Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (879773 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 9:40pm On Apr 23, 2017
Ayomiyde:
Hello peeps, I submitted my application since August last year and I have not heard anything from dem. I wrote to them several times and the response I get is dat it's still within standard processing time. I am fed up, and I am considering withdrawing my application. Pls any advice from d house
Please gurus who has anything to say about this issue? It's getting to 8months... If it were to be a Nigerian institution we will accuse it of incompetence! This is beyond incompetence!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 23, 2017
Austinpee4:

1. Okay. That's still fine.

2. I don't think there is a part of the questionare where one has to fill in the amount of income. Make sure you are using the correct one for Nigerian applicants.

Thank you, its the IMM5832E form for Lagos Visa office, Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by honeyscottage(m): 9:58pm On Apr 23, 2017
Austinpee4:

You should fill accordingly. Room=max value(9,538.48)

Book, student fees and personal expenses =others. i.e 600+410+3000=4010.

Funds available should be TUITION+ROOM+OTHERS( add btw 1000-2000CAD for transportation funds and miscellenous)

You should be fine. The 10,000CAD required from CIC is a one time figure for living expenses. The breakdown has shown how it will be expended. I'll also advice you have alittle more in your SOA than you declare as FUND available.

You are to fill in figures for the FIRST YEAR since you have a sponsor.

Regards.

Thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wolfrine(m): 10:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
Hello House, I really appreciate the efforts being made to answer every question in this tread. My situation is, I graduated in 2010 electrical electronics engr in Nig, have 5 years experience in the Telecom industry. I just applied in humber college for a graduate Certificate program in Wireless Telecommunications.
What are job prospects when I graduate, also I have some cisco certifications(ccnp). Any reply will be appreciated.
Gracias
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:51pm On Apr 23, 2017
Sugaro:

Pls just to be double sure, in my case I have two sponsors, and do I also need to print my statement of account to show the transferred fund as evidence of sponsor's commitment? (that would mean 3 SOA in total)
Yes. It will show you have the funds made available to you as declared by sponsor. There is no limit to the number of SOA to submit. Add as much that will boost your chances and show evidence that you have funds already with you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:55pm On Apr 23, 2017
LightandDarkness:

Thank you, its the IMM5832E form for Lagos Visa office, Nigeria
You are not supposed to fill this part of the form.This part is now obsolete and not required. I think the part to fill is from page 17-19 (where you have have to print and fill with a pen).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 23, 2017
Austinpee4:

You are not supposed to fill this part of the form.This part is now obsolete and not required. I think the part to fill is from page 17-19 (where you have have to print and fill with a pen).

I was unaware thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 11:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
wolfrine:
Hello House, I really appreciate the efforts being made to answer every question in this tread. My situation is, I graduated in 2010 electrical electronics engr in Nig, have 5 years experience in the Telecom industry. I just applied in humber college for a graduate Certificate program in Wireless Telecommunications.
What are job prospects when I graduate, also I have some cisco certifications(ccnp). Any reply will be appreciated.
Gracias
Before you even think of Job prospects, you should consider your visa chances. With your years of experience, your best bet will be a master degree. Most technologically-driven PGC/D program are work place focused. You already have some years of experience in a related field with your undergraduate, so a big question will be 'Why a PGC'? You are not new to the field so why do you intend to get work place entry knowledge in an area you have both undergraduate and work experience in already?

If you can satisfactorily point out the rationale behind the decision to go for your intended program after your years of experience and undergraduate study then a visa officer may see reasons to grant you a study permit to pursue this program otherwise, you stand a great risk of purpose of visit refusal if you can't convince them about your intention to study the program and how it will further give you advancement in a career you have mastery already from both undergraduate and work experience. Your best chance is with a master degree admission which will give you more competitive advantage upon completion.

This is not to say the PGC is impossible, the burden of conviction lies in your wordings and supporting documents.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 11:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Please gurus who has anything to say about this issue? It's getting to 8months... If it were to be a Nigerian institution we will accuse it of incompetence! This is beyond incompetence!

He/she should try and write dem again and pls b detailed in d write up with ur name, pp number, application number etc...Processing times can vary, depending on how many applications IRCC receives during dat period and some time applications are delayed if it’s not complete ( Documents submitted ).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dimpules8: 12:28am On Apr 24, 2017
Sugaro:

Pls just to be double sure, in my case I have two sponsors, and do I also need to print my statement of account to show the transferred fund as evidence of sponsor's commitment? (that would mean 3 SOA in total)

Definitely Yes with explanations in letter of sponsorship from the sponsor who transferred the funds to u and probably in your sop/loe.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dimpules8: 12:36am On Apr 24, 2017
Austinpee4:

Please is this stated anywhere as I too am not aware of this information

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jasondavidz1: 5:43am On Apr 24, 2017
Holyfield1:
I just wanna confirm something bro, Did you touched down at the province your school is exactly, Hope their won't be a problem at the POE, If one was admitted at a university in Nova Scotia but decided to drop at Ontario?

