Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? (20280 Views)

CBN Offers Automatic Employment To Ebonyi First-Class Graduates Of Economics / Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates / Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by AmaechiLinus(m): 9:46am On Mar 01, 2017
Is there job at all in this country again?

Talk more of selecting which one pays better I
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by seunny4lif(m): 9:46am On Mar 01, 2017
grin grin grin
DMeanMan:

If a first class graduate has God
And a 3rd class graduate has God

Who will get the Job? undecided

1 Share

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by FagsamPHP(m): 9:47am On Mar 01, 2017
K
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 01, 2017
idris4r83:
At this nigerian era you are still talking about 2.2 n 2.1. Abeg forget all those jargons. with God n good connection.even with your pass degree u r good to go

you will not find any 2,2 in kpmg

2 Likes

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by vickydevoka(m): 9:48am On Mar 01, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

There are so many of them. To be honest, it boils down to the career path you wish to undertake.

If I decide to be a programmer today, and I am good at it well. They will hire me before a Computer Science first class graduate who knows just theories.

If you can troubleshoot and solve complex electric problems practically, even with your 2.2, they will hire you than the first class electrical Engineer that knowns only how to pass Exams.

I hope you can understand now.

It depends on the line of course you wish to undertake.
ya I have seen where by de took sum1 who studied agricultural engineering n mechanical engineering ahead of sum1 who studied electric electronics for a.programing job. bcuz of there skills n ground knowledge
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by chinkichun: 9:49am On Mar 01, 2017
OP asked a simple question and none of the respondents so far has answered it correctly; as simple as it is.

Na so una take dey get 2'2 and lower (pun intended grin).

I don't have a 2'2 or lower, so I don't have to answer. grin
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by vickydevoka(m): 9:49am On Mar 01, 2017
AmaechiLinus:
Is there job at all in this country again?

Talk more of selecting which one pays better I
Baba there are just dat de money paid is small
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by koxi: 9:50am On Mar 01, 2017
oluwaemmanuel:
In a country where the corruption has eaten deep into the education system and also students keep coming out with low grades whereas the little job opportunities available keeps placing barriers, what are the the chances those with Lower grade at the hND level and 2.2 at the b.sc level have. What hope do they hold on to?

God will see them through...if they have genuinely worked hard
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by stanmshel: 9:51am On Mar 01, 2017
Bro is Al about God favour nw....jst pray for blessings on your result....
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by TheBraggg(m): 9:55am On Mar 01, 2017
Skills & good grades are less important actually. It's just a matter of luck. Even interviews, there are no right answers.
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by BlueShine(m): 9:56am On Mar 01, 2017
seunoni34:
It's skill that matters in naija not grade. Except you're going for general jobs that everybody knows(or needs just a few days training to start work) like banking etc if you're going to work for IT coys, they pay you good money based on skill and experience not certificate atleast for now, and I bet they'll never do.

sir do you mean anyone can work professionally in a bank with just few days or training?? ? ??
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by LastSurvivor11: 9:57am On Mar 01, 2017
It's all about who you know OR ur proficiency in ur area of study that guarantee you a good job..

With my 2.2 I earn roughly 165k monthly. .
However, na WHO YOU KNOW dey give better job pass better result.
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by davoremix(m): 9:59am On Mar 01, 2017
Brother lock up your certificate, learn web design and programming and become a freelancer, Upwork.com. Thanks me later.
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by ayusco85(m): 10:00am On Mar 01, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

There are so many of them. To be honest, it boils down to the career path you wish to undertake.

If I decide to be a programmer today, and I am good at it well. They will hire me before a Computer Science first class graduate who knows just theories.

If you can troubleshoot and solve complex electric problems practically, even with your 2.2, they will hire you than the first class electrical Engineer that knowns only how to pass Exams.

I hope you can understand now.

It depends on the line of course you wish to undertake.

Listen to this guy. He knows what he is saying
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 01, 2017

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 01, 2017
DMeanMan:

why is your thinking so shallow, must we depend on God for everything.

1 Like

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by BiafranBushBoy: 10:14am On Mar 01, 2017
Joavid:
The way job Landers use the word 'skill' at the drop of a hat eh.

I look forward to a thread were they will break it down to bits of what 'skill' means and all types of skill for different career paths.

before then, stop screaming skill!!!!

Mama...The truth is that you haven't really understood about it.

