Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (880236 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 25, 2017
Okay seen @ bossman. I am busy now, I will reply you on Sunday and we can have a proper discussion.

For jobs: All my friends that I came together with have gotten jobs. Just have your fees, you will survive in Canada.. wink

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Edilanco: 8:48pm On May 25, 2017
Hi guys I am using travelstart to book my flight ticket but its Egypt Air am going through, I just made a reservation but traverstart has been bugging me with mails of how I have to pay urgently.... Please guys hope it's genuine? Has anyone tried travelstart b4?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 25, 2017
Do you mean u paid your fees and had your expenses in your dorm account here in Nigeria? Is that it? Did u also get reference letter from your bank?

Edilanco:

The letter is true, I got one too and I decided to pay the estimated sum in my school account while the rest was in my dorm acct, I got my approval mail just two weeks ago
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Edilanco: 9:12pm On May 25, 2017
emeify:
Do you mean u paid your fees and had your expenses in your dorm account here in Nigeria? Is that it? Did u also get reference letter from your bank?

I didn't get a reference letter from my bank since there was no need. I paid the one year fees and 8000 living expenses in my student account since CBN policy says I can't use formA to pay more than 15,000usd. The balance I put in my dorm acct and I printed the bank statement.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Edilanco: 9:14pm On May 25, 2017
Please guys is travelstart really genuine? Lemme know b4 I make payment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:19pm On May 25, 2017
Edilanco:
It is.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Cocosmite: 9:39pm On May 25, 2017
Entire visa processing duration

Edilanco:
Am sorry I don't get, did u just say that after ur visa has been approved that is ur passport has been stamped it took u 90days(3 months) to get the passport back?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Cocosmite: 9:44pm On May 25, 2017
This is not a joking matter anymore.

This 1 year tuition payment seems like it is occurs more frequently now

Edilanco:

I didn't get a reference letter from my bank since there was no need. I paid the one year fees and 8000 living expenses in my student account since CBN policy says I can't use formA to pay more than 15,000usd. The balance I put in my dorm acct and I printed the bank statement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Edilanco: 9:53pm On May 25, 2017
Cocosmite:
This is not a joking matter anymore.

This 1 year tuition payment seems like it is occurs more frequently now

Yes o it is, so those people that use borrowed money for visa application no show for them again
The visa people want to see the money in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ObenJoshua(m): 10:35pm On May 25, 2017
maziude:

1) Contact the admission office of your university to know if there are updates concerning your application.

2)Depends on the outcome of (1) above. Meaning, you cant do anything until, you have your offer. But, if you want to walk by faith, gather all the required documents for visa application. Page 0 and CIC website, have the information regarding required documents.

3) Yes, you can. However, you have to show that you can meet the condition which is entirely dependent on the condition in question.

Others might have something to chip in...

Regards.

Thank you. I'm grateful for the response.

please is there anyone here that also applied for MSc Computer science at the University of Regina, fall 2017, 'cause I have contacted the graduate admissions office, and they said my application is with the department.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RAY12345(m): 10:46pm On May 25, 2017
Edilanco:

Hello bro, Kindly share your profile and the documents you submitted. Congrats on your TRV approval. Cheers!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 10:56pm On May 25, 2017
Good evening house,

For those who have paid school fees,

How do i calculate this to get the Naira equivalent, my 1 yr tuition is CAD13,400 am i to calculate by Canadian dollar N240x13,400 =3,216,00 or USD @360 CBN Rate. if by CBN rate how much should be the $13.400 to Naira. please help me out to avoid had i know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 11:00pm On May 25, 2017
Hi Friends, who will help me on this.
Tuition #13k, room #7k, den added food plus books 2geda makin it #8k for other.
funds available for my study #36k acording to money available for me.

Is this right?
Your kind answers to the 2 questions is welcomed..
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by famous17: 11:04pm On May 25, 2017
Please, how long did it take them to approve your TRV after you responded to their additional request.

