Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Teen Who Crashed Into BMW Finds Out Why Honesty Is The Best Policy - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Teen Who Crashed Into BMW Finds Out Why Honesty Is The Best Policy (553 Views)

Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / Hummer Crashed Into Oba Of Benin's Palace Wall, Gets Destroyed, But Not The Wall / The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teen Who Crashed Into BMW Finds Out Why Honesty Is The Best Policy by kisszhira(m): 8:42am On Feb 22, 2017
(CNN) - A 17-year-old high school sophomore had just finished a food delivery to a customer when he got a phone call, asking him to make another one. But while he answered the call, he accidentally hit and scratched a BMW.
The teen went ahead and made his next delivery, but returned to the site of the accident in Zhengzhou, China, to do what he could to make amends.
"I drove back to the shop first and finished the delivery," Chen told CCTV, China's state-run news agency. "Then, I wrote an apology letter and headed back to the accident site."
In the morning, when the BMW driver, Xue Zhanmin, assessed the damage to his scratched car, he found a letter the teen had glued to the car door along with 311 yuan ($45) in cash.
The letter read: "Uncle, I'm sorry. I accidentally bumped into your car last night when I was driving an electric tricycle. I have all together over 300 yuan ($44), and give it to you as a compensation. I know the money was not enough, but that's all the money I have. I feel really sorry for the accident."
Touched by the delivery boy's honesty and realizing he probably came from a poor family, Xue asked the local traffic officer to help him find Chen. As the story circulated through local media reports, he eventually did.
Not only did Xue return Chen's money, he rewarded him for his honesty by giving him 10,000 yuan ($1,453).
"I wanted to return all the 311 yuan and I wanted to give him some financial support," Xue said.
Re: Teen Who Crashed Into BMW Finds Out Why Honesty Is The Best Policy by okonja(m): 8:46am On Feb 22, 2017
Interesting
Re: Teen Who Crashed Into BMW Finds Out Why Honesty Is The Best Policy by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 22, 2017
That's I have insisted on being sincere in all I say and do. Buhari is a failure.
Re: Teen Who Crashed Into BMW Finds Out Why Honesty Is The Best Policy by decatalyst(m): 8:57am On Feb 22, 2017
The worst price you could receive for being honest is anger that may cause death. Why not die fulfilled?

Honestly pays more than MMM grin
Re: Teen Who Crashed Into BMW Finds Out Why Honesty Is The Best Policy by vedaxcool(m): 9:01am On Feb 22, 2017
Wish most wailing zombies and their hero of thieves can be honest like that kid
Re: Teen Who Crashed Into BMW Finds Out Why Honesty Is The Best Policy by kisszhira(m): 11:12am On Feb 22, 2017
cheesy grin.

(1) (Reply)

10 Trips To Take In Your 20s / Phd In Malaysia (university Of Utara) Or Phd In University Of Durban Southafrica / Video/photos] Indonesian Police Discover Body Of Nigerian Man Days After He Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.