Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Is There A Cinema In Abuja - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is There A Cinema In Abuja (2161 Views)

Fire Outbreak At Ibadan Heritage Mall Destroys Cinema [PICTURES] / Nice Cinema In Onitsha.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Cinema In Abuja by mamagee3(f): 10:58pm On Dec 12, 2009
Is there a Cinema/theatre in Abuja? undecided
Re: Is There A Cinema In Abuja by MrCrackles(m): 11:13pm On Dec 12, 2009
Yes inside ASO ROCK and only for YARADUA and family. . . .
Re: Is There A Cinema In Abuja by mamagee3(f): 11:15pm On Dec 12, 2009
Sounds believable, but absurd. undecided
Re: Is There A Cinema In Abuja by paddylo1(m): 1:34am On Dec 13, 2009
silverbird cinema heres a pic. . .its in the central business district,u guys should learn to use google

recent article. . .
Owners of Silver Bird Entertainment Centre at the weekend assured Abuja residents of exciting entertaining weekends.

Head of the centre, Jide Asumah, who made the pledge, said the centre will give residents a reason to observe weekends in Abuja.

He said the eight storey centre located at Memorial Drive, by Shehu Musa Yar'adua's Centre has entertainment and retail shops sections.

"In the entertainment section, we have cinemas with 12 screen multiplex as well as various galleries for business class and first class persons," he stated.

According to him, the Very Important Personality (VIP) gallery are for those that need first class treatment.

"In the VIP gallery, limousine services exist, where if someone is celebrating a birthday or a special event with friends, the group can book with the cinema management for a limo to pick the guests at a chosen place to a private escalator in the centre.

The guests are taken to the VIP gallery to watch movies in comfort," he explained.

Mr Asumah disclosed that the smallest VIP hall has 19 seats while the biggest has 27, adding that a seat in that section costs N3,500 from Monday to Thursday, while on Friday to Sunday a seat is N5,000 and limo services along with champagne for three cost N500,000 for 27 persons.

He said in the normal section, a seat costs N1,500 for adult, N800 for children, while students with valid identity card pay N1,000 from Monday to Thursday.

"From Friday to Sunday adults pay N2,000 and we show any movies so far as it has quality," he added.

He disclosed further that there are 57 retail outlets within the building, ranging from children stores to house hold items, Jewelleries as well as fashions for men, women and children, adding that there is also a cyber zone where people can play computer games and buy Ice cream.

Jide said books, music, gyms and manicure stores also exist in the complex.
Re: Is There A Cinema In Abuja by londoner: 8:43pm On Dec 13, 2009
The cinema is mostly finished and open to the public. Went and watched a film there in October, I was SOOOOO impressed, we dont have them like that in London. It was really nice, there is also a bowling alley along with arcade games. Also there are shops, where you can buy perfume from around the world etc, and there is even a Nandos, but its not open yet.

When going to pay for my ticket I saw Ben Bruce and almost wet myself, lol

I was impressed and proud. It was 1,500 for one ticket though so they need to make it more affordable so it doesn't just become a place for rich families.

(1) (Reply)

Greece 2-year Work Permit Guranteed In 2 Weeks / How Do I Get To Ogun State From Kaduna State / Please Help With The Most Affordable Schools For Masters Abroad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.