Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Warning To All Job Seekers - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Warning To All Job Seekers (16750 Views)

Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted / Man Narrates How He Disqualified 3 Job Seekers For Not Having PVC / Warning To All Employed People Applying For N-Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by mccoy47(m): 10:55am On Feb 27, 2017
As this was happening a guy from no where came behind me all I heard was "my case is different " and I said so is mine.

He said he saw the winners bangle I was wearing that I should meet him outside the gate.

Mtchewww! Mumu fake story angry

1 Like

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by Kenchukky(m): 11:01am On Feb 27, 2017
Has it gotten so bad you look for job on jiji.com. That website is full of scammers. If you ask me nobody should have anything to do with it. Scammers are running that site. Countless people have been ripped off especially with their car sale adverts.

1 Like

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by nenergy(m): 11:06am On Feb 27, 2017
See graduates believing this FAKE story. That's why you're unemployed grin

2 Likes

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by stefanweeks: 11:06am On Feb 27, 2017
Another twist

What if that guy told you that just to reduce the number of competitors (Applicant) he has to come against thereby making him the last man standing

I smell lies in this story

2 Likes

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 27, 2017
VickyRotex:
Wow, this is scary!
Thank God for him/her.
Mami, being a while....

Jus checking on you o
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by dominique(f): 11:16am On Feb 27, 2017
Nigerians are very sold to religion sha

1 Like

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by LEOSIRSIR(m): 11:18am On Feb 27, 2017
sad sad sad
ogedanny:
From my inbox

Amanda,Greetings from Lagos.pls help me share cos I know most of your followers are here in Lagos. its God that
saved me yesterday.I applied for a job via Jiji on Monday, on Wednesday I was called for interview in Maryland Lagos.I got to Maryland took a bike to the location for the interview. When I got to the lonely building in mende there in Maryland, Okada dropped me and left, no one to ask a question, I called the number that was attached to the message of interview to tell him I'm at the venue, he picked and said his men are downstairs, I looked around and saw two men, the looks on their faces was not funny.They asked me to open the message for them to see, I opened it, after Reading they said I belong to room one, that I should switch off my phone b4 climbing the stairs, I told them I'm not expecting any call, they said its compulsory.I asked them how long the interview will last and they said 3 to 4hrs, I was tired. I told them to give me a minute let me inform my pple that I won't be hD
me early as I told them, l went towards the gate to call my sister, as I was answering the call two men came down making them four, they started shouting on me that I'm wasting their time that is like I'm not ready for the job.As this was happening a guy from no where came behind me all I heard was "my case is different "and I said so is mine.

He said he saw the winners bangle I was wearing that I should meet him outside the gate. I followed him, he asked what brought me here, I told him I came for an interview, he said I should thank my God that I saw him if not it will be a different story by evening.That I should leave the place immediately that the pple are using charms on pple. I thanked him and entered a bike that dropped one guy at the gate there and left. They called and called I no pick.This morning they sent a text that my interview has been rescheduled.Lets be vigilant with online Jobs I have not been myself since yesterday, have been on thoughts. But I thank God for saving cos I don't know what the story could have been. Family Pls let be careful OK. Luv u all.

Forwarded as recieved
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by rayboy(f): 11:22am On Feb 27, 2017
[d poster s just tryn to advrtize his/her church)

Amanda,Greetings from Lagos.pls help me share cos I know most of your followers are here in Lagos. its God that
saved me yesterday.I applied for a job via Jiji on Monday, on Wednesday I was called for interview in Maryland Lagos.I got to Maryland took a bike to the location for the interview. When I got to the lonely building in mende there in Maryland, Okada dropped me and left, no one to ask a question, I called the number that was attached to the message of interview to tell him I'm at the venue, he picked and said his men are downstairs, I looked around and saw two men, the looks on their faces was not funny.They asked me to open the message for them to see, I opened it, after Reading they said I belong to room one, that I should switch off my phone b4 climbing the stairs, I told them I'm not expecting any call, they said its compulsory.I asked them how long the interview will last and they said 3 to 4hrs, I was tired. I told them to give me a minute let me inform my pple that I won't be hD
me early as I told them, l went towards the gate to call my sister, as I was answering the call two men came down making them four, they started shouting on me that I'm wasting their time that is like I'm not ready for the job.As this was happening a guy from no where came behind me all I heard was "my case is different "and I said so is mine.

