Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,770 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (879515 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2017
swizken89:

Please Sir, am an Anglican and I just got admission into an M.A.Sc program at Memorial University Newfoundland, Any Assistance?
God Bless

Congrats on your admission. Gotten visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by swizken89: 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2017
Aghatise:
Any Memorial (MUN) Fall 2017 potential graduate student in the house ? Any update on the admission status from graduate school?
Yes, was offered Admission into M.A.Sc program, computer engineering.. fall 2017 @MUN

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by obaxlove(m): 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2017
Osemigho:

So, what will you claim you have been doing for 9 years?

Better put that diploma admission somewhere and get better MSC/PhD admission or you explore Express Entry route.

I have been working and schooling since my ND certificate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wiljen120: 10:41pm On Mar 18, 2017
@folaroyal....wanna ask whether you can vouch for Olamide coz I'm about transferring money to her account in order for her to help book ticket.... I'm not presently in Lagos, so there's no how I could meet her in person
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by larrytorch(m): 11:04pm On Mar 18, 2017
Good day everyone ! do canadian universities require GRE and Toefl or Ielts for M.SC programs and is there any chance of getting Grants/something similar?.

Will really appreciate if someone can provide answers for me. Gracias
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jerryzone(m): 11:14pm On Mar 18, 2017
Austinpee4:

Ha! Biko o what could be so urgent? Did CIC tell you to give me my PR card already? Lol.

Anywhere, Just as i mentioned in the post you quoted, It's always good we share our concerns and issues here so others can benefit from the advise/solution that will be given.

You can PM me however but if it still bothers around all that have been discussed here, I MAY still advise that you read through previous posts, you will surely find pending answers.

Oga Austin I still dont know why my still having problem messaging you here, once i click on ur username it redirects to this same link..pls can I contact ur via email or phone contact or pls PM me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rmiller(f): 11:31pm On Mar 18, 2017
Am new here tho..but am happy am here now .. so I have hopes my next application would be approved...

I got admission to Seneca college Canada for Nursing leadership and management course .. I paid part of the fees...but was still denied visa

But having seen d refusal letter and read thru this site I now see it's all my fault n I was so much in a hurry..
Reason for denial was insufficient fund to sponsor myself without working in Canada and they think the tiers with my guarantor is not sufficient enough to guarantee permanence of financial commitment .....

I do wish to reapply by August pls what do I do now ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 18, 2017
obaxlove:
Hello House,

Please will Canadain consulate find out if I declare only National diploma in statistics and withhold my bsc and Msc degree since I am going there to study diploma in social work?

I finished my ND, statistics in 2008. Will it be fine if I tell them I don't have any other qualification other than ND?
What sort of arrangement is this?
You want to keep your Bsc and MSc to apply for a Diploma.... even a course in total disparity with your ND??...(statistics and social work)?? Am lost!!
What are you trying to achieve? You have never thought that the embassies attaching specific guidelines to visa applications are aware of mischievous attempts to overrun the system!

That is why you will be required to explain gaps in study/employment!
I advise you to do the right thing!!
Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 11:48pm On Mar 18, 2017
larrytorch:
Good day everyone ! do canadian universities require GRE and Toefl or Ielts for M.SC programs and is there any chance of getting Grants/something similar?.

Will really appreciate if someone can provide answers for me. Gracias

Except in rare cases, those exams aren't needed. In fact, I advise you don't write it, except your program needs it.

Scholarship/funding is available if you going for thesis-based program in a good to average school. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 11:52pm On Mar 18, 2017
Rmiller:
Am new here tho..but am happy am here now .. so I have hopes my next application would be approved...

I got admission to Seneca college Canada for Nursing leadership and management course .. I paid part of the fees...but was still denied visa

But having seen d refusal letter and read thru this site I now see it's all my fault n I was so much in a hurry..
Reason for denial was insufficient fund to sponsor myself without working in Canada and they think the tiers with my guarantor is not sufficient enough to guarantee permanence of financial commitment .....

I do wish to reapply by August pls what do I do now ?

Do you have GCMS file? If no, get it.

If yes and that is what it state, some solution can be:

let your sponsor pay the remaining part of fees and transfer money into your account. Let him write a letter of explanation that he had done all these and attach an affidavit of sponsorship. Shalom.

