Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (882199 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maygreaves(m): 6:31pm On Mar 27, 2017
Thanks G

i have tho...responses arent great tho
Benfaco1:

I advise you e-mail the university you wish to transfer to later on for a better clarification.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 6:31pm On Mar 27, 2017
Doodoo10:
@penitential and @eraytee
Please I have mentioned that I am going to apply for "Bachelor of Applied Technology Petroleum Engineering"
But I was confused that it is a bachelor program since I already have a bachelor degree I petroleum engineering here in Nigeria.

I was advised to look up for a PGD course in SAIT, but I couldn't find one in Petroleum except same Bachelor of Applied Technology Petroleum Engineering" so I am kinda confused and need some clarification

This is an attachment of the information for the course

This should clarify it

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 6:34pm On Mar 27, 2017
Doodoo10:
Please I have mentioned that I am going to apply for "Bachelor of Applied Technology Petroleum Engineering"
But I was confused that it is a bachelor program since I already have a bachelor degree I petroleum engineering here in Nigeria.

I was advised to look up for a PGD course in SAIT, but I couldn't find one in Petroleum except same Bachelor of Applied Technology Petroleum Engineering" so I am kinda confused and need some clarification

U didn't narrow your search check my post
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 6:57pm On Mar 27, 2017
Sorry I've been busy since morning. Just seeing your mention now. I think Eraytee has answered your question. And Folaroyal has hinted you on the possible refusal reasons in going for another UG, so apply wisdom brother. Shalom!
Doodoo10:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by gbsunmonu: 7:36pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hi gurus,

A friend was denied last year due to insufficient fund

VO stated lump sum of money was deposited from unknown origin . ( from GCMS NOTE )

He applied again Dec 6 and got a medical mail in february 21st and a mail to provide new admission letter.

He sent both medical and and new acceptance letter to CIC Accra on the 22nd but since then he has not gotten anything from CIC.

The fear is that he was refused at these stage last year .

Kindly assist cos i think his application is nearly 17 weeks already .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jasondavidz1: 7:53pm On Mar 27, 2017
ddonsly:

Thank you very much for your quick response. Do you by chance know how much information is shared between the UK and Canada about a particular individual? If only I can know, it would help know exactly what to present and avoid mentioning irrelevant things in my statement.

Canada, UK and USA actively share information due to upsurge in terrorism in the world...I think you should state the truth and hope you get the benefit of doubt

shalom
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Doodoo10: 8:31pm On Mar 27, 2017
Ok,
Thank you

Eraytee:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jj17cv(m): 8:31pm On Mar 27, 2017
@ddonsly
only canada and Us share same level just package your level very well that is all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Doodoo10: 8:37pm On Mar 27, 2017
Yes I totally understand what Folaroyal said, the mystery am having is distinguishing between the two degrees that is applied degree and diploma degree

I never knew that the "diploma degree" Is for post graduate degree.

So I needed to be cleared on that, instead of assuming wrongly

Thank you

penitential:
Sorry I've been busy since morning. Just seeing your mention now. I think Eraytee has answered your question. And Folaroyal has hinted you on the possible refusal reasons in going for another UG, so apply wisdom brother. Shalom!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Doodoo10: 8:47pm On Mar 27, 2017
Thank you once again for the response,
They are encouraging, it gives joy and satisfaction that some people can assist by all means in educating others
And also
@penitential and @eraytee and others thank you very much and may God bless you guys.

Folaroyal:

Reasons that you may want to do another UG program may include.... Change of career, probably earned a 3rd class.... You just completed a college diploma/advanced diploma/secondary school.... !!! I am not convinced that you fall into any of the classes mentioned above!!
Cases whereby you plan to study a related program but in other disciplines with claims of diversified opportunities..... will mostly be achieved at masters level! (Not on a 4 year program... Haba)
So.. Pls pls pls readjust your plans in line with progression and not just picking any program at any level.... It may hurt!
My advise: if i were you, I'll look again into @penitential comments and take a shot on that.
penitential:
Well, if you can get PGD in your proposed course, it will be better.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
jj17cv:
@ddonsly
only canada and Us share same level just package your level very well that is all

Please don't mislead people.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 8:58pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hello Friends,

Please how do you calculate to get the real Canadian equivalent of any stated amount in Naira, do you use site, app or do the solving..

Abeg make una help me as I need to state the real equivalent of CAD to Naira in my letters.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Doodoo10: 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2017
Use this site

http://www.xe.com

post=55011466]Hello Friends,

Please how do you calculate to get the real Canadian equivalent of any stated amount in Naira, do you use site, app or do the solving..

Abeg hint me as I need to state the real equivalent of CAD to Naira in my letters.

