Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:10 AM

Another Federal Lawmaker Defects To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Federal Lawmaker Defects To APC (619 Views)

APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead / Senator Shehu Sani Defects To SDP - Independent.ng / Sullivan Chime Defects To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Federal Lawmaker Defects To APC by masterpiece86: 7:48pm On Feb 21, 2017
Emmanuel Ukoette, a member of the Federal House of Representatives, has defected from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to the All Progressives Congress, APC.
Mr. Ukoette, who represents Oruk Anam/Ukanafun Federal Constituency, Akwa Ibom State, won election to the House under the platform of the PDP.
The federal lawmaker announced his defection, Monday, in a letter he wrote to Gideon Samani, the Senior Special Assistant on Political Matters to President Muhammadu Buhari.
He said in the letter that he was leaving the party because of “the rudderless nature of the (party) leadership”.
The PDP has been thrown into a protracted leadership crisis after the party lost the 2015 presidential election to the APC. The party has two separate factions laying claim to the position of its national chairman.
A factional leader of the party, Ali Modu Sheriff, last week secured a victory at the Court of Appeal, Port Harcourt, which declared him the authentic chairman.
Ahmed Makarfi and his faction have rejected the judgment and have indicated their intention to head to the Supreme Court.
Mr. Ukoette’s defection is coming 32 days after a PDP senator, Nelson Effiong, also from the state, defected to the APC on January 19.
Mr. Effiong had hinted that more senators would be leaving the PDP.
Mr. Ukoette told PREMIUM TIMES that besides the “animosity” within the PDP, there was so much uncertainty about the future of the party.
He also said that he and his federal constituency have been marginalized in the state.
“The sharing formula of the dividends of democracy in the PDP has been faulty, and I have made persistent complaints about this without redress.
“I feel that to key my people into the mainstream of national development, my movement to the APC is inevitable.
“I am also seeing a situation whereby I will team up with other progressives to salvage Akwa Ibom from the grip of a certain few hawks who have formed an oligarchy in order to enslave and perpetually keep Akwa Ibom in a state of ruin,” he said.
The lawmaker said it was erroneous to think that the PDP is in control of Akwa Ibom State.
“I want to tell you that come 2019, the APC shall win Akwa Ibom. I want it to be on record that I said it,” he said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/224143-another-federal-lawmaker-defects-apc.html
Re: Another Federal Lawmaker Defects To APC by immaculatengang(f): 8:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
Its another one. Patiently waiting for house minority leader to ask dogara to declear his seat vacant. Bunch of clowns undecided
Re: Another Federal Lawmaker Defects To APC by SadiqElhussain: 8:19pm On Feb 21, 2017
[b][/b] This Political drama done do me
Re: Another Federal Lawmaker Defects To APC by adem30: 8:32pm On Feb 21, 2017
Wailers are in serious trouble
Re: Another Federal Lawmaker Defects To APC by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 21, 2017
Nigeria has no visionary politician. No sense in all their movements upandan. well I wish him goodluck as he has moved on.

But PDP are helping APC gain more ground in every state due to this struggle of leadership within their fold.

If only they know what they are doing with this infighting.
Let fayose and wike relax their ego, let markafi reduce his sight for now and let even the sherrif bend so that they can be formidable cause with the way things are going, 2019 will be funny cause APC will also have their own wahala. May be there will be no election. just saying though.
Re: Another Federal Lawmaker Defects To APC by sarrki(m): 8:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
God @ work

(1) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Did Not Get A Degree From Harvard - Report / PHOTO: Residents Protest Against Power Shortage In Agege, Lagos / Breaking News: EFCC Again Uncovers Raps Of Money Hidden In Ikoyi, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.