Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? (6548 Views)

Bulldog: If My Daughter Wants To Be A Prostitue At 18, I Won't Discourage Her / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady / Lessons From Marrying From A Rich Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 6:56pm On Feb 26, 2017
PaperLace:

He isn't entirely buoyant, but they are okay for a young couple. Financially? It's draining!
They both work and spend it on medicals.

I know a whole lot about them and he knows I know because I am one person she confides in. Most people in that situation resort to blackmail advertently/inadvertently, it must be their own way of making sure you remain loyal to them_ they can't help it.

Nature of illness? It's much dear.
I will appreciate it if I can get the nature of his illness? What kind of work does he do? I wanted to start a foundation for cancer but when I started changing chemo, for more expensive drug therapy the foundation died...is he addicted to any substance? Well since he still works I think it's a bit less intense.
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Emmaesty(f): 6:56pm On Feb 26, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Lol... Whas that one?
Me na grin or are we not friends anymore sad
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Dyt(f): 7:07pm On Feb 26, 2017
Marxxx:
grin. My bosom friend...No love found! I am trying to have a compilation of responses for my counselling sessions. How are you? How is little man?

Oh nice

We are awesome
smiley

Glad you shaking it off
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by jashar(f): 8:29pm On Feb 26, 2017
Marxxx:
noted!...jashar when service is over hop in here and do the needful...

Hallos dear. The truth is I don't know. It takes more than love to keep a marriage anyway.

Like one of my lecturers say,' in the long-run, we're all dead.

I know you don't wanna reference movies, but I watched 'Me Before You' last year December. That lady was willing to put up with him, but he chose not to have that. I like to think that there are selfless people like that.

In other news, I like the fact that you're considering marriage. cheesy
Don't worry, you'll find that special someone wink grin

You sef know I must be there. grin

How body?
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by sisisioge: 8:48pm On Feb 26, 2017
Hmmmmmm...

I'm AA but once dated an SS dude. He was all over me but I couldn't move past the fact that there will be times he would have crisis. The relationship was cool while it lasted but I knew it wasn't gonna go past the peripheral.

I can't handle watching loved ones fall sick...It kills me over and over. Last year for about a month, I turned a nurse on my sis. She had a surgery. It was so painful watching her...I bathed her, nursed the wounds , kept vigil on her and just plain worry about her. I ended up losing about 8kg in one month! She's my favorite family. Now, imagine me going into a relationship knowing there will be many times like that...Can't deal.
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Abdullateef77(m): 8:54pm On Feb 26, 2017
jashar:

Hallos dear. The truth is I don't know. It takes more than love to keep a marriage anyway.

Like one of my lecturer says,' in the long-run, we're all dead.

I know you don't wanna reference movies, but I watched 'Me Before You' last year December. That lady was willing to put up with him, but he chose not to have that. I like to think that there are selfless people like that.

How body?

when I saw the topic me before you was the first thing that came to my mind and the funniest thing is that I just watched it today.
coming back to the topic,i know you would be expecting an eperience or a scenerio but just pardon me.the French say that "it is the faith of glass to break",well I say it is that the faith of humans to die so what the hell,we still gonna die anyway.
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by BiafranBushBoy: 10:25pm On Feb 26, 2017
Emmaesty:
Me na grin or are we not friends anymore sad

If we are frnds... Why haven't you replied my pm?? angry embarassed
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Emmaesty(f): 10:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

If we are frnds... Why haven't you replied my pm?? angry embarassed
I haven't seen anything oh.... ... Maybe the gods are against our friendship grin cheesy grin
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by baby124: 10:36pm On Feb 26, 2017
Terminal illnesses are no easy feat and should not be forced on a girlfriend or boyfriend. Only wives and husbands should deal with such. It's not selfish if the bf or gf decides to leave. They don't have a commitment to the ill person, they also have a right to having a life free of such emotional stresses
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by BiafranBushBoy: 10:37pm On Feb 26, 2017
Emmaesty:
I haven't seen anything oh.... ... Maybe the gods are against our friendship grin cheesy grin

cheesy cheesy.. Shebi?

those gods sef angry

I will pray over it cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 10:44pm On Feb 26, 2017
sisisioge:
Hmmmmmm...

I'm AA but once dated an SS dude. He was all over me but I couldn't move past the fact that there will be times he would have crisis. The relationship was cool while it lasted but I knew it wasn't gonna go past the peripheral.

