Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (880613 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samjumbo: 1:27pm On May 25, 2017
Oluwatomisin121:
Hi Nlanders, pls I want your opinion
My situation:
Fiancee just got admitted to Uni of Sak for her Masters and she wants us to travel together. My concerns are:
1. Marriage would happen just 2 weeks before we apply. Should we apply together, will VO not raise eyebrows marriage was solely for VISA purpose.
2. Should she apply alone as married, then I apply after she has traveled.

Pls advise.

She may marry u.. But not apply with you.. I am married since march. I still think dey will raise eyebrows self talk much of 2 weeks to applications. My own thoughts shaa

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dimpules8: 2:10pm On May 25, 2017
AYOT12:
pls house help me look at dis file.
I got this from my agent
can this be real?
Did anybody get anything like this?
Pls can dis be fraud?Pls I need very urgent answer

Please, remove the image or better still, edit your UCI and application #s as u did ur name. They are even more important than your name as regards your application.
1.) Yes, it is real.
2.) Yes people did
3.) If you suspect it is fraud, get ur agent to show you the mail from cic, either in d email he provided or in ur online cic account which they may have opened ie. if u did paper application
Don't really think it is nice that you don't have access to such updates directly!!! In fact, not nice atal!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 2:22pm On May 25, 2017
Oluwatomisin121:
My situation:
Fiancee just got admitted to Uni of Sak for her Masters and she wants us to travel together. My concerns are:
1. Marriage would happen just 2 weeks before we apply. Should we apply together, will VO not raise eyebrows marriage was solely for VISA purpose.

Pls advise.
1. The fact that you are LEGALLY married to your wife and have proven it with an official document makes it valid even if it is for 2 hours before applying for her visa. There is a law/act that is followed by each visa officer in making decision on an application. One is to satisfy an officer that you are legally married and have proven it. So if she can prove this, then she meets the requirement of the act.
Even if it were a scam marriage sef, your stay in canada will be subject to her study permit. The day both of you sieze to be married in canada, you will be well on your way back home. So there is no eyebrow in this one.

However, to emphasis and show that her sole aim of going to canada is for study, she can apply first and then later you join through the spouse open work permit application. This will also give her a good home tie in you being in nigeria.

But if both of you feel you have stronger hometies already and meet other requirements of a study permit, by all means you can apply alongside her.You will be issued the SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT once both applications are approved.

She will be your wife as at when she is applying (there is nothing like new or old wife...Lol cheesy) and a very good and compelling discretionary reason officers may consider is the fact that both of you are newly weds and will need alot of time together. This will also help your wife emotionally during her study. She can use a statement of purpose(SOP) to mention this if you consider applying with her. Any angle you see it from, u still have advantage.

2. First answer is pretty much sufficient for your second question.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jejelaye01: 2:38pm On May 25, 2017
Oluwatomisin121:
My situation:

Pls advise.

Congratulations on the admission. I will advise she apply alone and you can explore the SOWP to join her. I think there is a group on nairaland where you can gather the information necessary to process SOWP.
Also there is nothing wrong in applying together but in my own opinion I feel the chances of joining her are higher with SOWP (spousal open work permit).

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 2:40pm On May 25, 2017
Good afternoon please coscomize that letter is not real poo oolong
I too got my acceptance letter last Thursday from university of Regina up til now nothing like that was send to me
Why using agent when u can do it on your own and we have some other people you can relate with who are better than agent please be wise he want to colectomy your money if u doubt me I will send u my acceptance letter and my personal pin to login into my student portal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jejelaye01: 2:42pm On May 25, 2017
AYOT12:
I got this from my agent
can this be real?

It's not fraud. But to be sure kindly get your log in details from your agent and check for urself on cic to confirm the authenticity of the mail. And please constantly check yourself to avoid delays in treating mails sent to you from cic.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 2:44pm On May 25, 2017
AYOT12:

Document was received around 10th of dis month
2.No my agent has d access to that
3.Acceptance fee at UNIVERSITY of regina

Don't mind your agent that letter is not real I got my acceptance from university of regina letter last week too
Be wise or u better still ask him to give you your login details
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jejelaye01: 2:45pm On May 25, 2017
Idowu3080:
Hello house,

I submitted my application 21st of April and did biometrics same day (paper route). Since then my biometrics has not been updated. Pls is this normal?

Thanks and God bless.
Very normal. Its nothing to worry about please.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jejelaye01: 2:52pm On May 25, 2017
Hello house, please do we have mate in the house resuming at university of regina for Sept if so kindly pm.
2. Any review about egyptair to saskatchewan from lagos?

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by obaxlove(m): 2:56pm On May 25, 2017
AYOT12:
I got this from my agent
can this be real?

Did u make any payment to the school before
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dimpules8: 3:31pm On May 25, 2017
bbclue:

Don't mind your agent that letter is not real I got my acceptance from university of regina letter last week too

Dear brother/sister, the information in question was not sent from the school and is not related to admission. The person obviously has applied for trv(visa) and as such cic sent a request for additional information, pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 4:11pm On May 25, 2017
dimpules8:

Dear brother/sister, the information in question was not sent from the school and is not related to admission. The person obviously has applied for trv(visa) and as such cic sent a request for additional information, pls.

Okay. .......but let her ask for her personal login details

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 4:12pm On May 25, 2017
Jejelaye01:
Hello house, please do we have mate in the house resuming at university of regina for Sept if so kindly pm.
2. Any review about egyptair to saskatchewan from lagos?

Regards.

Mine is January am resuming

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kof99: 4:18pm On May 25, 2017
Judgepelumi:

PGC/PGD OR MSC?
PGD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kof99: 4:24pm On May 25, 2017
Cocosmite:
I applied in 2015. It took about 90 days to receive my approved passport.

