Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,258 members, 7,953,980 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:17 AM

Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert (22909 Views)

Shea Butter Prevent You From Having Coronavirus- Nigerians In China Reveals. VID / "I Swapped Close To 5,000 Babies In 12 Years" - Zambian Nurse Confesses / ‘I Lost Over 19 Babies’;Lady Who Gave Birth To Baby Girl Narrates Ordeal. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by laudate: 5:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
odimbannamdi:
Your point is very valid.

A woman who is described as being menopausal now has had over 30years of being fertile and able to get pregnancies normally. It is absolutely her fault that she didnt get pregnant when she should (at least, in our morally bankrupt time, a woman can get pregnant without being pregnant)

Artificially inciting menopausal women to carry pregnancies, to me, is not morally right and bodily healthy.

Nature should be allowed to take its course. Science should be channel its efforts towards achieving feats like resurrection from the dead biko

Pregnancy is NOT a product that a person can automatically pick off a shelf, or order on a whim whenever it is needed. It is a process. and sometimes this process gets delayed, or it simply does not happen through no fault of the woman, who longs for it.

So what do you mean by saying: "A woman who is described as being menopausal now has had over 30years of being fertile and able to get pregnancies normally. It is absolutely her fault that she didnt get pregnant when she should.." How can you say it her fault that she didn't get pregnant when she should??! shocked Are you the one that created her body??! shocked Or do you have the secret manual about how it works??!

1 Like

Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by absoluteSuccess: 5:13pm On Feb 23, 2017
mmsen:

Why is it unethical to suggest that not everyone should have children when not everybody wants children? And being a mother is about raising a child, lots of women give birth to children and then abandon them - we see stories everyday of one child of another being thrown in a gutter; or branded a witch, abused and left to die. Let us first embrace the science of raising children before we speak of celebrating the act of giving birth.

There is no 'mystery' to motherhood or procreation - we know about the sexual process and we know about DNA. We do not live in the Middle Ages. And why do you people who speak with such starry eyes about motherhood not have the same fascination with creating a functioning society? What is the point of creating life if you're just going to throw them into a cesspool?

I want you to read your post and see where you draw your strength. I see motherhood first from whom my mother is and my relationship with her, and my own effort to make another woman a mother. I don't see motherhood from a DNA pool.

I don't believe in the oversimplification of life that comes with many collegial degrees, its not the original creation but continual effort at understanding how the world or universe work.

I cannot speak of motherhood from the perspective of people who dump their kids in dustbin, if that is the obvious image of motherhood to you. Well I can't hold brief for such as I was raised by my mother.

It is megalomaniac to assume I should be running around to solve state problems. Send your appraisal of the situation to state or federal assembly if you think it will help on planned parentage. It may pass to an act.

Why do you people often look for loopholes to destroy everything that holds family together? What school of thought is this again?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by olasaad(f): 5:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
9jakohai:
OK....Big problems

1.So, a woman gets pregnant for the first time, at 69 years of age (yes it has happened).Can the body stand up to the rigors of pregnancy? Can the body at that age stand up to any post pregnancy complications? And what if the woman has things like hypertension and diabetes? Won't it be tough...especially as we have to pump hormones into her body to sustain the pregnancy?

2.Woman has baby at 60. By 75...the child would be a teenager. Can she look after a teenager at that age? Plus...the older you get, the chances are that you would die sooner rather than later. So, a child is going to worry about old mama dying before he or she reaches adulthood?

Sorry....but post menopausal women have no business having babies.

No one question, she can use surrogate method.

No two women can died at anytime. We have ladies who are in their 20s and already married with kids and died too.

So ur point is not solid enough

1 Like

Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by mmsen: 5:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

I want you to read your post and see where you draw your strength. I see motherhood first from whom my mother is and my relationship with her, and my own effort to make another woman a mother. I don't see motherhood from a DNA pool.

I don't believe in the oversimplification of life that comes with many collegial degrees, its not the original creation but continual effort at understanding how the world or universe work.

I cannot speak from the perspective of people who dump their kids in dustbin, if that is the obvious image of motherhood to you. Well I can't hold brief for such as I was raised by my mother.

