Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,840 members, 7,838,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (888086 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 12:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
CanadianNurse:
always quick to the rescue! Thank you bro infact my first son name will be Austin smiley

Ps:How do I link it now?
I'll be glad to attend the naming ceremony once your SEED of Abraham arrives the earth! . smiley

You need to create a GCKeY/MyCIC account if you don't have one already. Once that is done, you will find the 'link existing application' on your account profile page, click and follow the instruction. It's pretty straight forward. Just fill necessary fields appropraitely.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 12:15pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hello Guys. I will like to say a very big thank you to all the gurus in the house for guidance so far. I got an admission into UNB MBA program starting Sept 2017. My major issue now is proof of funds. Personally i have about 2mm in my account and my sponsor who is my dad is a retired staff of CBN. He has 2mm balance with regular monthly pension inflow of 500,000 and turnover of 30mm within 6 months and there will be an inflow of about 6mm into his account by September. While using the Oanda Convertion tool, i realised the amount i need to present in my statement as balance is 7 million. I am considering the following options and i need advise from you guys in the house

Option 1: Apply with current status of statement and submit all my documents for Visa Application and hoping for a miracle

Option 2: Borrow like 3mm to add up to account and apply. The issue with this option is that i have tried to borrow funds from Friends and Family but to no avail. I will love it if anybody can help me with reliable info of any person or organisation that can borrow me that sum of money to apply for Visa. My dad has several Land properties and houses to use as collateral.Well he planned selling one of his properties but its been underpriced

Option 3: Deffer admission till next year when funds will be much available. This is my last option and i will be sad to go by it.

Please house kindly advise me on the best option to go with.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Femi4life(m): 12:36pm On Mar 29, 2017
CPA01:
Hello Guys. I will like to say a very big thank you to all the gurus in the house for guidance so far. I got an admission into UNB MBA program starting Sept 2017. My major issue now is proof of funds. Personally i have about 2mm in my account and my sponsor who is my dad is a retired staff of CBN. He has 2mm balance with regular monthly pension inflow of 500,000 and turnover of 30mm within 6 months and there will be an inflow of about 6mm into his account by September. While using the Oanda Convertion tool, i realised the amount i need to present in my statement as balance is 7 million. I am considering the following options and i need advise from you guys in the house

Option 1: Apply with current status of statement and submit all my documents for Visa Application and hoping for a miracle

Option 2: Borrow like 3mm to add up to account and apply. The issue with this option is that i have tried to borrow funds from Friends and Family but to no avail. I will love it if anybody can help me with reliable info of any person or organisation that can borrow me that sum of money to apply for Visa. My dad has several Land properties and houses to use as collateral.Well he planned selling one of his properties but its been underpriced

Option 3: Deffer admission till next year when funds will be much available. This is my last option and i will be sad to go by it.

Thank you
You don't need to differ, borrowing​ is a good option or last resort. The VO is not interested in your balance, just confirm what the Debit and Credit inflow of the last 6 months look like, if it's good you are good to go even if it's a 5,000 naira balance. And attach document of valuables I.e landed properties or business you can even state you get a reasonable sum of money from rents fee and businesses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 12:40pm On Mar 29, 2017
neny2k2:
God bless you all for all your contributions, I have benefited immensely. Please I have some questions. I submitted my application online on the 13th Feb 2017. I Did Biometrics on the 16th but it is still not uploaded on my online application status. I have emailed CIC Ghana no response.
Secondly, I would like to travel to USA but wondering if I can do the medicals before I travel next month ahead of CIC request.
Thirdly, can I courier my passport to the embassy while in the USA, when visa is approved?
Lastly, my daughter is US born, can I travel with her to Canada for my studies? Or need to apply for her Canada Visa too?.

Thanks gurus in the house , I appreciate your assistance with the above.

1. Once they recieve and review your biometrics info, the online status will change to 'Not needed at this time'. So exercise more patience and look out for that. It will surely be updated.

2. Since you did not undergo an upfront medicals before you submitted your application, you will have to wait for further instruction from the visa office to undergo one. You cannot proceed for one now because an IME code (immigration medical examination) has to be generated. This is usually done either by the hospital before you submit your app or by the visa office after you have submitted your application.

3. Most courier companies DO NOT transmit passport across international borders unless there is an ORDER or a binding AGREEMENT between the sending and recieving parties. It is ILLEGAL to do so without proper authorization. So you may choose to come back home upon request for your passport.

