Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) (41713 Views)

My Experience At NIMC Enrollment Centre, Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri. / Maiduguri Residents Pick Ice As Rain Falls (Photos) / Man Baths With Fruit Juice ─ Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by doskie(m): 3:41pm On Feb 24, 2017
Drversatile:
Commendable , but it really showed how backward we are. In this age and time, bathing for a grown up?

I weep for my country cry cry cry
ah! I was just scrolling for a sensible comment then i saw yours and smiled. Nigerians are funny people. Instead of putting off the tap pumping water in a room first, they start by mopping the floor. If you bathe a grown up almajiri today, what about tomorrow? But if he is empowered socially and financially, then gradually he will bathe himself. Thanks Wiseman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 24, 2017
Ritual cleansing. grin
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by madridguy(m): 3:53pm On Feb 24, 2017
Al-majiri are children roaming around the street in the north. They've been sent away by their parent at tender age and you see them going around with plate begging for food, food, cloth and others. They're miscreant causing majority of crisis in the north. You will see a full grown up guy roaming around, dirty and unkempt. I wish I could talk more but I have to stop here. Any question?

Raintaker:

What is the meaning of Almajiri?
and why do they refer to the kids as Almajiri
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by yashau(m): 4:02pm On Feb 24, 2017
jennifer22:
I am getting there I must make FTC today
you're already there, congratulations..
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by dejavuh0007(m): 4:06pm On Feb 24, 2017
birth ko born ni. olodo oshi
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by AgentGoat: 4:08pm On Feb 24, 2017
amtalkin:

grin grin grin
We just have to carry them along biko
Bathing completely naked is not part of hausa culture. Even if it's not cultural thing. You want to him to snap unclad boy and show the world?

Have you traveled out of your village before?
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Blackfire(m): 4:09pm On Feb 24, 2017
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Because banning has become their new hubby. They aren't happy if they don't ban unjustifiably. By the way, don't expect a response.

am really trying not to be a bad guy here
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Nigeriadondie: 4:11pm On Feb 24, 2017
Drversatile:
Commendable , but it really showed how backward we are. In this age and time, bathing for a grown up?

I weep for my country cry cry cry
uu

U dont know that Nigeria is so hopeless and futureless
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Nigeriadondie: 4:13pm On Feb 24, 2017
AgentGoat:
Bathing completely naked is not part of hausa culture. Even if it's not cultural thing. You want to him to snap unclad boy and show the world?

Have you traveled out of your village before?

Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Raintaker(m): 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
madridguy:
Al-majiri are children roaming around the street in the north. They've been sent away by their parent at tender age and you see them going around with plate begging for food, food, cloth and others. They're miscreant causing majority of crisis in the north. You will see a full grown up guy roaming around, dirty and unkempt. I wish I could talk more but I have to stop here. Any question?

Wow thanks for this explanation
But why would the parents send their kids away
do they beleive they brought them bad lucks or what
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 24, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
who is almajiiri?
U grin tongue
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 24, 2017

Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 24, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:

hahahahahaha thank you tongue
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 24, 2017
prettythicksme:
hahahahahaha thank you tongue
brown roof
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 24, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
brown roof
grin e no pain me
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by mikolo80: 4:22pm On Feb 24, 2017
Hades2016:
Na food and to carry plate da beg up and down dem sabiiiii grin
you think it's by your power you were not born in the north to unfortunate parents ba. May you never be tested
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 24, 2017
prettythicksme:
grin e no pain me
gbenusoun. I swear e pain you
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 24, 2017
mikolo80:
you think it's by your power you were not born in the north to unfortunate parents ba. May you never be tested
This man is here cheesy
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 24, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
gbenusoun. I swear e pain you
I go catch u for corner,stubborn boy. grin grin i will tell my boys to beat up ehnn,ur eyes go swell up.
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 24, 2017
prettythicksme:
I go catch u for corner,stubborn boy. grin grin i will tell my boys to beat up ehnn,ur eyes go swell up.
Hehehehe even if I be drum and you be Sarz on the beat, you still no go fit beat me
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 24, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Hehehehe even if I be drum and you be Sarz on the beat, you still no go fit beat me
Heheheheheehe u go soon knw tongue
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 24, 2017
prettythicksme:
Heheheheheehe u go soon knw tongue
e pepper her. Awa pepper dem gang tongue tongue tongue
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 24, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
e pepper her. Awa pepper dem gang tongue tongue tongue
angry cry cry cheesy
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 24, 2017
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 24, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
kiss kiss kiss
Dont bribe me,not working tho. grin angry
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Exciton(m): 4:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
How in fvck's name is this commendable? washing them like dogs.

