Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,627 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq (13956 Views)

Let's Study The Bible Daily And Finish It In One Year! / Jesus VS Mohammad: How Both Men Treated Women *UPDATED* / Jesus Christ Vs Prophet Mohammad Who Is More Superior? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by Empiree: 10:34am On Jun 30, 2017
[s]
true2god:
I won't mind giving you a free Islamic lecture, it is part of my contributions to humanity. Let's read Quran 65:4:

And those who no longer expect menstruation among your women – if you doubt, then their period is three months, and [also for] those who have not menstruated. And for those who are pregnant, their term is until they give birth. And whoever fears Allah – He will make for him of his matter ease.

The ayah above talked about the waiting period before a divorced woman an remarry. In Islam and Arab culture it is 3months. I will like to look at the three categories of people listed in the ayah above, and they are:

1. Women that no longer see their menstrual period, that is women that have entered menopause.

2. Pregnant women

3. Women who have never experienced any form of menstruation. The third category is my area of interest. What age bracket can we find in this category? This is between the ages of 0-12 years. So a woman between this age bracket can be divorced, according to Qur'an 65:4. I am not the one making this claim, it is in the Quran. If this is verse does not encourage pedophilia what does it encourage?

And to make it clearer to you, Mohammed engaged baby Aisha when she was 6 and started sleeping with her when she was 9. It is in your sahih Muslim and sahih bukhari.
[/s]NONSENSE shocked
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 11:19am On Jun 30, 2017
lfleak:
yea! Show me!
See below:

Psalm 33:1-3
Sing for joy in the LORD, O you righteous ones; Praise is becoming to the upright. Give thanks to the LORD with the lyre; Sing praises to Him with a harp of ten strings. Sing to Him a new song; Play skillfully with a shout of joy.

Psalm 96:1-2
Sing to the LORD a new song; Sing to the LORD, all the earth. Sing to the LORD, bless His name; Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.

Psalm 5:11:
But let all who take refuge in You be glad, Let them ever sing for joy; And may You shelter them, That those who love Your name may exult in You.

Psalm 9:11:
Sing praises to the LORD, who dwells in Zion; Declare among the peoples His deeds.

2 Kings 11:12
Verse Concepts
Then he brought the king's son out and put the crown on him and gave him the testimony; and they made him king and anointed him, and they clapped their hands and said, "Long live the king!"

Psalm 47:1
O clap your hands, all peoples; Shout to God with the voice of joy.

Psalm 98:8
Let the rivers clap their hands, Let the mountains sing together for joy

Read judges 11:34, judges 21:21-23 and psalm 30:11.

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 11:21am On Jun 30, 2017
lfleak:
I thought I was reading a movie script ...when a grown up adult can differentiate between revealed and compiled, you know there is problem somewhere...
Quran.com is a website with all chapters and verse of the Quran... That means the Quran website is false right? I love how you think! So dank!
So you hadith is so boring to you.

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 11:26am On Jun 30, 2017
Empiree:
sorry buddy, you aint qualified undecided if you don't know what sujud means. It is very elementary phrase every Muslim knows. cheesy

Go back to your cage and focus on your Christianity cool
Sorry bro, face the topic.
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by lfleak: 11:35am On Jun 30, 2017
true2god:
See below:

Psalm 33:1-3
Sing for joy in the LORD, O you righteous ones; Praise is becoming to the upright. Give thanks to the LORD with the lyre; Sing praises to Him with a harp of ten strings. Sing to Him a new song; Play skillfully with a shout of joy.

Psalm 96:1-2
Sing to the LORD a new song; Sing to the LORD, all the earth. Sing to the LORD, bless His name; Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.

Psalm 5:11:
But let all who take refuge in You be glad, Let them ever sing for joy; And may You shelter them, That those who love Your name may exult in You.

Psalm 9:11:
Sing praises to the LORD, who dwells in Zion; Declare among the peoples His deeds.

