Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,197 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

RE: Battling With This Question Ever Since - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RE: Battling With This Question Ever Since (449 Views)

Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him / Battling With This Question Ever Since (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RE: Battling With This Question Ever Since by luvmijeje(f): 7:12am On Feb 25, 2017
I read the below article yesterday and I want to illuminate God's words on it. This is the link to the article which was posted by remainhidden.. .
https://www.nairaland.com/3647802/battling-question-ever-since
I was reading through my bible in Joshua 2 vs 1 upward
The king sent someone to find the spies hiding at Rahab house.
But instead she lied about their where about when instead she hiding them in the roof..

question is What she did , was it right or wrong for her actions?
She lied to safeguard them..
But bible said we shouldn't lie
rather she was saved at the end for just the action she took

Joshua 2:9-13 says

And she said unto the men, I know that the Lord hath given you the land, and that your terror is fallen upon us, and that all the inhabitants of the land faint because of you.

10 For we have heard how the Lord dried up the water of the Red sea for you, when ye came out of Egypt; and what ye did unto the two kings of the Amorites, that were on the other side Jordan, Sihon and Og, whom ye utterly destroyed.

11 And as soon as we had heard these things, our hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more courage in any man, because of you: for the Lord your God, he is God in heaven above, and in earth beneath.

12 Now therefore, I pray you, swear unto me by the Lord, since I have shewed you kindness, that ye will also shew kindness unto my father's house, and give me a true token:

13 And that ye will save alive my father, and my mother, and my brethren, and my sisters, and all that they have, and deliver our lives from death.

Rehab was a self opportunist. She hides the Isrealites not because she has good heart. She knows if she didn't do it she will still die. In verse 11, as soon we heard, there was no more courage. Meaning before the spies step foot on their land they've given up hope. The wise among them have started looking for opportunities to escape. Rehab saw it and made use of it for herself.

Now as Christians what if we found ourselves in Rehab's shoe. The reason why people lie is because firstly, we want to please man, secondly because we are afraid, thirdly we want to please or preserve ourselves, fourthly, no reason but you just can't stop lying. I pick it one by one :

1. Iying To Please Man
Gen 26:7-10 says

7 When the men of that place asked him about his wife, he said, “She is my sister,” because he was afraid to say, “She is my wife.” He thought, “The men of this place might kill me on account of Rebekah, because she is beautiful.”

8 When Isaac had been there a long time, Abimelek king of the Philistines looked down from a window and saw Isaac caressing his wife Rebekah. 9 So Abimelek summoned Isaac and said, “She is really your wife! Why did you say, ‘She is my sister’?”

Isaac answered him, “Because I thought I might lose my life on account of her.”

10 Then Abimelek said, “What is this you have done to us? One of the men might well have slept with your wife, and you would have brought guilt upon us.”

Isaac lied in order to please man unknowingly to him, he doesn't even need it because God has already turned the heart of man to favour him. You can't serve God and he will not make a way for you or make man to be at peace with you. Pro 16:7 says
When a man's ways please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.
So why lie?

2.Iying Because Of Fear

Gen 12:11-13
11 And it came to pass, when he was close to entering Egypt, that he said to Sarai his wife, “Indeed I know that you are a woman of beautiful countenance. 12 Therefore it will happen, when the Egyptians see you, that they will say, ‘This is his wife’; and they will kill me, but they will let you live. 13 Please say you are my sister, that it may be well with me for your sake, and that I may live because of you.”
Abraham lied to preserve his life. He underestimated the power of God. He belittled God in his power by believing in power of men to kill rather than in the power of God to totally destroy effortlessly. And there was a repercussions in Gen 13:17-19
17 But the Lord plagued Pharaoh and his house with great plagues because of Sarai, Abram’s wife. 18 And Pharaoh called Abram and said, “What is this you have done to me? Why did you not tell me that she was your wife? 19 Why did you say, ‘She is my sister’? I might have taken her as my wife. Now therefore, here is your wife; take her and go your way.”
In trying to preserve his life due to fear his helpers turned back against him and they sent him out Egypt.

3. Iying To Please Ourselves

That was the case of rehab but there was a child of God that also acted to preserve his life in 1st Samuel 21:12-15
12 And David laid up these words in his heart, and was sore afraid of Achish the king of Gath.

13 And he changed his behaviour before them, and feigned himself mad in their hands, and scrabbled on the doors of the gate, and let his spittle fall down upon his beard.

14 Then said Achish unto his servants, Lo, ye see the man is mad: wherefore then have ye brought him to me?

15 Have I need of mad men, that ye have brought this fellow to play the mad man in my presence? shall this fellow come into my house?

Do you see the questions in verse 15. Have I need of a mad? Shall this fellow come into my house? Meaning God has already prepared the heart of Achish to favored him before David took situation into his hands and missed out on God's blessing at that moment.

4.Iying For No Reason

You always feel the urge to
lie for no reason .. .. ... You just lie to make your self feel good. There's also a danger to that in Act 5:3-5
3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”

5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened.

The most dangerous lie to commit is lying to God. so if you are in the habit of lying the devil will one push you to lie to God and will all saw the end in verse 5.

In conclusion, Don't help God. Always seek the face of God before you take any decision and don't lie to please men or to please yourself . In psalm 118:6

The Lord is on my side. I will not fear. What can man do to me
Re: RE: Battling With This Question Ever Since by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 25, 2017
OP, this ur post, Long pass River Niger and third mainland bridge ooo and worst is i dnt even undastand ur Write up
Re: RE: Battling With This Question Ever Since by DonaldGenes(m): 7:22am On Feb 25, 2017
What really is your question
Re: RE: Battling With This Question Ever Since by luvmijeje(f): 7:51am On Feb 25, 2017
Hopefully the above 2 will be the only 2 who will refused to read before making comment.
Re: RE: Battling With This Question Ever Since by remainhidden: 11:19am On Feb 25, 2017
luvmijeje:
Hopefully the above 2 will be the only 2 who will refused to read before making comment.

yea Cox I think some people hardly have time for God again.
you wrote jos chap 1 instead of 2

thanks alot for the article
Re: RE: Battling With This Question Ever Since by luvmijeje(f): 1:11pm On Feb 25, 2017
remainhidden:

yea Cox I think some people hardly have time for God again.
you wrote jos chap 1 instead of 2

thanks alot for the article

You are welcome.
Re: RE: Battling With This Question Ever Since by Brigance(m): 7:17pm On Feb 25, 2017
You forgot that the same Rahab was named amongst the Heroes of Faith in Hebrews 11.

(1) (Reply)

OMG! Woman Gave Birth To A Goat / A Cry For My People (ag Nigeria) / Apostle Suleman Is Innocent, I Don’t Know Festus Keyamo – Stephanie Otobo Opens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.