Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? (2706 Views)

Six PDP And Two APC Senators Lose Their Seats In The Senate / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by awolumate(m): 11:06am On Jan 18, 2007
Dear Nairalanders,
   What do you think of this?A lebanese as your Senator, This guy is a Pdp aspirant in Jigawa. lipsrsealed
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2007/jan/18/newsbreak-18-01-2007-001.htm

for those who have experienced working in a lebanese company.You know too well.
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by LoverBwoy(m): 2:52pm On Jan 18, 2007
Born September 25, 1961 in Nigeria, Abbas attended BirninKudu Central Primary School, 1967-1972; Government Secondary School, (Now Government College) BirninKudu 1972-1977; Kaduna Polytechnic 1977-1980; Kaduna Polytechnic 1980-1982 (HND). He eventually went for his NYSC programme in Calabar, Cross River State in 1982/1983. He also holds computer certificate of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi.

I wonder if anyone can check up on these certificates and his NYSC programme. hmm
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by azorjiu(m): 5:06pm On Jan 18, 2007
The guy in question is no less a nigerian than you and me. He is qualified just like every other nigerian to run for senate. I don't know the big deal about that all the same.
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by LoverBwoy(m): 5:44pm On Jan 18, 2007
are u qualified to run for senate in lagos state?
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 18, 2007
Nope. . .I'm not qualified to run for anything in Sokoto State even though I was born there, how funny a Lebanese is qualified to run in Jigawa state? undecided
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by McKren(m): 6:34pm On Jan 18, 2007
Please there is a difference between being qualified and being accepted
Though he may not win but I think he is qualified to partake in elections. I think his candidature will raise issues on aspects of our constitution that needs addressing. people born in other parts of the country other than their tribe should be allowed to take part in election. That will help bridge this ethnicity and problems of power shift witnessed in Nigeria.

Besides that think of someone being a governor in a state different from his tribe, he will want to impress the people so as to be accepted and by that Nigeria may grow.

If the guy actually did NYSC he should be allowed to take part in elections, why not.
After all During the last general elections in UK a guy with yoruba name ran for MP under the conservative party.
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by docokwy(m): 7:27pm On Jan 18, 2007
You do not require an NYSC to contest elections in Nigeria. Being a graduate is just an added boost and is by no means a requirement. Read your constitution again. If the lebanese guy is a Nigerian, then he is welcome to contest. Variety is the flavour. However, the last time I checked, qualification is not synonymous with acceptance.
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by McKren(m): 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2007
Was not suggesting NYSC is a requirement.
I am only saying if he actually did NYSC in 1982/83 after graduating then he is a Nigerian at heart.

Meanwhile mind you, if you are actually a higher institution graduate and did not serve and yet was not exempted from service as a result of age or otherwise then you may not take part in elections.
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by BigB11(m): 8:22pm On Jan 18, 2007
Definitely you do not require any NYSC to contest

The guy was born in Nigeria, what else do you want?

Nigerians are not bold enough to withstand the pressure at home and yet they still want to interfere with day to day activities from far away from home.
You can't be chasing 2 rats at the same time and expect to win. It's either you here in Nigeria or you there in another country.
But I can guarantee you that expect to see more Nigerian born foreigners contesting for office in Nigeria.

If you guys continue to run around the world ignoring to come back home, pretty soon an Indian man will be contesting for the presidential election in Nigeria.
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by docokwy(m): 8:26pm On Jan 18, 2007
If you must not be a graduate to contest, then having or not having an NYSC becomes irrelevant. This is commonsensical. You could have a PhD and not present it, if it will not contribute to your electoral victory. Abi? Majority of the political leaders in the north are less than OND holders. However if your opponents are also supergraduates, wherein educational attainment  becomes an important factor, then your BSC, MSC and PhD as well as NYSC becomes relevant
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 18, 2007
If a Nigerian naturalised US citizen can win mayoral elections in the US, what is wrong in a lebanese aspiring to the senate?
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by LoverBwoy(m): 10:11pm On Jan 18, 2007
if a sokoto born southerner cant contest for senate or any other position in sokoto then theres something wrong with a lebanese person ,