2 Kings 11:12
Verse Concepts
Then he brought the king's son out and put the crown on him and gave him the testimony; and they made him king and anointed him, and they clapped their hands and said, "Long live the king!"

Psalm 47:1
O clap your hands, all peoples; Shout to God with the voice of joy.

Psalm 98:8
Let the rivers clap their hands, Let the mountains sing together for joy

Read judges 11:34, judges 21:21-23 and psalm 30:11.
wow! You are already in CATCH22 bro..

None from the new testament!
How ridiculous... Not even one, a single one from the new testament... Empiree asked why you don't use the OLD TESTAMENT, you never answered... You are caught already...since you have used the OT to proof clapping and dancing, shall we dive into it? grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 11:54am On Jun 30, 2017
lfleak:
wow! You are already in CATCH22 bro..

None from the new testament!
How ridiculous... Not even one, a single one from the new testament... Empiree asked why you don't use the OLD TESTAMENT, you never answered... You are caught already...since you have used the OT to proof clapping and dancing, shall we dive into it? grin grin
What exactly is wrong with Islam? No singing, no dancing, no clapping. These are what God has blessed human being wit which Islam tries to destroy. Anything Islam touches=destruction.

Can you show me where singing, clapping or dancing, unto the lord, is a sin?
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by plainbibletruth: 11:58am On Jun 30, 2017
true2god:
So you hadith is so boring to you.

You got it!

There are so many questions about their holy books which they CANNOT answer truthfully.
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by lfleak: 12:01pm On Jun 30, 2017
true2god:
What exactly is wrong with Islam? No singing, no dancing, no clapping. These are what God has blessed human being it which Islam tries to destroy. Anything Islam touches=destruction.

Can you show me where singing, clapping or dancing, unto the lord, is a sin?
lol!! Hahaha you are giving me a bad laugh...

Don't try to escape the catch22 I set for you bro.. NCOs you can't!

If you choose to make reference to the OT, then you will pick it to the end... Your unanswered questions keep accumulating...
1. (Empiree question) why don't you use OT
2. Now u used OT to proof a point, shall we go into the full OT?

Islam tries to destroy clapping and dancing... See am even clapping and dancing here... You can dance and clap till you die for all I care.. My claim is, is it used to WORSHIP God?

Clapping and Dancing are not SIN, in fact its a very good thing to do as exercise... But to worship God with? How did Jesus peace be with him teach you to worship the almighty Allah??..

Catch22 already caught up with you..
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by lfleak: 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2017
plainbibletruth:

You got it!

There are so many questions about their holy books which they CANNOT answer truthfully.

hadith are written by people who lived several years after the prophet, they couple their story based on Hearsay... Hearsay stories will always have 2 form, it will contain the truth and the false... The Quran is the tool which will separate the truth from the false..

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by plainbibletruth: 12:21pm On Jun 30, 2017
lfleak:
hadith are written by people who lived several years after the prophet, they couple their story based on Hearsay... Hearsay stories will always have 2 form, it will contain the truth and the false... The Quran is the tool which will separate the truth from the false..

So you're saying that you will rather go with the quran than the hadith, right?
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by lfleak: 12:30pm On Jun 30, 2017
plainbibletruth:

So you're saying that you will rather go with the quran than the hadith, right?
spot on!
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 12:43pm On Jun 30, 2017
lfleak:
Why don't you guys burn the hadith since it is not reliable? Or do you want to be picking anything you want from the unreliable hadith?
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 12:47pm On Jun 30, 2017
lfleak:
Where do you get over 90% of the sharia law from, the Quran or the hadith?
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by lfleak: 1:21pm On Jun 30, 2017
true2god:
Why don't you guys burn the hadith since it is not reliable? Or do you want to be picking anything you want from the unreliable hadith?
you keep hurting me with how you use words... For this, I blame your school teachers... If at your age you don't know the difference between UNRELIABLE AND USELESS, then you are not worth arguing with..
Now am educating you once again for FREE...
If u say you are unreliable, does that mean you are useless??