I can't handle watching loved ones fall sick...It kills me over and over. Last year for about a month, I turned a nurse on my sis. She had a surgery. It was so painful watching her...I bathed her, nursed the wounds , kept vigil on her and just plain worry about her. I ended up losing about 8kg in one month! She's my favorite family. Now, imagine me going into a relationship knowing there will be many times like that...Can't deal.
Are you guys still together? Do you see him more as a brother than a lover? Was your love for him out of pity? How did you guys break up? Was he addicted to painkillers? Did he discuss future plans with you? What was his source of livelihood? Did you love him? Did he get depressed often? Were you aware of his ailment before dating him? How did he handle the trauma of breaking up?...I will love to hear from you...please...
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 10:47pm On Feb 26, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

cheesy cheesy.. Shebi?

those gods sef angry

I will pray over it cheesy cheesy
you are derailing...
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 10:50pm On Feb 26, 2017
Abdullateef77:

when I saw the topic me before you was the first thing that came to my mind and the funniest thing is that I just watched it today.
coming back to the topic,i know you would be expecting an eperience or a scenerio but just pardon me.the French say that "it is the faith of glass to break",well I say it is that the faith of humans to die so what the hell,we still gonna die anyway.
lol...but you did not answer the questions. Be specific....
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 10:59pm On Feb 26, 2017
jashar:

Like one of my lecturer says,' in the long-run, we're all dead.

How body?
why does everyone thinks I am considering marriage I am working on a project, sourcing for data and all...it will help decision making during counselling and also help people with terminal illness...but who knows... wink

1 Like

Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by BiafranBushBoy: 11:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
Marxxx:
you are derailing...

Sorry Sir lipsrsealed
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by jashar(f): 6:52am On Feb 27, 2017
Marxxx:
why does everyone thinks I am considering marriage I am working on a project, sourcing for data and all...it will help decision making during counselling and also help people with terminal illness...but who knows... wink

Any which way, grin, sincerely, I'm happy for you that you're working on projects to keep busy and active.

How's it going? Have your hair finish from ya head? cheesy how's your niece that taught you how to braid? Braid that you've still not done for me. undecided Diaris God ooo tongue

1 Like

Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by sisisioge: 7:14am On Feb 27, 2017
Marxxx:
Are you guys still together? Do you see him more as a brother than a lover? Was your love for him out of pity? How did you guys break up? Was he addicted to painkillers? Did he discuss future plans with you? What was his source of livelihood? Did you love him? Did he get depressed often? Were you aware of his ailment before dating him? How did he handle the trauma of breaking up?...I will love to hear from you...please...

No we aren't still together. Relationship ended a gazillion years ago. No, we were neither lovers nor siblings...We just dated. I liked him cos he was so cute...His health issue was a bummer. He takes his medications religiously...even reminded him about them(don't know if there was an addiction) we broke up normally...Gradual withdrawal until the question was asked(he knew it wasn't for the long haul)He discussed what he wanted in the future but I wasn't interested...He knew. He had a rich family,we were still in school. No, I wasn't in love with him. Well, he sometimes get depressed but I was too much of energy to allow him to that for long. Yes, guy is SS with the yellow eyes. Well, I wasn't around to see if there was a trauma...May God forgive me. Whew...I managed to answer all, even down to the repeated questions.

Thing is, I was young and not this wise when I dated. I probably won't do that now though my reckless abandon with his feelings and situation had me dating him like I would any other. No special treatments (handling with gloves hands) He was my BF for as long as it lasted and we had all the fun there was to have without a thought given to his health status. He was just a regular cute boy I knew I couldn't marry albeit SS.
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 27, 2017
A lady I know is married to her rich husband who unfortunately has sickle cell. Guess what? She is a nurse. So she attends to him and treats him anytime he has episodes. Her family does not really approve and think she is in it for the money.
Well, at least the man and his family does not need to worry about his health since he has a nurse wife. And she in turn gets to enjoy the good things of life. The only comma is that she is yet to conceive and knowing Africa, I dont trust the man's family to settle her well for her services if he passes away suddenly without a heir. God dey.
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by obicentlis: 3:06am On Feb 28, 2017
I know of close friend that married HIV + lady , he thinks that k don't know her wife statues but I found out through the drugs that was given to the baby. From my findings, the man is still negative and I have been wondering how possible It is for them to live together knowing fully well of her wife conditions.
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by simiolu1(m): 11:49am On Feb 28, 2017
Op, I admire your strength; these type of questions are not easy for people to answer as it makes you see life and marriage from another point of view.