It is megalomaniac to assume I should be running around to solve state problems. Send your appraisal of the situation to state or federal assembly if you think it will help on planned parentage. It may pass to an act.

Megolamania or narcissism is surely more a feature of people who believe that they are entitled to procreate than someone who says that they do not need to. Afterall, a child is only an extension of oneself. In light of that fact I ask you a simple question, who is the megalomaniac here - you, who is insistent on having children or I who feels no need to procreate?

It isn't about one person making a better society, it takes a collective. The fact that you cannot see that yet desire to introduce children into this society is disconcerting and is typical of many Nigerians who think that building a safer society is someone else's responsibility. Again, I ask, why would you introduce another life into such a setting? Is it not the function of a mother to ensure that the environment in which they bring that child into is safe and secure?

There are various stages of abuse and neglect because the level of parenting in Nigeria is often very low. Most Nigerians struggle to comprehend that beating children; forcing religion on children; and using children as unpaid labor are all forms of abuse. This is why I do not understand the obsession with fertility.
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by Ishilove: 6:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
soberdrunk:
Ishilove good news!!! You may no longer need to buy a cat angry
I will come to PH and have a baby for you angry
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by absoluteSuccess: 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
mmsen:

Megolamania or narcissism is surely more a feature of people who believe that they are entitled to procreate than someone who says that they do not need to. Afterall, a child is only an extension of oneself. In light of that fact I ask you a simple question, who is the megalomaniac here - you, who is insistent on having children or I who feels no need to procreate?

It isn't about one person making a better society, it takes a collective. The fact that you cannot see that yet desire to introduce children into this society is disconcerting and is typical of many Nigerians who think that building a safer society is someone else's responsibility. Again, I ask, why would you introduce another life into such a setting? Is it not the function of a mother to ensure that the environment in which they bring that child into is safe and secure?

There are various stages of abuse and neglect because the level of parenting in Nigeria is often very low. Most Nigerians struggle to comprehend that beating children; forcing religion on children; and using children as unpaid labor are all forms of abuse. This is why I do not understand the obsession with fertility.

Since a child is an extension of oneself and you don't see a need for it when you haven't taken care of the ones on ground, then you are the narcissist who had no child, no plan to have one and for an imaginary problem sake discourages other's from having one.

You are having problem that's none of your problem. You didn't create nor solve any problem, the problem is just an an extension of selfish need to be 'the only extension of oneself' to taste life. If you have tasted life, you must give the life before you die. That's procreation.

Your projection is diabolical. Such is the mid-stage of paedophobians who can device a killer drug like 'my pikin' just to wipe out some kids in mercy-killing spree. You will have a scientific justification for this or argue to promote the need for this megalomaniac just to see your world manifest some day.

Imaging what you will do if you can get hold of whatever is responsible for fertility on a large scale, then you will realize you can wipe out the future.

1 Like

Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by mmsen: 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

Since a child is an extension of oneself and you don't see a need for it when you haven't taken care of the ones on ground, then you are the narcissist who had no child and no plan to have one and for problem sake discourages other's from having one. You are having problem that's none of your problem.

Such is the mid-stage of paedophobians who can device a killer drug like 'my pikin' just to wipe out some kids in mercy-killing spree. You will have a scientific justification for this or argue to promote the need for this megalomaniac just to see your world manifest some day.

Imaging what you will do if you can get hold of whatever is responsible for fertility on a large scale, then you will realize you can wipe out the future.

I do not hate children - I have spent considerable time taking care of other people's responsibilities, often times with greater patience and joy than their own parents.

Claiming that other people's children are not my problem is myopic and simple minded reasoning. A society is made up of all, the actions of one person (or a couple) have a knock on effect. When someone has a child that they cannot cater for and that child has do whatever it takes to survive it is you and your household that they will prey on to survive. That you cannot see this most obvious of facts is another troubling issue that simply reinforces my point about many people desiring people without even understanding their own environment; their role as a parent; or the wider role around them.

I'm certain at this point that you are one of the many people who when asked - "Why is Nigeria the way that it is"? Your response would be "The leadership is bad" - not realizing that within each household the parents are the leaders. Yes, the leadership is bad because they are uninformed, that is true at the Federal Government level (especially with this administration) but also within many households. The dysfunctional nation is simply an extension of the dysfunctional nuclear family.