Less I forget, you are still in my catch22... Don't try to ignore...you are still in it..
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by lfleak: 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2017
true2god:
Where do you get over 90% of the sharia law from, the Quran or the hadith?
100% sharia law,which I will show to you, once I get on my PC is from the Quran... The hadith contains the PRACTISE of the laws.. I am 99% sure you haven't seen the sharia law yourself... But you may have seen the online islamophobe version..
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 2:50pm On Jun 30, 2017
lfleak:
you keep hurting me with how you use words... For this, I blame your school teachers... If at your age you don't know the difference between UNRELIABLE AND USELESS, then you are not worth arguing with..
Now am educating you once again for FREE...
If u say you are unreliable, does that mean you are useless??

Less I forget, you are still in my catch22... Don't try to ignore...you are still in it..
I will respect you by not saying that you lack simple logic. If a maths teacher gives you an unreliable text book to prepare for an exam, will you accept such text book or reject it? Of course you will reject it which ultimately renders such a text book useless. What is in the reliability of a material which is not authentic, confusing, contradictory and full of fabrications?

If I give you an AC manual which is not clear and very contradictory as a consumer, is it reliable? No. Is the manual useless, Yes. So I dont know if you do basic logic in school. Or are you a secondary school pupil? And Fya, I left the university over 8 years ago, not to be proud bro.

To buttress your point, if the hadith is not reliable then it is a USELESS reference material.
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 2:59pm On Jun 30, 2017
lfleak:
100% sharia law,which I will show to you, once I get on my PC is from the Quran... The hadith contains the PRACTISE of the laws.. I am 99% sure you haven't seen the sharia law yourself... But you may have seen the online islamophobe version..
You lack knowledge of your religion and I won't be tired of teaching you. What is the punishment for adultery in Islam? From which book do you get the verdict, the Quran or the hadith?

What the punishment for drinking? From which book do you get the verdict?

Where do you get your instruction to pray 5 times a day?

Where do you get advise to go for hajj and umra, Quran?
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by lfleak: 3:25pm On Jun 30, 2017
true2god:
I will respect you by not saying that you lack simple logic. If a maths teacher gives you an unreliable text book to prepare for an exam, will you accept such text book or reject it? Of course you will reject it which ultimately renders such a text book useless. What is in the reliability of a material which is not authentic, confusing, contradictory and full of fabrications?

If I give you an AC manual which is not clear and very contradictory as a consumer, is it reliable? No. Is the manual useless, Yes. So I dont know if you do basic logic in school. Or are you a secondary school pupil? And Fya, I left the university over 8 years ago, not to be proud bro.

To buttress your point, if the hadith is not reliable then it is a USELESS reference material.
if its useless to YOU then why waste your time on it... Bringing illogical analogy here to say UNRELIABLE is same thing as USELESS shows how much you learnt in school 8 years ago...
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by lfleak: 3:33pm On Jun 30, 2017
true2god:
You lack knowledge of your religion and I won't be tired of teaching you. What is the punishment for adultery in Islam? From which book do you get the verdict, the Quran or the hadith?

What the punishment for drinking? From which book do you get the verdict?

Where do you get your instruction to pray 5 times a day?

Where do you get advise to go for hajj and umra, Quran?

to teach me Islam, you will have to go back to primary scholl to learn simple sentence, you are even finding it hard to string words together to form a legif readable sentence..
Adultery, Drinking alcohol, going to hajj, praying are all mentioned in the Quran... But the PRACTISE( how to do it, where to do it, when to do it why to do it) were done by the prophet to show how to implement them and so recorded in the hadith... If the sharia doesn't comply with the Quran, it is INVALID...
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2017
lfleak:
if its useless to YOU then why waste your time on it... Bringing illogical analogy here to say UNRELIABLE is same thing as USELESS shows how much you learnt in school 8 years ago...
I don't think you make a C in English language if you cannot comprehend a simple one-paragraph response from me. Though, unlike a kid, I am not here to debate english words with you. To make my points clearer to you, if the hadith is segmented into an authentic, a weak and a fake hadith, then we can conclude that the entire hadith is not reliable hence a useless piece of document fashioned by the Arabs for their imperial ambition. It is not a rocket science that is hard to understand, it is common sense.