I am SC (a rare mutation of the SS genotype) and I used to have episodes a lot. Got addicted to pain killers at some point but stopped because I had ulcer (I no wan die as a small boy na). I used to be secretive about my condition but I told the girl I was dating then in school. I remember one night; I couldn't sleep because my spine was aching. She called me because of Xtracool but ended up singing to me for close to one hour (she had a damned good voice). That is the only time in my adult life that I ever cried to a gf. The pain, the songs and the love just made me loose it. She woke up her mum to pray for me too. Interesting thing is my elder brother left the mattress for me to sleep on the floor because I was just writhing in pain and disturbing his sleep.

After that episode, I made up my mind never to tell or call her during another episode. It wasn't just fair mehn. So right now before things get serious between any lady and I; I ask for their genotype and talk about my medical history too. Most don't know about the existence of SC or even AC so I just go ahead and give them the lecture.

However, I can't marry someone with a terminal illness or HIV; but if the illness starts after we get married, we'll face it together (though I pray this doesn't happen). I also can't marry someone who is not AA. I'm not going to inflict the pain of being SC on any of my offspring.

8 Likes

Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 01, 2017
I Can If Am Madly Inlove Wit D Person And We Re Financially Ok In Order Nt To Go Beggin During D Painful Moments... I Believe In Prayers... Who Knws God Can Keep Him Even Till Old Age And Possibly Healed D Person! God Help Us
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by jashar(f): 5:45pm On Mar 17, 2017
simiolu1:
Op, I admire your strength; these type of questions are not easy for people to answer as it makes you see life and marriage from another point of view.

I am SC (a rare mutation of the SS genotype) and I used to have episodes a lot. Got addicted to pain killers at some point but stopped because I had ulcer (I no wan die as a small boy na). I used to be secretive about my condition but I told the girl I was dating then in school. I remember one night; I couldn't sleep because my spine was aching. She called me because of Xtracool but ended up singing to me for close to one hour (she had a damned good voice). That is the only time in my adult life that I ever cried to a gf. The pain, the songs and the love just made me loose it. She woke up her mum to pray for me too. Interesting thing is my elder brother left the mattress for me to sleep on the floor because I was just writhing in pain and disturbing his sleep.

After that episode, I made up my mind never to tell or call her during another episode. It wasn't just fair mehn. So right now before things get serious between any lady and I; I ask for their genotype and talk about my medical history too. Most don't know about the existence of SC or even AC so I just go ahead and give them the lecture.

However, I can't marry someone with a terminal illness or HIV; but if the illness starts after we get married, we'll face it together (though I pray this doesn't happen). I also can't marry someone who is not AA. I'm not going to inflict the pain of being SC on any of my offspring.

Touching story.

So, you let that babe go cuz she wasn't AA right? hmmm.... that's a tough one. The babe must have really cared about you for her to wake her ma up to pray for you. cry cry cry

Interestingly, I didn't know about the existence of AC genotype till i met my ex. It's really not that common so, people don'e get to talk about it. AS and AC is a bad combo too..

May you get your heart's desires.

in other news, Marxxx.... come out of your hibernation.
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by simiolu1(m): 9:06am On Mar 21, 2017
jashar:

Touching story.

So, you let that babe go cuz she wasn't AA right? hmmm.... that's a tough one. The babe must have really cared about you for her to wake her ma up to pray for you. cry cry cry

Interestingly, I didn't know about the existence of AC genotype till i met my ex. It's really not that common so, people don'e get to talk about it. AS and AC is a bad combo too..

May you get your heart's desires.

in other news, Marxxx.... come out of your hibernation.

Our break-up wasn't caused by health related issues. I was the one that messed up! To be candid, I have decided that when pepper rest; I'd do something small to show her that I appreciate all she did for me.

There was a time she wanted to come spend a week with me in school because I had an episode. Another time, I had an accident in school that left me unconscious for over 8 hours. The friend with me told me anytime I regained some level of consciousness, I would tell him to inform her that I had an accident before passing out. The guy teased me die!!! Those episodes made me see the how illnesses affect the people close to us-our family, friends and loved ones.

