Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) (63167 Views)

Villagers Kill Hippopotamus In Ikumo, Kogi State. Photos / Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace / Huge Python Caught In Owerri, Butchered In Front Of Children (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by chikk(f): 3:14pm On Feb 25, 2017
Nigeria my country...
Where ever animal caught in the loose is food. bush meat specifically
Where wildlife is never valued or preserved.

Many will pay money to come see this beautiful creature in a game reserve, even a makeshift one, but my people prefer to "chop today, forget tomorrow". So many beautiful creatures that most of us (myself inclusive) only see on tv end up on nairaland frontpage as bush meat/pepper soup. Having a few more of these special beautiful creatures confined in a reserve will gain some people of that state jobs, attract tourists(even if its only local ones) to the state, development and more employment opportunities, and ultimately, secure some people's future by putting money in their pockets. But for here? Mba nu, lets eat and live today, tomorrow will think for itself. God help my country Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by ephi123(f): 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2017
chikk:
Nigeria my country...

Many will pay money to come see this beautiful creature in a game reserve, even a makeshift one, but my people prefer to "chop today, forget tomorrow". So many beautiful creatures that most of us (myself inclusive) only see on tv end up on nairaland frontpage as bush meat/pepper soup. Having a few more of these special beautiful creatures confined in a reserve will gain some people of that state jobs, attract tourists(even if its only local ones) to the state, development and more employment opportunities, and ultimately, secure some people's future by putting money in their pockets. But for here? Mba nu, lets eat and live today, tomorrow will think for itself. God help my country Nigeria...

Exactly. These are potential ways to build the tourism industry but no, Nigerians keep acting barbaric.
Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by debasco1(m): 3:17pm On Feb 25, 2017
Why are we ignorant of all this, why do we like to endanger our wildlife?

1 Like

Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by Baroba(m): 3:18pm On Feb 25, 2017
napoleon77:

Game hunting is very popular here in the UK especially amongst the aristocrats so your assertion is clearly wrong and even racist.

What history is needed from seeing an animal? Especially if the animal is seen regularly? White people kill animals for fun a day care it game hunting, they even travel to Africa to kill lions etc but you are making a comment about "kill and share mentality"

Game hunting in UK has time and season, and the hunting is limited to small game animals such as rabbits and birds like pheasants and quails that are in abundance.. I dont see people hunting badgers, even fox hunting ( a well known elite sport) has been banned.. We have no culture of preservation in Nigeria, is always kill kill kill, a whale beaches, its butchered, a dolphin misses its way, its butchered, Pangolins ( a nocturnal animal that is protected by WWF, are sold in Epe market like candies). Harmless pythons are slaughtered.. Where do we stop? must we kill everything that breathes.. Some of the European hunters travel to the safari to hunt ( am not in support) but the actually pay good money which keeps the safari going and in some cases only kill old animals that are no longer productive or competing with younger animals for food.. I bet you most Nigerians here have never seen a hippo, a dolphin or a manatee, these three animals have been butchered in the last 10 months in Nigeria. We can do better as a people that's all am saying..

1 Like

Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by napoleon77(m): 3:19pm On Feb 25, 2017
ephi123:

Game hunting is not the same as killing a hippopotamus. Plus you can be jailed if you do so illegally.
https://www.gov.uk/hunting/overview

Secondly, hippos are not seen regularly.

Thirdly, the same UK you are referring to has structures in place to protect various species.

So explain to me what game hunting is?

Picture below is of Prince Harry after killing a buffalo.

So its right for animals to be killed by people from the Western World for fun but wrong if Nigerians kill animals for food?

1 Like

Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by talk2saintify(m): 3:20pm On Feb 25, 2017
wait did ah jux hear baby hippo shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 25, 2017
chikk:
Nigeria my country...

There are no reservesand untill we have such sanctuaries these things are gonna keep beimg reserved in people's stomachs.
Hippos are very dangērous creatures they were rated amongst the most deadly creatures in Africa. Plus they destroy crops. That beast can eat a whole farm grin
Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by agrovick(m): 3:22pm On Feb 25, 2017
O boy! This ninjas don't wanna hear conservation
Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by ephi123(f): 3:25pm On Feb 25, 2017
napoleon77:

So explain to me what game hunting is?

Picture below is of Prince Harry after killing a buffalo.

So its right for animals to be killed by people from the Western World for fun but wrong if Nigerians kill animals for food?

So because Prince Harry did something makes it right? Must the West constantly be our standards?
You are neither here nor there, if something is wrong it is wrong, doesn't matter if it's done by Nigerians or "Prince Harry".
Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by robosky02(m): 3:28pm On Feb 25, 2017
KAI Nigerians ehhhhhhhhh

1 Like

Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by napoleon77(m): 3:30pm On Feb 25, 2017
ephi123:

So because Prince Harry did something makes it right? Must the West constantly be our standards?
You are neither here nor there, if something is wrong it is wrong, doesn't matter if it's done by Nigerians or "Prince Harry".

Who determines if something is wrong? Is there a law against killing hippocampus for food in KebbI State?
Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by ephi123(f): 3:32pm On Feb 25, 2017
napoleon77:

Who determines if something is wrong? Is there a law against killing hippocampus for food in KebbI State?