I am here to educate willing Muslims who refused to be dogmatic.
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 7:30pm On Jun 30, 2017
lfleak:
to teach me Islam, you will have to go back to primary scholl to learn simple sentence, you are even finding it hard to string words together to form a legif readable sentence..
Adultery, Drinking alcohol, going to hajj, praying are all mentioned in the Quran... But the PRACTISE( how to do it, where to do it, when to do it why to do it) were done by the prophet to show how to implement them and so recorded in the hadith... If the sharia doesn't comply with the Quran, it is INVALID...
I am not sure your Islamic teacher, who taught you the basics of Islam, could speak a very good english before he was able to brainwash you with Islamic teachings. Fluency in english language is not an important criteria to make a very good Islamic scholar/teacher. So forgive my bad english, it is not my mother tongue.

Not to derail the thread, I asked you show me the punishment for drinking and adultery as contained in the Quran. Please also show me where it was written in your Koran that you must go for hajj. Also show me, from your Koran, where it is written that you must pray 5 times a day.
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by lfleak: 7:55pm On Jun 30, 2017
true2god:
I don't think you make a C in English language if you cannot comprehend a simple one-paragraph response from me. Though, unlike a kid, I am not here to debate english words with you. To make my points clearer to you, if the hadith is segmented into an authentic, a weak and a fake hadith, then we can conclude that the entire hadith is not reliable hence a useless piece of document fashioned by the Arabs for their imperial ambition. It is not a rocket science that is hard to understand, it is common sense.

I am here to educate willing Muslims who refused to be dogmatic.
in conclusion to you UNRELIABLE means USELESS right? I will save that quote of yours for future catch22 which am sure you will still enter again...

We leave grammar, don't run yet, you still have a catch22 on you..
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by lfleak: 7:57pm On Jun 30, 2017
As I promised:
This is "sharia law" from quran that islamaphobes and non muslina refuse to see cause they have been brainwashed by the islamophobe media. Those who have never seen it are even scared of it and calling it evil...

