Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (879628 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nwugon(f): 4:11pm On Mar 21, 2017
Please my people what format should I use to fill the DLI box in the visa application form.Each time I click on Validate,it takes back to the DLI box.Please this is urgent my brothers and sisters.
Thank you in anticipation.
uote author=yemdogg post=54797325]

I don't understand....So you want us to do your research for you while you do what ?

This is a Pro - bono platform, nobody is readily disposed to assisting you unless you take some positive steps yourself. So my brother, There is an app on your device called browser, open it and type Google.com, afterwards do the needful by typing your queries in the search bar. That way you'd learn better and save us the stress of doing your job for you.

Can you imagine [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 4:23pm On Mar 21, 2017
nwugon:
Please my people what format should I use to fill the DLI box in the visa application form.Each time I click on Validate,it takes back to the DLI box.Please this is urgent my brothers and sisters.
Thank you in anticipation.
uote author=yemdogg post=54797325]

I don't understand....So you want us to do your research for you while you do what ?

This is a Pro - bono platform, nobody is readily disposed to assisting you unless you take some positive steps yourself. So my brother, There is an app on your device called browser, open it and type Google.com, afterwards do the needful by typing your queries in the search bar. That way you'd learn better and save us the stress of doing your job for you.

Can you imagine

Use O (Letter) not (0) Figure at the beginning of the DLI Number.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chibuike123(m): 4:23pm On Mar 21, 2017
@yemdogg

Sir I sent you a mail today, kindly help me with proofreading my SOP. THANKS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 4:58pm On Mar 21, 2017
hmmm! page 64.. the thread is moving so fast.
keep up the good work guys.. God bless u all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chonewillie: 5:22pm On Mar 21, 2017
Please can someone in simple terms explain what Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) means.

Is this new entry requirement applicable to Study Permit applicants?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2017
chonewillie:
Please can someone in simple terms explain what Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) means.

Is this new entry requirement applicable to Study Permit applicants?
No, it is not. It's simply an additional travel document for Visa EXEMPT travellers to canada. Nigerians require a TRV to travel to canada and therefore, the ETA isn't applicable in both study permit application or any other visa application to canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jerryzone(m): 5:41pm On Mar 21, 2017
Austinpee4:

Best way to go about this is for the sponsor to pay the full tuition and also transfer your living expenses to you.

By doing so, CIC may not really bother about where he/she resides and all.. Main thing is that you have funds for your study and yourself and can access it at anytime a need arises.

This is the main thing about funds availability. It MUST be accessible by the applicant. This is why a 3rd party sponsor will do more than just stating or writting.

Please Austinpee4 wherever you are abeg ans me with your email address or contact no if possible PM Me God bless you for all your efforts on this trend.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by duduafri: 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2017
Hello House,

It's good to be back again on this thread.

I was accepted in 2016 to MBA program at UNB but had to defer to fall 2017 cos my TRV was application was delayed. ( Reason given was purpose of visit). This i addressed in the second application with SOP and was not ticked.

I re-applied for study permit last Nov 2016 and my application was refused due to insufficent fund, personal asset and other reasons( Savings appears too high than proof of income provided). I was self sponsored with SOA of 19m ( although I got my uncle to move the money into it but in tranches).

Now I want to re-apply and I'm considering using a sponsor, my sponsor is a cousin but with different surnames. He has a coy and he has agreed to use his coy to sponsor me. I also intend to put like 3m in FD and 1m in my account.

I am married and my wife and kid will stay back till im situated.

Here are my questions

1. Can a Married Masters student use a sponsor who is declaring amount to cover total tuition and living expenses without raising a red flag?
2. Can I use a sponsor with different surname from mine although we are cousins?
3. I intend to use another account to book my fixed deposit as i dont want to move huge funds into account i want to submit, is this okay considering the fact that they may want to know the source of the fund?
4.Is 4m not to small for my personal fund?
5. Do i need to write a letter to counter reasons ticked in the previous application?

I'll appreciate your honest feedback.

God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jerryzone(m): 6:25pm On Mar 21, 2017
Austinpee4:

Best way to go about this is for the sponsor to pay the full tuition and also transfer your living expenses to you.

By doing so, CIC may not really bother about where he/she resides and all.. Main thing is that you have funds for your study and yourself and can access it at anytime a need arises.

