Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Battling With This Question Ever Since - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Battling With This Question Ever Since (899 Views)

Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him / RE: Battling With This Question Ever Since (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Battling With This Question Ever Since by remainhidden: 11:20am On Feb 24, 2017
I was reading through my bible in Joshua 2 vs 1 upward
The king sent someone to find the spies hiding at Rahab house.
But instead she lied about their where about when instead she hiding them in the roof..

question is What she did , was it right or wrong for her actions?
She lied to safeguard them..
But bible said we shouldn't lie
rather she was saved at the end for just the action she took
Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by Thepasserby(m): 11:34am On Feb 24, 2017
remainhidden:
But instead she lied about their where about when instead she hiding them in the roof..

Two things happened here.
1. She was covered because she was existing in the time of ignorance. She never understood what she was doing.

2. Did she really lie? Yes Did she also say the truth? Yes.
She only spoke part of the truth and hid the remaining.

In the time of ignorance, God always overlooked an offence but once you know the right thing to do and you do not do it, it becomes a sin.

All the people who lied and got away with it lied during the time of ignorance. Please as a Christian I will support lying but saying the truth because it will be counted against you.

Check Acts 17:28-30.

1 Like

Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by jonbellion(m): 11:35am On Feb 24, 2017
It was only right if the Abrahamic God commanded it
Afterall it was totally cool to wipe out the people of Jericho both men women and children and let the one person that betrayed her people to help barbaric savages to take lands that did not belong to them live and marry one of your sons despite this being explicitly forbidden (Deuteronomy 7:3)
smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by Martinez19(m): 11:45am On Feb 24, 2017
The prostitute was not under the law. She was not yet part of God's people.

1 Like

Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by remainhidden: 11:55am On Feb 24, 2017
Thepasserby:

Two things happened here.
1. She was covered because she was existing in the time of ignorance. She never understood what she was doing.

2. Did she really lie? Yes Did she also say the truth? Yes.
She only spoke part of the truth and hid the remaining.

In the time of ignorance, God always overlooked an offence but once you know the right thing to do and you do not do it, it becomes a sin.

All the people who lied and got away with it lied during the time of ignorance. Please as a Christian I will support lying but saying the truth because it will be counted against you.

Check Acts 17:28-30.
So what do you advise
as a present day Christian, what would you have done if you were in her shoes?
coz someting like this do happen often.
To the essence that I don't know if I did the right thing be it to your company boss, career etc..
I really don't know.
Still praying for understanding

modified
thanks for the bible verse, Now I understand.
But let come to this era, What if it was so now as I said above?
Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by remainhidden: 11:56am On Feb 24, 2017
Martinez19:
The prostitute was not under the law. She was not yet part of God's people.
suppose we were under the law then?
Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by remainhidden: 11:56am On Feb 24, 2017
jonbellion:
It was only right if the Abrahamic God commanded it
Afterall it was totally cool to wipe out the people of Jericho both men women and children and let the one person that betrayed her people to help barbaric savages to take lands that did not belong to them live and marry one of your sons despite this being explicitly forbidden (Deuteronomy 7:3)
smiley
what is your point bro?
Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by jonbellion(m): 11:57am On Feb 24, 2017
remainhidden:

what is your point bro?
lol sarcasm
Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by Martinez19(m): 11:59am On Feb 24, 2017
remainhidden:

suppose we were under the law then?
I see the Bible as bullshit. I just reasoned that out.
Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by remainhidden: 11:59am On Feb 24, 2017
jonbellion:
lol sarcasm
Funny u
are you a Christian or ?
Sorry for asking
Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by Babacele: 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
incrizz your kinda food don done here, oya come chop.
Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by remainhidden: 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
Martinez19:
I see the Bible as bullshit. I just reasoned that out.
you must be an atheist then.
It your choice
Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by Incrizz(f): 12:19pm On Feb 24, 2017
Babacele:
incrizz your kinda food don done here, oya come chop.
Incrizz doesn't do vomitgrin

Why?
The Op, remainhidden, has also sinned against God.
Infact, he's been sinning from childhood!!!

But what did God do?

God sent Jesus to die for him and us all so that the Op, Remain hidden, can be forgiven!

But instead of the Op to have same compassion on fellow Rahab, he goes a judging.

That, is irritating.

I feel as irritated as the King in Matthew 18:23-34.
“The kingdom of God is like a king who decided to square accounts with his servants.
As he got under way, one servant was brought before him who had run up a debt of a hundred thousand dollars.
He couldn’t pay up, so the king ordered the man, along with his wife, children, and goods, to be auctioned off at the slave market.
“The poor wretch threw himself at the king’s feet and begged, ‘Give me a chance and I’ll pay it all back.’
Touched by his plea, the king let him off, erasing the debt.

“The servant was no sooner out of the room when he came upon one of his fellow servants who owed him ten dollars.
He seized him by the throat and demanded, ‘Pay up. Now!’
“The poor wretch threw himself down and begged, ‘Give me a chance and I’ll pay it all back.’
But he wouldn’t do it.
He had him arrested and put in jail until the debt was paid.

When the other servants saw this going on, they were outraged and brought a detailed report to the king.
“The king summoned the man and said, ‘You evil servant! I forgave your entire debt when you begged me for mercy.
Shouldn’t you be compelled to be merciful to your fellow servant who asked for mercy?’
The king was furious and put the screws to the man until he paid back his entire debt.
Matthew 18:23‭-‬34
Remainhidden may you find mercy before GOD o, before all these bokoharam tormentors come. undecided

Read the story, did the men, who made the deal with her, seek the face of God first before making that vow to her? Nope.

What I mean is, was it an express instruction from Heaven to the men to do so with her?

