Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? (4619 Views)

How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk / What Is The Best Way To Get US Visiting Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by ksmiles: 8:06am On Dec 12, 2009
Hi Nairalanders,

I want to apply for a UK visiting visa, How do I go about it? Please, I will be glad if someone can tell me what is required of me to get the visa; How much is the charge? I will be glad to see replies from you.
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by justwise(m): 11:06am On Dec 12, 2009
Read this and see if it helps:

This page explains what documents you should have when coming to the United Kingdom as a general visitor.

They are:

=if you are employed, a letter from your employer granting leave of absence from your job for a specified period - the letter should also say how long you have been employed by that employer, in what job(s), and when you are expected back at work;
=if you are self-employed, evidence of your business activities and financial standing;
=evidence of any property you own in your home country;
=if you are a student, a letter from your school or college stating the course you are on, its start and finish dates, and the dates of the holiday period when you intend to visit the United Kingdom;
=evidence of any family or social ties and responsibilities to return to;
=evidence of any firm travel plans you have made;
=bank statements going back over a period of several months; and
=evidence of savings available to you.
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by ksagirl(f): 6:45pm On Dec 12, 2009
justwise
i mean of help me  is please give me full advice for visit visa.uk
i tell you about my doc

i want to visit in england for 18 days to spend few holydays.i have 1000 pound cash draft of my name in london bank.
i have my father employment letter and bank draft photo copy,full complete form and flight booking details.& i'll live with my cousin.

will ECO satisfied on the abouve doc?

so can i email you.
i really need information
thanks alot for reply
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by justwise(m): 8:57pm On Dec 12, 2009
@ksa-girl

One of the most important thing here is to prove to the ECO that u will return to Nigeria after the 18days visit, evidence of any family or social ties and responsibilities to return to matters alot.

Your dady can support your application with his bank statement or payslip and a letter stating that he will be responsible for your financial needs and that u will be coming back after your visit,  using company's bank statement maybe not help cos he is not the owner.

Or your cousin can send u letter of invitation with his bank statement or payslip to prove to ECO that he will be able to take care of u through out your stay.

Please make sure all the documents are original. Not photocopies from an agent.

Visit uk border agency website for more information.

Please if i'm wrong let somebody add more.

Good luck.
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by ksagirl(f): 9:08pm On Dec 12, 2009
justwise:

@ksa-girl

One of the most important thing here is to prove to the ECO that u will return to Nigeria after the 18days visit, evidence of any family or social ties and responsibilities to return to matters alot.

Your dady can support your application with his bank statement or payslip and a letter stating that he will be responsible for your financial needs and that u will be coming back after your visit,  using company's bank statement maybe not help cos he is not the owner.

Or your cousin can send u letter of invitation with his bank statement or payslip to prove to ECO that he will be able to take care of u through out your stay.

Please make sure all the documents are original. Not photocopies from an agent.

Visit uk border agency website for more information.

Please if i'm wrong let somebody add more.

Good luck.

my cousin is student so he cannot give me letter for sponsor.
i have money in uk thousend pounds(draft) & return ticket .yes my father also gave the letter of  responsibalities but dont have statement but he may gave me payslip.
so what you think k i go tomorrow for submitt my application?
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by justwise(m): 9:18pm On Dec 12, 2009
ksa-girl:

my cousin is studetn so he cannot give me letter for sponsor.
i have monay in uk thousend pounds & return ticket .yes my father also gave the letter of responsibalities but dont have statement but he may gave me payslip.
so what you think k i go tomorrow for submitt my application?

Ok, nobody can give u 100% assurance that the visa will be issued, the ECO has final decision, just submit and prepare for the interview. No need to panic.

