Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,819 members, 7,844,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Help!pimple Solution Needed Desperately! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Help!pimple Solution Needed Desperately! (3199 Views)

Please How Can I Get Rid Of Pimple? / Pimple On My Face. / How Do One Maintain A Face With Pimple -The Nigeria Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!pimple Solution Needed Desperately! by Mimicole(f): 7:44am On Dec 10, 2009
Have hardly experienced pimple except scantily during adolescence. But i suddenly started developing them immediately after childbirth, and they've stayed put, despite antiseptic soaps n exfoliating facial creams. Help pls pple!
Re: Help!pimple Solution Needed Desperately! by palebobe(f): 10:46am On Dec 14, 2009
I wuld recommend VAYA SMOOTH for you. It worked for me. Its highly effective. It goes for 500-600 depending on the drugstore u visit. Goodluck.
Re: Help!pimple Solution Needed Desperately! by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 14, 2009
It could be your hormones running wild, go and see your dermatologist, ask for birth control pills that regulate hormones. Alternatively you can ask for antibiotics and topicals.
Re: Help!pimple Solution Needed Desperately! by skipo87(m): 9:22pm On Dec 14, 2009
me, i am not a big fan of using chemicals all over ur face,
um, le me suggest u washing ur face regularly, as often as anytime u think of it. give it a try and get back
Re: Help!pimple Solution Needed Desperately! by Outstrip(f): 3:31am On Dec 15, 2009
How old is the baby? Are you still breastfeeding? This is most likely your hormones. Be careful what you use though because a lot of things can be excreted into breast milk and might be dangerous for the baby.
Re: Help!pimple Solution Needed Desperately! by Outstrip(f): 3:32am On Dec 15, 2009
Acne Breakouts after a Women Has Had a Baby Is Often Quite Common And Indicates Hormonal Fluctuation
Atlanta, Georgia, 11/30/2007 – Department of Research Writing at Acne Clear Up reveals that postpartum or postnatal acne is quite common due to hormonal fluctuation. Sebaceous glands produce sebum for lubrication of hair follicles and works as antibacterial agent, but they are susceptible to fluctuating hormones and triggered to produce excessive sebum. The uncontrolled production of sebum leads to acne small bumps that form into pimples, papules and pustules.

Most women are very concerned after postpartum acne and rush to use harsh chemical products that further aggravates the symptoms. These products not only damage your skin, but also they can harm your baby too in that the chemicals may transfer through breastfeeding. Therefore, be aware of the synthetic chemical products.

There is no magic treatment, but herbal remedies are quite safe and effective. You can use herbal remedies topically twice or thrice a day to rejuvenate your skin. In conjunction with herbal remedies, eat balanced diet and do include fruits and vegetables in your diet.
Although herbal remedies are safe, do not use it unless you consult with doctor and ask possible side effects to you and your baby.

http://www.prlog.org/10041253-postnatal-acne-breakouts-are-common.html
Re: Help!pimple Solution Needed Desperately! by Akebulan: 3:35am On Dec 15, 2009
I agree with Ebonyeyes, go see your dermatologist. Save yourself the stress. While at the dermatologist, ask about "Isotretinoin" or "Vitamin A topical". Those are really effective and they cost far less than a fortune.
Re: Help!pimple Solution Needed Desperately! by Riskie(f): 4:47am On Dec 15, 2009
Dermatologists are not always the answer. I had a bout with acne a while back and went to see one. I wasted so much money and the things she prescribed only made it worse. I did some research and found things that actually work. First I suggest u use a cleanser or bar soap that contains salicylic acid, as well as and alcohol and oil free toner and an oil free moisturizer. People with acne tend to skip moisturizers thinking that they will make the skin worse. But even acne prone oily skin needs moisturizer. Without one ur skin will think it lacks oils and will go into overdrive causing excess oil and thus acne. Wash ur face twice a day and drink plenty water and have fresh fruits and vegetables as part of ur daily diet. If u are black, I suggest u avoid products with benzyl peroxide such as Proactive as they can make the situation worse. Also during the time u are using salicylic acid products I would advise u not to use exfoliators. If u must use one, do choose one that is very mild and does not contain large exfoliating beads that can irritate and pop pimples thereby speading th germs and pus in them. I hope this helps.
Re: Help!pimple Solution Needed Desperately! by Nobody: 6:53am On Dec 16, 2009
pimples are hard to get rid of.

eat lots of fruit, drink water and keep your face and scalp clean.
Re: Help!pimple Solution Needed Desperately! by Mimicole(f): 5:00pm On Dec 17, 2009
Thanks girls. I wash my face regularly, and i've taken note of all ur suggestions. My baby is almost 5months n i stil breastfeed, so d hormone gist mit actually be correct. I'll see a dermatologist. Thanks y'all

(1) (Reply)

Download Video: How To Tie Ankara Gele / Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared / Recommend A Good Bathing Soap For Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.