Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (882030 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by emekavictoreze(m): 8:39pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hello house,
Sorry if I'm digressing from any previous discussion you were having,
I travelled to Abuja for BIOMETRIC CAPTURE (FINGERPRINT AND PHOTOGRAPH)

can someone kindnly give me the address for this. I will be lodging close to chisco park.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kemsure30: 8:45pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hello house
Pls is it compulsory I pay part of my tution
My first application was denied and the school hasn't refunded that cash
Now I want to reapply
Does deposit of tution give a pass mark for TRV

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tobyharwe(m): 9:11pm On Apr 25, 2017
There is a vfs office at silverbird, 2nd floor(beside the Chinese restaurant). Just take a drop to silverbird n save yourself of uneccesary wahala, cabs don't follow the route so you have to pretty much take a drop.

emekavictoreze:
Hello house,
Sorry if I'm digressing from any previous discussion you were having,
I travelled to Abuja for BIOMETRIC CAPTURE (FINGERPRINT AND PHOTOGRAPH)

can someone kindnly give me the address for this. I will be lodging close to chisco park.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwaCanny: 9:32pm On Apr 25, 2017
Kemsure30:
Hello house
Now I want to reapply

ur first application was denied for what reasons?
how much is ur fees and how much have u paid?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 25, 2017
thesoj:
I would in general absolutely not recommend having an SOP that is more than two pages long.

Hmm, yes my bro's SOP was three pages with 1.5 spacing. Which is actually two pages in single spacing.
I felt that his SOP was long, but he was a very complex applicant (no formal job & no funds of his own for the previous three years) and there was a lot to explain. Also, it was written in a way that was very professional and absolutely enjoyable to read.

A 15-page SOP will definitely not be read by the VO. An SOP that long means that you have not been able to distill your explanations into the most concise form possible.

@thesoj. I sent you PMs severally. Please can you respond? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by emekavictoreze(m): 10:23pm On Apr 25, 2017
tobyharwe:
There is a vfs office at silverbird, 2nd floor(beside the Chinese restaurant). Just take a drop to silverbird n save yourself of uneccesary wahala, cabs don't follow the route so you have to pretty much take a drop.

Thank you Sir
But when it comes to the medical tests, are there specified hospitals we should go or are my to use any hospital?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 10:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
Kemsure30:
Hello house
Now I want to reapply

It is not compulsory, but necessary under two factor 1. if u were offered condition LOA stating dat u 've to pay part or wen u are using a third-party sponsor. so deposit of tuition can add a point to ur Trv under dis two factor ( commitment), like an applicant who is having a direct sponsor( parents ).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 10:56pm On Apr 25, 2017
emekavictoreze:

Thank you Sir
But when it comes to the medical tests, are there specified hospitals we should go or are my to use any hospital?

Yes dere are specified clinics 4 CIC med, u must see a doctor on d list of panel physicians, ur own doctor cannot perform d medical exam,
d panel physician will do a complete medical exam, chest x-rays and laboratory tests. Once ur exam is done, d physician will send d result 2 cic.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 11:30pm On Apr 25, 2017
Paper app. Linked online and medical updated
wealth360:

Omo mehn.....Its a tight one ooo. Full funding and you must not loose that funding ooooo. 1.How is your application so far? did you apply online or paper? if it is paper app, have you linked it online? answer all this question first before the full gurus for hus talk put.
sharp sharp answer cos May 8 is close by
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 1soul(m): 11:51pm On Apr 25, 2017
Please can I submit church marriage or must it be court marriage cert? I just have that of church with me and that's the only thing left for me to submit my app.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 12:08am On Apr 26, 2017
1soul:
Please can I submit church marriage or must it be court marriage cert? I just have that of church with me and that's the only thing left for me to submit my app.

Bro yea it allowed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by westgermany: 12:15am On Apr 26, 2017
Hello great people ,please I need help the only person that I believe would stand as sponsor for me is actin up .these is the third time am applying into a school in Canada and these time around I was given admission my problem now is getting documents to complete my visa processed and my program starts by September....pls I need help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 2:35am On Apr 26, 2017
Hiccups:

Thank you very much. I am interested in University of Toronto and University of British Columbia. My chances of rounding up MSC in UK with over 85% CGPA is positive. I have not published any Journal yet, though my University may published one of my work, any idea if this can affect my chances of gaining admission into these two universities?

UBC is really good to go once you have a supervisor.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 2:47am On Apr 26, 2017
Austinpee4:

That picture is the earlier part of the lagos visa office instruction form IMM 5832E with the questionaire for nigerian applicants which was previously used in time past for study permit application.

That PART of the form is now obsolete and replaced by the current IMM 1294E. So nigerian applicants are to only print out the questionaire part and fill will a pen when applying through paper route. i.e the part that have questions like

"How does your program differ from the one in nigeria"

"How long will it take to complete your program"

This is the questionaire section to be printed and completed with a pen. Page 17-18/19 of the LAGOS VISA OFFICE instruction IMM 5832E.

