Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (880273 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 5:18pm On Apr 26, 2017
miella:

There is a thread for ielts..'preparing for Ielts' you can download materials from the thread. Then use ieltsliz.com and ieltsbuddy.com to practice. Are you writing academics or general?
Thanks alot, do appreciate am writing general.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Joshcoli(m): 5:20pm On Apr 26, 2017
Austinpee4:

A very important question you would likely answer either with evidence or a strong statement of intent/purpose is the rationale behind the decison to go for this program.

You didn't mention if you have any work experience but notwithstanding, the aviation industry has a general shortfall of professionals and most times, there is always need for more of them. I guess you are going for a pgd/pgc in the field and if you can REALLY expantiate further on your choice of this program, you possibly could stand a good chance of getting a study permit.

Let me give you instances to work around when completing your SOP.

1.That since most canadian university(ies) majorly do not accept HND for masters, you decided to apply for your program to enable you get an entry level knowledge for the aviation industry. Also give the citation of PGC/PGD being tailored to meet work place demand.

2. Make reference to the fact that the aviation industry evolution over the past years have seen the combination of all major engineering aspects with electrical engineering being a critical part of it. Dwell on the Avionics since it is the electronic system used on aircraft, artificial satelites and spacecraft which also reflect your intended program. The key thing should be that you know exactly why you are going for the program.

3. Highlight the general nigerian aviation sector in comparism to an environment with more cutting edge technological infrastructure both for learning and practicals. Make factual conclusion on how your study will generally impact you going into the aviation sector and how you intend to make such knowledge applicable in nigeria upon return.

Finally, you can also use the fact that the location of the International Civil Aviation Organization(ICAO) headquarters in Montreal, canada will avail you the opportunity to relate and study from seasoned experts from all part of the word while you study and project your aviation desirables. Your PURPOSE of going to canada must be convincing before you then consider all your financial capability(ies).

Hope these will be helpful. All the best to you.

This is indeed insightful
I've been trying to draft my SOP and I've been having challenge linking my current job to program I want to apply for

I work for a labour outsourcing company as the human resource support manager (IT/welfare) but as an electrical engineering graduate, how do I relate my kind of Job to these program I'm apply for
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 26, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Judgepelumi(m): 5:37pm On Apr 26, 2017
nelly28:

It allowed. a form will b gvin to him to fill on dat.
When i tried to submit w/o passport at vfs abuja, i was told it wasnt possible and advised i apply online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2017
Judgepelumi:

When i tried to submit w/o passport at vfs abuja, i was told it wasnt possible and advised i apply online

I don't no abt abj vfs, but Lagos vfs has a form u can fill for dat, unless dey recently change such.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 5:54pm On Apr 26, 2017
miella:

Okay. All you need to do is practice! practice!! practice!!!. The exam is simple. I wish you success.
Amen, thanks again. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 26, 2017
I have replied your mail. Thanks
Austinpee4:

You can.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 6:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
Joshcoli:

This is indeed insightful
I've been trying to draft my SOP and I've been having challenge linking my current job to program I want to apply for

I work for a labour outsourcing company as the human resource support manager (IT/welfare) but as an electrical engineering graduate, how do I relate my kind of Job to these program I'm apply for
I wrote all that with the thinking that your current job was in electrical engineering. This is where it will be difficult. Your current job is not engineering related so you will not be able to relate it to your intended program.

Also depending on how long you've been working in your current job, you might want to find a related program to it and leave the Avionics that you seek to study else you risk PURPOSE OF VISIT refusal. Your current activity/work MUST align with what you are seeking study permit to study.

A VO will think, he graduated from electrical engineering, left that and worked in a different field and now want to go for another one in canada?

As as how nau? Based on which logistics?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 6:47pm On Apr 26, 2017
CanadianNurse:

What do you see us as? Children? It's very obvious that the same person owns both monikers and also the same person owns Reussir or whatever you call it! Nobody can guarantee you visa except an excellent application not even the guys collecting your application at VAC! Please this is purely looks like scam and it's not condoned here...... We haven't had a case like this in a while we have been helping one another as brothers and sisters..... Please don't start this rubbish at this point. This is why we discourage the use of agents thereby putting real registered agents out of business and also increasing our processing time to 17 weeks
It has been long uncle @justwise came here may be that's why!