1. Do not be rude in speech (3:159)
2. Restrain Anger (3:134)
3. Be good to others (4:36)
4. Do not be arrogant (7:13)
5. Forgive others for their mistakes (7:199)
6. Speak to people mildly (20:44)
7. Lower your voice (31:19)
8. Do not ridicule others (49:11)
9. Be dutiful to parents(17:23)
10. Do not say a word of disrespect to parents (17:23)
11. Do not enter parents’ private room without asking permission (24:58)
12. Write down the debt (2:282)
13. Do not follow anyone blindly (2:170)
14. Grant more time to repay if the debtor is in hard time (2:280)
15. Don’t consume interest (2:275)
16. Do not engage in bribery (2:188)
17. Do not break the promise (2:177)
18. Keep the trust (2:283)
19. Do not mix the truth with falsehood (2:42)
20. Judge with justice between people (4:58)
21. Stand out firmly for justice (4:135)
22. Wealth of the dead should be distributed among his family members (4:7)
23. Women also have the right for inheritance (4:7)
24. Do not devour the property of orphans (4:10)
25. Protect orphans (2:220)
26. Do not consume one another’s wealth unjustly (4:29)
27. Try for settlement between people (49:9)
28. Avoid suspicion (49:12)
29. Do not spy and backbite (2:283)
30. Do not spy or backbite (49:12)
31. Spend wealth in charity (57:7)
32. Encourage feeding poor (107:3)
33. Help those in need by finding them (2:273)
34. Do not spend money extravagantly (17:29)
35. Do not invalidate charity with reminders (2:264)
36. Honor guests (51:26)
37. Order righteousness to people only after practicing it yourself(2:44)
38. Do not commit abuse on the earth (2:60)
39. Do not prevent people from mosques (2:114)
40. Fight only with those who fight you (2:190)
41. Keep the etiquettes of war (2:191)
42. Do not turn back in battle (8:15)
43. No compulsion in religion (2:256)
44. Believe in all prophets (2:285)
45. Do not have sexual intercourse during menstrual period (2:222)
46. Breast feed your children for two complete years (2:233)
47. Do not even approach unlawful sexual intercourse (17:32)
48. Choose rulers by their merit (2:247)
49. Do not burden a person beyond his scope (2:286)
50. Do not become divided (3:103)
51. Think deeply about the wonders and creation of this universe (3:191)
52. Men and Women have equal rewards for their deeds (3:195)
53. Do not marry those in your blood relation (4:23)
54. Family should be led by men (4:34)
55. Do not be miserly (4:37)
56.Do not keep envy (4:54)
57. Do not kill each other (4:92)
58. Do not be an advocate for deceit (4:105)
59. Do not cooperate in sin and aggression (5:2)
60. Cooperate in righteousness (5:2)
61. ’Having majority’ is not a criterion of truth (6:116)
62. Be just (5:cool
63. Punish for crimes in an exemplary way (5:38)
64. Strive against sinful and unlawful acts (5:63)
65. Dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine are prohibited (5:3)
66. Avoid intoxicants and alcohol (5:90)
67. Do not gamble (5:90)
68. Do not insult others’ deities (6:108)
69. Don’t reduce weight or measure to cheat people (6:152)
70. Eat and Drink, But Be Not Excessive (7:31)
71. Wear good cloths during prayer times (7:31)
72. protect and help those who seek protection (9:6)
73. Keep Purity (9:108)
74. Never give up hope of Allah’s Mercy (12:87)
75. Allah will forgive those who have done wrong out of ignorance (16:119)
76. Invitation to God should be with wisdom and good instruction (16:125)
77. No one will bear others’ sins (17:15)
78. Do not kill your children for fear of poverty (17:31)
79. Do not pursue that of which you have no knowledge (17:36)
80. Keep aloof from what is vain (23:3)
81. Do not enter others’ houses without seeking permission (24:27)
82. Allah will provide security for those who believe only in Allah (24:55)
83. Walk on earth in humility (25:63)
84. Do not neglect your portion of this world (28:77)
85. Invoke not any other god along with Allah (28:88)
86. Do not engage in homosexuality (29:29)
87. Enjoin right, forbid wrong (31:17)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by lfleak: 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2017
true2god:
I am not sure your Islamic teacher, who taught you the basics of Islam, could speak a very good english before he was able to brainwash you with Islamic teachings. Fluency in english language is not an important criteria to make a very good Islamic scholar/teacher. So forgive my bad english, it is not my mother tongue.

Not to derail the thread, I asked you show me the punishment for drinking and adultery as contained in the Quran. Please also show me where it was written in your Koran that you must go for hajj. Also show me, from your Koran, where it is written that you must pray 5 times a day.
The Five Compulsory prayer in the Quran:

The Holy Qur'an, Surah 30: Al Rum 17 says:
"SO (GIVE) GLORY TO ALLAH, WHEN YE REACH EVENTIDE AND WHEN YE RISE IN THE MORNING;" 18 "YEA,TO HIM BE PRAISE, IN THE HEAVENS AND ON EARTH; AND IN THE LATE AFTERNOON AND WHEN THE DAY BEGINS TO DECLINE."

In the Tafseer of this Aayah:
“Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘So glorify Allaah when you come up to the evening’ is maghrib and ‘isha’; ‘and when you enter the morning’ is fajr; ‘in the afternoon’ is ‘asr; and ‘the time when the day begins to decline’ is zuhr.” Other mufassireen, such as al-Dahhaak and Sa’eed ibn Jubayr said the same thing.

