Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,371 members, 7,836,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (887710 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by valenti12(m): 3:39am On Jul 26, 2017
@maziude success boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 5:08am On Jul 26, 2017
jnyuwa02:
I have gone ahead and read all the posts I missed while on hiatus. Nothing new, only a debate to the minutiae details on why someone with full scholarship was denied TRV. Many jumped to the conclusion including some gurus, that it was because of how he filled out his tuition and room and board available to him on the CIC application form. I have to disagree. Doesn't matter what you fill out, the VO can see how much money is available to you on the IRCC form filled by school, including funding letter. Plus it's always good to buttress school funding with personal funding, perhaps by happenstance you don't keep scholarship condition and it's God forbid taken away from you. VOs like to see that someone who is receiving funding can also personally foot the bill should the unexpected happen. All applicants must demonstrate ties to home country. I think that first class mathematics student who got a full ride did a shabby job showing home ties. That is why purpose of visit formed part of his denial. To the best of my knowledge, I didn't see any land deeds or employment prospect or birth certificates of his family remaining in Nigeria that he submitted. My five cents.
I agree with this. I would add that if the VO didn't see the funding amount, they'd have denied her for insufficient funds (but they didn't).
Having said that, I think it's also important for every applicant to be glaringly clear about his/her funding cos VOs sometimes miss information that's not provided clearly.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 5:14am On Jul 26, 2017
Austinpee4:

My previously Cameroun bound fully funded US finest right from the hills of the middle belt state of the plateau! Making sense a times and heating up the travel section of nairaland for Canada bound students since 20BC!!!!!!!!!

My real geeeeee! I missed you no be small! Good to have you back!

@AustinPee4, you too much! I read somewhere, someone said they trust your opinion like God. Hahaha, thanks buddy to be back. Looking forward to rubbing ideas with NL's finest!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abelajayi(m): 5:18am On Jul 26, 2017
maziude:
Bosses,
Good Evening from Toronto Enroute Ottawa.
My flight got delayed for some reasons. However, I am in Toronto now waiting to board the next flight to my new home Ottawa.
Below is my travel experience.

In FLIGHT:
I used Air Canada from Beijing. The flight experience was awesome though 12 hours long but enjoyable. 2 main meals and lots of in between.
When we were about to Land, the pilot told those connecting locally, need to go through immigration, get their documents including permits etc and claim their baggage before connecting to their various destinations within Canada.

POE EXperience:
POE: Toronto Intl Airport. If you are transiting through here, when you land, go straight to the "connection" area(follow the arrow). There are about 6 counters for that. When you get there, it is just the normal questions of where you are coming from and why are you here?
After that, you will be asked to go into the main immigration office for documentations. This is where you get your study permit.

STUDY PERMIT PROCESS:
Officer: Hello ...Bonjour
Me : Hello
Officer: Can I have your documents?
Me: Gave him my passport, introduction letter from embassy, offer letter.
Officer: What are you going to study?
Me: Computer sciences
Officer: PhD
Me: Yes.
He went through the offer letter and said
Officer: You will be here for 4 years?
Officer: Okay, wait a moment let me print your permit.

Then later, he came back with and said crosscheck your details which I did. Then he said, if you want to work while studying, go to the next counter (Services Canada)for your SIN. After which he said, welcome to Canada and enjoy your studies.

Me: Thank you.
So, I went the Services Canada counter for my SIN but M
Also, please allow time for connecting because there is a chance you might miss your connecting flight. My layover was 1hr25 minutes yet I missed the connecting flight. There were lots of people waiting too. but when it gets to your turn it is 2-3 minutes. But if you miss your connecting flight, no worries, just locate your airline in T1, which os the local departure area and they will help you with another flight.

Mehn, Canny fine.. I dey wait una sha...

To God be the glory...

It will end in praises.

