Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,362 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

How To Check Odometer Fraud And How It Works In A Vechicle - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Check Odometer Fraud And How It Works In A Vechicle (15319 Views)

What Is The Function Of This Sign In A Vechicle. / Speedometer Stops Working, Odometer Reading Wipe Off, Toyota Camry 1999 / C.M.R Vechicle Particulars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Check Odometer Fraud And How It Works In A Vechicle by bsideboii(m): 8:06am On Feb 23, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
unless you run the vin, the rest is all guess work
Can a vehicles VIN be tampered with too?
Re: How To Check Odometer Fraud And How It Works In A Vechicle by woodmood: 8:07am On Feb 23, 2017
eezeribe:

Very well then.VIN would do just fine.

VIN will never tell you whether an odometer is tampered with or not. Aside other info concerning the car, the closest it can give u is the maintainance history.
Re: How To Check Odometer Fraud And How It Works In A Vechicle by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:25am On Feb 23, 2017
bsideboii:
Can a vehicles VIN be tampered with too?

Yes!!! But very tricky.

2 Likes

Re: How To Check Odometer Fraud And How It Works In A Vechicle by RootofDavid: 8:56am On Feb 23, 2017
good information
Re: How To Check Odometer Fraud And How It Works In A Vechicle by dokyOloye: 10:41am On Feb 23, 2017
woodmood:

VIN will never tell you whether an odometer is tampered with or not. Aside other info concerning the car, the closest it can give u is the maintainance history.
It can give U a clue.If a vehicle's last service in say America was at 75k miles,then 3yrs later,U wanna buy the car as Naija used and U have a mileage of 65k,what does that tell U?
In fact,if after 3 yrs of use in Naija,U still getting a mileage of say 85k,either there's a fraud or d person hardly drives d car.
It's all abt common sense cos 10k miles in 3yrs means 3.3k miles per year wc is suspicious cos ppl who live in say Lagos and maybe use their cars only on weekends cos of traffic still rack up a lot of mileage cos distances are far.
Then ppl who live in small cities have no reason not to use their cars daily.

1 Like

Re: How To Check Odometer Fraud And How It Works In A Vechicle by AmenJoan(f): 11:18am On Feb 23, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I think my car vin was tampered with. Can't find it on any vin check site! The sticker by the door says it's a 2006 car, seatbelt too. But the manual and car itself is 2004.
Yes!!! But very tricky.
Re: How To Check Odometer Fraud And How It Works In A Vechicle by CellTabRepairs: 12:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
Great information

Meanwhile,while you search for that job and keep waiting or invest already made money in financial instruments, you might consider investing in knowledge based skill that is unending. EACH DAY , YOUR CAPITAL IS YOUR KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & BARE HANDS! More GUARANTEED than any other investment! With smartphones as the future, YOU CAN NEVER GO BROKE.

coolClick My Name and View the resource you need! cool
Re: How To Check Odometer Fraud And How It Works In A Vechicle by akokaite(m): 5:33am On Feb 24, 2017
Austin234:
It was a typo. U should know na. Now my question

Re: How To Check Odometer Fraud And How It Works In A Vechicle by akokaite(m): 5:34am On Feb 24, 2017
how does VIN Work?
Re: How To Check Odometer Fraud And How It Works In A Vechicle by computerglobal(m): 9:06am On Feb 12, 2018
akokaite:
how does VIN Work?

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away..

https:///send?phone=2348060365068

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

Re: How To Check Odometer Fraud And How It Works In A Vechicle by CarGuideNG: 11:20am On Sep 15, 2018
akokaite:
how does V I N Work?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? / FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test / Guys My Vehicle Was Saved From An Incompetent Nairaland Auto Guru Mayor2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.