Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,318 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened (5523 Views)

12th Headies Awards: 11 Celebrities That Stood Out At The Event (photos) / 11 Celebrities With Over Exaggerated Good Looks By Forreelinc (Photos) / 11 Celebrities You Never Knew Worship Satan – Number 1 Will Give You A Heartache (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 28, 2017
1. Kurt Cobain

Kurt Cobain gets the special #1 spot on the list because he not only predicted his death, he predicted his life as well. At the age of 14, Kurt Cobain told a classmate that he would become a rich and famous musician and go out in a blaze of glory by committing suicide.

His classmate most likely thought Cobain was crazy, but he never would have guessed Cobain would turn out to be right all along. Kurt Cobain achieved wealth and fame as the lead singer of the popular grunge band Nirvana, which the media dubbed the flagship band of Generation X with Kurt Cobain as the spokesman.

He was found dead in his home on April 8, 1994 with a shotgun pointing at his chin, fulfilling the prophecy he laid out for himself.

Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2017
2. The Notorious B.I.G

The thought of death can unnerve lots of people. It’s not a subject many like to talk about. But rapper Notorious B.I.G didn’t shy away from the concept of death; he embraced it.

After all, it was one of the major themes in his debut album Ready to Die. Christopher George Latore Wallace, who went by stage names Notorious B.I.G, Biggie, and Biggie Smalls, discussed his death in the song “Suicidal Thoughts”, where he raps, “I swear to God I feel like death is f—ing calling me.”

Biggie didn’t commit suicide like the song suggested. Instead, he was gunned down in a drive-by in L.A. three years later in 1997. Two weeks later his posthumous album was released, eerily titled Life After Death.

1 Like

Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by eezeribe(m): 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2017
It's nothing strange...
"our thoughts Become our Reality"

1 Like

Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 28, 2017
3. BOB MARLEY

Bob Marley was many things. A singer. A guitarist. A symbol of Jamaican culture. He stands as one of the most successful recording artists of all time, and is largely credited with popularizing reggae music around the globe. According to his friends and some of his fans he was also a psychic.

Supposedly, Marley divulged the details of his death to his close friends, which are only known to them. One of Marley’s said friends claimed that Marley told him he would die at the age of 36 because that was the age Jesus died. Marley was a devoted follower and advocate of Rastafarianism, a religious movement that was extremely popular in Jamaica during Marley’s time, and his songs were imbued with a sense of spirituality.

In 1977 he was diagnosed with acral lentiginous melanoma, but refused amputation of the infected area because of religious reasons. His health continued to deteriorate over the next few years until the melanoma spread to his lungs and brain, resulting in his death in May of 1981 at the age of 36.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by Izzy002(m): 12:22pm On Feb 28, 2017
Where the rest
Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 28, 2017
4. TUPAC SHAKUR

There’s more than one celebrity death that gets shrouded in mystery due to inconclusive details that leave fans and police wondering what really happened. There’s also more than one conspiracy theory involving what really happened the night Lesane Parish Crooks (aka Tupac Shakur) was shot.

In a collaboration song done with fellow rapper Richie Rich, Tupac raps, “I been shot and murdered, can tell you how it happened word for word.” The song was released earlier in the year he was shot. When he was questioned once where he saw himself in a few years, he responded by saying, “Best case, in a cemetery.

Not in a cemetery, sprinkled in ashes smoked up by my homies. I mean, that’s the worst case.” Just two months later, Tupac was shot in a drive-by shooting at an intersection in Las Vegas and was rushed to a hospital where he died six days later. However, extremely loyal fans of Tupac believe he’s not really dead and that he faked his death and has gone into hiding.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by dpete1: 12:28pm On Feb 28, 2017
Naso o
Abeg this number sent me a message to upgrade my ATM
Pls help me to call him and send curses; 09065238439

1 Like

Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 28, 2017
5. Dolla

Atlanta rapper Dolla, born Roderick Anthony Burton II, never lived to see the release of his debut album. In one of the songs off his self-titled album named Georgia Nights, the up-and-coming star raps, “You see the rain on my window pane/Waking up in cold sweats having dreams of going out with a bang/My poppa died by the gun, I’ll die by the gun.”

Months after the song was recorded, Dolla and some associates of his attacked Atlanta event promoter Aubrey Berry in an Atlanta nightclub.

Just later that same month, they heckled Berry outside a restaurant in L.A. before tailing him to his car. Berry took out a gun and shot 21-year-old Dolla to death four times in self-defense. Dolla really did end up dying by the gun.

Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by thesicilian: 12:30pm On Feb 28, 2017
Tupac's fans should let go of the probability that he may still be alive. There's no way such a gifted rapper would still be alive till today and not be releasing dope songs. He's dead. Just like Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 28, 2017
6. Pete Maravich

Pete Maravich is generally considered to be one of the best basketball players in history. Nicknamed “Pistol Pete”, he played shooting guard for LSU during college and picked up numerous College Player of the Year awards. He was also the all-time leading NCAA Division 1 scorer, a record that is still intact to this day.

He spent his professional career playing for the Atlanta Hawks and the Utah Jazz during the 1970s, where he was a 5-time NBA All-Star and led the league in scoring in 1977. But something else happened during his professional career. In 1974, he made a comment in an interview with the Beaver County Times newspaper in which he stated, “I don’t want to play 10 years in the NBA and die of a heart attack at 40.”

In what appeared to be a cruel twist of fate, Maravich did die of a heart attack at the age of 40. Despite being in seemingly good health, Maravich had a rare heart condition that he developed after being born without a left coronary artery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 28, 2017
7. Michael Jackson

Unlike others on this list, pop legend nywhere left to turn. I’m done.” The same confidante said that two hours before Jackson died, he said he was “tired of living.” His sister La Toya Jackson, revealed that in the months leading up to his death, Jackson constantly talked about how he felt someone was trying to do him in.

He would later be proved right as his personal physician, Conrad Murray, was eventually charged with involuntary manslaughter for causing Jackson’s death.

1 Like

Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 28, 2017
8. Dagrin

It’s been over 5 years since the tragic car accident claimed the life of the famous rapper Dagrin. But even half a decade later his glory doesn’t seem to fade. To pay tribute to the popular singer whose songs spoke to the hearts of millions of people we’re recapping the least known and most noticeable facts about Oladapo Olaitan Olaonipekun (aka Dagrin).

Dagrin’s style of rapping incorporated Yoruba and English. Before he died he managed to record two albums titled “Still on the matter” and “Chief Executive Omoita” and had 3 videos to his credit. Dagrin also featured in over 30 hit songs of various Nigerian artists – Ajuju, 9ice, Y-Q, Kenny etc. “CEO” was dubbed the most successful album in the industry in 2009. It’s also considered to be one of the most successful rap CDs in Nigerian history.

Dagrin had profiles on Facebook and Twitter. His Facebook page (Dagrin Fimilejo) had 4,930 friends. The last time he logged on to his Twitter account (@Dagrinfimile) was on April, 8, 2010 – just a few days before the tragic accident that claimed his life.

He was planning to hold his first international concert on April, 30th, 2010 in London, England. Unfortunately, the show was just not meant to be. Dagrin’s last recorded song “If I die” is tragically prophetic. The famous artist recorded it in February 2010.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 28, 2017
9. Proof

Rappers are no strangers to fights in clubs that quickly escalate and become out of control, but it’s rare that a rapper can predict that he’s going to die in a club. Proof, born DeShaun Holton, was one of the featured rappers on hip-hop group D12’s song “40 oz”, where he rapped, “I’m in the club to beef, you gotta murder me there.”

Two years after the track’s release, Proof got himself involved in an altercation with Kevin Bender Jr, a 35-year-old Desert Storm veteran, supposedly during a game of pool. Proof was most likely drunk at the time, as an autopsy showed that his blood alcohol level was .32, three times the legal limit.

Bouncer Mario Etheridge, a cousin of Bender’s, shot a warning shot into the air, and Proof fired back, killing Bender. Proof was killed by another man who shot him twice in the back and once in the back of his head. Proof’s death was executed just like he predicted. What’s even more startling is that two years prior, Proof appeared in the music video for Enimen’s “Toy Soldiers” where he played a rapper gunned down in a club.

1 Share

Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 28, 2017
10. John Lennon

John Lennon achieved phenomenal fame when he was a member of the extremely popular English rock band The Beatles, but he walked away the music scene in 1975 to take care of his newborn son. One might have thought Lennon wouldn’t return, but five years later he was back and writing music.

He was producing songs like he was in a hurry, songs which would be included in his album titled Double Fantasy. It looked like Lennon was writing songs like crazy because he was running out of time. And running out of time he was.

One of the songs Lennon recorded was titled “Borrowed Time”, and the lyrics read, “Living on borrowed time, without a thought for tomorrow.” A few months later, before the song was released to the public, Lennon was shot and killed by a demented man.