emeka went to his village in nigeria with his oyinbo friend, oyinbo got a chieftancy title emeka jsut dey for corner-and thats just for a 1 week holiday grin
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by awolumate(m): 10:55pm On Jan 18, 2007
Advice to all nigerians in diaspora,before lebanese,chinese,indians and filipinos begin rule us .We better bone this siddon look and partake in our nation building i.e if this People Destroying People (PDP) go allow us. lipsrsealed
   It would be a disaster to hear that a Chinese is my own Senator in the house of assemply grin, Senator Wen Lee. cheesy  eh eh
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by LoverBwoy(m): 11:49pm On Jan 18, 2007
there are about 140million nigerians in nigeria, are you saying they are not good enough?
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by NINETOFIVE(m): 12:07am On Jan 19, 2007
The guy is a Nigerian, what more do you need.
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by LoverBwoy(m): 12:12am On Jan 19, 2007
we neeed  nigerians who are born anywhere to be able to contest for a seat anywhere they like just like this nigerian-lebanese. simple
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by lewa(m): 10:54pm On Jan 19, 2007
I know this may not go down well with some, i tend to relate with the "expatriate" Nigerians-ie Lebanese, Indians, Syrians and Egyptians with long forks!Don't trust 'em!Have you done business with 'em before?Or worked with/for them?You don't know!
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by Seun(m): 9:27am On Mar 27, 2007
That some Lebanese companies treat workers badly doesn't mean all their children are bad!
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by donnymikky(m): 10:09am On Mar 27, 2007
Engr. Abbas is qualified to contest elections in Nigeria in as much as he is a Nigerian by Naturalisation. No big deal about that.
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by Blesscy(m): 10:34am On Mar 27, 2007
Just 2 throw more light.You might not really understand what it means to have an SS carrier as a child.I have even seen a case where a child was accusing his parents 4 bringing him to this world.It is a horrible sight to behold.
I beg you by the mercies of God DO NOT EVEN THINK OF IT.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by Razorr(f): 10:59am On Mar 27, 2007
A Lebanese in naija politics. Now I'm having a good laugh. He would not get up to 500 votes. grin grin
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by 9ja4eva: 8:19pm On Mar 27, 2007
Huh poor him.Hope he really makes history.Lebanese people contribute to our problems.They are d biggest crooks living.
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by sisimose(f): 8:21pm On Mar 27, 2007
9ja4eva
you get a kiss for that. biggest crooks indeed.
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by 9ja4eva: 8:23pm On Mar 27, 2007
LOL abi oh.Na dem b d real 419 for 9ja.
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by sisimose(f): 8:27pm On Mar 27, 2007
the guy is moving on to greener pastures and a fatter bank balance nothing to do with caring for what happens to Nigerians, anyway he wont be short of friends and like minded fraudsters, contract kings etc. grin
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by 9ja4eva: 8:28pm On Mar 27, 2007
Exactly bt one thing is dt he might nt win.
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by sisimose(f): 8:32pm On Mar 27, 2007
of course he will loose lol. Seriously Nigerians are cool ooh. Go see what they do to Nigerians over in their country. Anyway sha God dey smiley
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by 9ja4eva: 8:37pm On Mar 27, 2007
Abi oh.Maybe Yar Adua shld go and contest in their Country too.What do u tink?Well 9jerians in deir Country gat no choice bt honestly wetin i dey go find for Lebanon when Sudan dey?lol
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by sisimose(f): 8:41pm On Mar 27, 2007
hehehehe . one of my uncles, well my pop's friend lived there in the early 90s and told us some horror stories, they hate the colour of our skin( which is funny right lol) but love the colour of our money

Make Yar adua go sef, i dont tire for all those old foggies their useless faces
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by 9ja4eva: 8:44pm On Mar 27, 2007
They are thieves wat do u expect?Yar Adua wldnt be a bad choice to run for presidency in Lebanon.Lets all direct our votes for him dts if he gat any votes to Lebanon.
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by sisimose(f): 8:47pm On Mar 27, 2007
abi ooh. make them take am ah! we don tire.
wait oh 9ja4eva this whole election bizness dey give me funny feelings. what do you think, or how doo you perceive it's going right now?
Re: A Lebanese Representing You In The Senate? by 9ja4eva: 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2007
I really tink its dicey right now bt i believe strongly dt d winner wld be one we dnt expect.I have a feeling Iwu and Ribadu wld turn deir backs on Baba @ d dying minute and all d rigging plans wldnt work.God will intervene dis time around.Wat u feel?

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Open Letter Of Resignation To Odumegwu Ojukwu" From Robert S. Goldstein / Boko Haram: Tension In Ibadan Over Massacre Of Yorubas In The North / Ekiti 2014: Perm Sec Caught Performing Rituals At Idanre Shrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.