4. Depending on your child's age, purpose of accompanying you and duration of stay, she may need to apply for a VISA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 12:43pm On Mar 29, 2017
CPA01:

Thank you

Option 4: Look for another sponsor(s) (Family, friend or associates) with your dad. Let them follow the format of Partial fee payment and transfer money to your account.

Option 5: Rather than sell a house, your dad use it to get a loan with low interest from a company, family, friends or associate, while signing agreement on bit or lump sum payment plans.

All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 12:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
Femi4life:

You don't need to differ, borrowing​ is a good option or last resort. The VO is not interested in your balance, just confirm what the Debit and Credit inflow of the last 6 months look like, if it's good you are good to go even if it's a 5,000 naira balance. And attach document of valuables I.e landed properties or business you can even state you get a reasonable sum of money from rents fee and businesses.

your advice could be misleading, if he has paid all fees (tuition, accommodation & feeding or miscellaneous) then you can propose such advice, if you haven't done the above my bro, its not advisable to take such risk when most importantly tuition for a yr had not been paid.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 12:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
Femi4life:

On the contrary, the bold is the MOST important. Debit and credit just affirms the consistency in financial transactions of the account.

To the moniker in quote, you need to meet the requirement of CIC by having the equivalent of your tuition and living expenses of 10,000CAD for atleast the first year of study. This must be reflective in any form of financial capacity be it in a statement of account, loan, award etc. You should have the required funds available before you consider sending in your application else you risk your app being refused for insufficient funds.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by neny2k2: 12:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
Thank you so much Austine. God bless you for that quick response. but My baby has a US passport I tot she could travel to Canada. Thanks again
Austinpee4:

1. Once they recieve an review your biometrics info, the online status will change to 'Not needed at this time'. So exercise more patience and look out for that. It will surely be updated.

2. Since you did not undergo an upfront medicals before you submitted your application, you will have to wait for further instruction from the visa office to undergo one. You cannot proceed for one now because an IME code (immigration medical examination) has to be generated. This is usually done either by the hospital before you submit your app or by the visa office after you have submitted your application.

3. Most courier companies DO NOT transmit passport across international borders unless there is an ORDER or a binding AGREEMENT between the sending and recieving parties. It is ILLEGAL to do so without proper authorization. So you may choose to come back home upon request for your passport.

4. Depending on your child's age, purpose of accompanying you and duration of stay, she may need to apply for a VISA.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 12:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
Austinpee4:

1. Once they recieve an review your biometrics info, the online status will change to 'Not needed at this time'. So exercise more patience and look out for that. It will surely be updated.

US citizens dont need visa if the stay is not more than 6months, but if her stay would exceed 6months she would definitely need a visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 12:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
Eraytee:

US citizens dont need visa if the stay is not more than 6months, but if her stay would exceed 6months she would definitely need a visa.
The duration of stay shares your point. Well said.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 1:00pm On Mar 29, 2017
neny2k2:
Thank you so much Austine. God bless you for that quick response. but My baby has a US passport I tot she could travel to Canada. Thanks again
@Eraytee has also elaborated further. US citizens don't usually need a visa for visiting/tourists purposes to canada for less than 180 days. So it will depend on her length of stay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 1:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
Osemigho:

Option 4: Look for another sponsor(s) (Family, friend or associates) with your dad. Let them follow the format of Partial fee payment and transfer money to your account.

Option 5: Rather than sell a house, your dad use it to get a loan with low interest from a company, family, friends or associate, while signing agreement on bit or lump sum payment plans.

All the best.

Thank you Osimegbo. I appreciate your response. Your option 5 sounds good. I don't think I have any family/friend that can lend up to 3mm. Please can you suggest a company that can lend such amount?. Dads properties can be used as collateral. Market value should be over 200million. I am ready to pay any interest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by EJIZY: 1:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hi all,

Please I got an admission for an MBA program for September 2018 at the university of New Brunswick, I would like to know if I can start processing my TRV now or wait till the later part of the year.

Your suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by marvel4love: 1:51pm On Mar 29, 2017
EJIZY:
Hi all,

Please I got an admission for an MBA program for September 2018 at the university of New Brunswick, I would like to know if I can start processing my TRV now or wait till the later part of the year.