Mazi...
To be frank I love your spirit and you have proven to be an ambassador of this great forum.Even with the fact that you miss your connecting flight you still deem it fit to give onsite and first hand information.Many that are also called guru like you immediately they had one issue as regards there application we have cease to again benefits from their wealth of experience.Thanks once again for finding time to share your experience.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nogen: 5:24am On Jul 26, 2017
Yiepee! My brother has landed in Canny . Welcome bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yoshearer(m): 5:47am On Jul 26, 2017
Congratulations brother! Traveling is a good thing and it makes us appreciate the benefits of having a good country. Please, the PhD you got was it funded? And if yes, please could you share with me how you went about it? Thank you.@Maziude
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yoshearer(m): 5:50am On Jul 26, 2017
abelajayi:
To be frank I love your spirit and you have proven to be an ambassador of this great forum.Even with the fact that you miss your connecting flight you still deem it fit to give onsite and first hand information.Many that are also called guru like you immediately they had one issue as regards there application we have cease to again benefits from their wealth of experience.Thanks once again for finding time to share your experience.
@Maziude (congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ibbravura: 6:29am On Jul 26, 2017
IFY200:
congratulations @ Ibbravura ......did you get an update email?
I didnt o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ope100(m): 6:32am On Jul 26, 2017
Mine is 14 weeks today. Keep the faith my brother and It will end in praise!
Gunit87:

I submitted my application online may 3rd and up till now the update is still the supporting docs I provided are being reviewed. Seriously getting tired...running to 3 months now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ope100(m): 6:36am On Jul 26, 2017
Start making travel plans o! Congratulations again...
ibbravura:

I didnt o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Darrelah: 6:44am On Jul 26, 2017
Guys.. Almost 16weeks in four days.. This is what I see.. Pls Is it possible for them to Deny after all this delay

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 6:48am On Jul 26, 2017
Well done bro. Keep the flag flying in Canada.. See you soon cheesy
maziude:
Bosses,
My flight got delayed for some reasons. However, I am in Toronto now waiting to board the next flight to my new home Ottawa.

In FLIGHT:
I used Air Canada from Beijing. The flight experience was awesome though 12 hours long but enjoyable. 2 main meals and lots of in between.
When we were about to Land, the pilot told those connecting locally, need to go through immigration, get their documents including permits etc and claim their baggage before connecting to their various destinations within Canada.

POE EXperience:
POE: Toronto Intl Airport. If you are transiting through here, when you land, go straight to the "connection" area(follow the arrow). There are about 6 counters for that. When you get there, it is just the normal questions of where you are coming from and why are you here?
After that, you will be asked to go into the main immigration office for documentations. This is where you get your study permit.

STUDY PERMIT PROCESS:

Then later, he came back with and said crosscheck your details which I did. Then he said, if you want to work while studying, go to the next counter (Services Canada)for your SIN. After which he said, welcome to Canada and enjoy your studies.

So, I went the Services Canada counter for my SIN but could not get it since my I missed my connecting fligh. So, the lady suggested I go sort out the connecting flight and gave me a card to go to any of their offices for my SIN.

PS:
I was not asked if I paid fees or not, neither was I asked to show proof of fund for studies. However, some guys were asked. One guy told them he has a scholarship and showed the document while someone else showed bank statement. It depends on the officer you meet. So stay calm and just answer truthfully.

Also, please allow time for connecting because there is a chance you might miss your connecting flight. My layover was 1hr25 minutes yet I missed the connecting flight. There were lots of people waiting too. but when it gets to your turn it is 2-3 minutes. But if you miss your connecting flight, no worries, just locate your airline in T1, which os the local departure area and they will help you with another flight.

To God be the glory...

It will end in praises.

Mazi...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ope100(m): 7:02am On Jul 26, 2017
Have you tried sending them a CSE since your app has passed the current processing time?
Darrelah:
Guys.. Almost 16weeks in four days.. This is what I see.. Pls Is it possible for them to Deny after all this delay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 7:02am On Jul 26, 2017
maziude:
Bosses,

In FLIGHT:

POE EXperience:

STUDY PERMIT PROCESS:

So, I went the Services Canada counter for my SIN but could not get it since my I missed my connecting fligh. So, the lady suggested I go sort out the connecting flight and gave me a card to go to any of their offices for my SIN.

PS:
I was not asked if I paid fees or not, neither was I asked to show proof of fund for studies. However, some guys were asked. One guy told them he has a scholarship and showed the document while someone else showed bank statement. It depends on the officer you meet. So stay calm and just answer truthfully.

To God be the glory...

It will end in praises.

Mazi...
Thank God for journey mercy bro, we are coming soon God's willing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 7:21am On Jul 26, 2017
jnyuwa02:

You are excused to do so, lest you stand the risk of been rendered discombobulated. Hehe, thanks for the welcome, happy to be back!

Chei!!! I said it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 7:33am On Jul 26, 2017
ibbravura:
Alhamdilillahi!!! Alhamdilillahi!!! Alhamdilillahi!!!
Trv approved o.