Edilanco:
The letter isn't just real, it's true.
I got one too from them I had to pay the estimated sum in my school account to avoid stories that touch and I got my approval letter may 16

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by famous17: 11:08pm On May 25, 2017
Use 282 to estimate in Canadian dollar if you are paying with form A or better still use USD @360 Form A. Access Bank used about N280 per CAD for me.

vanod:
Good evening house,

How do i calculate this to get the Naira equivalent, my 1 yr tuition is CAD13,400 am i to calculate by Canadian dollar N240x13,400 =3,216,00 or USD @360 CBN Rate. if by CBN rate how much should be the $13.400 to Naira. please help me out to avoid had i know.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by einsteino(m): 11:34pm On May 25, 2017
hello, please I need a review on my intended sponsor. I am using multiple sponsors. My chief sponsor has about 16 times my total fund requirement(tuition + living expense) as closing balance in his company's dorm account(he has 60percent shares in the company), he has a very decent turnover too, all his transactions are denominated in USD. He isnt related to me by blood but he has been my mentor for over a decade and partially sponsored me through uni. it is on his advise i am seeking a postgraduate degree. My dad on the other hand only has a fixed deposit in naira that can cover my tution and a fraction of my living expenses, while the acct of a cousin of mine who is overseas can cover the rest of my living expense.

here is the thing, is it okay to go ahead with the non blood related chief sponsor, while my dad and cousin co sponsors? I am shying away from using my dad cos his funds are in naira and would only be sufficient to cater for tuition and maybe a fraction of the living expense. Especially considering CIC's issue of proof of ability to export fund. Also would it be better if the non blood related chief sponsor, sponsors via his company rather than in his personal capacity(maybe as my employer) due to difficulty in proving relationship?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 11:58pm On May 25, 2017
Edilanco:
Na was for you ooooo. I quoted you to call Olamide on this thread to book your flight at cheaper rate to any destination in Canada you did not. I always advice people from here to follow threads of sucx. If you know @folaroyal on this thread you won't waste time to contact who he gave to us to always book a flight with. Olamide works for quantum travel and tour at ikoyi Lagos. They are trusted and tested. Gbam. Congrats on ur trv.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 3:56am On May 26, 2017
Hello guys,
1) For applicants that applied in february/march, any update. There should be some movements. Please update the house.

2) For the silent readers, most of you have already submitted your applications, please update the house so our list of trvs can be updated. It is not when you get delayed that you will now reveal yourselves as silent readers. This is also applicable to the silent readers who are yet to submit, please come out of the shadows and aske questions perculiar to your case, so you can be helped.

3) If you have submitted your application sometime ago, please notify us so we can add it to the list. If you are yet to submit, please do let us know when you submit.

4) Before you submit double check your documents,then give it to a third party to check for you. To avoid stories.

5) For those looking for accommodation, when you send emails follow up with a call, that way the landlords can place a voice to the email sender. That is what i did in my case. And I got accommodation with an airport pickup by the landlord. I dont even need to pay until I get there. Also, when you call be polite, ask questions politely especially distance from the place to your school.

Good morning and have a good day...

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 4:38am On May 26, 2017
maziude:
Hello guys,
1) For applicants that applied in february/march, any update. There should be some movements. Please update the house.

2) For the silent readers, most of you have already submitted your applications, please update the house so our list of trvs can be updated. It is not when you get delayed that you will now reveal yourselves as silent readers. This is also applicable to the silent readers who are yet to submit, please come out of the shadows and aske questions perculiar to your case, so you can be helped.

3) If you have submitted your application sometime ago, please notify us so we can add it to the list. If you are yet to submit, please do let us know when you submit.

4) Before you submit double check your documents,then give it to a third party to check for you. To avoid stories.

5) For those looking for accommodation, when you send emails follow up with a call, that way the landlords can place a voice to the email sender. That is what i did in my case. And I got accommodation with an airport pickup by the landlord. I dont even need to pay until I get there. Also, when you call be polite, ask questions politely especially distance from the place to your school.

Good morning and have a good day...

Nice one @mazuide
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by odagogo: 5:54am On May 26, 2017
Make the necessary corrections, then re-validate and reprint all pages.

SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:
Hi Friends, who will help me on this..