And what's the key reason for the inhumane treatment rife in our nation? Overpopulation + poor education. Idiots won't stop multiplying like viruses. Marrying and fucking and suffering and dying. That's the low quality life we've condemned ourselves to.

I don't understand why these people don't get the fact that overpopulation + poor education + limited resources = insecurity + famine + increased lack of empathy + perpetuity of the poverty cycle.

Spoke with these children when I served in Borno. Most don't even know their age.

Almajiri style of education and Sharia has to be banned in Nigeria. Four children max. has to become law in Naija. The government needs to enforce a common standard of education across all states and it must be compulsory up till sec. school.

Imagine how different our society would look if every Nigerian citizen had to take these courses throughout senior sec school level: 1. critical reasoning (to be skeptical and be able to spot a lie no matter how nice the lie sounds or looks), 2. empathy (to prevent rash actions/judgement on others by being able to place oneself in another's shoes), 3. government (to know our rights and responsibilities as a citizen), and 4. history (so we understand that culture and religion aren't special).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by donbenie(m): 4:46pm On Feb 24, 2017
Raintaker:
They were actually sent out to go and learn knowledge under Imams as per the Islamic injunction to go as far as China in the pursuit of knowledge,thus you can see these children being sent from as far as Kano to Sokoto under the guise of seeking knowledge..
All in all,these people born without any responsibility and discard the children under some Islamic excuse to escape their duties as parents..
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by madridguy(m): 5:07pm On Feb 24, 2017
It is based on some religious belief which is archaic and barbaric. Al-Majiri is an Arab word Al-Muhajeer which literally means traveler. So what their parent do is that they send their wards from Borno to Kano, while Kano parent will send theirs to Kaduna under one islamic scholar " Mualeem " alfa with no source of income and the alfa leave them to source for their food through begging. I have a lot to say but typing on phone is so stressful.

Are you clear?

Raintaker:
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 24, 2017
Johnsown1:
Why is it that people of the north/almejiri likes begging, so lazy.
The other day custom storm peoples shop,carried their rice and oil then gave it to the almejeris, what are they still doing at the Federal IDP camp. why can't they can't go to school or trade.
oga if your papa na "shoemaker" or gateman for calabar, your mama na unemployed, uneducated full time housewife and you have 10 other brothers like you which school can u go?like their fathers they only go to islamic school to learn about the koran and islam and live a simple righteous life and cont the cycle when its time....no need for western education
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 24, 2017
BrutalJab:
Shebi most past leaders are from that side

Yet their life still dey like this.
do u think what they did to the igbos during the biafran war will go unpunished? Their suffering are just beginning including the yorubas... I still don't care if you come from these two tribe
Re: Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) by assana: 5:54pm On Feb 24, 2017
Blackfire:
yet he would be the first to be decapitated when that madness enter their brain.

to the MOD why was I banned some days ago?
becos ur name in NL is Blackfire and ur village people are after you, hence NLs are not safe grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Sits In Tyres On An Okada (Photos) / Truck Crushes Man's Car In Calabar, As He Goes To Ease Himself Inside Bush / Young Man Poses Inside A Casket (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.