This is the main thing about funds availability. It MUST be accessible by the applicant. This is why a 3rd party sponsor will do more than just stating or writting.

we share similar case, after the sponsor has transferred the fund to you who will you state in your application that is sponsoring you since the fund is now in ur acct for use. secondly must your available fund cover for 2 years if your program is a 2 years program, it covers first year and half of 2nd year thanks pls kindly reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nwugon(f): 6:31pm On Mar 21, 2017
Oh my God,it worked like magic.
Thank you very much.
yemdogg:

Use O (Letter) not (0) Figure at the beginning of the DLI Number.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 6:42pm On Mar 21, 2017
Jerryzone:

Please Austinpee4 wherever you are abeg ans me with your email address or contact no if possible PM Me God bless you for all your efforts on this trend.
My bro, you don't have to beg me. We all are here to help each other. I remember i sent you a PM after you complained that you couldn't send one and you replied.

Be it as it may, I will always assist and that's why i willingly do this here so others can benefit too. So please consider others too, if the issue you have is something others can learn and benefit from, spill it here and you will even get different opinions and advise than mine alone which will better help and give you and the rest of us more information in the long run.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chonewillie: 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2017
Thank you so much

Austinpee4:

No, it is not. It's simply an additional travel document for Visa EXEMPT travellers to canada. Nigerians require a TRV to travel to canada and therefore, the ETA isn't applicable in both study permit application or any other visa application to canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by padyt007(m): 6:59pm On Mar 21, 2017
Jerryzone:

we share similar case, after the sponsor has transferred the fund to you who will you state in your application that is sponsoring you since the fund is now in ur acct for use. secondly must your available fund cover for 2 years if your program is a 2 years program, it covers first year and half of 2nd year thanks pls kindly reply

check www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc4

it will give full details about sponsors and amount so u don't have insufficient funds again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 7:00pm On Mar 21, 2017
Jerryzone:

Depending on the length of the sponsorship, you can put the sponsor's name ( uncle, aunt, sister etc) in the application form if sponsorship will exceed the first year of study. They will consider how you will fund subsequent year(s) even when you have your first year funds already.

If you have liquid funds to cover your 2 years program, why not! CIC requires proof of funds for tuition plus 10,000CAD for living expenses for atleast the first year of study. This is just the minimum requirement, you can surpass this minimum requirement if you have the capability.

I have seen a GCMS file where PA was solely sponsored by a parent and uncle but because funds was already transferred to his personal account, the VO in his/her submission stated sponsorship for PA as -SELF/PARENT/THIRD PARTY.

so no one can really say if the inclusion of PA as sponsor too by the VO was based on the fact that he submitted his SOA showing the funds in it. Personally, i will believe so.

All you should be concerned about is that you meet their requirements and you have access to the funds declared.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by padyt007(m): 7:01pm On Mar 21, 2017
Austinpee4:

Can u please elaborate on the TRV needed to travel
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 7:02pm On Mar 21, 2017
Jerryzone:

Cic requires proof of funds for first year only.

Your sponsor should indicate in his sponsorship letter that he has transferred a stated amount to your account. His soa and yours will evince this fact.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 7:04pm On Mar 21, 2017
yemdogg:

Lol...so he doesn't want to give up his afro and beard for his Canadian dream!

His face on his passport must be substantially the same with the picture taken during biometric.
lol I guess so but the afro is not shabby or that much sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ajaokabir: 7:07pm On Mar 21, 2017
Kindly assist with this request please even if it's just a format. I'm seriously delaying my application as I don't want to be left out of the train.

Thank to you all in anticipation.

ajaokabir:
Morning house!!!

Please can anyone assist with a spousal letter of invite sample and possibly employer's reference letter format?

Help a brother ooo
rajkab2007@gmail.com is the mail. Thanks to you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 7:09pm On Mar 21, 2017
padyt007:

Can u please elaborate on the TRV needed to travel
At the time you study permit is approved, a TRV foil will also be issued on your passport to enable you travel and obtain your study permit at the border of canada (air, land or sea ports). You don't have to apply separately for it. It will be issued once your study permit is approved.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 7:12pm On Mar 21, 2017
Ziggarrr:
We are not here for child's play..please get serious. Noffence

Lol.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 7:13pm On Mar 21, 2017
twendy:
Hello All,please help.!!!What do you think? But i have been refused a canadian visa twice now on the grounds of insufficient funds.Though the first account was a coporate account.The second is personal but they said they are not sure of his commitment.Now the question is,can i use a new account different from the first two for my third application or do you think they already have the record of my previous sponsors.This third sponsor is sure to have about 30 million when i need the statement against my first two sponsors that had barely up to 10 million.I await your revert.Thank you.

