Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,183 members, 7,839,029 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Naira Records Gain, Closes At 512/dollar On Tuesday - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Records Gain, Closes At 512/dollar On Tuesday (6977 Views)

FOREX: CBN Introduces New Rules, Naira Closes At 367/$ / Naira Plunges To N390 Per Dollar On Parallel Market / Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Records Gain, Closes At 512/dollar On Tuesday by Bankoleyemi: 10:44am On Feb 22, 2017
BUHARIISCURSED:
Even in his grave baba they punish us cry

Naira gain power at 512 per dollar, where is N1-$1? So will it gain power soon, 999 per dollar from N1000 -$1. Watchout, it is coming.
Re: Naira Records Gain, Closes At 512/dollar On Tuesday by sincerlyyo(m): 10:47am On Feb 22, 2017
Next it will jump to 530. I sorry for my naira
Re: Naira Records Gain, Closes At 512/dollar On Tuesday by loomer: 10:51am On Feb 22, 2017
9jakohai:

1.Venezuela's currency is in a bad state.

2.Russia has had a bit of bother with its currency (they also rely heavily on oil too).

3.Saudi Arabia has no issues.....because they are running through their extensive dollars savings to keep their currnecy buoyant.

4.Nigeria, even in the time of plenty, was not earning enough money to keep N1=$1. Back in 1978....during a period of high oil prices, it was $1-N1. But we also exported , in addition to oil, groundnuts, palm oil, cotton, cocoa, tin, columbite, beninseed, coal, and so on. Now...we don't export that much non-oil wise.

5.Once oil prices fall down, restrictions on dollar flows are brought in. For example...in 2008...oil prcies fell. Soludo did what Emefiele is doing now. The difference was that he had $47bn in the foreign reserves (Buhari had $32BN when he came in) and second...oil prices went up again after a few months...to over 100usd. (It never dropped below 60USD before).

6.Of course, I am criticizing the govt, by the way. They can improve things....by spending more on increasing our non-oil exports. Problem is...that is a long term solution, and Nigerians want short term...and the govt too is waiting for oil to shoot up again.

Bros we no supos dey compare Venezuela and Nigeria. They've always lived in poverty even with their oil.

Russia had it rough not just because of oil price but sanctions against them.

Saudis, chai make we no even talk about those people their money too long.

For Nigeria, we just have to stop blaming oil prices and start doing things right. No one in leadership dey ever think outside the box.
Re: Naira Records Gain, Closes At 512/dollar On Tuesday by Clone2020(m): 10:52am On Feb 22, 2017
If you are in the US or have relatives in the US trying to send money to naija, I will exchange the funds at 430/$, simply deposit into my US bank account and receive instant funding into your Nigerian account. Don't bother with western Union and co, they exchange at 375/$ with fees and the exchange rate drops to around 345/$.

See my contact below.
Re: Naira Records Gain, Closes At 512/dollar On Tuesday by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 22, 2017
loomer:

Bros we no supos dey compare Venezuela and Nigeria. They've always lived in poverty even with their oil.

Russia had it rough not just because of oil price but sanctions against them.

Saudis, chai make we no even talk about those people their money too long.

For Nigeria, we just have to stop blaming oil prices and start doing things right. No one in leadership dey ever think outside the box.

1.You asked for examples of countries in trobule with their economy due to the falling oil prices. I give you examples....you write them off.
Ah well.

2.Thinking outside the box requires harsh and tough economic polices,fighting corruption...which includes those under the broom getting investigated too... as well as a thorough reform of our education system, and us taking loans to improve power, rail , road and health sectors. All of which are geared towards attracting more foreign investment in several years time.

Unfortunately, most of you Nigerians want to go back to the time when dollars easily flowed in. Those times are over.

3.Of course...oil is to blame. That is why Buhari is singing diversify. If he is serious....is another matter
Re: Naira Records Gain, Closes At 512/dollar On Tuesday by kabrud: 11:02am On Feb 22, 2017
loomer:

Make una stop to Blane things on oil price and call a spade a spade.
Na only Nigeria dey sell oil?
How many other countries money crash as bad as this one?
Re: Naira Records Gain, Closes At 512/dollar On Tuesday by kabrud: 11:02am On Feb 22, 2017
loomer:

Make una stop to Blane things on oil price and call a spade a spade.
Na only Nigeria dey sell oil?
How many other countries money crash as bad as this one?

