Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,795 members, 7,851,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:15 AM

Should Local Government Claim Operational Licence For Incorporated Companies? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should Local Government Claim Operational Licence For Incorporated Companies? (288 Views)

Tax Obligations Of Sole Proprietorships, Partnerships And Incorporated Companies / CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week / Development Bank Of Nigeria Granted Operational Licence By CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Local Government Claim Operational Licence For Incorporated Companies? by Nobody: 1:08am On Feb 25, 2017
I have been bothered by my experience with the flood of tax demands confronting business owners in Nigeria, particularly incorporated companies. I understand that the tax of companies incorporated by the CAC belongs to the FIRS (federal government), while the State claims the personal income tax an the Local government the tenement rates and operational license for non-CAC incorporated ventures and business premises. But this is against my experience running a company over the past three years.

Can anyone please shed light on this grey area. Should the local government ask incorporated companies for operational license/taxes?
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Increase Sales By Advertising Your Business Using Whiteboard Animation... / Hazard Of Purchasing Land By Yourself / Fiverr/paypal Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.