I suggest that you arrive at nova Scotia first and head back to Toronto(I presume). this will save you from harsh questioning from the border officials .A friend once had an unpleasant experience with them. He was supposed to have arrived in Toronto as stated in his visa application but the dude wanted to have a feel of French Canada so he decided to stop over @Montreal...well he got the bashing of his life and was almost sent home(it was after the Paris terrorist attacks that killed and maimed hundreds and the Canadian border officials were on red alert)

so bro arrive in Nova Scotia(assuming that's your school location) and then take a bus down to Toronto(this would enable you take up and totally enjoy the beautiful Canadian landscape...well that's if you are an outdoor nature loving person).

shalom

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 7:14am On Apr 24, 2017
dimpules8:

Please is this stated anywhere as I too am not aware of this information
That picture is the earlier part of the lagos visa office instruction form IMM 5832E with the questionaire for nigerian applicants which was previously used in time past for study permit application.

That PART of the form is now obsolete and replaced by the current IMM 1294E. So nigerian applicants are to only print out the questionaire part and fill will a pen when applying through paper route. i.e the part that have questions like

"How does your program differ from the one in nigeria"

"How long will it take to complete your program"

This is the questionaire section to be printed and completed with a pen. Page 17-18/19 of the LAGOS VISA OFFICE instruction IMM 5832E.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hurricanesgrace: 8:00am On Apr 24, 2017
Plz hous, I need ur help,
Am applying to northern british columbia university, and I was told to get a reference letter from a social works related job here in Nigeria. Plz if u can help wit a reference letter from SOS or any other social works related as the deadline is today Monday. Tnx and God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 8:24am On Apr 24, 2017
Ayomiyde:
Hello peeps, I submitted my application since August last year and I have not heard anything from dem. I wrote to them several times and the response I get is dat it's still within standard processing time. I am fed up, and I am considering withdrawing my application. Pls any advice from d house
How is 8 months within the standard processing time for God sake? pls mail them again as u have nothing to loose. even if person get Belle since August she suppose don born poking or almost born

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 8:30am On Apr 24, 2017
Sugaro:

the number of SOA doesn't matter bro as long long as it serves a purpose and will increase ur chances, include them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 8:54am On Apr 24, 2017
mcobex:
the number of SOA doesn't matter bro as long long as it serves a purpose and will increase ur chances, include them

Kk thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 8:55am On Apr 24, 2017
dimpules8:

Definitely Yes with explanations in letter of sponsorship from the sponsor who transferred the funds to u and probably in your sop/loe.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 8:56am On Apr 24, 2017
[quote author=Austinpee4 post=55854665]
Yes. It will show you have the funds made available to you as declared by sponsor. There is no limit to the number of SOA to submit. Add as much that will boost your chances and show evidence that you have funds already with you. [/quote

Kk thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 8:57am On Apr 24, 2017
Austinpee4:

Yes. It will show you have the funds made available to you as declared by sponsor. There is no limit to the number of SOA to submit. Add as much that will boost your chances and show evidence that you have funds already with you.

Kk thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Omodollyp: 9:30am On Apr 24, 2017
Goodmoring everyone.

Do I have to add sponsors declaration to my letter of sponsorship?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hurricanesgrace: 9:35am On Apr 24, 2017
Anybody wit a help plz. Tnx

hurricanesgrace:
Plz hous, I need ur help,
Am applying to northern british columbia university, and I was told to get a reference letter from a social works related job here in Nigeria. Plz if u can help wit a reference letter from SOS or any other social works related as the deadline is today Monday. Tnx and God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 9:57am On Apr 24, 2017
Medical Mail received. 24/4/2017.

It will end in praises for all of us.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 10:09am On Apr 24, 2017
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
2. Sundaydammy submission 13th oct, 2016 paper PGD mohawk college,
3. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
4. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
5. Ayoola03, 12th Jan, MESc UofWestern Ontario, paper route, Upfront Medical (passed).
6.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
7. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route.
8. Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
9. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals.
10. Yemdogg, February 21, MA, CMU, Paper Route.
11. Piethewitch, March 8th, ....Durham College, Paper route, Medical mail 24th March.
12. Proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.
13. Akanmu2013, 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
14. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed.
15. Maxicon, March 14, PGD UWinnipeg, Upfront Medical, Paper route
16. Canadian nurse, March 28,university of Manitoba, paper route.
17. Kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
18. aliACCA, March 31, MA, UoM, Paper Route, Upfront Medical Passed.
19. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical passed.
20. Maziude, April 17th, phd, uottawa,onliine route, Medical mail on 24/04/2017.
21. Kranjar, April 18, MA, UNB, paper route, upfront medical.
22. Ope100, April 19th, College Diploma, Holland College, Online route.

Congrats to those approved, the delayed should repackage, restrategise, and reapply.

when you submit your TRV Application kindly update the house on your timeline.

It will end with praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tysaxmalomo: 10:10am On Apr 24, 2017
Who here is at the Children's practice, ikoyi??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 10:11am On Apr 24, 2017
maziude:

Congrats!

It is time. Let the good news flow in Lord.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tysaxmalomo: 10:14am On Apr 24, 2017
maziude:

CONGRATS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by fembas316(m): 10:23am On Apr 24, 2017
maziude:

Congrats Maziude! When are you expected to commence your programme?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ayos16: 10:25am On Apr 24, 2017
HI GUYS
I RECEIVED A MAIL THAT MY PROCESSED PASSPORT HAS BEING FORWARDED TO THE VISA CENTRE
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 10:26am On Apr 24, 2017
maziude:

CONGRATS!!! that was fast grin cheesy wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 10:44am On Apr 24, 2017
fembas316:

Congrats Maziude! When are you expected to commence your programme?
Thanks.

Starting this september
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:49am On Apr 24, 2017
maziude:

Such speed!!! Congrats bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.