After filling IMM1294E, i validated & printed all de pages, now i discoverd an error.. do i refill just de section with an error & reprint or must i refill every part of de form & revalidate, whats de essence of validating.. any consequences without doing it again?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Edilanco: 5:58am On May 26, 2017
wealth360:
Na was for you ooooo. I quoted you to call Olamide on this thread to book your flight at cheaper rate to any destination in Canada you did not. I always advice people from here to follow threads of sucx. If you know @folaroyal on this thread you won't waste time to contact who he gave to us to always book a flight with. Olamide works for quantum travel and tour at ikoyi Lagos. They are trusted and tested. Gbam. Congrats on ur trv.
I mailed olamide but it wasn't as cheep as the one I got in travel start, Egypt Air to be precise .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bronze25(f): 6:18am On May 26, 2017
Hello @Edilanco pls can you share ur profile & the documents you submitted to get your trv. You seem to be the first/only person here who has successfully responded to the cic mail.
I stand corrected.
Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Dudubery: 8:57am On May 26, 2017
vanod:
Good evening house,

I just made my payment, stanbic charged me about 272 naira to 1 CAD. Multiply that by 13400 and add some extra cash to be on the safe side and other bank charges too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:50am On May 26, 2017
Genius000:

Sorry to hear you were rejected in the University of Regina.

You can send me your GP and research proposal, I can help you talk to my Professor in Process Systems Engineering. Hopefully, you can re-apply and be admitted in Winter.

(No guarantee please). I am not the admission committee.

Before you send me a PM, write the reason for the PM here and quote me. I receive so many PM's lately and can't respond to everyone.

Boss am about to send you a PM, and its regarding my recent rejection at the University of Regina. The rejected application was course based( M.ENG) but I really don't mind switching to a research based course (MSC) with your help.... I really appreciate boss... So I will send you a PM after this Quote...

Thanks boss.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 10:28am On May 26, 2017
odagogo:
Make the necessary corrections, then re-validate and reprint all pages.

Okay, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:45am On May 26, 2017
Thank you dear.....but did u get yours?
CanadianNurse:
You will get a feed back within 7 working days, but if you choose to explore the 3rd option walk into any bank except diamond(they are id.ots) and ask for a foreign reference or banker's assurance.. Show dem the CIC letter tell them to make sure the two clauses reflect on the letter
Clause 1: the money is on deposit

Clause 2: according to Central bank forex policy the money CAN be exported not WILL be exported... No bank can guarantee you will export the cash because they don't know ya intentions they can only guarantee that the cash can be exported
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:59am On May 26, 2017
Hi guys... please i'm filling my IMM1294e form and on my acceptance letter only the tuition fee is stated, should i split the additional $10,000 required in two (that's $5000 for room and board and $5,000 for others).
For available sum should it be the total sum in the soa or total of tuition + $10,000?

Also, while filling the employment history how do I include more information the space provided is not enough for all my details and i'm applying online.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 11:12am On May 26, 2017
nairalandnewbie:
Hi guys... please i'm filling my IMM1294e form and on my acceptance letter only the tuition fee is stated, should i split the additional $10,000 required in two (that's $5000 for room and board and $5,000 for others).
For available sum should it be the total sum in the soa or total of tuition + $10,000?

Also, while filling the employment history how do I include more information the space provided is not enough for all my details and i'm applying online.

Thanks

1) You can split it however you want as long as it is atleast 10,000.

2) Fill the important details in the space. Your SOP and if possible CV will include explicit details.

Gurus, what do you think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:33am On May 26, 2017
Thanks boss.. For available sum should it be the total sum in the soa or total of tuition + $10,000 for a year?
maziude:

1) You can split it however you want as long as it is atleast 10,000.

2) Fill the important details in the space. Your SOP and if possible CV will include explicit details.

Gurus, what do you think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 11:41am On May 26, 2017
nairalandnewbie:
Thanks boss.. For available sum should it be the total sum in the soa or total of tuition + $10,000 for a year?

Boss, for available sum. It should be the amount available for your studies. In most cases, it is better to show you have more than the amount stipulated (i.e tuition plus 10k). But if you cannot, showing you have the stipulated amount i.e tuition, 10k and some extra will do. I suppose the amount in the SOA supercedes that.

The above is my opinion. More so, i did not use SOA so i might be wrong.

I think you should wait for the gurus to help out, i am limited in this area.

Guys, please help her out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sundaydammy: 11:45am On May 26, 2017
Good day all boss guru in the house
pls i'm planing to get my GCMS but i want to know which one i should apply for Standard GCMS or which one?
and pls i will like to know the usefulness of the GCMS
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 12:30pm On May 26, 2017
nairalandnewbie:

Bro ur available funds is the 1year tuition fees in addition to d CIC $10k for one year and not d total in ur SOA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.