Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? (6543 Views)

Bulldog: If My Daughter Wants To Be A Prostitue At 18, I Won't Discourage Her / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady / Lessons From Marrying From A Rich Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 3:55pm On Feb 26, 2017
Have you loved someone so much but you can't just take things further because they are sick? Some people look at HIV and Genotype. Can you marry a sick person? Like someone suffering from asthma or cancer or diabetes? What are those sickness that you may notice in your partner and call it quits? In one of my group counselling sessions, the counsellor told us that he once told a man not to marry an As lady because he was also As...he said "if you go on with that, you may end up in perpetual agony". For people who are sick how do you cope with love? Rejections? and the worst of it all pity? If you had been in a relationship with a sick person can you share your experience? Did you tie the knots? How did you finally break up without your partner losing it?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 3:58pm On Feb 26, 2017
I will love to read your comments...sincerity, frankness and candid opinions will be highly appreciated.
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 4:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
I will also appreciate if you think thoroughly, and also figure out all your reservations before typing a comment.
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by STENON(f): 4:04pm On Feb 26, 2017
Hmmmmmm
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by PresVA: 4:07pm On Feb 26, 2017
if you're sick but ambitious, like you hv something going for you (no matter how lil). . someone will definitely marry you sincerely. ..

everyone can marry.. disabled people, sicklers, etcc. dey marry. ..

just have something to offer outside the illness....could be good values too, mustn't be monetary. .
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Kondomatic(m): 4:10pm On Feb 26, 2017
We all are sick

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 4:12pm On Feb 26, 2017
You may also share experiences you witnessed first hand from people around. Stories you read or movies or third party tale or fiction is grossly prohibited...
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 4:16pm On Feb 26, 2017
PresVA:
if you're sick but ambitious, like you hv something going for you (no matter how lil). . someone will definitely marry you sincerely. ..

everyone can marry.. disabled people, sicklers, etcc. dey marry. ..

just have something to offer outside the illness....could be good values too, mustn't be monetary. .
Thank you for taking time to comment but you did not answer any of the above questions. Is there any ailment in a partner you love than can change your mind? Have you witnessed any experience first hand?
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 4:17pm On Feb 26, 2017
Kondomatic:
We all are sick
noted!...jashar when service is over hop in here and do the needful...
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 4:17pm On Feb 26, 2017
STENON:
Hmmmmmm
undecided
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Emmaesty(f): 4:18pm On Feb 26, 2017
This is strong

As a lady who has the genotype AS, i cannot and will not marry someone else with the AS genotype. No matter how rich he is or how loving or caring he is, some things cannot happen. Ko le work.

Regarding other illness, I am sorry to say this but I can't marry someone with a terminal illness. It's highly traumatic seeing the one you love go through things like. What is the essence of getting married to the individual having it in mind that I'll soon become a widow or that my little baby will soon become fatherless.

I know in some cases that an healthy man can die immediately after marriage but I think it's better than for you to put yourself through the emotional trauma on purpose. Why will you let your child become fatherless at a tender age? Why will you let your in laws look at you as a bad woman if you wish to remarry after 2 years?

Though Notwithstanding, I can still get married to one who is disabled.

6 Likes

Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by PresVA: 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2017
Marxxx:
Thank you for taking time to comment but you did not answer any of the above questions. Is there any ailment in a partner you love than can change your mind? Have you witnessed any experience first hand?
Sorry, I won't be able to answer these questions because I have no experience. . my previous answer was based on my perception ...

But I still maintain that everyone can find love....

AS marrying AS is out of the question though ...
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 4:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
Emmaesty:
This is strong

As a lady who has the genotype AS, i cannot and will not marry someone else with the AS genotype. No matter how rich he is or how loving or caring he is, some things cannot happen. Ko le work.

Regarding other illness, I am sorry to say this but I can't marry someone with a terminal illness. It's highly traumatic seeing the one you love go through things like. What is the essence of getting married to the individual having it in mind that I'll soon become a widow or that my little baby will soon become fatherless.

I know in some cases that an healthy man can die immediately after marriage but I think it's better than for you to put yourself through the emotional trauma on purpose. Why will you let your child become fatherless at a tender age? Why will you let your in laws look at you as a bad woman if you wish to remarry after 2 years?

Though Notwithstanding, I can still get married to one who is disabled.

My view might still change as I get older and more wiser.
I once told you I know you!!!...I appreciate your comment...you may want to modify your last sentence...
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Emmaesty(f): 4:31pm On Feb 26, 2017
Marxxx:
I once told you I know you!!!...I appreciate your comment...you may want to modify your last sentence...
Maybe we will meet one day...... . Since we already know each other grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 4:31pm On Feb 26, 2017
PresVA:
Sorry, I won't be able to answer these questions because I have no experience. . my previous answer was based on my perception ...

But I still maintain that everyone can find love....

AS marrying AS is out of the question though ...
Have you seen a scenario where a sick person refuses to marry another sick person? Just becos the other person is sick?...funny is it not?...do have a wonderful evening...
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by BiafranBushBoy: 4:35pm On Feb 26, 2017
Emmaesty:
Maybe we will meet one day...... . Since we already know each other grin grin grin grin grin

I am AZ kiss
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by marshalcarter: 4:36pm On Feb 26, 2017
ebola nd DIRTY
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by crackhaus: 4:37pm On Feb 26, 2017
Dvmbness and stvpidity are ailments I can't overlook.