Your suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
[quote author=marvel4love post=55066337]
September 2018 Or do you mean September 2017? If its 2017 then you can go ahead to process your TRV but if its 2018 I guess its too early
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 29, 2017
Austinpee4:

@Eraytee has also elaborated further. US citizens don't usually need a visa for visiting/tourists purposes to canada for less than 180 days. So it will depend on her length of stay.
@neny2k2
Citizens of countries that do not require a visa to visit Canada must however apply for ETA to enter through any PoE! While same called ESTA is required for the USA.
Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
CPA01:

Thank you Osimegbo. I appreciate your response. Your option 5 sounds good. I don't think I have any family/friend that can lend up to 3mm. Please can you suggest a company that can lend such amount?. Dads properties can be used as collateral. Market value should be over 200million. I am ready to pay any interest.
I am lost here??.. Are you really discussing selling/collateralizing your father's property in here.. danmm.. This is extreme desperation!!
My advise:
You may wish to transfer this urge and compensation option into your search for a real sponsor... Ok!
Good luck and regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 29, 2017
Femi4life:

@bold..Objection!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 29, 2017
neny2k2:
God bless you all for all your contributions, I have benefited immensely. Please I have some questions. I submitted my application online on the 13th Feb 2017. I Did Biometrics on the 16th but it is still not uploaded on my online application status. I have emailed CIC Ghana no response.
Secondly, I would like to travel to USA but wondering if I can do the medicals before I travel next month ahead of CIC request.
Thirdly, can I courier my passport to the embassy while in the USA, when visa is approved?

Lastly, my daughter is US born, can I travel with her to Canada for my studies? Or need to apply for her Canada Visa too?.

Thanks gurus in the house , I appreciate your assistance with the above.
@bold... You should confirm with Canada VAC.. Since there are Designated medical assessment centres all over the USA and there exists VACs that can transmit your passport..
Please note: i only said confirm with VAC and not to go ahead as this is a rare case!
There are loads of things that we think are not possible but really they could just be very possible! You never can tell... shocked

2. Citizens of countries that do not require a visa to visit Canada must however apply for ETA to enter through any PoE! While same called ESTA is required for the USA.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 2:28pm On Mar 29, 2017
Folaroyal:

Citizens of countries that do not require a visa to visit Canada must however apply for ETA to enter through any PoE! While same called ESTA is required for the USA.
Regards.

While i agree with you about obtaining the ETA for visa exempt travellers,it is not applicable to "ANY" point of entry. There are exceptions to it.

1. ETA is required ONLY for air travel. Land and sea entry do not need the ETA.

2. US citizens and travellers with a valid canadian visa do NOT need the ETA.

So in the context of the posts, If her daughter gets a canadian visa as a US citizen, she won't be needing the ETA to arrive canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Darkiabo(m): 2:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
Thank you guys for your time and good advice i really appriciate ,please who also applied to ICM manitoba(university of manitoba) Or any other school in canada ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 3:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
CPA01:

Tell your dad to walk into his bank branch and ask for his account officer or a loan facillitator. I really dont know much about it but i believe it should work.

Option 4 that you are neglecting may be better option, If you can get another person that will pay your school fees from his/her account. Your dad or mom must have friends or family that can help. Search your network !!!!

Take care.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by burk: 3:35pm On Mar 29, 2017
The erudite scholars, good work and good responses to enquiries. Please i have a question which bothers on the relative. There is a question in the form that says if i have a relative in Canada who is a citizen or PR. I am confuse on what to answer, my wife's uncle and his family are Canadian passport holders. Are they my relative in the context of IRCC. or CIC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by barbie05: 4:09pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hello House. Trust you are all well.

I Received my admission letter yesterday for sept 2017, Thank God.

please what is the next step after confirming my place and paying the fees. I will be paying for the first semester while I plan to pay the other later.

I will be staying with my cousin, do I still need to show prove of accommodation in my account?
I will be getting a huge sum of money in my account before applying, do they frown on that?
what is the ideal money to have in the account. is 7m okay after paying the first tuition fee which is 7580cad.

please advise.
thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
You took that response right out of my mouth.
Osemigho:

Ask the agents your questions, It is part of what you paid for. Alternatively, you can ask the school yourself, If they will answer you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 29, 2017
Austinpee4:

While i agree with you about obtaining the ETA for visa exempt travellers,it is not applicable to "ANY" point of entry. There are exceptions to it.