Interviews released around the same time the song was quoted Lennon saying he was fearful he would be “popped off by some loony.” Now it made sense why Lennon was so eager to get back into the recording booth before he died.

Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 28, 2017
11. Jimi Hendrix

Even though Hendrix’s mainstream career only lasted four years, it was enough to make him arguably the greatest guitarist of all time and one of the greatest musicians ever.

He was the recipient of multiple music awards during his lifetime and after his death. But before he achieved enormous success with his critically acclaimed debut album Are You Experienced?, he recorded “The Ballad of Jimi”, a haunting tune that fans regard as Jimi portending his own death.

He sings, “Many things he would try/For he knew soon he’d die”, “Now Jimi’s gone, he’s not alone/His memory still lives on”, and “Five years, this he said/He’s not gone, he’s just dead.” On September 18, 1970, five years after the recording of the song, Hendrix died accidentally from barbiturate-related asphyxia

Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 28, 2017
Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by cassidy1996(m): 5:55pm On Feb 28, 2017
Tupac is dead. My best rapper.
Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by slevin1(m): 6:44pm On Feb 28, 2017
haymekus:
4. TUPAC SHAKUR

There’s more than one celebrity death that gets shrouded in mystery due to inconclusive details that leave fans and police wondering what really happened. There’s also more than one conspiracy theory involving what really happened the night Lesane Parish Crooks (aka Tupac Shakur) was shot.

In a collaboration song done with fellow rapper Richie Rich, Tupac raps, “I been shot and murdered, can tell you how it happened word for word.” The song was released earlier in the year he was shot. When he was questioned once where he saw himself in a few years, he responded by saying, “Best case, in a cemetery.

Not in a cemetery, sprinkled in ashes smoked up by my homies. I mean, that’s the worst case.” Just two months later, Tupac was shot in a drive-by shooting at an intersection in Las Vegas and was rushed to a hospital where he died six days later. However, extremely loyal fans of Tupac believe he’s not really dead and that he faked his death and has gone into hiding.

The Outlawz actually did make true that statement. They smoked Tupac's ashes with weed after he was cremated.
Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by Paulpaulpaul(m): 7:35pm On Feb 28, 2017
What of; Ajileye, Moladun kenke leu, Koledowo and Dede-one-de?
Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by hedonistic: 8:32pm On Feb 28, 2017
Uncanny timing for this topic.
Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by igbalodehunter(m): 8:59pm On Feb 28, 2017
Much Love I Gat For Amaru 2pac Shakur.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 28, 2017
cassidy1996:
Tupac is dead. My best rapper.
it's seems like you're still trying to convince yourself of that fact.
Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by lyricalpontiff(m): 9:23pm On Feb 28, 2017
True
Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by cassidy1996(m): 9:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
Joavid:

it's seems like you're still trying to convince yourself of that fact.
how did you read my mind?
Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by Kennyodinye(m): 10:42pm On Feb 28, 2017
Dagrin....Just Feel Bad
Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by lollmaolol(m): 1:54am On Mar 01, 2017
dpete1:
Naso o

Abeg this number sent me a message to upgrade my ATM

Pls help me to call him and send curses;

Dem no get sense, which bank can be so daft ti send such unethical message. I know someone will fall.

I just hope they block the guys number.
Re: 11 Celebrities Who Talked About Their Death Before It Happened by YoungSharawy4444(m): 2:44pm On Mar 04, 2018
[quote author=haymekus post=54136904]8. Dagrin

It’s been over 5 years since the tragic car accident claimed the life of the famous rapper Dagrin. But even half a decade later his glory doesn’t seem to fade. To pay tribute to the popular singer whose songs spoke to the hearts of millions of people we’re recapping the least known and most noticeable facts about Oladapo Olaitan Olaonipekun (aka Dagrin).

Dagrin’s style of rapping incorporated Yoruba and English. Before he died he managed to record two albums titled “Still on the matter” and “Chief Executive Omoita”
Dagrin Never Drop Any Album Called Still On The Matter
1st Album Was= Genesis Of The C.E.O
2nd Album Was= C.E.O,Chief Executive Omoita

(1) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Shares 10 Years Throwback Photo, Really Got Me Thinking / Bbnaija Caught Liquorose & Emmanuel In Bed (video) / Pictures: Wizkid, Chidinma, And Tiwa Savage During Their Pepsi Tour In Unilag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.