Why do you think the north has such a problem with Boko Haram? You think it is a coincidence that the region with the highest birth rate and the highest poverty rate is also home to the greatest menace in Nigerian history?
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by soberdrunk(m): 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
Ishilove:

I will come to PH and have a baby for you angry

No Thank You!!! I prefer "younger" ladies and i dont like to disrespect my elders, how will i be spanking my mothers mate when we are doing "the do" angry, peradventure i want to try my famous 'crouching tiger holding protector' style and you now faint and enter coma, what will i tell Nigerian Police?? angry angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by Ishilove: 6:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
soberdrunk:

No Thank You!!! I prefer "younger" ladies and i dont like to disrespect my elders, how will i be spanking my mothers mate when we are doing "the do" angry, peradventure i want to try my famous 'crouching tiger holding protector' style and you now faint and enter coma, what will i tell Nigerian Police?? angry angry angry
Buhahahahahhahahahahahha! Werey ni bobo yi sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by Ishilove: 6:47pm On Feb 23, 2017
Mscheeeeeew. Soberdrunk don't flatter yourself. I was going to take yer...er...you know what, fill one Ragolis bottle with it and pump my innards full of 'em. angry

I'd use the rest for face cream. I hear it nourishes the skin and clears pimples cheesy cheesy
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by absoluteSuccess: 6:48pm On Feb 23, 2017
mmsen:

I do not hate children - I have spent considerable time taking care of other people's responsibilities, often times with greater patience and joy than their own parents.

Claiming that other people's children are not my problem is myopic and simple minded reasoning. A society is made up of all, the actions of one person (or a couple) have a knock on effect. When someone has a child that they cannot cater for and that child has do whatever it takes to survive it is you and your household that they will prey on to survive. That you cannot see this most obvious of facts is another troubling issue that simply reinforces my point about many people desiring people without even understanding their own environment; their role as a parent; or the wider role around them.

I'm certain at this point that you are one of the many people who when asked - "Why is Nigeria the way that it is"? Your response would be "The leadership is bad" - not realizing that within each household the parents are the leaders. Yes, the leadership is bad because they are uninformed, that is true at the Federal Government level (especially with this administration) but also within many households. The dysfunctional nation is simply an extension of the dysfunctional nuclear family.

Why do you think the north has such a problem with Boko Haram? You think it is a coincidence that the region with the highest birth rate and the highest poverty rate is also home to the greatest menace in Nigerian history?

I'm of the opinion that the ' core value' of our individuality often find expression in time like this.

Is procreation the one single problem that if controlled will solve Nigeria's problem?

Does declining population portents solution to Nigeria's problems?
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by soberdrunk(m): 6:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
Ishilove:
Mscheeeeeew. Soberdrunk don't flatter yourself. I was going to take yer...er...you know what, fill one Ragolis bottle with it and pump my innards full of 'em. angry

I'd use the rest for face cream. I hear it nourishes the skin and clears pimples cheesy cheesy

There are at least "11 countries" where lesbianism is "legal" and women are allowed to have babies with their "partner" with the help of sperm bank, if you need a cure for pimples, just go to the pharmcacy or in your own case(because am sure you stay in them Iyana Ejigbo, Ikorodu, Bariga type of area) "Chemist" and ask for "Nixoderm". The only way you are getting my juice is through "Direct entry" or "supplementary" because you might not qualify......... angry
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by mmsen: 6:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

I'm of the opinion that core value of our individuality often gush out in time like this. Is procreation the one single problem that if controlled will solve Nigeria's problem?

Does declining population portents solution to Nigeria's problems?

Encouraging responsible procreation would stem many of Nigeria's problems - the population has doubled since 1992, that is an unsustainable situation. It puts the infrastructure under sever strain that even a more established democratic nation would struggle with.

There aren't enough class rooms because the rate of children added each year is ridiculous, that means that many children receive no or a very poor education - one teacher is not going to attentively teach a class of 50 children.

