Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,586 members, 7,958,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:47 AM

Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) (25976 Views)

Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers / Photos From A Ugandan Mass Wedding As 200 Brides Wed / Lady Causes A Stir At Wedding For Wearing Similar Gown With The Bride (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by esthadewunmi(f): 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2017
Northern people nah original munmun tongue if to check nag teenager go plenty among the brides . angry cheesy grin
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by otitokoroleti: 5:19pm On Feb 27, 2017
Danty37:
[s][/s]
see what is coming out from ur mouth... This shows u are nt better than them..
ayam beta than dem!
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by sameagles(m): 5:29pm On Feb 27, 2017
the amount spent is not my issue, do we call this a state government projects, and they will cater for them for life?

give them house, feed the couple and the children, send the children to school, medical bills, clothes them and many more as a family man experience?, remember many of this couples don't have a job, remember there is no stable government no stable policy, this is creating more future almajiris.....
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 27, 2017
darfay:
And they budgeted for that with no adequate budget for education. The distance between habokis and common senz ehn
1 billion light years away...
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by malware: 5:41pm On Feb 27, 2017
I am a core northerner and a defender of the north but I am not with my people on this one.

There is no wisdom in marrying off someone who cannot afford marriage. How would they sustain the union if they cannot affors N20, 000?

Useless leaders wasting taxpayers money since 001BC
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by Ahmeduana(m): 6:22pm On Feb 27, 2017
LastSurvivor11:
No wonder boko haram no dey gree finish..

Certificate of procreation Almajiris..
I will rather provide them jobs and allow them marry when they are sure they can take care of their family..
THE FACT IS THAT THEY WON'T DO THE JOB, THEY PREFER HANDOUT, EVEN THE ONES THAT MANAGE TO WORK FOR A MONTH, WILL NOT COME BACK TO WORK UNTIL HE FINISH THE SALARY OF THE PREVIOUS MONTH. Give a core hausa man and a southern man the same privilege or opportunity, the southern will prosper while the hausa man will crawling due to i don't and false sense of entitlement, AND THEY WILL BE INTIMIDATING AND HARASSING THE SOUTHERN MAN THAT THEY WERE GIVEN THE SAME OPPORTUNITY TOGETHER, they leave by the day, THEY DON'T THINK OF TOMORROW.
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by KingGBsky(m): 6:29pm On Feb 27, 2017
ybalogs:
May Allah bless their unions.
Shut up!
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by 982ABU(m): 9:10pm On Feb 27, 2017
ephi123:
Imagine the ridiculousness shocked

N200mil works out to roughly 130k per person. What exactly was this spent on? Is this not another corruption?

Na wa for these Northern governors angry Of all the problems in the North, this is their priority, what a shame!!
did any northerner tell you there is problems in the north face your business or you will end up with hypertention

Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 27, 2017
abbaadamufan:
Lmao, this madness started during Kwankwaso's administration.

The genesis of the matter is:

You have a religiously conservative environment that frowns at free-mingling between people of the opposite sex if they're not married or family.

You have a state government that even though it may not say, is sympathetic to Maoism, the Chinese brand of Communism championed by Chairman Mao, which the Kano political pioneer, Aminu Kano followed; and by extension the previous Governor, Kwankwaso and his erstwhile deputy, the current governor adore as a result of their subscription to Aminu Kano's Maoist leanings.

Lastly, you have a society that prides itself with its numbers, a society that sees its over population and poverty not as problems but as something ordained by God, whom they resort to pleasing to improve their condition;×rather than work to improve such conditions.

Personally, I don't blame the people, I blame the government for not being creative enough in dashing people 200 million; the people (couple) just want relationships with people they love, or want financial assistance, plus given that they can't really freely have these relationships unpoliced by the state, they're just making do with what the crown has permitted them to.

Same thing happened in my state, Jigawa state, which is culturally similar to Kano, and it seems like the people are OK with it.

Which is really sad.

I really appreciate your contribution for the fact you are open minded and enlightened as well to be able to distinguish between wrong and right irrespective of your region or religious belief

the Conservative north and liberal south even though both are deep in their respective religions

my question : which of the region are you more comfortable with in the real sense

NB. I'll appreciate your response just in one paragraph

thanks.
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 27, 2017
malware:
I am a core northerner and a defender of the north but I am not with my people on this one.

There is no wisdom in marrying off someone who cannot afford marriage. How would they sustain the union if they cannot affors N20, 000?

Useless leaders wasting taxpayers money since 001BC

I like your contribution in this matter, atleast if someone like you should be in their position you will make a difference
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by begwong: 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nonsense and waste of tax players money.
I saw so many dat remarries every year this rituals is conducted
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by yussuf492(m): 10:44pm On Feb 27, 2017
otitokoroleti:
Lord Lugard sef! am tired of sharing a country with this animal!
am tired of sharing country with prostitutes
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by yussuf492(m): 10:48pm On Feb 27, 2017
Atleast they are now married... Not runs girls or slay queens (ashawo sef get tittle)
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by otitokoroleti: 9:29pm On Mar 01, 2017
yussuf492:
am tired of sharing country with prostitutes
abi dindinrin ni e ni?
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by yussuf492(m): 11:43pm On Mar 01, 2017
otitokoroleti:

abi dindinrin ni e ni?
o po nu ni e...
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by otitokoroleti: 10:25pm On Mar 03, 2017
yussuf492:
o po nu ni e...
odoyo yoruba muslim

1 Like

Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by abbaadamufan(m): 1:53am On Sep 01, 2019

I really appreciate your contribution for the fact you are open minded and enlightened as well to be able to distinguish between wrong and right irrespective of your region or religious belief

the Conservative north and liberal south even though both are deep in their respective religions

my question : which of the region are you more comfortable with in the real sense

NB. I'll appreciate your response just in one paragraph

thanks.

Don't really have a preference.
They're two sides of the same coin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Grandma Melts Hearts With Her Dance Moves At A Wedding Reception In Iganmu, Lag / Wedding Invitation Written In Pidgin English (Photos) / 2019 Future Awards Africa Winners (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.