Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video (37267 Views)

XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others / Xenophobia: Nigerians Sing As They Board The Flight That Will Take Them Home / Xenophobia: Nigerians Board A Bus To South African Airport, Set To Return Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video by Nero2220(m): 9:39pm On Feb 27, 2017
Litmus:
Fulani herdsmen slaughtering farmers = the Nigerian state does not protect her people.
but
"Nigerian drug Pushers" causing the deaths of thousands of South Africans = the South African State protecting the lives of her people?

Perhaps it's the Nigerian state not protecting her citizens from Boko haram thus Nigerian vigilantes fight Bokoharam.
South African state not protecting her citizens from "Nigerian drug pushers" thus South African xenophobics fight "Nigerian drug pushers". undecided

All very hopeless reasoning...

Why don't we just accept the case is one of South Africans slaughtering foreigners unjustifiably since no wholesale attacks and murder of minority groups by majority groups can ever be justified or should ever be justified.
Nobody is justifying what is happening right now in South Africa. My point is that it is sheer hypocrisy for a government that kept mute while hundreds of its citizens where being slaughtered in their own country by alleged 'foreigners' to all of a sudden start throwing tantrums because the lives of some of its citizens in a foreign country are now being threatened
Re: Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video by Litmus: 9:47pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nero2220:
I won't join issues with you. Sweet rhetorics will get you nowhere

You shouldn't dismiss it as mere rhetorics. You stated thus:
the Nigerian government that cannot protect the lives of Nigerians living in Nigeria.
using this proposition to imply that Nigerians should not complain about South African murdering Nigerians on the streets of Pretoria or some such place. The idea is not a very solid one in the first place but setting this aside it seemed to me your argument rested on Nigeria being unable to protect the lives of her citizens. However, if the Nigerian state can be shown to be able to save some of her citizens some of the time, your argument falls apart.
Re: Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video by Litmus: 10:06pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nero2220:
Nobody is justifying what is happening right now in South Africa. My point is that it is sheer hypocrisy for a government that kept mute while hundreds of its citizens where being slaughtered in their own country by alleged 'foreigners' to all of a sudden start throwing tantrums because the lives of some of its citizens in a foreign country are now being threatened

The government of Jonathan claimed it did what it could to battle insecurities in Nigeria ( informed largely by political and religious positions, Nigerians dispute he did) likewise the current government of Buhari claims it is doing what it can to battle insecurities in Nigeria (Nigerians dispute he is informed largely by political and religious positions)

How the Nigerian citizen's position on the merits and demerits of each administration justifies the murder of Nigerian citizens abroad is beyond me. Claiming that the Nigeria administration is hypocritical has only a personal merit.
Re: Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video by BobHIGHNESS(m): 10:08pm On Feb 27, 2017
KOBOJO:

R. I. P to English language !!

Omo yoruba with sophisticated English... cheesy
Hello proffessor of Linguistic, hope you're withdrawing money from ATM with it,imported slowpoke
Re: Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video by djbobby007: 10:11pm On Feb 27, 2017
dis must be Pretoria na yoruba full Pretoria, igbo in joburg
Re: Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video by Litmus: 10:15pm On Feb 27, 2017
Anyway, Nero2220, i recorn you're a good guy, hope you're not offended.
Re: Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video by Nero2220(m): 10:59pm On Feb 27, 2017
Litmus:
Anyway, Nero2220, i recorn you're a good guy, hope you're not offended.
Not at all. You sound very much like a lawyer
Re: Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video by Parolee: 1:24am On Feb 28, 2017
I'm gonna keep asking this question until I get a proper answer. Why would someone travel for more than 6000km and struggle to adapt to the ways of a new country...all of that effort to only open a hair salon? Really? Are the people in Nigeria not in need of hair salons? Something smells fishy here.

Travel all the way from Nigeria to SA to start a church there....have all the people in Negeria been preached to and are they all converted? What about the juju practisioners, abducters etc....to me it would be better to start a church in Nigeria and preach some more over there. Is this not a disguise act of some kind to mask up the real activities that go on in these establishments? A car mechanic SA ....why not over there? Really?

Let's think out of the box here and be real. By the way I do not support the killing of people of any nationality. More so through the so called xenophobia.

