Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. (3369 Views)

Terrorist Attacks In Borno: Office Of The Acting President Reacts / "Buhari Chronically Ill, His Figure Now No More Than Skin & Bones" - Brimah / Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by buchibrand(m): 11:29am On Feb 22, 2017
This is a very serious Constitutional Question.

What happens if the current acting president (VP) becomes very ill and needs and urgent medical attention.
Just imagine that the illness will keep him out of Nigeria for close to 3 months or more (even if its just one day)

Please, let's not say God forbid or it can't happen, i really want us to critically look into this issues in other to adopt a holistic legislative approach to it.

Let's no one say I'm wishing the president, his vice or the nation at large evil; far from that, I'm just a concerned Nigerian and I want the best for this great Nation.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Source: http://buchibrandblog..com/2017/02/my-letter-to-nigeria-national-assembly.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by omenkaLives(m): 11:30am On Feb 22, 2017
What will happen if you try to make use of your brain?

4 Likes

Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by sarrki(m): 11:30am On Feb 22, 2017
Enemies of state at work

Working for saraki

Tell saraki this is not senate

7 Likes

Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by DozieInc(m): 11:32am On Feb 22, 2017
angry grin lipsrsealed tongue
Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by Everfrank(m): 11:32am On Feb 22, 2017
You will be appointed acting president. grin
Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 22, 2017
omenkaLives:
gringrin
Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by jarkbauer: 11:35am On Feb 22, 2017
SENATE PRESIDENT WILL BE MADE ACTING PRESIDENT OR MILITARY WILL JUST TAKE OVER
Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 11:38am On Feb 22, 2017
Saraki would take over
Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by buchibrand(m): 11:42am On Feb 22, 2017
omenkaLives:
Mr wise, im very sure you have not forgotten in a hurry that Saraki still has issues hanging on his neck?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by ybalogs(m): 11:43am On Feb 22, 2017
Too many evil minds on NL. So think of what'll be beneficial to the nation is now a problem aiight? Some people deserves koboko walahi.
Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by buchibrand(m): 11:43am On Feb 22, 2017
jarkbauer:
SENATE PRESIDENT WILL BE MADE ACTING PRESIDENT OR MILITARY WILL JUST TAKE OVER
Do you think any of those will do Nigeria any good?
Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by ybalogs(m): 11:47am On Feb 22, 2017
Anybody can be Ill at Any point in time. If it happens our VP gets Ill and couldn't carry out his duties,then Senate president will assume the post of Acting President. That won't happen by God's grace anyways.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by buchibrand(m): 11:49am On Feb 22, 2017
sarrki:
Enemies of state at work

Working for saraki

Tell saraki this is not senate
I laugh you in french, because you can't see the future. Who will want a man that is yet to clear himself from corruption charges filed against him to be his President (on whatsoever capacity)? Disappointed?
Sorry!
Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by momentarylapse: 11:51am On Feb 22, 2017
buchibrand:
This is a very serious Constitutional Question.

What happens if the current acting president (VP) becomes very ill and needs and urgent medical attention.
Just imagine that the illness will keep him out of Nigeria for close to 3 months or more (even if its just one day)

Please, let's not say God forbid or it can't happen, i really want us to critically look into this issues in other to adopt a holistic legislative approach to it.

Let's no one say I'm wishing the president, his vice or the nation at large evil; far from that, I'm just a concerned Nigerian and I want the best for this great Nation.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Source: http://buchibrandblog..com/2017/02/my-letter-to-nigeria-national-assembly.html

What a solid bad belle question! Come and take your reward!..... grin

2 Likes

Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by buchibrand(m): 11:52am On Feb 22, 2017
ybalogs:
Anybody can be Ill at Any point in time. If it happens our VP gets Ill and couldn't carry out his duties,then Senate president will assume the post of Acting President. That won't happen by God's grace anyways.
Amen!
I pray it doesn't happen because we can not trust Saraki. He has got a whole lot of question to answer as regards corruption
Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by jarkbauer: 11:52am On Feb 22, 2017
buchibrand:

Do you think any of those will do Nigeria any good?

I ONLY ANSWERED THE HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION

1 Like

Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by Grundig: 12:09pm On Feb 22, 2017
Haaaaaa.

Naija don enter saraki hand be that

1 Like

Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by buchibrand(m): 12:20pm On Feb 22, 2017
Grundig:
Haaaaaa.