1. ETA is required ONLY for air travel. Land and sea entry do not need the ETA.

2. US citizens and travellers with a valid canadian visa do NOT need the ETA.

So in the context of the posts, If her daughter gets a canadian visa as a US citizen, she won't be needing the ETA to arrive canada.
Apologies... You are correct on that!

"visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa"

Meanwhile i witnessed ESTA to US being processed for holders of British passports and their last child with a Canadian passport... They passed through Niagara land border into US.

"Who Needs to Apply for ESTA? All travelers entering the United States (by air or sea) under the visa waiver program are required to hold a valid ESTA travel authorization. The purpose of ESTA is to allow DHS to pre-screen all Visa Waiver Travelers before they leave their respective countries"

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 4:38pm On Mar 29, 2017
You will have to justify the source of the money. Although it's not advisable cos it's likely to be tagged "lump sum" but if you can clearly and indepthly explain the source, then no problem.
With the said amount (7million), you should be good if and only if your program is a year program. But if it's two years, then you have to show more than that. Don't know if you're using a sponsor or you intend to sponsor yourself with that amount.
barbie05:
Hello House. Trust you are all well.

I Received my admission letter yesterday for sept 2017, Thank God.

please what is the next step after confirming my place and paying the fees. I will be paying for the first semester while I plan to pay the other later.

I will be staying with my cousin, do I still need to show prove of accommodation in my account?
I will be getting a huge sum of money in my account before applying, do they frown on that?
what is the ideal money to have in the account. is 7m okay after paying the first tuition fee which is 7580cad.

please advise.
thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 4:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
Yes they are.
burk:

The erudite scholars, good work and good responses to enquiries. Please i have a question which bothers on the relative. There is a question in the form that says if i have a relative in Canada who is a citizen or PR. I am confuse on what to answer, my wife's uncle and his family are Canadian passport holders. Are they my relative in the context of IRCC. or CIC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Samo16: 4:40pm On Mar 29, 2017
Please my uncle doesn't want to do tax clearance for his company however he is willing to sponsor. He just did for his personal account. I would be using his SOA for the company. Can I submit the personal tax clearance or not boda atal. Thanks guys. Need help here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Donmu: 4:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
The gurus @folaroyal @osemigho @mikymiko @michv @justwise @austinepee4 @yemdogg @thesoj @nelly28 @AllOfYouInTheHouse. I applied to Canadian embassy for study permit and I did not state there that I have been refused in us embassy before . They email and let me know that I have been refused in us embassy they gave me 15 days to replied back or my application will be refused I do reply them back close to 2 month plus now I never heard from them Just want to know if there still hope for me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 5:08pm On Mar 29, 2017
Donmu:
The gurus @folaroyal @osemigho @mikymiko @michv @justwise @austinepee4 @yemdogg @thesoj @nelly28 @AllOfYouInTheHouse. I applied to Canadian embassy for study permit and I did not state there that I have been refused in us embassy before . They email and let me know that I have been refused in us embassy they gave me 15 days to replied back or my application will be refused I do reply them back close to 2 month plus now I never heard from them Just want to know if there still hope for me

At this point, you can only hope for the best.

The Deed has been done. You have provided them with explanations regarding your omission, what is left now is hope they buy your explanations. Be positive and at the same time, you should entertain the possibility of a refusal.

Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 5:17pm On Mar 29, 2017
Samo16:
Please my uncle doesn't want to do tax clearance for his company however he is willing to sponsor. He just did for his personal account. I would be using his SOA for the company. Can I submit the personal tax clearance or not boda atal. Thanks guys. Need help here.

In the circumstance, it is very important that your uncle submit his personal account. Not only because of the Tax clearance, but also because when it comes to sponsorship personal account is usually deemed more reliable as proof of liquidated funds and solvency. Company account will show income and probability of future financial support from your sponsor. A company account would require your sponsor to submit the following; Form CAC 7 and CAC 2, Letter from the company's Banker stating that your sponsor is a signatory to the company account. Furthermore, your sponsor has to show further why he is ready to use the company's funds/profit to defray your tuition and living expenses in Canada. This is quite tough though.

My recommendation is to submit both his personal and company account. He should have enough funds to cover your tuition and living expenses in his personal account and some excesses that will invariably be sufficient to take care of his needs and that of his other dependents.

Regards.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (505)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.