Congrats oh

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ibbravura: 7:34am On Jul 26, 2017
Long post Alert!!!
Morning gurus.
Firstly. We give adorations. Supplications to Almighty.
Hw perfect is He who perfects the unperfect.
Its not about how you're great with pen.
But its just the Grace that overshadows all.
Yhur skills with pen is just a plus. Not the determinant of success.

Profile.
Submitted 9th March
Request for unconditional offer letter by cic on 4th May
Reverted 31st May
Medical mail 10th July
Medical done 11th July
Medical passed 13th July
Approval 25th July.

Applied for 4 unis with CGPA 4.34
Dalhousie University
Carleton University
University of Manitoba
Western Ontario
Got positive response from Dalhousie university only.

Pls pardon they are not accordingly arranged.

All cic froms
Mom is sponsor
Letter of sponsorship. mum
Cv
Police certificate
Sop
SOA sponsor inflow 55m(Curr bal 12m)
SOA mine inflow 5m (curr bal 4m)
Data page sponsor
Data page mine virgin passport
Tax clearance for momc business
Employment details
Sworn affidavit from sponsor
Land documents home tie
Company registration doc home tie
Admission letter
BSc certificate
Transcript CGPA 4.34/5
Waec and nabted results
Birth certificate
Nysc certificate
Java programming certificate
Comptia A+ Certificate
Computer professional members certificate
Fasted for 30days plus
Prayed whenever I remember my application
Hoped for the best

Alhamdilillahi. God did it for me.
Not becos the apps looks perfect.
But. Becos thats my destiny to have it.
No matter how hard you try. What will be. Will surely come to pass.
And what you didnt get is never yurs.
No one is perfect.
But try harder. The sky � is the stepping stone.

Make una no vex o. Wenever i start writing stoping is always the issue.
Well. Bye for now.
Trv hopeful. It will happen and come in handy.
Dont chuck up the sponge.
God will make a way. When it seems to be no way.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 7:39am On Jul 26, 2017
ibbravura:
Long post Alert!!!
Morning gurus.

Profile.
Submitted 9th March
Reverted 31st May
Medical mail 10th July
Medical done 11th July
Medical passed 13th July
Approval 25th July.

Dalhousie University
Carleton University
University of Manitoba
Western Ontario

All cic froms
Mom is sponsor
Cv
Police certificate
Sop
Data page sponsor
Employment details
Land documents home tie
Admission letter
BSc certificate
Transcript CGPA 4.34/5
Waec and nabted results
Birth certificate
Nysc certificate
Comptia A+ Certificate
Fasted for 30days plus
Hoped for the best

No one is perfect.

Well. Bye for now.

Congrats bro... Go book flight immediately

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 7:41am On Jul 26, 2017
maziude:
Bosses,

In FLIGHT:

POE EXperience:

STUDY PERMIT PROCESS:

PS:

To God be the glory...

It will end in praises.

Mazi...

Congrats and thank God for journey mercies.

I observed the calmness in you when the officer spoke with you.

Wow.....congrats again.

I believe you've gotten to your destination by now..

Go n make us proud.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 7:47am On Jul 26, 2017
ibbravura:
Long post Alert!!!
Morning gurus.

Profile.
Submitted 9th March
Reverted 31st May
Medical mail 10th July
Medical done 11th July
Medical passed 13th July
Approval 25th July.

Dalhousie University
Carleton University
University of Manitoba
Western Ontario

All cic froms
Mom is sponsor
Cv
Police certificate
Sop
Data page sponsor
Employment details
Land documents home tie
Admission letter
BSc certificate
Transcript CGPA 4.34/5
Waec and nabted results
Birth certificate
Nysc certificate
Comptia A+ Certificate
Fasted for 30days plus
Hoped for the best

No one is perfect.

Well. Bye for now.

This is good news. You must be GHANSTU right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ibbravura: 7:50am On Jul 26, 2017
Yomalicious:

This is good news. You must be GHANSTU right?
Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 7:53am On Jul 26, 2017
Lol @ the categorization.

Ghanastu

Calastu

Caagstu

They will soon create a thread : GHANSTU TRV APPLICANTS.

Lol

Good morning all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 26, 2017
Maziude! i am so happy for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RAY12345(m): 8:00am On Jul 26, 2017
maziude:
Bosses,

To God be the glory...

It will end in praises.

Mazi...
Congrats former Mazi of China, now Mazi of Canada. lolx

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 8:03am On Jul 26, 2017
RAY12345:
Congrats former Mazi of China, now Mazi of Canada. lolx

Lolz
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RAY12345(m): 8:18am On Jul 26, 2017
ibbravura:
Long post Alert!!!
Morning gurus.

