Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,048 members, 7,821,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Quest To Know (exodus 20:7) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Quest To Know (exodus 20:7) (258 Views)

Exodus 20: Honor–summarizing The 10 Commandments / Interpretation Of Exodus 20:5-6, 'thou Shall Not Bow Down Unto Any Othe God' / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 20/7/17 Developing Godly Character (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quest To Know (exodus 20:7) by Kenmatt(m): 10:32pm On Feb 25, 2017
Greetings to you all.

I have been pondering over this for a long time now, So I decided to bring it forth for Nairalanders who are Bible students to do justice to this question.

Many a time in home movies, you will see when actors or actresses are praying as they are acting, shouting; "In the name of Jesus Christ"

My question is; doesn't this go contrary to the book of Exodus 20:7 which says; "You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold guiltless anyone who takes his name in vain"

(1) (Reply)

Children's Remains Found In Sewage Of Catholic Orphanage!!! / Any Pricks? / India Court Gives Sacred Ganges And Yamuna Rivers Human Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.