Uncle justwise come and sanitize this place please

@osemigho @thesoj @folaroyal @michv @austinepee4 @nelly28 @yemdogg @eraytee @penitential @mikymiko all of una please help me call @justwise biko

smiling mood activated, Bro u are alrite wen i first saw d post I smiled, well dis same person has more den 3 fake account, wen i check his details...some dude are wicked and funny, na nairaland e wan for com scam, na only low brain like am go buy d FMT, 2 d bro inquest my advice to u is to turn a new leaf because dis ur evil carreer wouldn't favour u. see attach for proof

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Joshcoli(m): 6:50pm On Apr 26, 2017
Austinpee4:

I wrote all that with the thinking that your current job was in electrical engineering. This is where it will be difficult. Your current job is not engineering related so you will not be able to relate it to your intended program.

Also depending on how long you've been working in your current job, you might want to find a related program to it and leave the Avionics that you seek to study else you risk PURPOSE OF VISIT refusal. Your current activity/work MUST align with what you are seeking study permit to study.

A VO will think, he graduated from electrical engineering, left that and worked in a different field and now want to go for another one in canada?

As as how nau? Based on which logistics?

No worries... I'm a HR person, based on logistics I don't think these will be an issue
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by emmsana: 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2017
Joshcoli:

I did my credential evaluation through WES, the only challenge is your school responding to their mails on time. And also you can use NIPOST to send your documents to them, they are reliable

tobyharwe:
Wes is more expensive and cheaper. It took me over 5month to get assessment from icas,
It is stated on icas website that they don't do rush services.

Joshcoli:

I did my credential evaluation through WES, the only challenge is your school responding to their mails on time. And also you can use NIPOST to send your documents to them, they are reliable

Thanks
Like how much are we looking forward to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 7:04pm On Apr 26, 2017
Joshcoli:

No worries... I'm a HR person, based on logistics I don't think these will be an issue
Okay. I also hope you won't forget officers are trained psychologist. Do well to back up all you will be writting with evidence. There is huge discordance in your undergraduate, current job and intended program.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Perotti: 7:35pm On Apr 26, 2017
@osemigho @thesoj @folaroyal @michv @austinepee4 @nelly28 @yemdogg @eraytee @penitential @mikymiko
My big bosses pls i need your help. I had a skype interview with a PI at University of Alberta for PhD. The funding offer is 21k CAD (stipend+tuition) per year. We haven't concluded yet. Got another offer of $22k (stipend only, tuition covered seperately) at Colorado State Uni. Which do I go for? Alberta is of course higher ranked but I can't afford grad studies without funding. Please help.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 7:54pm On Apr 26, 2017
Perotti:
@osemigho @thesoj @folaroyal @michv @austinepee4 @nelly28 @yemdogg @eraytee @penitential @mikymiko
My big bosses pls i need your help. I had a skype interview with a PI at University of Alberta for PhD. The funding offer is 21k CAD (stipend+tuition) per year. We haven't concluded yet. Got another offer of $22k (stipend only, tuition covered seperately) at Colorado State Uni. Which do I go for? Alberta is of course higher ranked but I can't afford grad studies without funding. Please help.
Mr Man, go for what you have at hand presently....I will better go for colorado...Besides, there is no time on your side, you have to order ur I-20 sharply.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 8:09pm On Apr 26, 2017
Hello @emeify. Apologies that I haven't responded.
Unfortunately I have been extremely busy and as a result cannot respond to PMs at this time.
There are other fantastic gurus on this thread that would be able to help. Cheers.
emeify:
@thesoj. I sent you PMs severally. Please can you respond? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 4Gzus: 8:12pm On Apr 26, 2017
Hello guys thanks for a job well done.

I wanna apply for study permit by paper route and all the CIC documents I see on the website (cic.gc.ca) are .pdf files which I can't edit or fill.

Please can someone help me out on how I can get the editable versions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2017
Congrats on the admission and funding to Colorado State Uni (and hopefully University of Alberta as well)!