Good luck.
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by ELDERLAGON: 1:18am On Dec 13, 2009
To obtain the visa,you must prove to the ECO,and beyond any reasonable doubt of course,that your financial situation is stable and you have a well defined plan in Nigeria.What do you do at the moment?schooling or working?what does your father tend to gain by sponsoring your trip to the UK?Depending on the number of his dependents ,your sponsor must provide evidence of something like 800,000(3,100 GBP) in the account.If you are working or you are not within the school age(though this is not the official position of the High Commission,cases have revealed that the ECOs consider some ages not realistic to be in school,hence they have negative dispositions , ),please ensure you are the one sponsoring yourself.If you have not got the money I have mentioned in your account,please do not be in a hurry to submit the application.You can take your time to build your account.As per return ticket,this does not have any significant effect on your application because the embassy does not consider it(unlike Sweden,Finland,France etc.)She even advises that you should not get a travel ticket until your visa has been approved.You only need to prove to the Clearance Officer that you have means of obtaining the return ticket(and the bank statement of account is suffice to prove this).I reiterate:if you are not within the school age ,please do not be sponsored by your parent.But if you are still schooling,do get a letter of introduction/recommendation from your school(from the office of the student affairs and not your department)If you are member of the student union or association(house of representatives,exco etc ,you can get an ADDITIONAL letter of introduction from your president or your speaker.You should prove your studentship(letter of admission etc).
Also,ensure you submit  your source of  income or your sponsor's(payslip,letter of employment[i]Bon chance[/i]
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by ksagirl(f): 3:31pm On Dec 13, 2009
ELDERLAGON:

To obtain the visa,you must prove to the ECO,and beyond any reasonable doubt of course,that your financial situation is stable and you have a well defined plan in Nigeria.What do you do at the moment?schooling or working?what does your father tend to gain by sponsoring your trip to the UK?Depending on the number of his dependents ,your sponsor must provide evidence of something like 800,000(3,100 GBP) in the account.If you are working or you are not within the school age(though this is not the official position of the High Commission,cases have revealed that the ECOs consider some ages not realistic to be in school,hence they have negative dispositions , ),please ensure you are the one sponsoring yourself.If you have not got the money I have mentioned in your account,please do not be in a hurry to submit the application.You can take your time to build your account.As per return ticket,this does not have any significant effect on your application because the embassy does not consider it(unlike Sweden,Finland,France etc.)She even advises that you should not get a travel ticket until your visa has been approved.You only need to prove to the Clearance Officer that you have means of obtaining the return ticket(and the bank statement of account is suffice to prove this).I reiterate:if you are not within the school age ,please do not be sponsored by your parent.But if you are still schooling,do get a letter of introduction/recommendation from your school(from the office of the student affairs and not your department)If you are member of the student union or association(house of representatives,exco etc ,you can get an ADDITIONAL letter of introduction from your president or your speaker.You should prove your studentship(letter of admission etc).
Also,ensure you submit  your source of  income or your sponsor's(payslip,letter of employment[i]Bon chance[/i]

ok thanks
i am student of london collge and i submitt my application with my father payslip, letter, letter of employment and all document which i told here before.
lets see what happen? undecided
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by justwise(m): 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2009
ksa-girl:

ok thanks
i am student of london collge and i submitt my application with my father payslip, letter, letter of employment and all document which i told here before.
lets see what happen? undecided

Are u doing distance learning or what? How do u mean by student of london college?
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by ksagirl(f): 5:20pm On Dec 13, 2009
justwise:

Are u doing  distance learning or what? How do u mean by student of london college?

look i take addmition in London college for my bechlor degree .but ECO refused me.
and my appeal also dismissed only for one reason that i didnt provide ilets etc, so i applied for reconsider.
but now i want to visit in London.its very necessary for me.
thats my story   sad
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by Larrykyo(m): 9:32am On Dec 14, 2009
ksa-girl:

look i take addmition in London college for my bechlor degree .but ECO refused me.
and my appeal also dismissed only for one reason. so i applied for reconsider.
but now i want to visit in London
.its very necessary for me.
thats my story   sad

How are u then a student in London can u Pls speak in English pls? grin
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by justwise(m): 10:01am On Dec 14, 2009
ksa-girl:

and my appeal also dismissed only for one reason. so i applied for reconsider.
but now i want to visit in London.its very necessary for me.
thats my story sad