Some of the mufassireen said that these aayat mention only four of the prayers; ‘isha’ is not mentioned here, but it is mentioned in Soorat Hood, where Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “… and in some hours of the night…” [Hood 11:114]

Drink?

Drink is to be avoided for our own benefits:

“O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), and gambling, and Al-Ansaab, and Al-Azlaam (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Shaytaan’s (Satan’s) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful”

[al-Maa’idah 5:90]
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by lfleak: 8:14pm On Jun 30, 2017
TRUE2GOD you are yet to answer just 1 of my questionsss... You are indeed an HYPOCRITE...
Why run away from the OLD TESTAMENT? You don't want to face the FLAWS?
C'MON this is your thread. Don't end it miserably.

If I should pour the 19 questions on my mind here, you will either run away or lie!
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 8:25pm On Jun 30, 2017
lfleak:
As I promised:
This is "sharia law" from quran that islamaphobes refuse to see cause they kettle following the wolf

1. Do not be rude in speech (3:159)
2. Restrain Anger (3:134)
3. Be good to others (4:36)
4. Do not be arrogant (7:13)
5. Forgive others for their mistakes (7:199)
6. Speak to people mildly (20:44)
7. Lower your voice (31:19)
8. Do not ridicule others (49:11)
9. Be dutiful to parents(17:23)
10. Do not say a word of disrespect to parents (17:23)
11. Do not enter parents’ private room without asking permission (24:58)
12. Write down the debt (2:282)
13. Do not follow anyone blindly (2:170)
14. Grant more time to repay if the debtor is in hard time (2:280)
15. Don’t consume interest (2:275)
16. Do not engage in bribery (2:188)
17. Do not break the promise (2:177)
18. Keep the trust (2:283)
19. Do not mix the truth with falsehood (2:42)
20. Judge with justice between people (4:58)
21. Stand out firmly for justice (4:135)
22. Wealth of the dead should be distributed among his family members (4:7)
23. Women also have the right for inheritance (4:7)
24. Do not devour the property of orphans (4:10)
25. Protect orphans (2:220)
26. Do not consume one another’s wealth unjustly (4:29)
27. Try for settlement between people (49:9)
28. Avoid suspicion (49:12)
29. Do not spy and backbite (2:283)
30. Do not spy or backbite (49:12)
31. Spend wealth in charity (57:7)
32. Encourage feeding poor (107:3)
33. Help those in need by finding them (2:273)
34. Do not spend money extravagantly (17:29)
35. Do not invalidate charity with reminders (2:264)
36. Honor guests (51:26)
37. Order righteousness to people only after practicing it yourself(2:44)
38. Do not commit abuse on the earth (2:60)
39. Do not prevent people from mosques (2:114)
40. Fight only with those who fight you (2:190)
41. Keep the etiquettes of war (2:191)
42. Do not turn back in battle (8:15)
43. No compulsion in religion (2:256)
44. Believe in all prophets (2:285)
45. Do not have sexual intercourse during menstrual period (2:222)
46. Breast feed your children for two complete years (2:233)
47. Do not even approach unlawful sexual intercourse (17:32)
48. Choose rulers by their merit (2:247)
49. Do not burden a person beyond his scope (2:286)
50. Do not become divided (3:103)
51. Think deeply about the wonders and creation of this universe (3:191)
52. Men and Women have equal rewards for their deeds (3:195)
53. Do not marry those in your blood relation (4:23)
54. Family should be led by men (4:34)
55. Do not be miserly (4:37)
56.Do not keep envy (4:54)
57. Do not kill each other (4:92)
58. Do not be an advocate for deceit (4:105)
59. Do not cooperate in sin and aggression (5:2)
60. Cooperate in righteousness (5:2)
61. ’Having majority’ is not a criterion of truth (6:116)
62. Be just (5:cool
63. Punish for crimes in an exemplary way (5:38)
64. Strive against sinful and unlawful acts (5:63)
65. Dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine are prohibited (5:3)
66. Avoid intoxicants and alcohol (5:90)
67. Do not gamble (5:90)
68. Do not insult others’ deities (6:108)
69. Don’t reduce weight or measure to cheat people (6:152)
70. Eat and Drink, But Be Not Excessive (7:31)
71. Wear good cloths during prayer times (7:31)
72. protect and help those who seek protection (9:6)
73. Keep Purity (9:108)
74. Never give up hope of Allah’s Mercy (12:87)
75. Allah will forgive those who have done wrong out of ignorance (16:119)
76. Invitation to God should be with wisdom and good instruction (16:125)
77. No one will bear others’ sins (17:15)
78. Do not kill your children for fear of poverty (17:31)
79. Do not pursue that of which you have no knowledge (17:36)
80. Keep aloof from what is vain (23:3)
81. Do not enter others’ houses without seeking permission (24:27)
82. Allah will provide security for those who believe only in Allah (24:55)
83. Walk on earth in humility (25:63)
84. Do not neglect your portion of this world (28:77)
85. Invoke not any other god along with Allah (28:88)
86. Do not engage in homosexuality (29:29)
87. Enjoin right, forbid wrong (31:17)
I got no time for your 'summary' quotes, they are deceptive and disingenuous. I asked you simple questions and you ended up listing all these 'half- quotes'. I asked you to show me where it is written, in the Qur'an, the punishment for adultery, drinking and stealing, but you rather laboured yourself with irrelevant quotes. If I say you lacked the ability to comprehend a simple question, will I be faulted?