But ensure your new program be related and higher than previous study to avoid purpose of study later. Shalom.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 18, 2017
wiljen120:
@folaroyal....wanna ask whether you can vouch for Olamide coz I'm about transferring money to her account in order for her to help book ticket.... I'm not presently in Lagos, so there's no how I could meet her in person
Heyyy... Moku!!
I have given you this contact because i and many others have used same successfully in the past till now ....& Cos they give us some kind of rebate.
This is not to say it is my establishment and as such i do not have any obligations for guarantees...just like you are not compelled to use the contact. Nevertheless i can only tell you to the best of my knowledge, they have never disappointed us...
Some members don't pay in full and request to balance later; she ends up asking just like you did if i can vouch... I give the same response as i have given you.
Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 12:08am On Mar 19, 2017
Folaroyal:

What sort of arrangement is this?
You want to keep your Bsc and MSc to apply for a Diploma.... even a course in total disparity with your ND??...(statistics and social work)?? Am lost!!
What are you trying to achieve? You have never thought that the embassies attaching specific guidelines to visa applications are aware of mischievous attempts to overrun the system!

That is why you will be required to explain gaps in study/employment!
I advise you to do the right thing!!
Regards

Let's wish him well in his quest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by swizken89: 12:15am On Mar 19, 2017
Osemigho:

Congrats on your admission. Gotten visa?

Not Yet Boss, Yet to pay Tuition Deposit, then I need to gain more information about application and documents needed before applying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by swizken89: 7:05am On Mar 19, 2017
Time frame increased

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by swizken89: 7:58am On Mar 19, 2017
taiwo92:
Any MUN candidate here. have applied to Mun since September last year and since then have not heard from them. is there anybody in my shoes.
Got Admission on the 14th to MUN, You?
M.A.Sc in Computer Engineering
Fall 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jejelaye01: 8:23am On Mar 19, 2017
Folaroyal:

Bros where are you? Guys should try link up sometime somehow as everyone just scatter!

People just get unimaginably busy on entering canny... Nd the country is so vast you can't vex to go find person for another province.

Pls keep well!
I agree with you bruv. We must always try to link up and build on the existing relationship from this house. Bonding is a great asset anywhere in the world so I will suggest we have a list of universities we are attending then interested housemates can use the medium to communicate for easier bonding and the likes. Just an opinion though.

Best regards.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jejelaye01: 8:27am On Mar 19, 2017
CannyZionist:

Seconded.

No matter the detailed posts put up here, some funny questions will still pop up... May be there should be a pop up blocker somewhere to handle such questions..lol

On a serious note, this trend will keep repeating itself until peeps dedicate their time to read through previous posts and become gurus on their own.

Please let us bear in mind that we all are diverse in our thinking. For some reasons, some housemates will prefer to redirect their questions than going through previous post. I will advice we refer them to previous posts with love or better still address their curiosities if we have the time to spare.

Regards.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by swizken89: 8:45am On Mar 19, 2017
taiwo92:
Hello guys,pls is there any MUN aspirant against sept 2017, MENG to be precise.
Yes Bro, Have u been admitted?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vickyehi: 8:57am On Mar 19, 2017
Mrtoke:
Hi all,

I recently got married in a Islamic marriage way but I need an official marriage certificate that can probably be used possibly for future visa purpose.
I'm considering collecting one from my local government registry but I'm bothered if embassies recognize that or it must compulsory come from federal court registry ?Please I kindly need guide from experienced individual here,thank you

If u are in lagos ....go to ikoyi registery...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 9:34am On Mar 19, 2017
When did you got admitted to Seneca? Am still waiting for an admission letter from the school.

[quote author=Rmiller post=54725128]Am new here tho..but am happy am here now .. so I have hopes my next application would be approved...

I do wish to reapply by August pls what do I do now ?[/quote

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rmiller(f): 10:46am On Mar 19, 2017
vanod:
When did you got admitted to Seneca? Am still waiting for an admission letter from the school.

@vanod
I got it last year ...was supposed to resume January...since I was denied visa.. I have written to the school for another letter for Jan 2018. Still waiting for that admission to start ...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rmiller(f): 10:52am On Mar 19, 2017
Osemigho:

Do you have GCMS file? If no, get it.