I have written lots of articles on it. But you read without paying super attention. All the same.. Good luck
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Wilsonmoses: 10:16am On Mar 01, 2017
DMeanMan:

Read my post with understanding. Look at the first sentence.....
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by BiafranBushBoy: 10:16am On Mar 01, 2017
ToriBlue:
The worst thing that can happen to a Nigerian graduate is to graduate with anything below 2.1.

Especially if you don't have connection.

A big LIE!

1 Like

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 01, 2017
davide470:
Lol.

Oga, don't start

I dey quick vex oga mi grin grin
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by BiafranBushBoy: 10:17am On Mar 01, 2017
DanXplore:

you will not find any 2,2 in kpmg

Who KPMG help? undecided

1 Like

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Tjayjosh(m): 10:22am On Mar 01, 2017
DMeanMan:

If a first class graduate has God And a 3rd class graduate has God
Both of them.
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Nwanna2588: 10:25am On Mar 01, 2017
They're many 2.2 out there doing well. The poster should not compare 2.2 with any grade lower than it. The boundary has been drawn. While 2.2 competes with second class upper and first class other grades lower than 2.2 competes among themselves.

2 Likes

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Jeddy100(m): 10:30am On Mar 01, 2017
Wilsonmoses:
While graduating with good grades is good, putting God first is the best. It's all about God! With God a third class graduate can work in a place that pays well. It's all about Grace! FTC things.....

Grace without works is dead. We know that grace comes through faith, hence I have equated Grace and Faith together.. my point i.. we need to also work to obtain the grace.. What the OP refers to is what can students with second class lower, or lower, achieve in this corruption ridden country.

In my opinion, I think it is hard for a first class holder to get a job in this country, let alone others with a lower grading. It is therefore better for such students to seek opportunities overseas (I acknowledge that this in itself will be difficult, however consideration should be given to how to perhaps start a new degree, the earlier the better).

Other options will be to go into a lucrative business, come up with an app idea, something that will add value.

Once you have attempted all of this, then obviously add Grace to it and God will do the rest
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 01, 2017
DMeanMan:

If a first class graduate has God And a 3rd class graduate has God
The smarter of the two
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Tjayjosh(m): 10:32am On Mar 01, 2017
ToriBlue:
The worst thing that can happen to a Nigerian graduate is to graduate with anything below 2.1.

Especially if you don't have connection.
Talking Trash! I know a 3rd class graduate who got a very good job without connection. Life is strange. It's all about God.

1 Like

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by ezechinwa2: 10:36am On Mar 01, 2017
Wilsonmoses:
While graduating with good grades is good, putting God first is the best. It's all about God! With God a third class graduate can work in a place that pays well. It's all about Grace! FTC things.....

that's why Africa is still backward.. We always leave everything to God and this makes us so lazy.. What about hard work? What about using our brains?
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by NgreadNews(m): 10:40am On Mar 01, 2017
DMeanMan:

it depends on their relationship level (who is closer to him) with God and also who God see's best for it.

1 Like

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Florblu(f): 11:03am On Mar 01, 2017
LastSurvivor11:
It's all who you know OR ur proficiency in ur area of study that guarantee you a good job..

With my 2.2 I earn roughly 165k monthly. .
However, na WHO YOU KNOW dey give better job pass not result.

This is too much of an information.

2 Likes

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by mstemmy(f): 11:13am On Mar 01, 2017
i finished 2015 and served 2016,i know of a mate dat finished with 3rd class,he hasnt served yet but hes working with an engineering firm and he is bn paid well,am even begging him,if he can help me with a slot....Dat one nko,we both graduted from chemical engineeeing dept....
Currently in Nigeria,its no longer about grades its about connection,cos in in dat my set our first class graduate still dey hause o she dey jib hunt.

1 Like

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by phanshark(m): 11:37am On Mar 01, 2017
oluwaemmanuel:
In a country where the corruption has eaten deep into the education system and also students keep coming out with low grades whereas the little job opportunities available keeps placing barriers, what are the the chances those with Lower grade at the hND level and 2.2 at the b.sc level have. What hope do they hold on to?
well, the good news 4 them is that,they are the future governors, senators & president that will control the first class graduate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dynamic Resources / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2018, Imam, Others To Be Recruited / Nairaland & Other Internet Sites Are Designed For Fraud - NSCDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.