So do you mean we have to leave the other parts which includes amount blank?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 2:49am On Apr 26, 2017
tysaxmalomo:
Who here is at the Children's practice, ikoyi??

I'm here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 2:53am On Apr 26, 2017
Kemsure30:
Hello house
Please I need someone I can give Canadian dollars and naira would be sent to Nigeria
Please it's urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Hiccups: 4:24am On Apr 26, 2017
Rocorleone:

UBC is really good to go once you have a supervisor.

I really don't know much about this two universities other than what I gather online, I will like to speak to anyone who's been to any of these two. Do you have any idea what the process of finding supervisor at UBC is?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by blazeO07: 6:09am On Apr 26, 2017
mcobex:
bro admission if way different from trv as must of the visa officer's don't really make research on things like that, so u must have to explain in details in ur sop the relationship between both courses and let him understand . that's my point .aspa u not working u can tell the vo that u have been been doing voluntary work(maybe helping ur parents in family business) but don't leave an unexplained gap for the vo

OK bro thanks so much I appreciate, will explain it well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 7:36am On Apr 26, 2017
Does the time of application affect the processing time? Let's say I applied when the processing time was 11 weeks, after waiting for good 5 weeks the processing time was changed to 16 weeks, do one need to wait for an additional 11 weeks instead of the 6 weeks one was having left?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adefolakemi: 7:47am On Apr 26, 2017
westgermany:
Hello great people ,please I need help the only person that I believe would stand as sponsor for me is actin up .these is the third time am applying into a school in Canada and these time around I was given admission my problem now is getting documents to complete my visa processed and my program starts by September....pls I need help

You have to look for another sponsor that has good financial strength and will be ready to give you sufficient documents for your application. I don't think there is anyone on this forum that can act as your sponsor. Also, try to avoid agents that claim they can help you and they will provide statement of account for you.
Since your school resumes in September, you should try to get a new sponsor before the end of May because 'time is going'.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 7:49am On Apr 26, 2017
processing time now 17weeks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 7:55am On Apr 26, 2017
Eraytee:
processing time now 17weeks
Study permit, it was just an instance I gave...Do you have any idea on how it works?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chigrad: 8:12am On Apr 26, 2017
Hello house,is it normal not to have been updated on one's medical status after 3 months of upfront medicals was submitted together with the application. Anyone been in such situation before?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 8:25am On Apr 26, 2017
Ejaloni123:

Study permit, it was just an instance I gave...Do you have any idea on how it works?
to my best knowledge, the processing time is the time frame for you to hear the outcome of your submitted application, which differs from one applicant to another depending on your case scenario, it all solely rest on who is handling your application (VO).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 8:40am On Apr 26, 2017
Eraytee:

to my best knowledge, the processing time is the time frame for you to hear the outcome of your submitted application, which differs from one applicant to another depending on your case scenario, it all solely rest on who is handling your application (VO).

Lol, you did not do justice to my question ooooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jj17cv(m): 8:48am On Apr 26, 2017
Cic this is too much 17 weeks no wonder why some application takes 9months
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Everest1989(m): 8:51am On Apr 26, 2017
is anybody applying for Windsor university here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by westgermany: 9:17am On Apr 26, 2017
Adefolakemi:

You have to look for another sponsor that has good financial strength and will be ready to give you sufficient documents for your application. I don't think there is anyone on this forum that can act as your sponsor. Also, try to avoid agents that claim they can help you and they will provide statement of account for you.
Since your school resumes in September, you should try to get a new sponsor before the end of May because 'time is going'.
thanks,also am thinking if its possible to use my place of work as sponsor although the would aware so that I can get all neccesary documents from them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 10:01am On Apr 26, 2017
Ejaloni123:
Does the time of application affect the processing time? Let's say I applied when the processing time was 11 weeks, after waiting for good 5 weeks the processing time was changed to 16 weeks, do one need to wait for an additional 11 weeks instead of the 6 weeks one was having left?
U don't have to wait cox ur application could be concluded before the new update of processing time u c after u submitted but put your mind that ur application wud be btw d new updates of processing time as u see it on the website of IRCC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 10:02am On Apr 26, 2017
Ejaloni123:

Lol, you did not do justice to my question ooooo.
Lol just saw ur question anyways but all still join brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:44am On Apr 26, 2017
Ejaloni123:
YES, any updated processing time applies to all existing and new application. A final decision on your application can be reached WITHIN any processing time displayed by IRCC. Each weekly update shows the MAXIMUM time it took the visa office to process the VOLUME of application during that period.

So it's just a window period to make a decison on each application. A decision could come earlier within this period or later within it or in few cases exceeding the processing times (depending on the circumstance).

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.