Anyway that aside, are the ayah below part of the Sharia laws:

Qur'an 9:29:
Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

Quran 8:39:
And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is all for Allah. But if they cease, then lo! Allah is Seer of what they do.

Quran 8:60
And prepare against them whatever you are able of power and of steeds of war by which you may terrify the enemy of Allah and your enemy and others besides them whom you do not know [but] whom Allah knows. And whatever you spend in the cause of Allah will be fully repaid to you, and you will not be wronged.

Quran 5:33,
Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment.
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by Empiree: 8:26pm On Jun 30, 2017
lfleak:
TRUE2GOD you are yet to answer just 1 of my questionsss... You are indeed an HYPOCRITE...
Why run away from the OLD TESTAMENT? You don't want to face the FLAWS?
C'MON this is your thread. Don't end it miserably.

If I should pour the 19 questions on my mind here, you will either run away or lie!
they are hypocritical. i know them well undecided
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by lfleak: 8:29pm On Jun 30, 2017
Empiree:
they are hypocritical. i know them well undecided
you see the way both of them are dodging that Question...

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by true2god: 8:32pm On Jun 30, 2017
lfleak:
The Five Compulsory prayer in the Quran:

The Holy Qur'an, Surah 30: Al Rum 17 says:

In the Tafseer of this Aayah:
“Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘So glorify Allaah when you come up to the evening’ is maghrib and ‘isha’; ‘and when you enter the morning’ is fajr; ‘in the afternoon’ is ‘asr; and ‘the time when the day begins to decline’ is zuhr.” Other mufassireen, such as al-Dahhaak and Sa’eed ibn Jubayr said the same thing.

Some of the mufassireen said that these aayat mention only four of the prayers; ‘isha’ is not mentioned here, but it is mentioned in Soorat Hood, where Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “… and in some hours of the night…” [Hood 11:114]

Drink?

Drink is to be avoided for our own benefits:

I am sorry bro, you never show me any place, in the Quran, where allahh asked you to pray 5 times a day. I don't need your conjectural and hypothetical response. Show me where the Koran mandated you to pray 5 times a day.
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by lfleak: 8:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
true2god:
I got no time for your 'summary' quotes, they are deceptive and disingenuous. I asked you simple questions and you ended up listing all these 'half- quotes'. I asked you to show me where it is written, in the Qur'an, the punishment for adultery, drinking and stealing, but you rather laboured yourself with irrelevant quotes. If I say you lacked the ability to comprehend a simple question, will I be faulted?