Remember my dear friend that the average Visa Processing time has been increased from that time period by another average 51days todays (141 average processing time).

In God we trust. It's well be patient.
I have had friends who were delayed same way as you but today are in Canada studying.

When the trials come don't give in but give all.
Instance
If you aren't prayerful it's a good time to become.

*note: average

Yes I'm aware. My processing time from day of applying is 16weeks. And it'll be 16wks in June. That's why. Thank you. I feel a lot better now. My prayer has been very strong. Lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yomcy2016(f): 4:27pm On May 25, 2017
Thanks LightandDarkness. Will do as you have instructed.

LightandDarkness:

Brother/Sister, submit your application first and while your application is being processed you can worry about this. Because from the time you submit till CIC asks you for this letter might be at least a whole month after which they would give you some weeks to provide it so...save yourself precious processing time and launch your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yomcy2016(f): 5:10pm On May 25, 2017
Thanks LightandDarkness. Will do as you have instructed.
LightandDarkness:

Brother/Sister, submit your application first and while your application is being processed you can worry about this. Because from the time you submit till CIC asks you for this letter might be at least a whole month after which they would give you some weeks to provide it so...save yourself precious processing time and launch your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yomcy2016(f): 5:29pm On May 25, 2017
THANKS A LOT DEAR
emeify:
Please go ahead and submit your application. That letter is not a prerequisite.
If you want, you can source the letter while your visa is being processed, just in case...
But I dont think you should delay application because of that letter

Cheers...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tysaxmalomo: 5:51pm On May 25, 2017
bbclue:

Bro go through the message well. You are talking of admission letter he is talking about a letter sent after visa application. Calm down and read before comments pls.

Thanks for the contribution.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Boss20: 5:53pm On May 25, 2017
Genius000:

Sorry to hear you were rejected in the University of Regina.

You can send me your GP and research proposal, I can help you talk to my Professor in Process Systems Engineering. Hopefully, you can re-apply and be admitted in Winter.

(No guarantee please). I am not the admission committee.

Before you send me a PM, write the reason for the PM here and quote me. I receive so many PM's lately and can't respond to everyone.

I just sent you pm bro, please reply cus i need to talk to you about something serious.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Boss20: 5:55pm On May 25, 2017
Genius000:

You can send me your GP and research proposal, I can help you talk to my Professor in Process Systems Engineering. Hopefully, you can re-apply and be admitted in Winter.

Before you send me a PM, write the reason for the PM here and quote me. I receive so many PM's lately and can't respond to everyone.

I just sent you a pm bro, please reply cus i need to discuss something important with you. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Boss20: 6:00pm On May 25, 2017
Genius000:

Wish to go for PhD in same dept so i need some info from you, pls reply my pm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Edilanco: 6:16pm On May 25, 2017
Hi guys, has anybody who has got an approval mail this may collected his or her passport? Cos have been tracking mine and they said it has just been dispatched. I got my approval mail on the 16th of this month.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yomcy2016(f): 7:17pm On May 25, 2017
As in seriously....I have decided to submit my application with the usual bank reference letter...and hopefully the so called circular...that's if it is advantageous to the application o. You intend doing upfront medical I guess?

SURGEE:

My brother, We cannot come and kill ourselves faa. I even spoke to a Branch Manager at Zenith Bank and he said they cant issue such letter or something. Abeg make we just attach the CBN Circular to our application and cull out some of the vital points relevant to the possibility of getting funds Exported to Canada in our SOP. My thoughts dou!!

Please can someone post the Circular here for us to analyse and see how we can frame some of the CBN relevant policies in the SOP to our advantage.

Cheers!!
In order news, Anyone going to uWaterloo here!! Abi na only me waka come

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amnotapervert(m): 7:20pm On May 25, 2017
Edilanco:
Hi guys, has anybody who has got an approval mail this may collected his or her passport? Cos have been tracking mine and they said it has just been dispatched. I got my approval mail on the 16th of this month.
when did you Apply please..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Edilanco: 8:30pm On May 25, 2017
The letter isn't just real, it's true.
I got one too from them I had to pay the estimated sum in my school account to avoid stories that touch and I got my approval letter may 16
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Edilanco: 8:31pm On May 25, 2017
amnotapervert:
when did you Apply please..
Feb 14
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Edilanco: 8:32pm On May 25, 2017
timisnup:

I think the letter is real. It will be better u start gathering the requirements and send it to CIC.
The letter is true, I got one too and I decided to pay the estimated sum in my school account while the rest was in my dorm acct, I got my approval mail just two weeks ago
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amnotapervert(m): 8:35pm On May 25, 2017
Edilanco:
Feb 14
Sept admission ?? PGD or MSc and was it upfront medical..?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Edilanco: 8:36pm On May 25, 2017
Cocosmite:
I applied in 2015. It took about 90 days to receive my approved passport.

Remember my dear friend that the average Visa Processing time has been increased from that time period by another average 51days todays (141 average processing time).

In God we trust. It's well be patient.
I have had friends who were delayed same way as you but today are in Canada studying.

When the trials come don't give in but give all.
Instance
If you aren't prayerful it's a good time to become.

*note: average

Am sorry I don't get, did u just say that after ur visa has been approved that is ur passport has been stamped it took u 90days(3 months) to get the passport back?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Edilanco: 8:39pm On May 25, 2017
AYOT12:

Document was received around 10th of dis month
2.No my agent has d access to that
3.Acceptance fee at UNIVERSITY of regina
The letter is real o, I got it too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Edilanco: 8:40pm On May 25, 2017
amnotapervert:
Sept admission ?? PGD or MSc and was it upfront medical..?
Sept admission and it was masters

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.