He said he saw the winners bangle I was wearing that I should meet him outside the gate. I followed him, he asked what brought me here, I told him I came for an interview, he said I should thank my God that I saw him if not it will be a different story by evening.That I should leave the place immediately that the pple are using charms on pple. I thanked him and entered a bike that dropped one guy at the gate there and left. They called and called I no pick.This morning they sent a text that my interview has been rescheduled.Lets be vigilant with online Jobs I have not been myself since yesterday, have been on thoughts. But I thank God for saving cos I don't know what the story could have been. Family Pls let be careful OK. Luv u all.

Forwarded as recieved[/quote]
ogedanny:
From my inbox

Forwarded as recieved
[quote author=ogedanny post=54091052]From my inbox

saved me yesterday.I applied for a job via Jiji on Monday, on Wednesday I was called for interview in Maryland Lagos.I got to Maryland took a bike to the location for the interview. When I got to the lonely building in mende there in Mar
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by rayboy(f): 11:24am On Feb 27, 2017
Stop all ds church advert brethren: the strange man saw ur winner wrist band!! Indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by CellTabRepairs: 11:30am On Feb 27, 2017
Barmmyshoes:
Hmmmmmmmm. Thank God for your life oooo!!!!

Instead of looking for a job here and there, take your time to go and learn a trade.

As for me ooo. I AM A FEMALE SHOEMAKER and instead of me to be looking for job, na people go work under me. Wish all job seekers all the best in their job hunting.

Check my signature for your stylish and quality footwears.

Great!

Names and addresses of such scam places should be published and if you escape a terrible experience, think of others like you and report to the authorities, not just thanking God for yourself alone.

It is not enough to earn and carry about a certificate! That's phase 1.
Life is about relevance and proffering solutions. Someone right now somewhere is looking for someone who can do something for him/her and get paid! Opportunity Meets with preparation! Is your worth only in that paper certificate even though you hardly have a REAL skill?

Therefore;
While you search for that job and keep waiting (very frustrating), DO NOT WAIT IN PERPETUITY! You might consider investing in knowledge-based skill that has unending returns. EACH DAY , YOUR CAPITAL IS YOUR KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & BARE HANDS!

**Click My Name & View That Resource You Might Need!**
February 2017 ends tomorrow! The thief you harbour is PROCRASTINATION!

1 Like

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by skyhighweb(m): 11:32am On Feb 27, 2017
enough of this rubbish about job this n that, that went bad, una no dey ever post address or link where una find d job ad, person go write full story no names no address nothing just story.

2 Likes

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by Blonchilli(m): 11:43am On Feb 27, 2017
WeNoGoDie:
The Op ogedanny, if this story is true what stops the fellow that had this encounter from exposing the names and address of this organization to the police, EFCC and even on this forum so the place will be raided and investigated and as well innocent lives will be saved from visiting there.

It will be suspicious and even pure wickedness if the supposed escape
victim refuses to expose this place.

I always get to hear stories like this but funny enough he names and addresses are never disclosed thereby encouraging the evil to continue.
Exactly. As far as no address was given and it wasn't reported it makes the story seem fabricated

1 Like

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by ikemesit4477: 11:44am On Feb 27, 2017
ogedanny:
From my inbox

Forwarded as recieved
No so I receive one from NGC five days ago, they said dress well come with your writing material, I quickly grab it that is fake!
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by temodent(m): 11:44am On Feb 27, 2017
WeNoGoDie:
The Op ogedanny, if this story is true what stops the fellow that had this encounter from exposing the names and address of this organization to the police, EFCC and even on this forum so the place will be raided and investigated and as well innocent lives will be saved from visiting there.

I always get to hear stories like this but funny enough he names and addresses are never disclosed thereby encouraging the evil to continue.

You are absolutely correct. Me think most of these things are mere made up that's why they dont get to mention details and get specific.

1 Like

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by Kx: 12:03pm On Feb 27, 2017
Am not doubting this testimony BUT

You vividly remember "my case is different. Winners bangle" etc but you won't talk about d address of d place and the phone number that sent u d sms?