Why do you jump from one sponsor to another. Do the necessary thing as advised in answers in the page and few previous ones.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 7:19pm On Mar 21, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Good day house! Long time friends @osemigho @folaroyal @michv @austinepee4 @yemdogg @thesoj
Just a quick one on a lighter mode, I have a friend(a guy) who is due to apply by next week. He wants to know if he can take the required passport photo at VAC office lagos

Secondly, he is on AFRO hairstyle and BEARDGANG you guys know yourselves grin..... He wants to know if he must shave and get a low cut for the passport to be accepted and valid

I advise anyone doing paper to take picture at VAC. 8 copies for 2k+ < 3k.
Picture I took from a professional studio was rejected there. I had to retake another there. Just go and snap there and not waste your time and money.

Bead gang shouldn't be a problem.

Also, I advise anyone going to VAC to go as early as 8am. In fact, reach there before 8am and wait till they open their gate. With that, you will likely leave there around 9am.
Going anytime from 11am means you will likely be done after 2-4hrs, depending on population you met on ground. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by padyt007(m): 7:48pm On Mar 21, 2017
ajaokabir:
Kindly assist with this request please even if it's just a format. I'm seriously delaying my application as I don't want to be left out of the train.

Thank to you all in anticipation.

I will like to get the sample letter too please
@ taiwopady@ymail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 7:59pm On Mar 21, 2017
padyt007:

I will like to get the sample letter too please
@ taiwopady@ymail.com

Go to page 0

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Dunna: 8:28pm On Mar 21, 2017
Applying for student visa online for PhD and have the options of filling the temporary residents visa (TRV). Please wat is the effect of not applying for the TRV along with the study permit. ?
Secondly for my kids of below 6yrs. It is also optional, how does not filling the forms affects they ability to study while in Canada?
Pls help a first timer....the profs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 8:39pm On Mar 21, 2017
Dunna:
Applying for student visa online for PhD and have the options of filling the temporary residents visa (TRV). Please wat is the effect of not applying for the TRV along with the study permit. ?
Secondly for my kids of below 6yrs. It is also optional, how does not filling the forms affects they ability to study while in Canada?
Pls help a first timer....the profs

What you applied for now is trv and study permit.

Trv will be issued now upon the success of your application.

Study permit will be issued to you at the point of entry.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by spores99(m): 9:47pm On Mar 21, 2017
house please I need your input....my sponsor is my uncle same surname...he intends to sponsor with his salary acct (works high post with mtn), which has a balance of 3million and my total tuition(19K CAD paid 2350CAD) & living expenses(10K) converted to naira is like 8million...... can he state in affidavit & letter of sponsorship that he will be transferring like 2500CAD monthly to me to cover for my studies?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 9:58pm On Mar 21, 2017
Sure!! Let him explain it inside the L.O.E so that it will justify the balance inside your account and they won't see it as lodgement.
spores99:
house please I need your input....my sponsor is my uncle same surname...he intends to sponsor with his salary acct (works high post with mtn), which has a balance of 3million and my total tuition(19K CAD paid 2350CAD) & living expenses(10K) converted to naira is like 8million...... can he state in affidavit & letter of sponsorship that he will be transferring like 2500CAD monthly to me to cover for my studies?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by spores99(m): 10:01pm On Mar 21, 2017
[quote author=penitential post=54817980]Sure!! Let him explain it inside the L.O.E so that it will justify the balance inside your account and they won't see it as lodgement.[/quote

100%.....no issue will arise from that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by spores99(m): 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2017
penitential:
Sure!! Let him explain it inside the L.O.E so that it will justify the balance inside your account and they won't see it as lodgement.

he has not transferred any money yet to me.... but he is going to state that he would be transferring 2500CAD monthly to me...that's like 700K monthly which is salary can cover..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 10:04pm On Mar 21, 2017
No ish! It further justify his commitment to really sponsor you beyond just giving you S.O.A.[quote author=spores99 post=54818070][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 10:06pm On Mar 21, 2017
It's okay. Since the transfer will reflect the account name as his and his account number. It's very good.
spores99:

he has not transferred any money yet to me.... but he is going to state that he would be transferring 2500CAD monthly to me

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.