In some cases, life happens and things you don't plan for surface. I know a couple; very close to the husband. They noticed their daughter (who was a few months from turning 5) was feeling weak intermittently and took her to LUTH. She would be discharged today, next day or two days after, they are back in the hospital. These continued for about 2 months.

In that short time, the husband (a man less than 40) started having white hair; the wife lost weight. Tests upon tests upon tests were done; diagnosis was a heart condition. The husband seeing the way things were going knew if he didn't do something, they were going to lose her. He arranged for a trip to the US where the girl got excellent care.

Can you imagine the stress of taking care of your wife and 2 kids in the US from Nigeria; the medical bills; worry etc. I saw it live on this man but he carried it gracefully. Only we that are close to him knew the strain he was under. All these happened between Oct 2016 - Feb 2017.

That is why I believe nobody has the right to keep any health-related challenge from someone they want to marry because of fear of rejection. That is not love; it is blackmail and betrayal.

Topics like these should make front page but the mods would rather us read about gossip and entertainment.

2 Likes

Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by jashar(f): 9:28am On Mar 21, 2017
simiolu1:

Our break-up wasn't caused by health related issues. I was the one that messed up! To be candid, I have decided that when pepper rest; I'd do something small to show her that I appreciate all she did for me.

There was a time she wanted to come spend a week with me in school because I had an episode. Another time, I had an accident in school that left me unconscious for over 8 hours. The friend with me told me anytime I regained some level of consciousness, I would tell him to inform her that I had an accident before passing out. The guy teased me die!!! Those episodes made me see the how illnesses affect the people close to us-our family, friends and loved ones.

That is why I believe nobody has the right to keep any health-related challenge from someone they want to marry because of fear of rejection. That is not love; it is blackmail.

Topics like these should make front page but the mods would rather us read about gossip and entertainment.

awwhhhh!!!!!!! She sounds like a keeper. cry

See ya round head like coconut. Why you go and mess up something good?

Lolz.....

You have valid points though.
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by simiolu1(m): 9:34am On Mar 21, 2017
jashar:

awwhhhh!!!!!!! She sounds like a keeper. cry

See ya round head like coconut. Why you go and mess up something good?

Lolz.....

You have valid points though.

Sometimes, you don't know what you have until you lose it. And have you seen my head before? Go jor

3 Likes

Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by jashar(f): 10:04am On Mar 21, 2017
simiolu1:

Sometimes, you don't know what you have until you lose it. And have you seen my head before? Go jor

Sage words......

But hey, the past is past right?

Life goes on.....

grin cheesy grin Lemme come and be going ooo>>>>>>

1 Like

Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by haftob(m): 6:19pm On Aug 29, 2017
Where's Marxx? It's been long he posted, I hope he's fine
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by jashar(f): 12:42pm On Aug 30, 2017
haftob:

it's true ooo......

Marxxx, Marxxx, Marxxx.....
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by loshybab(m): 11:23pm On Aug 31, 2017
Marxxx:
wow!!! Did you break up with her before she died? How did you cope all through? At a point did you see her more as a sister than a lover? Was she addicted to painkiller?....i need answers plssss
seems you're in a relationship with one right?
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 9:21pm On Sep 09, 2017
loshybab:

seems you're in a relationship with one right?
Not at all
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 9:38pm On Sep 09, 2017
jashar:

it's true ooo......

Marxxx, Marxxx, Marxxx.....
My friend!!! I can barely read your post...how are you? I trust you are good? I am having the best and the worst of times. I am quite glad you still keep in touch, quite thoughtful of you. How is your programme? Academics? Work? I am probably guessing I have lost touch with some of the things you preoccupied yourself with...pardon my ignorance if I don't recall some important things about you.
I am old now hence I may not be swift to reply ur posts but I will read as many as I find interesting. Take care dearest...

Jashar who won the 2016 NL ladies contest?
Re: What Ailment(s) Can Discourage You From Marrying A Partner? by Marxxx: 9:44pm On Sep 09, 2017
haftob:
Hello, it is my pleasure to make ur acquaintance. I am fine. I trust you are? Take care

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Don't Know What To Do......suggestions Please / How To Keep Your Gay Life Secret In Naija By Chinua Onwukike / I feel Cheated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.