Are we encouraging these fraudulent ppl by hiding their id's?

3 Likes

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by correctguy101(m): 12:03pm On Feb 27, 2017
WeNoGoDie:

seconded.

I support u on this.

if they're left to continue, ogedanny. just know you're as guilty as the evil perpetrators of such heinous acts.

give their address and anything to locate them even the number let's take it up to save our fellow countrymen from such blood thirsty manimals
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by LorDBolton(m): 12:07pm On Feb 27, 2017
If u believe this poo then u a potential 419 victim.
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by xxgig(m): 12:12pm On Feb 27, 2017
EddyBrendan1:
angry angry
So to save a fellow brother's life is now based on church affiliation.. Issokay.. Is it not Nigeria again.
The guy that passed you and went inside, his people no go hear different story about am abi.
i don't think so, i believe it gave him something to start a conversation with her.
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by bigiyaro(m): 12:13pm On Feb 27, 2017
WeNoGoDie:

what report? that he was called for an interview or what? Metcheww wetin concern efcc for this matter? is conducting an interview an economic crime?
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by vislabraye(m): 12:17pm On Feb 27, 2017
ogedanny:
From my inbox

Forwarded as recieved

Thank God for you. I've noticed that Jiji is home for all sorts. Smh.
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 27, 2017
Thank God I ignored their interview, I also applied via jiji
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by don4real18(m): 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
hysteriabox:
Did you say Mende Maryland? Thats the location on the text I got too. shocked Hmmm. Wonders!

But my question is the guy that helped u cos he saw winners bangle...so he helps ppl based on church affiliation? Cos if I had honored the text, and ur guy saw me, I most probably would not be wearing any church sticker...I can't help but imagine how he would have let me go in. Only God knows how many were taken simply because their "case was not different"..

Just saying
screenshot of the text
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by gsharp12(m): 1:10pm On Feb 27, 2017
this is a lie and not confirmed, and pls no one should jump into conclusion. mende maryland is the safest place u can ever think of. ive lived at mende for over eighteen years and after i left the area i still visit mende regularly.. i probably might know the place in particular but one tin i can assure you is that notin skeptical or criminal activities happens there.. the truth is that the person in question had a skeptical mind set so any instructions u were given prior to the interview became skeptical. anyone who is familiar with mende maryland can testify that the area is safe. and nothing absurd happens like that
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by hysteriabox(m): 2:06pm On Feb 27, 2017
don4real18:

screenshot of the text

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by VickyRotex(f): 2:29pm On Feb 27, 2017
TheSlyone2:

Mami, being a while....

Jus checking on you o

Thank you Bami!
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 27, 2017
VickyRotex:

Thank you Bami!
I thought I could help it but I can't...

I just have to miss you somehow
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by Ayodele32: 3:12pm On Feb 27, 2017
Here is mine : Base on your profile, the HR/DIR/89 invites you for an assessment at 1, Olabisi close, Mende, Maryland Lagos on Thursday 02/02/2017 by 10am.
NOTE: Lagos residents only. 07053404130.
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by VickyRotex(f): 3:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
TheSlyone2:

I thought I could help it but I can't...

I just have to miss you somehow

Ehhh! Shuuuuu! I guess you wanted to quote someone else!
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 27, 2017
VickyRotex:

Ehhh! Shuuuuu! I guess you wanted to quote someone else!
Nah...
Madam Vicky na you o
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by VickyRotex(f): 3:27pm On Feb 27, 2017
TheSlyone2:

Nah...

Madam Vicky na you o

Ayam not understanding!
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 27, 2017
VickyRotex:

Ayam not understanding!
What is it that you are not understanding?

Can't I miss you again??
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by shinel(f): 4:20pm On Feb 27, 2017
ogedanny:
From my inbox

Forwarded as recieved

Your post makes no sense if you have no full information of the incident.

No address
Phone contact.
Text message you got.

This are traceable information for security agencies, just because you didn't fall victim doesn't mean you should allow others fall victim.

Always do the needful.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities / ipNX 2018 Massive Recruitment (27 Positions) / Akwa Ibom Bars N-power Beneficiaries From Teacher’s Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.