3 Likes

Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by menxer: 4:52pm On Feb 26, 2017
It's funny.
A beggar with a choice (a sick person choosing who to or not to marry).

I thought love is blind and covers all fault?
SMH

I once dated a sickler and for that short period it was a bitter sweet experience, though more bitter than sweet.

Never marry a sicker or someone with a terminal illness, if you can't stand pain or empathize with someone in pain.

Anyways, that my date is late, then I knew death could be a blessing.
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 4:53pm On Feb 26, 2017
If it were possible to read people's thought before they start typing...I would just freeze their hands before they do the damage... grin

3 Likes

Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 4:57pm On Feb 26, 2017
menxer:
It's funny.
A beggar with a choice (a sick person choosing who to or not to marry).

I thought love is blind and covers all fault?
SMH

I once dated a sickler and for that short period it was a bitter sweet experience, though more bitter than sweet.

Never marry a sicker or someone with a terminal illness, if you can't stand pain or empathize with someone in pain.

Anyways, my date is late, then I knew death could be a blessing.
wow!!! Did you break up with her before she died? How did you cope all through? At a point did you see her more as a sister than a lover? Was she addicted to painkiller?....i need answers plssss
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by menxer: 5:15pm On Feb 26, 2017
Marxxx:
wow!!! Did you break up with her before she died? How did you cope all through? At a point did you see her more as a sister than a lover? Was she addicted to painkiller?....i need answers plssss

You will never know the answers you seek untill you are there.

I choose to remember her for the good times we had.
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 26, 2017
I very much doubt I can marry someone with a terminal illness.
My FIL has one, I see what my MIL goes through.
My friend is married to one, and she is always crying whenever he's down. So many times she has gotten to that point of losing him_ she is 27. No issues yet.

One day, I had to ask her if she knew of his condition prior to marriage and she said YES but she loves him and didn't know it will be this trying. It's not an easy road to walk, no one should be blackmailed or coerced into entering such union. You need to be very prepared for it...

One similarity I observed in both men above is how they emotionally blackmail their wives.
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by poshestmina(f): 5:25pm On Feb 26, 2017
Terminal sickness and same AS genotype as me .

1 Like

Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 5:30pm On Feb 26, 2017
menxer:

You will never know the answers you seek untill you are there.

I choose to remember her for the good times we had.
You are making it more difficult and complex than I thought...thanks anyway...
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Emmaesty(f): 5:34pm On Feb 26, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

I am AZ kiss
Esty cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 5:40pm On Feb 26, 2017
PaperLace:
I very much doubt I can marry someone with a terminal illness.
My FIL has one, I see what my MIL goes through.
My friend is married to one, and she is always crying whenever he's down. So many times she has gotten to that point of losing him_ she is 27. No issues yet.

One day, I had to ask her if she knew of his condition prior to marriage and she said YES but she loves him and didn't know it will be this trying. It's not an easy road to walk, no one should be blackmailed or coerced into entering such union. You need to be very prepared for it...

One similarity I observed in both men above is how they emotionally blackmail their wives.
I can imagine....blackmailing is wrong! But is painful...sometimes all you hope for is a miracle. Is the guy buoyant enough? How are they keeping up financially? Does he work? Terminal illness can make you go broke in a blink...everyday is misery. Sometimes when you sleep you just pray you don't get to open your eyes...let it just end there...? What is the nature of his illness?...I wish I could ask so many personal questions. I know you only have limited info. Thanks for sharing...
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 5:42pm On Feb 26, 2017
poshestmina:
Terminal sickness and same AS genotype as me .
ok...can you be more specific about the type of terminal illness you cannot tolerate...
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 26, 2017
Marxxx:
I can imagine....blackmailing is wrong! But is painful...sometimes all you hope for is a miracle. Is the guy buoyant enough? How are they keeping up financially? Does he work? Terminal illness can make you go broke in a blink...everyday is misery. Sometimes when you sleep you just pray you don't get to open your eyes...let it just end there...? What is the nature of his illness?...I wish I could ask so many personal questions. I know you only have limited info. Thanks for sharing...
He isn't entirely buoyant, but they are okay for a young couple. Financially? It's draining!
They both work and spend it on medicals.

I know a whole lot about them and he knows I know because I am one person she confides in. Most people in that situation resort to blackmail advertently/inadvertently, it must be their own way of making sure you remain loyal to them_ they can't help it.

Nature of illness? It's much dear.
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by BiafranBushBoy: 6:33pm On Feb 26, 2017
Emmaesty:
Esty cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lol... Whas that one?
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Dyt(f): 6:43pm On Feb 26, 2017
Marxxx found love and has decided to take a boss step?
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 6:52pm On Feb 26, 2017
Dyt:
Marxxx found love and has decided to take a boss step?
grin. My bosom friend...No love found! I am trying to have a compilation of responses for my counselling sessions. How are you? How is little man?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cheating Wife Busted On Radio / How To Keep Your Gay Life Secret In Naija By Chinua Onwukike / Waking Up With Three Unexplained Scratches On My Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.