Amobi
PPA
Hon. Uche Ekwunife
Dep. Dr Mike Aradiuno
CPP
Egono Richmond Olisa
Dep. E. Christian Ndidi
NSBP
Victor Anigbasa
Dep.Christopher Uchenna
PDP
Subject To Court
Litigation[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/12/09/anambra-candidates-list-out/
Re: Anambra: Candidates’ List Out. by mamagee3(f): 3:00am On Dec 10, 2009
Who are all these people? undecided
Re: Anambra: Candidates’ List Out. by CarlosVent(m): 7:24am On Dec 10, 2009
They are the men that wants to rule us.

We only know that Ngige is the man.

Others should come lets show them pepper.
Re: Anambra: Candidates’ List Out. by puskin: 10:06am On Dec 10, 2009
WOW. See names.
Anambra is in serious trouble. I weep for the state.
Re: Anambra: Candidates’ List Out. by chosen04(f): 10:14am On Dec 10, 2009
*jona:

PDP
Subject To Court
Litigation[/b]

What will JESUS SAY?

puskin:

WOW. See names.
Anambra is in serious trouble. I weep for the state.

BACK TO SENDER!

CarlosVent:

We only know that Ngige is the man.

You can say that AGAIN.
Re: Anambra: Candidates’ List Out. by metalgong5(m): 11:55am On Dec 10, 2009
The real Winner is yet to be included in the list.

Cee Cee Soludo is the Solution!!
Re: Anambra: Candidates’ List Out. by grafikdon: 12:15pm On Dec 10, 2009
When did all these cockroach parties spring up? Apart from from Ngige, Obi and maybe Soludo (assuming PDP settles their drama), the rest are a bunch of meddlesome interlopers and they know it.

I can see Andy Uba's desperation but since he is a reprehensible slowpoke, he will never be able to comprehend that even if he joins JDP (Jesus Democratic Party ) he will be blown away like a pack of cards in a hurricane.

Never mind the Uba repulsive rented crowd or (in a certain Nairalander's term) "arrrss lickers", we will always have them, like the fly that perched on the testicles.
Re: Anambra: Candidates’ List Out. by netotse(m): 12:18pm On Dec 10, 2009
metal-gong:

The real Winner is yet to be included in the list.

Cee Cee Soludo is the Solution!!

let him solve his own problems first!
Re: Anambra: Candidates’ List Out. by Grizzly(m): 12:44pm On Dec 10, 2009
CPP
NSDP
NRC
APPA
ABCDP lmao!  grin grin grin
Re: Anambra: Candidates’ List Out. by metalgong5(m): 1:48pm On Dec 10, 2009
netotse:

let him solve his own problems first!
Are you his problem? . . . . .Soludo is just being delayed but he will surely have the last laugh.
Re: Anambra: Candidates’ List Out. by netotse(m): 1:56pm On Dec 10, 2009
metal-gong:

Are you his problem? . . . . .Soludo is just being delayed but he will surely have the last laugh.
trust me. . .soludo cant afford to have problems like me. . .lol
Re: Anambra: Candidates’ List Out. by 1luvkipsus: 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2009
What gladdens my heart mostly is the fact dat Soludo didnt make the list.This man who I adored & admired so much while @ CBN,allowed his reputation 2 be smeared by some gullible persons,& I'm no longer pleased in him.I pray the court doesnt favor him.
Re: Anambra: Candidates’ List Out. by paddylo1(m): 2:31pm On Dec 10, 2009
these people are making a joke out of democracy and turning anambra state into a laughing stock. . .

is this how my igbo ppl want to rule nigeria in 2015?

how come all these jokers cant back off and support one or 2 credible people for the post. . .

i hope Soludo wins the election and becomes candidate for president in 2015

the rest of these clowns,can go back to the circus that is their lives
angry
Re: Anambra: Candidates’ List Out. by banom(m): 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2009
Worthless List,

We know the man,

We know our Game Plan.

PDP = Power To The People of Anambra State through the Global Standard Scholarly  Icon , Prof Chukwuma Soludo ( Follow Peace not worthless list of worthless candidates)

(1) (Reply)

Can Jonathan talk to the dead .how Can 99% Of Obasanjo Dead Friends Help Him Win / Can Pdp Survive Cpc’s Onslaught In Nasarawa? / Occupy Nigeria Protest : Akure Ondo State Protest (pics And Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.