Thanks[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by olutowo(m): 10:15pm On Mar 27, 2017
Good job guys, plz i need ur advice on this, am planning to go for my masters in university of regina but thats not the issue, the issue is my age kus i will be 31 come october, just wanna ask whats my chances of gettin a visa besides, i finished in 2012 and am into fashion since then, am single....please help out..thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 27, 2017
Doodoo10:
Use this site

http://www.xe.com

post=55011466]Hello Friends,

Abeg hint me as I need to state the real equivalent of CAD to Naira in my letters.

Thanks
that xe.com is not really reliable as CBN present official rate is 360/1$ and xe.com gives you 317/1$. so be careful before you bring yourself insufficient funds.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 27, 2017
jasondavidz1:

Canada, UK and USA actively share information due to upsurge in terrorism in the world...I think you should state the truth and hope you get the benefit of doubt

shalom
hello Mr.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 27, 2017
gbsunmonu:
Hi gurus,

VO stated lump sum of money was deposited from unknown origin . ( from GCMS NOTE)

He applied again Dec 6 and got a medical mail in february 21st and a mail to provide new admission letter.

He sent both medical and new acceptance letter to CIC Accra on the 22nd but since then he has not gotten anything from CIC.

@bold. If CIC recently requested for that, It is a sign of successful TRV approval but if such at emboldened above occurred previously and still got refused, I may have the course to withhold my initial statement.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
Eraytee:

bro how far, have you gotten help from somewhere about the review, for now I am free again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hayqinsbFX: 11:18pm On Mar 27, 2017
hello all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dara2017: 11:45pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have being following this thread for some time and I must confess it's highly informative.

I applied for a Canadian study visa last year august and was refused.I applied for my gcms notes and i have reapplied again on the 6th of feburary. But i am yet to hear from the embassy.I included the medical i did last time in my application.

I have linked my paper app to an online acct but the medical is showing you do not need a medical.I am worried becuase it 8 weeks since i applied and i was expecting to see medicals passed.

Is their anyone experiencing same too

Anticipating replies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 11:54pm On Mar 27, 2017
michV:
that xe.com is not really reliable as CBN present official rate is 360/1$ and xe.com gives you 317/1$. so be careful before you bring yourself insufficient funds.

Please which one is most updated and current?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jerryzone(m): 2:06am On Mar 28, 2017
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:

Please which one is most updated and current?
Try Oanda.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 6:29am On Mar 28, 2017
michV:
bro how far, have you gotten help from somewhere about the review, for now I am free again.

Yeah thanks submitted already.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 6:46am On Mar 28, 2017
Good Morning, please who is willing to review my SOP for the visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by StCruz247: 7:11am On Mar 28, 2017
goodnews1111:

Not required if its a diploma but required for Pgd
You could also mail me your sop

Thank You so much.I appreciate ...My Email Id is louis_favour@yahoo.com, Please just send me a mail to forward my SOP to you and possibly to ask further question.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jejelaye01: 7:39am On Mar 28, 2017
gbsunmonu:
Hi gurus,

VO stated lump sum of money was deposited from unknown origin . ( from GCMS NOTE )

He sent both medical and and new acceptance letter to CIC Accra on the 22nd but since then he has not gotten anything from CIC.

Please be patient and positive about this application as am sure the reason for first refusal has been tackled. At this point your faith must do the wonders as the applicant is in order for approval. Congrats.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jejelaye01: 7:39am On Mar 28, 2017
Ejaloni123:
Good Morning, please who is willing to review my SOP for the visa application?

Please send to olajoshfirepemi@Gmail.com

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jejelaye01: 7:50am On Mar 28, 2017
olutowo:
Good job guys, plz i need ur advice on this, am planning to go for my masters in university of regina but thats not the issue, the issue is my age kus i will be 31 come october, just wanna ask whats my chances of gettin a visa besides, i finished in 2012 and am into fashion since then, am single....please help out..thanks

Hello, the gurus in the house made it clear that age does not really affect your application. But for you to get a quick response, you must provide us with your undergraduate details, intended course of study at university of regina and your cgpa at UG level.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 8:36am On Mar 28, 2017
olutowo:

there is no biggie about your age, just that your hometies have to be on point, personal assets and financial status come to play. if your proposed course of study is well aligned with ur previous education and/or employment history. i think with good app you should be good.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 11:00am On Mar 28, 2017
CanadianNurse:
haven't seen you since, but I appreciate the sample documents you sent me thanks

my regards just busy with some personal issue lately, you welcome.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 11:02am On Mar 28, 2017
Piethewitch:

I have opened but i only have only 2 pages the bio data page of my passport is not included

if you still yet to get wat u want mail dem and attach it name and passport number to mk ur reply quick. success

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.