Anyway that aside, are the ayah below part of the Sharia laws:

Qur'an 9:29:
Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

Quran 8:39:
And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is all for Allah. But if they cease, then lo! Allah is Seer of what they do.

Quran 8:60
And prepare against them whatever you are able of power and of steeds of war by which you may terrify the enemy of Allah and your enemy and others besides them whom you do not know [but] whom Allah knows. And whatever you spend in the cause of Allah will be fully repaid to you, and you will not be wronged.

Quran 5:33,
Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment.
lol! I already answered your question sharia questions up there...

lmao! I love the way you keep drifting away, shows you are learning...
now you have rolled to another topic! grin
Your question
are the ayah below part of the Sharia laws: NO.

I know where you are drifting to, continue... You still have a CATCH22 over you! grin grin grin
Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by lfleak: 8:44pm On Jun 30, 2017
true2god:
I am sorry bro, you never show me any place, in the Quran, where allahh asked you to pray 5 times a day. I don't need your conjectural and hypothetical response. Show me where the Koran mandated you to pray 5 times a day.
Good! You are now showing signs of learning...

The Quran is the GUIDE of all Muslims and Islam.
It contains almost all we need to be on the RIGHT PATH.
However, you can't expect it to contain step by step description (if that is the case, it will be taller than 6ft in size) because it covers almost everything. That is where the MESSENGER comes in. That's is what all prophet of Allah including Jesus was sent to do, to demonstrate and teach people how to be on the RIGHT PATH(siraato li mustaqqim). If the Qur'an tells us to Pray. It is the messenger that will teach and demonstrate HOW TO, WHEN TO, WHERE TO WHY TO WHO TO pray to. Same thing to all other concepts in the Quran. If you wish to learn more, drop your 3in1 and embrace Islam. wink

Note the capitalized and bolded!

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq by Empiree: 8:45pm On Jun 30, 2017
true2god:
Maintain with care the obligatory prayers and [in particular] the middle prayer and stand before Allah , devoutly obedient. -- al-Baqara 2:238

The verse above ESTABLISHED daily prayers more than once a day.

And establish prayer at the two ends of the day and at the approach of the night. Indeed, good deeds do away with misdeeds. That is a reminder for those who remember. -- Hud 11:114

O you who have believed, let those whom your right hands possess and those who have not [yet] reached puberty among you ask permission of you [before entering] at three times: before the dawn prayer and when you put aside your clothing [for rest] at noon and after the night prayer. [These are] three times of privacy for you. There is no blame upon you nor upon them beyond these [periods], for they continually circulate among you - some of you, among others. Thus does Allah make clear to you the verses; and Allah is Knowing and Wise. -- an-Nur 24:58

Verse 1 tells us that there is a middle prayer which means there are at least 3 prayers and doesn't mention the exact number of prayers.

Verse 2 tells us that during daylight we have 2 prayers (duhr and a'sr) and one when the night approaches (al-maghrib) (see also this Fatwa in Arabic): With (only) this information it's still possible that we only have 3 prayers, but

Verse 3 which teaches us about the resting times mention clearly the fajr/sobh prayer and the I'sha prayer as the fajr itself is a not mentioned time in the 2 Verses before we find out we really have 5 prayers mentioned in the Quran!

Now we find we have 5 prayers or prayer times mentioned in the Quran.

By the way we could also include some other Verses to explain for example:

Establish prayer at the decline of the sun [from its meridian] until the darkness of the night and [also] the Qur'an of dawn. Indeed, the recitation of dawn is ever witnessed. -- 17:78
Which mentioned indirectly the prayers from duhr until i'sha' and by the mentioned recitation of dawn the fajr prayer! See also this Fatwa in Arabic.

So 5 daily prayers are established form Quran without going into hadith yet

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? / There Will Be Disaster If Nigeria Is Not Restructured- Bishop Tunde Adeleye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.