Profile.
Submitted 9th March
Reverted 31st May
Medical mail 10th July
Medical done 11th July
Medical passed 13th July
Approval 25th July.

Dalhousie University
Carleton University
University of Manitoba
Western Ontario

All cic froms
Mom is sponsor
Cv
Police certificate
Sop
Data page sponsor
Employment details
Land documents home tie
Admission letter
BSc certificate
Transcript CGPA 4.34/5
Waec and nabted results
Birth certificate
Nysc certificate
Comptia A+ Certificate
Fasted for 30days plus
Hoped for the best

Congrats again brotherly. is your program course or thesis based? are you on scholarship? if no, did u pay ur tuition? Also, do u have idea if CIC contacted the company u working for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ibbravura: 8:32am On Jul 26, 2017
Yomalicious:

About 225 k. But depending on destination doe.
Yomalicious. Pls can u help me with booking details.
ASAP

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ibbravura: 8:33am On Jul 26, 2017
RAY12345:

Congrats again brotherly. is your program course or thesis based? are you on scholarship? if no, did u pay ur tuition? Also, do u have idea if CIC contacted the company u working for?
Course based.
Not on scholarship
I havent paid tuition yet
They didnt contact my work place.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by McOsheBaba(m): 8:43am On Jul 26, 2017
Cscd1234:
you will know the God I serve soon!!!
In the next few hours, I'd share my trv approval news.
Get ready.

Okay Oh. On Monday, we shall see!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 8:48am On Jul 26, 2017
ibbravura:
Long post Alert!!!
Morning gurus.

Profile.
Submitted 9th March
Reverted 31st May
Medical mail 10th July
Medical done 11th July
Medical passed 13th July
Approval 25th July.

Dalhousie University
Carleton University
University of Manitoba
Western Ontario

All cic froms
Mom is sponsor
Cv
Police certificate
Sop
Data page sponsor
Employment details
Land documents home tie
Admission letter
BSc certificate
Transcript CGPA 4.34/5
Waec and nabted results
Birth certificate
Nysc certificate
Comptia A+ Certificate
Fasted for 30days plus
Hoped for the best

No one is perfect.

Well. Bye for now.

Congrats! Dalhousie is a mighty fine place and the best among the ones you applied and refused to take you. What did the conditional letter of acceptance say? what were the condition(s) and what did you do to clear it? Interesting that CIC wrote you to request an unconditional acceptance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by McOsheBaba(m): 8:54am On Jul 26, 2017
ibbravura:
Long post Alert!!!
Morning gurus.

Profile.
Submitted 9th March
Reverted 31st May
Medical mail 10th July
Medical done 11th July
Medical passed 13th July
Approval 25th July.

Dalhousie University
Carleton University
University of Manitoba
Western Ontario

All cic froms
Mom is sponsor
Cv
Police certificate
Sop
Data page sponsor
Employment details
Land documents home tie
Admission letter
BSc certificate
Transcript CGPA 4.34/5
Waec and nabted results
Birth certificate
Nysc certificate
Comptia A+ Certificate
Fasted for 30days plus
Hoped for the best

No one is perfect.

Well. Bye for now.

I dey come meet you for Dalhousie in Jesus Name!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dtush(f): 9:12am On Jul 26, 2017
Good morning house,

My younger brother recently applied for admission for Computer Science. I am the sole sponser for his programme as well as his legal guardian since our parents are late. He is 17 years old

In preparation for his student visa application,

I just wanted to be sure on the documents i will need to make available.

My yearly package from work is about 10m, i want to know if i should include that as well as reference from my HR at work

I dont believe in leaving cash fallow in a savings account so my funds are tied up in different near cash instruments such as tbill and Money market funds with an investment company. So my bank account is just for day to day transactions and receiving my salary. So in this case will proof of my tbills as well as statement of account from the investment firm suffice. The investment firms are well known in Nigeria

Also, how much will i need to have? his school fees and feeding e.t.c, will be max of say 6m per annum based on the schools we chose.

Also, our parents had a building. which is worth about 12 to 15m. I was thinking me and my siblings can all swear an affidavit, saying worst case scenario, the asset can be disposed to fund his education

Also, i have a side business, not a registered company or anything. Just that i get contracts to supply various things and get paid, which i make an average of say 200k from monthly

Kindly advice on how i can package all this

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (505)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.