There aren't enough jobs because the number of young people added to the job market each year is equally insane. That puts many people in a desperate situation where they will do anything to make money including various crimes and other misdeeds that erode the societal fabric and make the practice of effective democracy problematic e.g. selling their votes or joining useless religious groups that engage in physical and mental terrorism.

If someone such as Sanusi can admit to this fact (despite his own hypocritical actions) then I wonder why you can't see it?
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by Ishilove: 7:03pm On Feb 23, 2017
soberdrunk:

There are at least "11 countries" where lesbianism is "legal" and women are allowed to have babies with their "partner" with the help of sperm bank, if you need a cure for pimples, just go to the pharmcacy or in your own case(because am sure you stay in them Iyana Ejigbo, Ikorodu, Bariga type of area) "Chemist" and ask for "Nixoderm". The only way you are getting my juice is through "Direct entry" or "supplementary" because you might not qualify......... angry
Gerrahere mehn, sheeit! What are you feeling like? Old skool like you. Mscheeeew.

You that you're still in 'crouching tiger' era. Haven't you heard of 'Helicopter in the hangar' style?? Yet you are here feeling funky and talking about qualifications.

Gerrarahere!! Direct entry ko, indirect exit ni angry
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by absoluteSuccess: 7:05pm On Feb 23, 2017
mmsen:

Encouraging responsible procreation would stem many of Nigeria's problems - the population has doubled since 1992, that is an unsustainable situation. It puts the infrastructure under sever strain that even a more established democratic nation would struggle with.

There aren't enough class rooms because the rate of children added each year is ridiculous, that means that many children receive no or a very poor education - one teacher is not going to attentively teach a class of 50 children.

There aren't enough jobs because the number of young people added to the job market each year is equally insane. That puts many people in a desperate situation where they will do anything to make money including various crimes and other misdeeds that erode the societal fabric and make the practice of effective democracy problematic e.g. selling their votes or joining useless religious groups that engage in physical and mental terrorism.

If even someone such as Sanusi can admit to this fact (despite his own hypocritical actions) then I wonder why you can't see it?

So if we depopulate Nigeria, there will be solution to the country's problem, is that what you mean?

I don't want to take your word as pro-infrastructure at the expense of a declining national population.
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by mmsen: 7:09pm On Feb 23, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

So if we depopulate. Nigeria, there will be solution to the country's problem, is that what you mean? I don't want to take your word as pro-infrastructure at the expense of dwindling national population.

Where did I say depopulate? I said responsible procreation, not a situation where the population expands by 100% every 25 years.

No economy or society can withstand that kind of pressure.

The average woman is still having 5 children in Nigeria, all the while crying about hardship.
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by soberdrunk(m): 7:11pm On Feb 23, 2017
Ishilove:

Gerrahere mehn, sheeit! What are you feeling like? Old skool like you. Mscheeeew.

You that you're still in 'crouching tiger' era. Haven't you heard of 'Helicopter in the hangar' style?? Yet you are here feeling funky and talking about qualifications.

Gerrarahere!! Direct entry ko, indirect exit ni angry

The over 401 Orishas in yorubaland will not allow me do style that will land me police station and nairaland Frontpage, where people will be saying things like "chai such a fine boy just end him career ontop woman", "na village people dey do am" angry
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by Ishilove: 7:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
soberdrunk:

The over 401 Orishas in yorubaland will not allow me do style that will land me police station and nairaland Frontpage, where people will be saying things like "chai such a fine boy just end him career ontop woman", "na village people dey do am" angry
You are a character, aswear

Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by thexzy(m): 8:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
Oya Maheeda work don show for you. How do you want to be paid per business trip, weekly or monthly?
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by ahamonyeka(m): 6:39am On Feb 24, 2017
bukatyne:

If I remember correctly, her son clocked 30 few days ago.
oh really?I never knew she has a son.
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by DOD1: 9:45am On Feb 24, 2017
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:25am On Feb 25, 2017
soberdrunk:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4694149_images_jpeg68d5535b971d558f594f10a5affd0a71
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by searchng4love: 10:36am On Feb 25, 2017
soberdrunk:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Child Treated For HIV At Birth Remains Virus-Free Years After Final Treatment / Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried / Why The Fear Of Caesarean Section By Nigerian Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.