If yes and that is what it state, some solution can be:

let your sponsor pay the remaining part of fees and transfer money into your account. Let him write a letter of explanation that he had done all these and attach an affidavit of sponsorship. Shalom.

But ensure your new program be related and higher than previous study to avoid purpose of study later. Shalom.

What is GCMS file please ? Can I please see a sample of affidavit of sponsorship ...thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chonewillie: 11:08am On Mar 19, 2017
1. Can I possibly apply for my study permit by myself or use an agent?

2. What are the exact documents I need for the study permit application?

3. Should I apply online or offline?

4. Since I got funding, do I still need to go through the difficult task of getting a sponsor

5. Can I simply attach a fixed deposit SOA of N4m in addition to the school's letter of funding

6. Can my employment letter serve as a hometie.? I have no fixed asset.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 11:37am On Mar 19, 2017
Rmiller:

What is GCMS file please ? Can I please see a sample of affidavit of sponsorship ...thanks

It tells you the main reason for Visa denial.

Check first page of this thread for it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 12:13pm On Mar 19, 2017
chonewillie:
1. Can I possibly apply for my study permit by myself or use an agent?

2. What are the exact documents I need for the study permit application?

3. Should I apply online or offline?

4. Since I got funding, do I still need to go through the difficult task of getting a sponsor

5. Can I simply attach a fixed deposit SOA of N4m in addition to the school's letter of funding

6. Can my employment letter serve as a hometie.? I have no fixed asset.

1: you are advised to apply by yourself.

2: all CIC study visa forms and supporting documents. Check first page of this thread for same of supporting documents.

3: I will advise you apply via paper route cos you will be semi-guided at VAC if you miss something.

4: if your funding is full I.e. cover fees and upkeep of atleast $10,000, your stress is reduced to just showing little amont in your, your parent's or partner account. If partial, I.e. fees alone, you need evidence that you can take care of your upkeep.

5: yes. If you have it, attach it.

6: Job is home tie. Employment letter, letter of introduction, pay slips, etc are its evidences.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chonewillie: 12:27pm On Mar 19, 2017
Thank you so much Osemigho.

I am expected to resume by September 2017. Does the online application not take shorter time to process than the paper route?

Osemigho:

1: you are advised to apply by yourself.

2: all CIC study visa forms and supporting documents. Check first page of this thread for same of supporting documents.

3: I will advise you apply via paper route cos you will be semi-guided at VAC if you miss something.

4: if your funding is full I.e. cover fees and upkeep of atleast $10,000, your stress is reduced to just showing little amont in your, your parent's or partner account. If partial, I.e. fees alone, you need evidence that you can take care of your upkeep.

5: yes. If you have it, attach it.

6: Job is home tie. Employment letter, letter of introduction, pay slips, etc are its evidences.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CannyZionist: 1:08pm On Mar 19, 2017
Jejelaye01:

Please let us bear in mind that we all are diverse in our thinking. For some reasons, some housemates will prefer to redirect their questions than going through previous post. I will advice we refer them to previous posts with love or better still address their curiosities if we have the time to spare.

Regards.

Bro, what I said was based on observation, not necessarily to stop anyone, even me, to continue the good work.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 1:17pm On Mar 19, 2017
Rmiller:
@vanod
I got it last year ...was supposed to resume January...since I was denied visa.. I have written to the school for another letter for Jan 2018. Still waiting for that admission to start ...

Ok, why January 2018 not September 2017? How much down tuition fee did you pay?
How long did it take before you were given an admission? I applied since February 21 nothing has heard from the school pls advice
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by losas(m): 1:23pm On Mar 19, 2017
[quote author=vanod post=54732092]When did you got admitted to Seneca? Am still waiting for an admission letter from the school.

[/quote can I have ur no pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by JUBILEE2000: 1:35pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hi Gurus in the house, pls how can one notarize his documents.? Applying via paper route. Again I saw in CIC website that one needs to submit originals of documents and one photocopy ...pls i need clarification on the submission of original documents. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 2:04pm On Mar 19, 2017
[quote author=losas post=54738174][/quote]

I have sent you pm... reply so i give u my no, are you a Seneca prospect too?

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.