The currencies of many oil-dependent countries did not crash because they had saved for rainy days, but rather than saving during the boom, ur country squandered even the previously saved one and the rainy days are here with us now, no saving to give us soft landing.

1 Like

Re: Naira Records Gain, Closes At 512/dollar On Tuesday by NLbully(m): 11:03am On Feb 22, 2017
Wake me up when Dollar starts depreciating against naira grin angry
Re: Naira Records Gain, Closes At 512/dollar On Tuesday by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 22, 2017
9jakohai:

Back when it was 200 to 1 dollar, oil prices were sky high... Above 100 per barrel.

Then we could afford to allow investors come in and take as much dollars in and out because govt had enough dollars to play with.

Once oil prices crashed to as low as 28 per barrel, we had to restrict dollars, so investors pulled out.

If oil prices were still above 100, you would be shouting say baba.

(by the way, I ain't a zombie or wailer)

Me too. I am neither apc or pdp.
I am just a concerned citizen.
Let's say that you are right.
Is it not the responsibility of the government of the day to find solutions?
Re: Naira Records Gain, Closes At 512/dollar On Tuesday by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 22, 2017
alexistaiwo:

Me too. I am neither apc or pdp.
I am just a concerned citizen.
Let's say that you are right.
Is it not the responsibility of the government of the day to find solutions?

Of course....nowhere did I say that the govt should not find solutions.

And for me...the solutions starts with taking targeted loans to improve things like power, rail, etc...which would stimulate local and foreign investment.

Some other folk have suggested floating the naira.(I am not too sure about that...I think it would make a bad situation worse. But hey, it worked for Argentina )
Re: Naira Records Gain, Closes At 512/dollar On Tuesday by loomer: 11:11am On Feb 22, 2017
9jakohai:

1.You asked for examples of countries in trobule with their economy due to the falling oil prices. I give you examples....you write them off.
Ah well.

2.Thinking outside the box requires harsh and tough economic polices,fighting corruption...which includes those under the broom getting investigated too... as well as a thorough reform of our education system, and us taking loans to improve power, rail , road and health sectors. All of which are geared towards attracting more foreign investment in several years time.

Unfortunately, most of you Nigerians want to go back to the time when dollars easily flowed in. Those times are over.

3.Of course...oil is to blame. That is why Buhari is singing diversify. If he is serious....is another matter

Bros, we should stop speaking plenty grammar, none of the government wey don rule us, plus the one wey dey rule us ready think outside the box.
Which corruption are they fighting?

Past administrations wasted money repairing refineries, this administration too don dey repair. If them build new ones them go die?
Our airports wey dey bring money, none dey up to standard. For this small country wey I dey, na everyday dem dey construct new things for airport cos it will generate revenue.

Nigeria na one easy country to develop, but our leaders just like as we dey suffer.
Re: Naira Records Gain, Closes At 512/dollar On Tuesday by CellTabRepairs: 11:56am On Feb 22, 2017
Change indeed!

WAITING TO BE INVITED FOR A JOB PUTS CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE IN OTHERS HANDS; L(EARN)ING TO EARN PUTS U IN CONTROL!!!

While you search for that job(not bad, keep trying) and time keeps going (we are almost in March already) do you just idle bye?

YOU might consider investing/training yourself right there at home in a knowledge-based skill that has UNENDING RETURNS and even expose you to opportunities in people!. EACH DAY , YOUR CAPITAL Will Be YOUR KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & BARE HANDS!

coolClick My Name, View the resource you need!cool
Re: Naira Records Gain, Closes At 512/dollar On Tuesday by piagetskinner(m): 1:14pm On Feb 22, 2017
please return our naira back to 216....

the naira gains by 5 naira and then looses by 30 naira...what kind of bullshit is that
Re: Naira Records Gain, Closes At 512/dollar On Tuesday by japhethGold: 2:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
I am a trained economist; I have a solution to the Naira-Dollar crisis but I am keeping it to my chest, lest the economic team of this government steal it and make themselves popular.

In a mean while, lets continue like this....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help! Which Atm Card Can I Use For Online Payment? Specifically Shopping / Goodnews For Mini Importers And Wholesalers Like Me. / Capital Inflows Into Nigeria Fall By 46.86%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.