Naija don enter saraki hand be that
God Forbid, we cant trust that dude.
Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by moderatedguy: 12:25pm On Feb 22, 2017
buchibrand:

God Forbid, we cant trust that dude.
Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by moderatedguy: 12:27pm On Feb 22, 2017
Devilish question from a Sai Buharian
Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by buchibrand(m): 12:34pm On Feb 22, 2017
moderatedguy:
Devilish question from a Sai Buharian
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. See this guy o. Wakeup bro
Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by darknetcom: 1:23pm On Feb 22, 2017
i think the senate president will take over power for a short period to immediately hold new elections..

am not sure tho.. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by moderatedguy: 1:40pm On Feb 22, 2017
buchibrand:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. See this guy o. Wakeup bro
Na u dey sleep ooo
Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by babyfaceafrica: 1:42pm On Feb 22, 2017
Bad belle..what if you grow breast overnight...yeye
Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by oyinkinola: 1:50pm On Feb 22, 2017
...oh my God, how can you expect this to happen to your nation? do you have other country? recession is enough for the people, pls stop non sense!
Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by Ferdinandu(m): 2:36pm On Feb 22, 2017
That's a valid question you asked. Guy forget all the posters above typical Nigeria thinking. This was the reason we had the political imbroglio in Kogi state. The constitution never takes care of those kind of once in a century occurrence. Anybody that has a valid answer should tell us. What happens if the President and Vice president are incapacitated at the same time.

10 Likes

Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by buchibrand(m): 6:19pm On Feb 22, 2017
Ferdinandu:
That's a valid question you asked. Guy forget all the posters above typical Nigeria thinking. This was the reason we had the political imbroglio in Kogi state. The constitution never takes care of those kind of once in a century occurrence. Anybody that has a valid answer should tell us. What happens if the President and Vice president are incapacitated at the same time.
Wow! best answer so far. I will never give up on Nigeria because i know there are logical thinkers and reasonable actors in this great nation.
I don't know why people cant take sentiment off their reasoning. ESE GAN.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by buchibrand(m): 6:27pm On Feb 22, 2017
oyinkinola:
...oh my God, how can you expect this to happen to your nation? do you have other country? recession is enough for the people, pls stop non sense!
You probably did not read before commenting, but if you did and still came up with that submission then you are afraid of the worst, but i am not. There are so many lacuna in our constitution and those has got to be addressed and very fast. No one wants to die, yet people die every seconds.
Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by buchibrand(m): 6:35pm On Feb 22, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Bad belle..what if you grow breast overnight...yeye
continue to deceive yourself. You can't rule the possibility of that happening out. Buhari on indefinite sick leave today, Osinbajo could be next (God forbid) but what happens if the unexpected befall us. I am very sure you don't know that it could lead to military interference.
Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by babyfaceafrica: 6:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
buchibrand:

continue to deceive yourself. You can't rule the possibility of that happening out. Buhari on indefinite sick leave today, Osinbajo could be next (God forbid) but what happens if the unexpected befall us. I am very sure you don't know that it could lead to military interference.
and so?..wetin consign us?..if a politheifian dies ,anoda enters..oga face your job and make money,leave all dis yeye political calculations..
Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by buchibrand(m): 7:03pm On Feb 22, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
and so?..wetin consign us?..if a politheifian dies ,anoda enters..oga face your job and make money,leave all dis yeye political calculations..
You may be right anyway, but i'm not doing this just for fun; i want to clear my mind. What ever happens tomorrow, i will not blame myself for not speaking out at the appropriate time. Nigeria belongs to all of us and not the politicians alone.
Re: What Happens If The Acting President Suddenly Gets Ill. by oyinkinola: 8:40am On Feb 23, 2017
buchibrand:

You probably did not read before commenting, but if you did and still came up with that submission then you are afraid of the worst, but i am not. There are so many lacuna in our constitution and those has got to be addressed and very fast. No one wants to die, yet people die every seconds.
...and that's why you should be persmist on every Nigeria issue and optimist on your life!

(1) (2) (Reply)

15 Reasons Why You Should Not Vote For Buhari Again / Politically Incorrect Jokes / Ajimobi’s Kidneys Have Failed, Lung Operated, Health Has Worsened- Kemi Olunloyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.