Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks (35222 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Shoe Shining Empowerment In Borno / Dino Melaye On A Stretcher In The Court Room With Ben Murray-Bruce (Photos) / Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Jabioro: 1:11pm On Feb 23, 2017
Ben Muray should consult his Oxford Dictionary..
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by meccuno: 1:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
Thewrath:
Simple. It's a gift if it's from a northerner. It's a bribe if it's from a southerner. You can thank me later at the galleria in abuja cool.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
tete7000:

The case is before the court and the statement was made by a witness in a case before the court, it is prejudicial for anyone to make any justification on the matter. Only the court can make the final statement. I don't care what Adesina or anyone else says. I really don't expect them as Buhari's subject to say anything than that which exonerate their boss.

That apart, I personally don't believe the presidency has the moral right to talk on the matter that predates Buhari's presidency and is totally unrelated to him in his official capacity as the president. No one said he received bribe as president, so why should presidency be defending him? That itself is morally wrong, it constitutes abuse of office and it is part of the problem I have with Buhari's set up, they want to fight corruption but basic moral concept, they can't digest.

Finally that he once bribeb someone, (going by your logic) doesn't mean he can't come around and fight that person. Technical matter shouldnt be pursued on sentiments. What constitute a bribe? Could the said gift be labelled a bribe? Those are questions that should be answered and once those are in affirmative no other justifcation or press statement can exonerate our president.

Is this not the same man who once said he has only a million naira in his account but has been found out to live his life in uk - his doctor is in uk, all his children school in uk. Can a million naira account finance those expenses? Buhari's antecedence doesn't portray him as a truthful person. Stop being naive and believing every lie you are sold. Wise up!

One man with common sense. cheesy
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Eluwilussit(m): 3:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
bakila:

Do you know Aso ebi, do you know why people spray money at wedding and other celebrations, do you know ajo, do you know send forth? Do you know committee of friends? Do you know how many cases Kola Awodien has before Ademola

How does #500k through his lawyer to the judge that handled his perjury case amount to any of the above? Bakila, "I am not understanding you anymore".
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Eluwilussit(m): 3:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
tete7000:

The case is before the court and the statement was made by a witness in a case before the court, it is prejudicial for anyone to make any justification on the matter. Only the court can make the final statement. I don't care what Adesina or anyone else says. I really don't expect them as Buhari's subject to say anything than that which exonerate their boss.

That apart, I personally don't believe the presidency has the moral right to talk on the matter that predates Buhari's presidency and is totally unrelated to him in his official capacity as the president. No one said he received bribe as president, so why should presidency be defending him? That itself is morally wrong, it constitutes abuse of office and it is part of the problem I have with Buhari's set up, they want to fight corruption but basic moral concept, they can't digest.

Finally that he once bribeb someone, (going by your logic) doesn't mean he can't come around and fight that person. Technical matter shouldnt be pursued on sentiments. What constitute a bribe? Could the said gift be labelled a bribe? Those are questions that should be answered and once those are in affirmative no other justifcation or press statement can exonerate our president.

Is this not the same man who once said he has only a million naira in his account but has been found out to live his life in uk - his doctor is in uk, all his children school in uk. Can a million naira account finance those expenses? Buhari's antecedence doesn't portray him as a truthful person. Stop being naive and believing every lie you are sold. Wise up!

God bless you. Don't mind the hypocrites and their impostor president. Buhari is morally bankrupt. He has no truth in him. The worst pretender ever, in the history of our dear nation.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Splashme: 6:29pm On Feb 23, 2017
Onechancearmy:
When PDP does it, it's a bribe

When the dullard does it, it's a gift
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by semyman: 7:59pm On Feb 23, 2017
Ben Murray Bruce, shut the hell up until you explain the funds from Stella Obasanjo in your possession too
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Emassive(m): 10:04am On Mar 03, 2017
Yeah use your head to note that the receiver is not guilt of any offense of receiving gifts from anyone
adanny01:

Buhari's lawyer and the rest of the lawyers who gave gifts are all corrupt. The matter i am pointing out is that the people the lawyers are representing may not know of the bribe so cannot be responsible and may not be regarded as corrupt.

We all know, lawyers go out of their way to win cases and get paid so they do even illegal things. Use your head.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by adanny01(m): 11:55pm On Mar 03, 2017
Emassive:
Yeah use your head to note that the receiver is not guilt of any offense of receiving gifts from anyone

If all Nigerians will be like you, i will never blame Nigerian politicians again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

First Series Of Presidential Debate Holds Today On Arise TV. / How Army Free Vaccination Caused Pandemonium In Igboland / Peter Obi: Guinness Handler Apologizes Over "Shut Up Your Dirty Mouth" Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.