U are confusing things, u posted here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=127964.msg5094030#msg5094030

That u were given a visa after a month, now u are applying for visiting visa?
Don't be in a hurry to waste ur dady's money applying for any visa.
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by ksagirl(f): 5:55pm On Dec 14, 2009
Larrykyo:

How are u then a student in London can u Pls speak in English pls?  grin

very funny , ok i dont know english , now you happy angry
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by ksagirl(f): 6:02pm On Dec 14, 2009
justwise:

U are confusing things, u posted here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=127964.msg5094030#msg5094030

That u were given a visa after a month, now u are applying for visiting visa?
Don't be in a hurry to waste your dady's money applying for any visa.

oh i mean to say there >>not visa my passport with refusal note, i was reciev
i got today email from AIT.

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We can confirm that your application for reconsideration was unsuccessful. The reasons for this decision have been set out in the form of a written determination which was sent to you on 14th December 2009

so tell me now what i gonna do
now i want to visit thats why i  wanna apply. undecided
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by dancewith: 6:17pm On Dec 14, 2009
Now look here, it is very unlikely you will be approved this time. For one, your English is a bit shaky and if you keep reproducing what you are writing here, they will have no choice but to deny you again

Here's what to do: Get a proper education in Nigeria. UNILAG,UNN, UI, IFE etc will do just fine. No need blowing about N600k on a visit to The UK at this stage of your life. concentrate on getting educated first unless you have other motives of wanting to desparetly travel to the UK

They are not buying your story, just as I am not!
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 14, 2009
KSA-girl, my advice to you would be to forget anything and everything about travelling especially to the UK.

It appears there's more to your story than you are telling.

Secondly, your application has been rejected/declined twice.
The chance of getting a Visa is pretty slim. The more you apply and get rejected the harder it gets and it also makes you look bad.

My advice is stop applying for at least a year and build up your finances.
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by Larrykyo(m): 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2009
Ksa girl no know wettin dey do am jare.

Hello Nairalanders,

sir/ma's,i seriously need your help in getting a visiting visa to any schengen country or Uk, Because im seriously tired of my condition hgere Embarrassed
I can't further my education over here due to my parents condition (Both retired) I'm even the bread winner of 4 grown people and i don't know how to do yahoo yahoo to get money Embarrassed,i have done so many odd jobs here (Bar man,receptionist etc).I don't have much money to process it but i can still try and raise a little fund for the little document required. u can post your contacts here.

Notice Board: If you are a scammer and happy to see my post and planing to reap the little i have,im very sorry to inform you that you will need to go away from my post and besides i will really like to meet someone in Ibadan coz i live in ibadan and lagos is not bad as well.face to face because i know a scammer when i see and talk to one.

Sorry to the real people, i just have to let them know im also a steet boy,

Thank you people
Larry
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by flekan(m): 8:17pm On Dec 14, 2009
dancewith:

Now look here, it is very unlikely you will be approved this time. For one, your English is a bit shaky and if you keep reproducing what you are writing here, they will have no choice but to deny you again

Here's what to do: Get a proper education in Nigeria. UNILAG,UNN, UI, IFE etc will do just fine. No need blowing about N600k on a visit to The UK at this stage of your life. concentrate on getting educated first unless you have other motives of wanting to desparetly travel to the UK

Good advice
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by justwise(m): 8:25pm On Dec 14, 2009
Larrykyo:

flekan, i need someone who can help in getting all the documents require by the embassy and secure a visa for me since not all of us can get this document at ease, any link?

u are just setting urself up for the worst
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by flekan(m): 8:29pm On Dec 14, 2009
Larrykyo:

flekan, i need someone who can help in getting all the documents require by the embassy and secure a visa for me since not all of us can get this document at ease, any link?

