Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

What Does It Cost To Travel To Produce Movies? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What Does It Cost To Travel To Produce Movies? (875 Views)

OMG!!! Don Jazzy Secret Exposed! See What He Does To Produce Hit Songs / What Does Sneh Mean?? / [photo] Cossy Finally Does It: Takes Off Top And Bra .. 18+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Cost To Travel To Produce Movies? by winta2007(m): 1:07pm On Dec 11, 2009
What does it cost to travel to produce movies?
Re: What Does It Cost To Travel To Produce Movies? by iice(f): 11:24am On Dec 13, 2009
Travel to where?
And shouldn't you be worrying about the cost of producing movies? undecided
Re: What Does It Cost To Travel To Produce Movies? by eddy1977(m): 5:30am On Dec 15, 2009
to travel for a movie production, it falls under the umbrella of Work visa. you will be charged other fees for doing business in a different country. movies are merchandises.
to produce a movie:
you may do it by yourself or work in conjuction with a well established house. for them to do business with u, they may wanna see your resume, and of course the money you are willing to invest in the project.

if u want to produce a movie by yourself, these r the basic things:
pre-production,production and post-production.
pre-production:
-you come up with the story (script): write it yourself or buy it from a good novel/book; or find someone to write a story for u.then you will need an editor, to make sure the script is linguisticaly correct.
-your casting; find the main character,bad guy and fill in. the actors will charge you their primes.unless you are the main character, but other famous actors who have already established a household name will need to sign contracts with you before playing.it involves money,lawyers and commodities.
-equipments:cameras,light,sound.
-your costume: will you provide the make ups and clothes?
-location,inside a studio? or in public? if in public, the city will charge you for using govmnt property.

production:

you find a good director, unless you can direct the movie yourself; the director may need a choreographer.
then you start shooting your movie

post production:
this is where the magic lies: you need computers with good softwares to mix, add sound, effects and edit the movie
when your movie is done, then you will need to do the marketing and the rest: put it in the theater or sell it yourself

sorry for the long lecture butthat's the basics i know of in videography
Re: What Does It Cost To Travel To Produce Movies? by eddy1977(m): 6:37am On Dec 15, 2009
by the way, what i laid out was "semi proffesional" movie.
but you can always try to do something in the lines of nollywood; which means: no script, no post production expertise, funky sound,no light,no choreography, too much shouting and screaming, gallons of tears,terrible dvd covers (photography) and of course no protection of the product.

just gather family members and friends and use a camcorder and try out; if you do it this way, then please do us favor: kep that movie to yourself and never sell it.

i always hide my face in shame when i watch one of those ghana or nigeria movie (i have a lot of them because i am a patriot), and i do my best to hide them from my american friends just to honor 9ja

(1) (Reply)

Interview With Award Winning Movie Director/actor, Kunle Afolayan / Sizzling Hot Swimsuit Of 2011 Ms Universe Contestants (pics) / Tosinger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.