Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,704 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:36 AM

Nissan Murano.. Please Why Do People Run Away From This Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Murano.. Please Why Do People Run Away From This Car? (2432 Views)

Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) / Why Do People Buy Expensive Cars? / Please Tell Me About This Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Murano.. Please Why Do People Run Away From This Car? by drsugar: 9:49am On Feb 23, 2017
Please why do people run away from this car. Is it advisable to own one? Please, advice from Pros
Re: Nissan Murano.. Please Why Do People Run Away From This Car? by nurey(m): 11:36am On Feb 23, 2017
stay away from the 1st generation murano, the transmission has a factory defect on some. Also it comes with CVT transmission an advanced auto matic transmission which is very sensitive. If you want to sleep in peace and not rest in peaces its better to avoid murano first generation

2 Likes

Re: Nissan Murano.. Please Why Do People Run Away From This Car? by drsugar: 11:50am On Feb 23, 2017
Wow! Thanks
Re: Nissan Murano.. Please Why Do People Run Away From This Car? by drsugar: 11:57am On Feb 23, 2017
That means Nissan Rogue is better
Re: Nissan Murano.. Please Why Do People Run Away From This Car? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
Because of the transmission (CVT). I really like the car myself. The transmission is the problem,cos there has been more complains than there are praises about it,but i hear it can be replaced with a 4 speed automatic like that in the infinity I35. Not sure if it'll work or if its a good idea.
Re: Nissan Murano.. Please Why Do People Run Away From This Car? by salvo583: 9:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
I'm finding a way to run from the CVTransmission. Looks great on paper but horrible on real life application. It seems lower displacement engine and the CVT is cool compared to the 3.5l.
The Rogue shares its engine and transmission with the Altima. Its a nice CUV to use within town but not pleasurable on highway speeds. Being different from the crowd leads to a price. Are u ready for the price??
Re: Nissan Murano.. Please Why Do People Run Away From This Car? by oblo(m): 11:51am On Feb 24, 2017
Had a 2004 AWD murano since 2012 .and still using it for 4 years now mileage is over 180k miles and have had no cause to regret. This car travels Lagos/ Abeokuta to Enugu with no issues whatsoever anytime.i vall.for that. Gear and Engine is still same that came with the car. So what are you guys talking about.

Reason why people dread the murano is because mechanics are scared and not used to CVT technology. Besides CVT gear requires its own special gear oil wch some mechanics do know and end up trashing the car by using un recommended gear oil.

In all my usage I have only changed serviceable parts eg belts, plugs, one or two sensors ,bushings and thats it. I service regularly using recommended engine oil and have only re-gassed the ac once in the 4 years owned. My AWD system still works and still have fun using it till date. Engine has never been opend and same goes for the gear. Last time I did a gear oil flush I did myself and the ride cant be better now as its still rearing to go.

Asides that..its a very beautiful ride to own.

3 Likes

Re: Nissan Murano.. Please Why Do People Run Away From This Car? by professortunde: 6:24am On Jul 15, 2020
How can i get Oil to service the CVT gear?
Re: Nissan Murano.. Please Why Do People Run Away From This Car? by Lexusgs430: 9:25am On Jul 15, 2020
Never buy a used vehicle with CVT, without warranty............

It would end in tears....... Very expensive to fix....
Re: Nissan Murano.. Please Why Do People Run Away From This Car? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 15, 2020
Because it's a Nissan with garbage CVT transmission.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Motor Vehicle Administration Agency (m.v.a.a.) / . / What To Do When A Tyre Bursts At High Speed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.