Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,833 members, 7,837,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Landlord Wahala - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Landlord Wahala (603 Views)

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them / Landlord Wahala / Our Landlord Says He Fathered My Second Baby, Insists On Naming Him —husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landlord Wahala by J0hnTrevolt(m): 11:29am On Feb 27, 2017
Please dear family men/women.
I wish to know how much is reasonable to pay for water monthly.
I moved into a newly built 2 bedroom flat where the landlord lives wit us his house rent is 30k a month nd he charges 2k for pumping of water every month and mind u theres always light at night and he usually pumps it wit electricity.

Secondly, February electricity bill came out and everyone in d house was billed 3k. We hardly use any gadgets BTW. Its a block of 8 Flats. Isnt this bills crazy?

Im jus a civil servant oo
Re: Landlord Wahala by yomi007k(m): 11:38am On Feb 27, 2017
undecided

Oga dd mata no require plenty English....jus get another place or having a meeting with him.

Some landlord dy take cocaine n na tenant go pay.
Re: Landlord Wahala by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 27, 2017
He is extorting you tenants. Why would he pump water with NEPA light and still charge you? Oh... whose meter is the pump connected to? I guess the landlord's.
If not, object vehemently to the water bill. My house water pump is connected directly to NEPA pole. Not to any of our pre-paid meters.
About the electricity bill, the only way to pay for what you actually use be it little or much, is to get a pre-paid meter. You guys can agree with your landlord and call NEPA to come and fix pre-paid for you. A box cost about 10k as at early last year.
Re: Landlord Wahala by babythug(f): 11:59am On Feb 27, 2017
Don't just assume the landlord is over charging he may not be doing so.

Take charge of the situation and ask to see the electricity bill for a start then you'll know if it was properly divided or not. The next option is to arrange for your meter and pay your bills directly. If that's not feasible then you'd have to keep sharing the bills equally with the other tenants...

As for the water rates you can ask the man to review the rates in view of constant electricity available now or insist that it shouldn't be increased within the next one year.
Re: Landlord Wahala by J0hnTrevolt(m): 12:32pm On Feb 27, 2017
We dnt use any type of meter in d house ooo Nepa dy giv us estimate bill of 3k for each flat and the landlord is not willing to budge on d water bill oo. The pumping machine is connected to his flat and only him operates it. Ah don tire

(1) (Reply)

The Life I Never Wished For / The Cross Of The First Child / Could This Have Stopped Somebody Like Evans From Getting Informants?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.