Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,856 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

03 Camry Keep Blowing Efi Fuse - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 03 Camry Keep Blowing Efi Fuse (2720 Views)

Radiator Keep Blowing Water To Reservoir / Benz CIS To EFI Conversion (diy ECU "Brain Box") / Symptoms Of A Bad Or Failing Anti-lock Fuse Or Relay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

03 Camry Keep Blowing Efi Fuse by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:18pm On Feb 25, 2017
abeg help out, subject refers.

car is an 03 Camry with 2azfe engine.

no recent work done, just tried cranking it one evening and check engine light won't light up. did first level assessment and discovered it was the efi relay, not the fuse cos my Kazeem Mech here in ebonyi just bridged the fuse with copper wire during the last tune up and service.

I undid the eyesore and changed both the relay and fuse, can ran great for some days and now it keeps popping the efi fuse every 10 miles sometimes wen I just crank the engine it will pop.
I have now stocked my wallet and car with more than enough fuses.

abeg come and help oh.

Gazuzz nurey dipprtivo egunmogaji oroz

who else sef?
Re: 03 Camry Keep Blowing Efi Fuse by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:22pm On Feb 25, 2017
PS I'm good with diy

can't also scan cos right now I'm not starting without assistance from u guys and I tired of buying fuses.
my obd scanner requires me to start the car before it can read
Re: 03 Camry Keep Blowing Efi Fuse by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:08pm On Feb 25, 2017
EFI fuse controls engine ecu, start by disconnecting harness of engine ecu and trying again.
Re: 03 Camry Keep Blowing Efi Fuse by sultaan(m): 7:16pm On Feb 25, 2017
You just solved your problem without realizing it.

You fixed the eyesore that was a coverup to the mess the mechanic caused in the first place.

The easiest solution is to know what your mechanic worked on the day he decided to bridge the fuse.

My guess will be he worked on the fuel pump damaged the wiring(or damaged pump) and the exposed wires might now be touching the car body causing fuse to blow so if you find the wiring diagram you can follow it back to the fuel pump and you will find a damage somewhere.

If your mechanic replaced your fuel pump put the old on back and replace your fuel filter(not wash) see if the fuse problem returns and that will rule out a bad pump (as long as he didn't do a hack job on the wiring) . Sparks around fuel tanks can result in fire so disconnect negative battery cable first.
Re: 03 Camry Keep Blowing Efi Fuse by Nobody: 8:26pm On Feb 25, 2017
I would search online for the major grounding points on your vehicle and then make sure that those points are well grounded.

Goodluck, I hate electrical faults.
Re: 03 Camry Keep Blowing Efi Fuse by mayor2013: 8:28pm On Feb 25, 2017
Was the fuse changed with the same amperage rating as what the manufacturer recommended ? If yes then you could have a wiring issue. If No pls change fuse with amperage rating recommended by the manufacturer

1 Like

Re: 03 Camry Keep Blowing Efi Fuse by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:48pm On Feb 25, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

no recent work done, just tried cranking it one evening and check engine light won't light up. did first level assessment and discovered it was the efi relay, not the fuse cos my Kazeem Mech here in ebonyi just bridged the fuse with copper wire during the last tune up and service.

I undid the eyesore and changed both the relay and fuse, can ran great for some days and now it keeps popping the efi fuse every 10 miles sometimes wen I just crank the engine it will pop.

abeg come and help oh.

who else sef?

are your fans connected directly?
Re: 03 Camry Keep Blowing Efi Fuse by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:46pm On Feb 25, 2017
@ Gazuzz, yes it is! unfortunately. there's a thread somewhere here on nl where I'd offered d car for sale. I'll do the ecu harness thing first tin 2mao

@ mayor, fuse was changed with right amp as seen in the fuse diag shown on the fusebox cover.

@egunmogaji I have looked up the issue online, I got several answers. all lead to a short somewhere.

@ sultaan , u r spot on, fuel pump was replaced, but I have inspected the pump wiring and harness, nothing seems out of place

thank you all, I'll give feedback tomorrow morning, I just hope its as simple as unplugging and plugging something back

I wan sell the car sef

I wanna go German now, then get all tools and start working on my rides, BY MYSELF

kazeems don use me learn tire,
if anyone knows a good Mech in ebonyi....

abeg gimme contact oh
Re: 03 Camry Keep Blowing Efi Fuse by mayor2013: 9:55pm On Feb 25, 2017
If you fans are wired directly then that might just be a likely cause if current was tapped from the wrong source if otherwise you could have a short to ground somewhere
Re: 03 Camry Keep Blowing Efi Fuse by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:09pm On Feb 25, 2017
mayor what do I do, how do I trace the original wires, I know that this car and model has two fans; one for radiator and the other goes on with the Ac. am I correct ?