Nah!! I don't have any link bro, most of the documents are something you can pile up yourself
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by Larrykyo(m): 9:41pm On Dec 14, 2009
Justwise, I understand u , but you need to know my level of frustration, when u are ok and doing fine , you don't know how much other people are suffering , Still waiting for someone plsss
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by justwise(m): 9:52pm On Dec 14, 2009
Larrykyo:

Justwise, I understand u , but you need to know my level of frustration, when u are ok and doing fine , you don't know how much other people are suffering , Still waiting for someone plsss

Ur level of fustration will increase badly by the time u land in a foreign land with wrong or fake paper hoping to find a job.

If u want to travel to any country, check their visa requirements and take ur time and gather those required documents, don't buy fake or photo copies from any agent cos u will be wasting ur hard earned money.
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by ksagirl(f): 10:52pm On Dec 14, 2009
flekan:

Good advice

huh gud advic angry
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by ksagirl(f): 10:55pm On Dec 14, 2009
dancewith:

whatever to my english , so what if it shaky han  angry
first of all im not in nigeria

second is what u mean by buying story.
  lipsrsealed
no i want travel travel travel to london
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by Beckton: 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2009
Normally any one coming to the uk have to convnce himself before trying to convince the Immigration officer. There are loads of cheap visa frauds which have made it hard for even the genuine travellers however most people still come for studies, visit, business etc
Visit http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ and all the basis questions will be answered but then you as a Nigerian your case might need a bit more scruitiny due to past problems of bogus supporting documents so do convince yourself before applying and you will be fine.
Sincerely ur.
Beckton.
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by DisGuy: 11:08pm On Dec 15, 2009
ksa-girl:

justwise
i mean of help me  is please give me full advice for visit visa.uk
i tell you about my doc

i want to visit in england for 18 days to spend few holydays.i have 1000 pound cash draft of my name in london bank.
i have my father employment letter and bank draft photo copy,full complete form and flight booking details.& i'll live with my cousin.

will ECO satisfied on the abouve doc?

so can i email you.
i really need information
thanks alot for reply

Apart from the document, YOU also have to show evidence you will go back to your country

first of all im not in nigeria
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by netotse(m): 11:47pm On Dec 17, 2009
@beckton
your username brings back memories, DLR, and ppl selling laptops in carparks(i almost bought one. . .lol)
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by johnkent(m): 12:39am On Dec 18, 2009
Just mailed out my UK visa application today. Hopefully should be getting my passport and visa back in a wk.
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by woodnaija(m): 1:53am On Dec 18, 2009
@ larrykyo

my niga, i kno guys in ibadan dat can get u to usa. i got connection to get you through mexico to yankee but u hav to pay for flight to mexico then meet my guys on d way. wen president obama give amnesty to illegal immigrants u will get citizenship wiv no problem but u av to follow these direction: send me email at inglewoodnaija@hotmail.com then i will give u more advise.
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by MrCrackles(m): 1:55am On Dec 18, 2009
^ ^ ^ Bastar.d off you bloody liar. . . .
Stop encouraging what is not good or promising what you cant deliver
Fuc.ktard angry
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by mamagee3(f): 1:57am On Dec 18, 2009
woodnaija:

@ larrykyo

my niga, i kno guys in ibadan dat can get u to usa. i got connection to get you through mexico to yankee but u hav to pay for flight to mexico then meet my guys on d way. wen president obama give amnesty to illegal immigrants u will get citizenship wiv no problem but u av to follow these direction: send me email at inglewoodnaija@hotmail.com then i will give u more advise.

You're not a very smart scammer! grin grin
Re: Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? by woodnaija(m): 2:38am On Dec 18, 2009
@ mrfaggot

u dont kno me so shut your fukking mouth. i hav got numerous ppl to yankee thru my connections, u r just jobless mugu. u cant get on my level, u broke as a joke nd just a hater niga. dont respond to me because if u keep spoiling my excelent services then i will find ur location nd giv u a beating u will never forget. i am inglewood finest.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigerian Visa For Baby In The US / Travelling To Nigeria For The First Time, How Much Should I Bring? / Arik Suspends London-abuja Flight From The 25th March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.