The fact that you are asking this question says a lot. I don't have the energy to engage in back and forths. Done.
Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by napoleon77(m): 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2017
Baroba:

Game hunting in UK has time and season, and the hunting is limited to small game animals such as rabbits and birds like pheasants and quails that are in abundance.. I dont see people hunting badgers, even fox hunting ( a well known elite sport) has been banned.. We have no culture of preservation in Nigeria, is always kill kill kill, a whale beaches, its butchered, a dolphin misses its way, its butchered, Pangolins ( a nocturnal animal that is protected by WWF, are sold in Epe market like candies). Harmless pythons are slaughtered.. Where do we stop? must we kill everything that breathes.. Some of the European hunters travel to the safari to hunt ( am not in support) but the actually pay good money which keeps the safari going and in some cases only kill old animals that are no longer productive or competing with younger animals for food.. I bet you most Nigerians here have never seen a hippo, a dolphin or a manatee, these three animals have been butchered in the last 10 months in Nigeria. We can do better as a people that's all am saying..

Your point is very clear

My argument is that the people who killed the hippotamus killed it for food. If there is a law against killing hippotamus in Kebbi State then they have committed an offence.

Note that the animal was killed for food ( not illegal) unlike the attached pictures of animals killed for entertainment

Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2017
Baroba:

laughable grin grin see contradictions o! So because they pay to hunt, kill old animals, kill foxes and because they are WHITEs then it's okay. But because it's nigerians it is barbaric, that's all i can read on your sanctimonious and self righteous comments. Man! Get off your moral high horse and see things from the hungry folk point of view, just because your life is comfortable doesn't mean others is. It's funny how folk like you claim to care for animals but wouldn't mind eating chicken, fish point and kill, suya, and goat meat, isi ewu, pepper soup grin, or kill moquitoes, rats, scorpions, cocroaches and ants. grin grin one wonders.

2 Likes

Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by crispyvick(f): 3:37pm On Feb 25, 2017
wat happened to d zoo,if dis animals r being butchered lyk dis walahi our next generation will will to travel far to see common ant sef
Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by Dareomo(m): 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2017
No preservation for Wild Life in this part of the World. Watch NGW.
Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by napoleon77(m): 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2017
gypsey:
laughable grin grin see contradictions o! So because they pay to hunt, kill old animals, kill foxes and because they are WHITEs then it's okay. But because it's nigerians it is barbaric, that's all i can read on your sanctimonious and self righteous comments. Man! Get off your moral high horse and see things from the hungry folk point of view, just because your life is comfortable doesn't mean other is. It's funny how folk like you claim to care for animals but wouldn't mind eating chicken, fish point and kill, suya, and goat meat, isi ewu, pepper soup grin, or kill moquitoes, rats, scorpions, ants. grin grin one wonders.

LOL.

You hit the nail very well!
Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by pokipoki: 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2017
Pidgin2:

Yes

Very soon all our wild life will disappear!!! Then people will start eating plants.
Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
napoleon77:

LOL.

You hit the nail very well!

thanks! grin i hate hyporcrites!

2 Likes

Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by napoleon77(m): 3:44pm On Feb 25, 2017
pokipoki:

Very soon all our wild life will disappear!!! Then people will start eating plants.

Maybe we should stop eating cows, chickens, turkeys, fishes etc so that they won't disappear. We should also stop using leather products
Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by djevino(m): 3:45pm On Feb 25, 2017
soberdrunk:
grin See meat!!! Nah to load 2 crates of gulder inside freezer ooo!!!

d meat plenty oo..
e go make sense if they go digest am with chilled beer..
Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by pokipoki: 3:48pm On Feb 25, 2017
napoleon77:

Maybe we should stop eating cows, chickens, turkeys, fishes etc so that they won't disappear. We should also stop using leather products
The animals you mentioned are livestock and are reared. Hence not wild life animals. Do you rear or know where they rear a Hippo? Let us know?
Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 25, 2017
Nah recession cause dis kin ting

But honestly though shoukd have just taken it to some wild life ppl zoo or something must they kill it embarassed
Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by napoleon77(m): 3:53pm On Feb 25, 2017
pokipoki:

The animals you mentioned are livestock and are reared. Hence not wild life animals. Do you rear or know where they rear a Hippo? Let us know?

So we should stop killing bush meat and the Japanese should stop killing whales for food?
Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by EazyMoh(m): 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2017
That's sad, they could have sold it for a price of two cows.
Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 25, 2017
food don land. For this reccession eeh, every stray beast or pyton na food.
Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by adanny01(m): 3:59pm On Feb 25, 2017
These things are the kinds of things our useless National assembly should be passing laws against. Instead they are busy amending CCT laws and other irrelevant ones threatening the VP to sign.

I expected them to make a strong law against corruption possible increasing sentence to life or death, but no, that will affect them and their sponsors.

1 Like

Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by gloryman91: 4:37pm On Feb 25, 2017
You say this one na baby? I wonder how mama go look o?
Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by MrOreo(m): 4:51pm On Feb 25, 2017
Ganjafama:
Are you serious? Wetin consign Ebola consign bird now bros? Maybe you're trying to say bird flu.
Yh my bad grin
Fear catch me sef when I see the blunder, thanx

1 Like

Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by solid3(m): 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2017
ediama:
an average black man thinks only of food. less than two days from now all will be forgotten. No history and nothing educating for our children.

Kill and share mentality has eaten deep into us.

we share everything. contract money, electoral money, development levy, name it.

Guy, u dey vex o. Shuu sad angry
Re: Hippopotamus Caught In Kebbi Waters, Butchered (Photos) by penta(m): 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2017
ManirBK:
So whats the remedy about this madness?

The remedy is what PMB is currently doing. Killing corruption.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Is What Someone Begging For Money In The Church Through Whatsapp got (pix) / A White Snake Killed By My Neighbors / Fulani Herdsman Relaxing With A Bottle Of Beer (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.