can I get wiring diagram for the fans?

thanks a lot
Re: 03 Camry Keep Blowing Efi Fuse by mayor2013: 6:07pm On Feb 26, 2017
obekediamondfuto:
mayor what do I do, how do I trace the original wires, I know that this car and model has two fans; one for radiator and the other goes on with the Ac. am I correct ?

can I get wiring diagram for the fans?

thanks a lot

Get an expert look at it for you
Re: 03 Camry Keep Blowing Efi Fuse by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:48am On Mar 07, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

abeg come and help oh.

who else sef?
obekediamondfuto:
PS I'm good with diy

can't also scan cos right now I'm not starting without assistance from u guys and I tired of buying fuses.
my obd scanner requires me to start the car before it can read

Gazuzz it worked, but now I have a p0500 vss code, how do I troubleshoot? I have done physical examination of the wiring, nothing seems amiss. where is this vss located and how do I examine it properly
Re: 03 Camry Keep Blowing Efi Fuse by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:05am On Mar 07, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

Gazuzz it worked, but now I have a p0500 vss code, how do I troubleshoot? I have done physical examination of the wiring, nothing seems amiss. where is this vss located and how do I examine it properly

look down by the firewall where both C.V joints (shaft cups) meet at the transmission, you will find it on the axel

Now if your vehicle is actually a 2005 and not the cosmetic one, you will not find this sensor, in that case your VSS signals are gotten from the individual wheel speed sensors. So scan ABS for more info.

Re: 03 Camry Keep Blowing Efi Fuse by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:15am On Mar 07, 2017
you are the best Gazuzz, I don become ur fan for life. if only I'd be transferred to lag........
Re: 03 Camry Keep Blowing Efi Fuse by zhikirullah(m): 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2018
Hello, top of the day to you, it is our pleasure to bring to you STRESS FREE SHIPPING SERVICES, we found out that business people, companies and individuals are always contemplating as regards HOW/WERE to experience excellent Global buying, Shipping (export/import) of your items, Custom clearing or Sourcing for merchants/supplier of your items, such as fashion & beauty, electronics, cars, heavy duty, spare part, equipment, trailers, cranes, tractors, auctions etc from any part of Europe, American, Asia or Africa, at an irresistible cost and deliver to your door step. Just relax as we handle everything on your behalf, We guarantee 100% money back. Also give us lead/referrals on any of our services and enjoy robust commission. Contact +234-8066353127, 234-8071061260 dayo.z@sclogisticsng.com or visit, www.sclogisticsng.com
Re: 03 Camry Keep Blowing Efi Fuse by erico2k2(m): 2:12pm On Mar 01, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

abeg come and help oh.

who else sef?
When fuse blow, you are meant to find out why instead of bridging 1st.SO ur kazim now need to check why it kep blowing, U need a scan and physical check, ur wires could be bridging somewhere, so ur fuse is doing the right thing if not ur car might go up in smoke
Re: 03 Camry Keep Blowing Efi Fuse by erico2k2(m): 2:15pm On Mar 01, 2018
obekediamondfuto:
@ Gazuzz, yes it is! unfortunately. there's a thread somewhere here on nl where I'd offered d car for sale. I'll do the ecu harness thing first tin 2mao

@ mayor, fuse was changed with right amp as seen in the fuse diag shown on the fusebox cover.

@egunmogaji I have looked up the issue online, I got several answers. all lead to a short somewhere.

@ sultaan , u r spot on, fuel pump was replaced, but I have inspected the pump wiring and harness, nothing seems out of place

thank you all, I'll give feedback tomorrow morning, I just hope its as simple as unplugging and plugging something back

I wan sell the car sef

I wanna go German now, then get all tools and start working on my rides, BY MYSELF

kazeems don use me learn tire,
if anyone knows a good Mech in ebonyi....

abeg gimme contact oh
ahah I thought toyota was IT 4 9ja kazeems ahahaha
Re: 03 Camry Keep Blowing Efi Fuse by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:54pm On Mar 01, 2018
erico2k2:
ahah I thought toyota was IT 4 9ja kazeems ahahaha
it still is BT Honda, na project with failure rate of 60%

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Car Brands With Best Chilling Air-conditioning System / Toyota Yaris Does Not Accelerate And Shakes On A/C / Recommend Type Of Engine Oil To Use In Avalon 2002

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.