Many people have said SAns were also hosted and sheltered by foreign countries during the apartheid struggle era. That is true to some extent. But honestly so now....how many SAns left here to be immigrants in other nations even at that time (apartheid struggle era), we did not leave SA en masse to live abroad ....it was not the entire population that left unlike what we see now. It was only a few individuals. The rest of the peope remained here and were ill treated like hell by the oppressors of the time, you will know the story. Right now the whole of Zimbabwe is in SA...so are the other nationalities. Because of this congestion people become frustrated (only limited opportunities exist) and there are not jobs even for SAns because the economy has slowed down....what hopes then do unskilled foreigners have of finding a job here if SAns themselves are battling to get employed? Zero. Because people have to survive and must survive and because of the expectations back home since someone is said to be abroad then people find themselves hustling and we all know what that means most of the time....drugs /prostitution.

Still I do not support the killing of people through this xenophobia mess. I am of the view that if SAns wish to destroy themselves through drugs and prostitution....let them do so without the help of those we have hosted. When we host people it should be to our improvement and not detriment. I'm making this statement careful not to taint everyone with the same brush. Not generaliding, but it's true there are some really rotten potatoes here. And we all know what those do to the entire bag.

Lastly, we have an oversupply of beautiful women in every corner of SA....so we are not jealous of that odd moment when an SAn girl will fall for a Nigerian dude....same can happen if I could come over there....some Nigerian girls can fall for me and that is nothing to gloat about. Its natural events between people interactions.

The other day I was sitting at OR Tambo International, Jhb observing some guys from East Africa who had just jetted in with heavy luggage that simply told you they were here to stay.....I silently thought to myself that what if their country could just offer them just that little bit more, would they have left? Probably not. I further imagined that what if their country was as tempting for me to pack up and establish myself over there? I believe though that some day we will have an Africa like that....where all the countries would offer something.

I do not support xenophobia though. But those who have settled illegaly so here and are into shady operations....they really need to reconsider.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video by miky(m): 2:40am On Feb 28, 2017
when you go and sell DRUGS in other peoples country!! when buhari killed them they said it was wickedness, now others are trying to do the same.
Re: Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video by NaWetinDey(m): 3:23am On Feb 28, 2017
And how can they protect themselves: are they all living in one street and working or doing business in one place?
Re: Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video by xpool(m): 3:44am On Feb 28, 2017
miky:
when you go and sell DRUGS in other peoples country!! when buhari killed them they said it was wickedness, now others are trying to do the same.
Think before you speak!
So in your tiny little decaying brain, you think that those the south africans brutally butchered were the criminals?
Na now I know say you be Front-Page-Fool, criminals are the most security sensitive people, they are the quickest to scram, hide and disappear at the slightest smell of danger. They have access to high and low profile intel even from the enemy camp.

Most of the victims that these wicked south africans kill are innocent ones going about their legitimate businesses.

Your limited access to basic education has offered you limited or no access to laws and principles guiding international relations and immigration laws. The worst aceptable the south africans would have done was to protest and pressurize their govt to clamp down on immigrant criminals, and do a mass deportation.
The south african govt are the ones covertly sponsoring these murderous acts, their police and other law enforcement agents have not been protecting the foreign nationals.

As useless as nigeria is, her police force and other state agents did not waste time in quelling the reprisal attack by some aggrieved nigerians at mtn office abuja.
Nigerian government should have initiated a serious diplomatic war with the south african nation.
Re: Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video by Kingspin(m): 5:25am On Feb 28, 2017
ayokellany:
so from the video it was Igbo they were speaking ba ? Keep beating your hairy chest soon enough you will wake up with a functional brain.
Some people can still leave Lagos to another man's land?
Re: Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video by jojoki: 5:58am On Feb 28, 2017
Shame on the people of SA for committing such atrocities against their fellow African brothers. The foundation of our great Madiba wasn't built on hatred but LOVE. South Africans are well respected in other countries but hates other Africans living among them. SHAME!
Re: Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video by KOBOJO: 7:01am On Feb 28, 2017
BobHIGHNESS:
Hello proffessor of Linguistic, hope you're withdrawing money from ATM with it,imported slowpoke

Correct a wise man and he takes correction but do same for a fooolish man and above is the result..
Re: Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video by OBAGADAFFI: 9:53am On Feb 28, 2017
yinkslinks:
Yoruba's shouting go home and bring more charms. I pity the south-africans, Yoruba's will use charms to finish them. I remember in my secondary days how they use charms to make people turn mad.

What charms are you talking about.

South-Africans can easily overrun all those guys making noise in that Video.
Re: Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video by tck2000(m): 10:07am On Jul 07, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges / Philippine Military Hercules C-130 Crashes. 45 Dead, Rescue Operations Ongoing / FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.