It was their, the men's, decision.
But God had already given them His own command beforehand on what they should do.

Same with in this present age,
we know God's will but we still go ahead and do ours anyways and then turn around and pass the blame to God!!

Sometimes, when we go about making our own decisions and doing our own thing despite God's clear directive, nothing bad happens to us.

At other times, we suffer dire consequences.
And then God gets the blame. Right?

The same thing the Israelites did to Rahab,
they repeated in Joshua Chapter 9; making a deal with the people of the land without seeking God's face first whereas, God had already given them an express instruction on what they should and SHOULD NOT do.

BUT unlike in Rahab's case,
the deal they struck with the people of the land bit them in the arse; generations unending, before Christ came.

Sad.

1 Like

Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by Thepasserby(m): 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2017
remainhidden:

So what do you advise
as a present day Christian, what would you have done if you were in her shoes?
coz someting like this do happen often.
To the essence that I don't know if I did the right thing be it to your company boss, career etc..
I really don't know.
Still praying for understanding

modified
thanks for the bible verse, Now I understand.
But let come to this era, What if it was so now as I said above?

What we lack in this generation is understanding. There are ways God can help you say the truth without you knowing it. Just allow God to help you that's all. In this era, we are well aware that lying is a sin and if we engage in it, we must surely pay for what we have done.
Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by Thepasserby(m): 12:47pm On Feb 24, 2017
If you need more explanation, please send me a mail. Check my signature for my mail address.
Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by remainhidden: 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2017
@incrizz
I didn't amplify by judging her
Was only asking for more understanding.
we all know we have sinned from childhood doesn't justify we are not righteous by his grace.
thepasserby has already explained all and I was enlightened by what he said.
you didn't understand the context of the question I ask.
question is
what would have done in that circumstances?

Ps: you are right though

1 Like

Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by Babacele: 1:26pm On Feb 24, 2017
Incrizz:

I don't do vomitgrin

Why?
The Op, remainhidden, has also sinned against God.
Infact, he's been sinning from childhood!!!

But what did God do?

God sent Jesus to die for him and us all so that the Op, Remain hidden, can be forgiven!

But instead of the Op to have same compassion on fellow Rahab, he goes a judging.

That, is irritating.

I feel as irritated as the King in Matthew 18:23-34
felt.

Remainhidden may you find mercy before GOD o, before all these bokoharam tormentors come. undecided

Read the story, did the men, who made the deal with her, seek the face of God first before making that vow to her? Nope.

What I mean is, was it an express instruction from Heaven to the men to do so with her?

It was their, the men's, decision.
But God had already given them His own command beforehand on what they should do.

Same with in this present age,
we know God's will but we still go ahead and do ours anyways and then turn around and pass the blame to God!!

Sometimes, when we go about making iur own decisions and doing our own thing despite God's clear directive, nothing bad happens to us.
At other times, we suffer dire consequences.
And then God gets the blame. Right?

The same thing the Israelites did to Rahab, they repeated in Joshua Chapter 9;
making a deal with the people of the land without seeking God's face first.

BUT unlike in Rahab's case, the deal bit them in the arse. Generations unending before Christ came.

Sad
hmmmmm...incrizz, incrizz. so isreal- Palestine debacle nko?
Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by Incrizz(f): 1:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
remainhidden:
@incrizz
I didn't amplify by judging her
Was only asking for more understanding.
we all know we have sinned from childhood doesn't justify we are not righteous by his grace.
thepasserby has already explained all and I was enlightened by what he said.
you didn't understand the context of the question I ask.
question is
what would have done in that circumstances?

Ps: you are right though
Aww..sorry then.

Babacele see what you caused embarassed

Ps
Always take God's side even when you don't understand it.

God is True.

And if you don't understand it, seek HIS face in reverence and humility and
HE will make it clear to you more than anyone else can.
Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by Incrizz(f): 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2017
Babacele:
hmmmmm...incrizz, incrizz. so isreal- Palestine debacle nko?
Wo, me I no know o. undecided
Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by Babacele: 2:42pm On Feb 24, 2017
Incrizz:

Aww..sorry then.

Ps

God is True.

my dearest CRK mistress...wetin I cause?
Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by Babacele: 2:44pm On Feb 24, 2017
Incrizz:
Wo, me I no know o. undecided
sweet lie.
Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by Incrizz(f): 2:59pm On Feb 24, 2017
Babacele:
sweet lie.

Sweet lie?
aha..aha..ahahaha

Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by remainhidden: 5:08pm On Feb 24, 2017
Incrizz:

Aww..sorry then.

Ps

God is True.

Thanks hun
have you been in such a situation?
Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by Incrizz(f): 6:48pm On Feb 24, 2017
remainhidden:

Thanks hun
have you been in such a situation?
*thinks hard* no, 'haven't been..
Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by Image123(m): 7:08pm On Feb 24, 2017
remainhidden:

Was she saved for lying?
Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by Image123(m): 7:12pm On Feb 24, 2017
remainhidden:
Thanks hun have you been in such a situation?
A Christian's example should be Jesus, not Rehab. What would Jesus do?
Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by Babacele: 8:01pm On Feb 24, 2017
Incrizz:

Sweet lie? aha..aha..ahahaha
photo intimidation continues
Re: Battling With This Question Ever Since by remainhidden: 11:17am On Feb 25, 2017
@Luvmijeje
Thanks alot for this article.
Now I fully understand

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Say to a Claim Average people use 10% Of their Mind's Capabilities? / So Sad! Radical Muslim Group Kills Young Man For Being An Atheist / If Jesus Was God, How Could He Pray To God? Was Jesus Praying To Himself?”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.