I want to suggest that since you don't yet have a visa to either country I would propose that you don't choose yet; don't count your chicks before they hatch. Keep trying to get admission and funding to University of Alberta as well.

Also, what is your field of study? Do you know enough about each advisor to know which would be better for your research interest and style? Further, think about other factors too: e.g. cost of living, ease of immigration (assuming there's a legal opportunity to stay after school), etc. In the end, what may decide which school you go to would be funds (or visa). Cheers.

Perotti:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2017
miella:

Okay. All you need to do is practice! practice!! practice!!!. The exam is simple. I wish you success.
Good day fam!
Please I am preparing to write IELTS General tests later this year and I have found it difficult to get materials to help me prepare adequately. Please i'd appreciate if you or anyone can help me with materials to prepare for the exam.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2017
Perotti:
This is quite tight, but as they say "a bird at hand is better than thousands in the bush" if am in your shoes l'll do with what I have presently, the Colorado is good just order for your I-20 and go for your interview. Its a day stuff unlike 17wks wait of IRCC. So my brother pls first go with that lets see the outcome since the process is not a long one in getting the visa.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 26, 2017
Eraytee:

Amen, thanks again. God bless you.
Please can you assist me on how I can get IELTS General tests preparation materials? i'll be very grateful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 8:26pm On Apr 26, 2017
I second this. @Perotti, get the Colorado I-20, but still pursue the University of Alberta admission & funding.
Even if you get the US visa and change your mind, you can still apply for a Canadian TRV with the Alberta funding.
Eraytee:

This is quite tight, but as they say "a big at hand is better than thousands in the bush" if am in your shoes l'll do with what I have presently, the Colorado is good just order for your I-20 and go for your interview. Its a day stuff unlike 17wks wait of IRCC. So my brother pls first go with that lets see the outcome since the process is not a long one in getting the visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 8:28pm On Apr 26, 2017
Yureyes:

Please can you assist me on how I can get IELTS General tests preparation materials? i'll be very grateful
Am also seeking same help as urs here, if u get before me pls let me know and I'll do same .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Perotti: 8:28pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ejaloni123:

Mr Man, go for what you have at hand presently....I will better go for colorado...Besides, there is no time on your side, you have to order ur I-20 sharply.

Merci beaucoup big boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Perotti: 8:29pm On Apr 26, 2017
thesoj:
I second this. @Perotti, get the Colorado I-20, but still pursue the University of Alberta admission & funding.
Even if you get the US visa and change your mind, you can still apply for a Canadian TRV with the Alberta funding.

Thank you sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Perotti: 8:30pm On Apr 26, 2017
Eraytee:

This is quite tight, but as they say "a bird at hand is better than thousands in the bush" if am in your shoes l'll do with what I have presently, the Colorado is good just order for your I-20 and go for your interview. Its a day stuff unlike 17wks wait of IRCC. So my brother pls first go with that lets see the outcome since the process is not a long one in getting the visa.

Thank u big boss. Colorado it is!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 8:34pm On Apr 26, 2017
thesoj:

Exactly, since he already had offer from Colorado I think he should go for it and still pursue that of Alberta, even though Canada for something like this has more prospects as regards immigration policy after study. But d Colorado offer shouldn't be thrown out.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Martins16: 8:39pm On Apr 26, 2017
I applied for canada study permit to enable me do my masters at University of Sakatchewan. I had paid the tuition and fees for one year. Later i got this mail from the embassy. Pleass i need advice 

Due to currency controls in effect in Nigeria, you must provide one of the following: 1) a letter from a Canadian financial institution stating that the funds necessary for the upcoming academic year* are on deposit in the your name and a bank statement for the Canadian account; 2) a bank draft in convertible currency for the funds necessary for the upcoming academic year* made payable jointly to you and the educational institution; or 3) written assurance from the your bank that the funds necessary for the upcoming academic year* are on deposit as well as written assurance from the Central Bank of Nigeria that you will be permitted to export this amount. *For greater clarity, “funds necessary for the upcoming academic year” means the entire tuition for one academic year plus living expenses ($10,000 CAD for 12 months or, if your course is shorter than 12 months, $833 CAD for each month of study).

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.